PDA

View Full Version : ColdStone Creamery....lethal ice cream at it's finest!

RuzDNailz
08-07-2006, 05:50 AM
Well, last month I decided to drive down with some buds down to the States and try out this CSC ice cream. Well, it was worth the trip and more! I was chatting with the server behind the counter who was telling me that CSC is eyeing a market here in Canada! But I'm worried that they might tame it for us. If that's the case, then I'm not interested at all. You guys over in the Stateside have the ultimate icecream and it was probably your best kept secret until now. I don't know if you get Baskin Robbins, but I'll greatly settle for CSC anyday of the week. I would grab one for one of my cheat days because they are pretty high in calories and fat. Otherwise the moment I'm on American soil, CSC is the first thing on my 'to-do' list.

The other thing I'm worried about if they come here is the lasting existance here. Some awesome American chains came here and left leaving us angry and disappointed.:mad:

diamondsgirl
08-07-2006, 10:57 AM
Some of the best ice cream ever made. I think they should get Roth as their spokesman. LMAO. He's ripe for some endorsement work right about now.

"All my flavors are guarenteeeeeeeeeeed to satis-a-fy...."

:cool:

FORD
08-07-2006, 03:41 PM
It's definitely some good shit. Great concept the way the menu is set up for you to pick your own combination of ingredients, and then watching these guys mix it all up is an experience within itself.

Kinda like someone took the "Subway" and "Starbucks" models, combined them, and applied them to ice cream.

And some of the cakes look damn good too, though I haven't tried them yet.

As I said in another thread, there's two Coldstones in the local area, but they're both on the far end of town, so I don't get there often, which is just as well, considering it's a habit I would rather not form

Thank God for their existence though, since I'll never go to Baskin Robbins again. They were bought by the Carlyle Group (the corporate investment division of the Bush Criminal Empire) along with Dunkin Donuts :(

http://www.coldstonecreamery.com/main/index.asp

vheddyrmv8
08-07-2006, 03:46 PM
Not a big fan of it, the ice cream is good but I can't stand when they sing. They have good cake too.

Unchainme
08-07-2006, 04:03 PM
I Heard it sucked and was rather pricey. So I Have avoided it, and just went to Dairy Queen and places like that.

twonabomber
08-07-2006, 04:09 PM
i haven't tried it either. kinda trendy for me...i'll stick with DQ.

diamondsgirl
08-07-2006, 05:40 PM
you can sign up for a free ice cream on your birthday on their website :D

you can sign up to 5 "kids" per family

I thought that was nice :)

RuzDNailz
08-08-2006, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by Unchainme
I Heard it sucked and was rather pricey. So I Have avoided it, and just went to Dairy Queen and places like that.

DQ still reigns supreme for their softserve icecream. But CS was a great experience because it was different from the other places I normally go to.

RuzDNailz
08-08-2006, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl
you can sign up for a free ice cream on your birthday on their website :D

you can sign up to 5 "kids" per family

I thought that was nice :)

Speaking of 'free ice cream', we used to trick the servers at The Sizzler when it was still here that it was one of our birthdays. They eventually caught on, though. Afterall, we were in 8th grade and those
were some crazy times!

Sizzler....why did you have to leave us?:(

Douglas T.
08-08-2006, 09:37 AM
One time we ordered a pizza to the house across the street! The people were out of town! We left a note on the door to the pizza man saying:

"PizzaMan, We ran around the corner to get more furniture as we was moving in today. If possible come back in ten minutes or leave pizza and we'll run the payment to your place of business or take the pizza with you and we'll come get it when we return!"

Guess what!? The guy leaves us the pizza! We run over and get it and it's pizza for FREE!