PDA

View Full Version : Iran: We supplied Zelzal-2 to Hizbullah

DrMaddVibe
08-05-2006, 02:59 PM
By JPOST.COM STAFF AND YAAKOV KATZ

Iran admitted for the first time on Friday that it did indeed supply long-range Zelzal-2 missiles to Hizbullah.

Secretary-general of the "Intifada conference" Mohtashami Pur told an Iranian newspaper that Iran transferred the missiles so that they could be used to defend Lebanon, Channel 1 reported.

The extent of Iran's intimate involvement in Hizbullah attacks is starting to emerge.

According to the defense establishment, the reason Hizbullah has not fired long-range Iranian-made Fajr missiles at Israel is due to Teheran's opposition. Israel now understands that without direct orders from the ayatollahs, Hizbullah is not allowed to use Iranian missiles in attacks against Israel.

The IDF also believes that it seriously damaged the long-range rocket array in the first night of air strikes almost three weeks ago and impaired Hizbullah's ability to fire the rockets.

The longer-range Zelzal missiles, manufactured by Iran and capable of reaching Tel Aviv, have also not been fired at Israel, and the IDF believes this is because it destroyed almost two-thirds of these in the Hizbullah arsenal.

Need more proof?

Spc. Graner
08-05-2006, 03:20 PM
Interesting! Who supplied Israel with their weapons?

Whoever it was, I am adding them to my prayer list. They have some mighty blessings coming form the one true Lord God!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9e/AbuGhraibScandalGraner55.jpg
Have a good time in Hell you commie terrorist scum!

Nickdfresh
08-05-2006, 04:52 PM
Well, they still killed a lot less Israelis than IDF bombs and artillery rounds have killed Lebanese, some of them Christians now apparently.

And 'Vibe, please provide a link for your threads, like just about every one else does. If Steve Savicki can learn to post an article, I think you can manage to cut and paste a simple link. Thank you for your attention to this matter.:)

FORD
08-05-2006, 05:00 PM
Don't believe anything written in the Likud Richard Perle controlled Jerusalem Post.

DrMaddVibe
08-05-2006, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
And 'Vibe, please provide a link for your threads, like just about every one else does.

Thought you DIDN'T want to be a reporter?

The link is in the story.

So much for COMPREHENSION!

Nickdfresh
08-05-2006, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
Thought you DIDN'T want to be a reporter?

Um, I just want people to not be lazy and stupid dickweeds that don't have the basic courtesy to post where they got something from. What does that have to do with being a reporter? Did the people that slammed Savicki in this forum for ONLY posting links want to be reporters too?

Really, such mindless hate and anger 'Vibe. You seem so unhappy.:(

The link is in the story.

So much for COMPREHENSION!

No, there is no "link" in the story, "Steve."

DrMaddVibe
08-05-2006, 09:01 PM
Hezbollah equipped like the `Syrian or Iranian army'
Israel's enemy is no ragtag militia

Anti-tank missiles proving deadly
Aug. 5, 2006. 01:00 AM
BENJAMIN HARVEY
ASSOCIATED PRESS

JERUSALEM—Hezbollah's sophisticated anti-tank missiles are perhaps its deadliest weapon in the fighting in Lebanon, with their ability to pierce Israel's most advanced tanks.

Experts say this is further evidence that Israel is facing a well-equipped army in this war, not a ragtag militia.

Hezbollah has fired Russian-made Metis-M anti-tank missiles and owns European-made Milan missiles, the army confirmed yesterday.

In the last two days alone, these missiles have killed seven soldiers and damaged three Israeli-made Merkava tanks, vaunted as symbols of Israel's might, the army said. Israeli media say most of the 44 soldiers killed in four weeks of fighting were hit by anti-tank missiles.

"They (Hezbollah guerrillas) have some of the most advanced anti-tank missiles in the world," said Yossi Kuperwasser, a senior military intelligence officer who retired earlier this summer.

"This is not a militia, it's an infantry brigade with all the support units," Kuperwasser said.

