PDA

View Full Version : Stones Charge Their Own Support Band

rustoffa
08-04-2006, 10:15 PM
The Rolling Stones have enraged their support band Kasabian by insisting they should pay $280 each for a ticket if they want to watch them after their slot.

The stars admit the band probably has nothing to do with the decision, but they are not impressed.

Kasabian frontman Tom Meighan says, "It's quite incredible. We're f**king supporting them!

"It's probably Americans who are running it, not (Mick) Jagger. And (Keith) Richards isn't going to know what's f**king going on."

Copyright World Entertainment News Network 2006

Hardrock69
08-05-2006, 12:38 PM
Sounds like Sharon charging bands 75,000 dollars for a slot on OzzFest

BrownSound1
08-06-2006, 02:58 AM
Now that is just ridiculous! I'll be fucked if I pay 280 bucks to see anyone play...not even Classic VH.

Panamark
08-06-2006, 03:16 AM
Why not hang out at the stage exit ??

*FREE*

MERRYKISSMASS2U
08-06-2006, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by BrownSound1
Now that is just ridiculous! I'll be fucked if I pay 280 bucks to see anyone play...not even Classic VH.

The stones have lately charged insane amounts of money for tix.

binnie
08-07-2006, 02:36 AM
If I had Kasabian supporting me, I'd fuckin' charge them to come see the show too!

fuckin awful music......

Tiki-Tom
08-07-2006, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by MERRYKISSMASS2U
The stones have lately charged insane amounts of money for tix. Are they stupid for charging that much...or are the people buying the tickets stupid for paying it?

Hardrock69
08-07-2006, 09:20 AM
A fool and his money....

Jérôme Frenchise
08-07-2006, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by rustoffa

"[...]And (Keith) Richards isn't going to know what's f**king going on."

Well, I think he should, really... There's a medium line between controlling everything and being blind about what's actually going on around him.

I've always been a Stones fan, but there's no way I would pay even half the price they ask for to be seen playing songs I know by heart, about half the beat they should be played...
Listening to the live boots or official records I've got over the past 17 years in chronological order, it's so obvious that the tempo has been slowing and slowing...
The best examples are songs like "When the whip comes down" or "Respectable": I'm sorry to say so because I'm a Stonesaholic, but they can stick their $120 tickets up their old farts's haemorrhoids! :mad:
Shit, it was $15 on their 1982 tour (maybe $50 or so in today's rate), and they were 4 times as worth being seen by then. :confused:
Go figure... :cool:

Mr. Vengeance
08-07-2006, 04:18 PM
I paid $150 x2 ($300) for a couple of tickets to their show in Ottawa. Well worth the price of admission. When I think I could have used that money to pay the man...fuck it- I'll give it to Keith and Mick and get a great show!

I would think that someone who is involved in the promotion of the show is the one asking the support band to pay. And the money likely would wind up right in that dude's pocket, not the Stones'..

guwapo_rocker
08-07-2006, 05:23 PM
I have no problem paying to see the Stones, unlike that

joke of a fucking tour that is (was) the WHO. I think

they're charging more actually.

I am sure the openers for the Stones can catch their set from side

stage as Panamark stated. The fee is probably for seats in the

first 5 rows which the stones reserve for friends, and friends of

friends for each show. I know, I've sat in them. And yes we

had to go up to a hotel room, line up, and pay for them just

like everyone else.:D

Diamondjimi
08-08-2006, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
Well, I think he should, really... There's a medium line between controlling everything and being blind about what's actually going on around him.

I've always been a Stones fan, but there's no way I would pay even half the price they ask for to be seen playing songs I know by heart, about half the beat they should be played...
Listening to the live boots or official records I've got over the past 17 years in chronological order, it's so obvious that the tempo has been slowing and slowing...
The best examples are songs like "When the whip comes down" or "Respectable": I'm sorry to say so because I'm a Stonesaholic, but they can stick their $120 tickets up their old farts's haemorrhoids! :mad:
Shit, it was $15 on their 1982 tour (maybe $50 or so in today's rate), and they were 4 times as worth being seen by then. :confused:
Go figure... :cool:

I paid $21.50 cdn to see them at "Sarsstock" in Toronto a few years ago. I would'nt pay a penny more to see them. They've progressed into a dinosaur Vegas act. Their tempo selection is pathetic . They totally lose the original feel by playing them at a consistant slow dirge for damn near every tune.

