PDA

View Full Version : Oh boy did I get ROCKED last night!

Ellyllions
08-06-2006, 11:10 AM
Candlebox played a free show last night here in Raleigh.

And holy jumpin' jehozaphat! I couldn't believe how incredible the show was. The band is so tight it's incredible.

The lead singer's voice is phenominal (am I using enough adjectives? :D ). He hit every note with perfect pitch and scream. Somewhere Sebastain Bach is seething over Kevin Martin's vocal ability.

If you get the chance, open your mind and go see one of these shows. I promise that you WONT be disappointed.

And the best part?
My 16 year old emo, screamo went with us and this morning....robbed the house of all of our Candlebox music to put in his car. I couldn't be more proud!:p

diamondsgirl
08-06-2006, 11:42 AM
Kevin Martin kicks ass! Fantastic voice. I didn't know he was still with Candlebox. Hadn't he gone off on his own for a while?

Glad you had a great time! :cool:

Ellyllions
08-06-2006, 11:52 AM
From what I understand he did one album away from Candlebox. But they've got a new Greatest Hits album and are doing a short 3 month tour this summer.

Last night, I'll bet there were 3,000 people crowded into Moore's Square and the band was obviously taken "aback" by the response.

Kevin asked the audience, "What would you say to us doing a new album and coming back to see you next year?"

High hopes. Can't wait for Next week.

mako_kimura
08-06-2006, 10:49 PM
Sounds like ya had a good time. I just got home from seeing Ted Nugent. DAMN....I'm still pumped, hoarse, and partially deaf. I've never seen anything like it. I guess we both had a good time

binnie
08-07-2006, 02:46 AM
Damn, I'm gonna go and get some Candlebox on the strength of that review!