Israel contends Hezbollah gets almost all of its weaponry from Syria and by extension Iran, including its anti-tank missiles.

That's why cutting off the supply chain is essential and why fighting Hezbollah after it has spent six years building up its arsenal is proving so painful to Israel, officials say.

"To the best of my understanding, they (Hezbollah) are as well-equipped as any standing unit in the Syrian or Iranian armies," said Eran Lerman, a retired army colonel and now director of the Israel/Middle East office of the American Jewish Committee. "This is not a rat-pack guerrilla, this is an organized militia."

Besides the anti-tank missiles, Hezbollah is also known to have a powerful rocket-propelled grenade known as the RPG29. These weapons are also smuggled through Syria, an Israeli security official said, and were used by Palestinian militants in Gaza to damage tanks.

Yesterday, Jane's Defence Weekly, a defence industry magazine, reported that Hezbollah asked Iran for "a constant supply of weapons" to support its operations against Israel.

It cited Western diplomats as saying Iranian officials promised Hezbollah a steady supply of weapons "for the next stage of the confrontation."

Top Israeli intelligence officials say they have seen Iranian Revolutionary Guard soldiers on the ground with Hezbollah troops. They say that permission to fire Hezbollah's longer-range missiles would likely require Iranian go-ahead.

DrMaddVibe
08-05-2006, 09:02 PM
Um, I just want people to not be lazy and stupid dickweeds that don't have the basic courtesy to post where they got something from. What does that have to do with being a reporter? Did the people that slammed Savicki in this forum for ONLY posting links want to be reporters too?

Really, such mindless hate and anger 'Vibe. You seem so unhappy.:(

No, there is no "link" in the story, "Steve."

JPOST.COM STAFF...you can't read!

Down lappy!

Nickdfresh
08-05-2006, 09:07 PM
JPOST.COM STAFF...you can't read!

Down lappy!

Well, what if I put "JPOST.COM" in by browser, ten days from now? Will the story be there? Is the link yellow? can I click it to go directly to the story without browsing through the sports page? That's not a link, I don't even know what story it is.

Jesus, even Steve didn't argue.:rolleyes:

DrMaddVibe
08-05-2006, 09:10 PM
Well, what if I put "JPOST.COM" in by browser, ten days from now? Will the story be there? Is the link yellow? can I click it to go directly to the story without browsing through the sports page? That's not a link, I don't even know what story it is.

Jesus, even Steve didn't argue.:rolleyes:

Like I care what you do today, much less 10 days from now?!?

YOU'RE the lazy dickweed if you can't even look up the website for yourself!

Down Lappy!

Nickdfresh
08-05-2006, 09:18 PM
Like I care what you do today, much less 10 days from now?!?

YOU'RE the lazy dickweed if you can't even look up the website for yourself!

Down Lappy!

Whatever buttnut, it shouldn't be my job to hunt down what you are posting Ms.SavickiVibe. I had BBB yell at me once because he wanted the sources to articles I posted for a college paper, or whatever, and I only posted the general org. like "LAtimes.com." And it was long after the fact, so the main page link I posted certainly didn't have the specific article on it.

In any case, legally speaking, you're not supposed to post more than four paragraphs, then provide a link otherwise it could conceivably be considered a copyright violation. I figure most organizations don't really care if you post the complete article if you give them some traffic, and publicity by posting an easy link to their site.

The bottom line is, the next article you post without a link, is going into Arielle's tampon box.

DrMaddVibe
08-06-2006, 09:37 AM
DOWN LAPPY!

Nickdfresh
08-06-2006, 10:30 AM
DOWN LAPPY!

Sure Steve.

Dr. Love
08-06-2006, 12:39 PM
Just post the link and cite your post. It's not that hard.

Spc. Graner
08-06-2006, 01:19 PM
DOWN LAPPY!

It's love!

http://www.biust.pl/pasaz/foto/mama/jnj_ky_jelly_150.jpg