The only way I'd pay a good buck to see 'em is if someone built a time machine and sent me back to 1973...........

Fuck 'em !

rustoffa
08-08-2006, 11:19 PM
I paid 90 bucks a ticket for second tier seats to see the "Voodoo Lounge" show @ the Georgia Dome. Oddly enough, I paid 150 bucks a ticket for the "Bridges To Babylon" show @ the same venue, and ended up 1 fucking row from the stage the bridge went to on the floor.

The Voodoo Lounge show was way better, performance-wise. However, the extra 60 bucks spent on the BTB tickets afforded me the chance to see a mummified Charlie Watts hobbling across that stupid fucking bridge. Don't get me wrong, I love The Stones. I just don't know how they keep doing it. I'm glad that the BTB show was the last one I witnessed.
:)

Diamondjimi
08-14-2006, 11:22 PM
Keith has always said that when Charlie has had enough , the Stones are finished.
I beg to differ. As long as Mick & Keith are still living (sans life support machines) they'll continue to milk it......

singerman
08-15-2006, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
A fool and his money....

...are soon partying!

DrMaddVibe
08-18-2006, 03:16 PM
Panic for Rolling Stones as tour tickets go unsold
By RICHARD SIMPSON and KATIE HIND

16:40pm 18th August 2006

Losing their spark?

Mick Jagger and his bandmates will never have to worry about where the next paycheque is coming from.

And that is, perhaps, something they should be grateful for judging by the apparent apathy surrounding tickets sales for the Rolling Stones's homecoming concerts in Britain this weekend.

Incredibly for the biggest grossing tour band on earth, hundreds official tickets are still available for their Twickenham concert on Sunday and next Tuesday as well as their concerts in Cardiff and Glasgow.

Many more are also languishing on the internet auction site eBay with bids starting at as little as one penny.

Promoters have taken the unusual step of erecting hastily arranged billboards on the main roads into London advertising the shows - and are also taking out newspaper adverts to shift them.

But perhaps most embarrassing of all for the band who have a combined age of 249 is that cut-price tickets are also being sold to pensioners through the company Saga.

Saga, a company offering value-for-money services for the elderly has stepped in to offer half-price tickets to see the band during the European leg of their 'A Bigger Bang' tour.

The Kent-based organisation, which offers the elderly cheaper options for lifestyle opportunities such as holidays, insurance, financial products and entertainment, boasts on its website: 'See Gods of rock for yourself - The Rolling Stones return to rock in the UK live.'

Saga spokesman Paul Green added: 'We're delighted to be able to offer our customers this fantastic opportunity to see one of the world's greatest rock 'n' roll bands.

'It's an indication of what a lively bunch of today's older people are that we can encourage them to go to stadium rock concerts.

Users of eBay will have been surprised to discover yesterday that tickets for the concerts at Twickenham stadium - a few miles from the first ever Stones gig in Richmond 40 years ago - were failing to attract bids even as low as a few pence.

In one case, a pair of tickets costing £100 each had just one interested customer bidding for them - with a starting bid of just a penny.

Failing other further bidders being interested in the next 24 hours, the tickets will indeed sell for that sum.

There were seven other examples of pairs of tickets failing to meet bids of more than a penny yesterday afternoon. The tickets of 37 other ticket-holders failed to meet bids of more than a pound as of yesterday.

Postings on an unofficial Rolling Stones website yesterday put the apparent apathy to snap up tickets down to touts buying up hundreds of tickets in advance and failing to sell them all off. However official ticket lines only allow buys to purchase six tickets at a time to avoid just that happening.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=401097&in_page_id=1773