PDA

View Full Version : Well SCRAPE MY EYE!

Douglas T.
08-08-2006, 09:28 AM
I have to have a CORNEAL NEOPLASM cut off my eye Wednesday the 9th! Back in sixth grade I had a pencil land in my eye after someone threw it across the room on the last day of school! This left a yellow spot in my eye that has been there for over 30 years! The Dr. has always said it will never be a problem! Now it has decided to make a bump on my eye trying to get out! SooOOO tommorrow they are removing this bump! I don't know how but I am NOT looking forward to it! So keep me in your thoughts and prayers! THANKS! :(

Jimmy Jingles
08-08-2006, 10:20 AM
Good luck you yellow-eyed bastard!

Coyote
08-08-2006, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Douglas T.
I have to have a CORNEAL NEOPLASM cut off my eye Wednesday the 9th! Back in sixth grade I had a pencil land in my eye after someone threw it across the room on the last day of school! This left a yellow spot in my eye that has been there for over 30 years! The Dr. has always said it will never be a problem! Now it has decided to make a bump on my eye trying to get out! SooOOO tommorrow they are removing this bump! I don't know how but I am NOT looking forward to it! So keep me in your thoughts and prayers! THANKS! :(

You'll be OK.:baaa:

blonddgirl777
08-08-2006, 11:28 AM

I WILL definitely send you some positive energie...

Good luck!
Everything will be just fine ;)

binnie
08-08-2006, 01:16 PM
Good look DT, I'm sure you wish you will be fine!

I bet you wish that you could get hold of the guy that threw the pencil right now, huh?

blonddgirl777
08-08-2006, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by binnie
... I bet you wish that you could get hold of the guy that threw the pencil right now, huh?

Once, when I was about 10, I was playing in the park with all the school kids and I stupidly decided to throw a can full of "7Up" on the pic-nic blanket, from very far...

It was windy and I couldn't throw a ball in a basket to save my life...
So the can hit a girl right on the forehead and the blood was pissing.

She had to have stitches and was left with a bad scar...

My Mom. made me take money from by piggy bank and buy her a present. Of course, I had to go appologize and all.

Now, I don't know where that girl is and what had became of her but I sure hope she doesn't want to get back at me, every time she looks in the mirror!

IT REALLY WAS an accident and I still feel very sorry for it. :(

Hardrock69
08-08-2006, 05:05 PM
When I was 5, a neighborhood kid older than I was tried to tell me I could grab a bumble bee in my hand and it would not sting me. At first I did not believe him, but of course being 5, I was fairly ignorant, and he convinced me to try it anyway.

OWWW!!!! :rolleyes:

Mom put a salve on my hand, while tsk-tsking about "How could you be so stupid?"

So I went out into the back yard to play by myself and seek some self-consolation.
:(

We had a chain link fence, and that same kid came along the alley and began to tease me about it.

So I hopped the fence, and started to use all the kiddie curse words I knew (something like "You are a stupid DUMDUM!!!").
:mad:

So this kid got mad, and he picked up a piece of asphalt about as big as a dinner plate and weighing about 4 or 5 pounds and threw it at me.

I leapt backwards and it fell at my feet.

I picked it up and threw it at him, and it hit him on his forehead, POW!

It was like a horror movie.

The blood poured over his face until he was covered in it. :eek:

He stared at his blood-covered hands in horror and began crying and then shrieked "LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE TO ME!!!" And ran home wailing.

Being the ever resourceful kid I was when trying to escape blame, I ran into the house and said to my Mom "I'm gonna go over to Tommy's house and play!"

Mom said "Ok...just be back in time for supper.".

Tommy lived a block away, and I figured I could escape blame if I was far from the scene of the crime.

I did not even get across the street when I heard my name being called by my then-furious mother.

She was standing on the porch, and ordered me inside. Within 3 minutes, the kid and his mom showed up, with the kid having a bandage on his forehead.

Then the blame-game began:

"He started it!"
"Did not!"
"Did SO!"

I got an ass-whipping by my dad when he got home from work that night.

With a belt.

Now fast-forward 35 years.

I was sitting around one day while visiting my parents, and I realized that being an adult, they would believe my side of the story if I told it to them.

So I asked my Mom if she remembered the incident, and she did not, so I told her what happened.

She then asked me why I was bothering to tell her this story, and I explained that all my life I knew that I was in the right, and I just wanted her to know what really happened, even though she did not remember it.

Try it you guys.....if you ever had an incident in your childhood where you were in the right and your parents did not believe you, if you are now in your 20s, 30s or 40s, and your parents know that now you have no reason to lie to them, tell them what really happened.

Though the kid was too young to realize it, we both got a lesson in Karma that day.

Oh and by the way, DT, are you good at carving canes with a red tip?
:D :cool:

Douglas T.
08-08-2006, 05:46 PM
^I didn't think you would fall for the bee thing! If I wanted to hit you with the blacktop I would have! I missed on purpose!! And I still have a scar on my forehead damnit!

Thanks for the thoughts! The doc looked at it today and said he's gonna give it a few more days! Woo Hoo! I found out they drop drops in your eye so you don't feel it or can't move your eye then they either take a laser or sand it away! Why do I invision a James Bond movie where he's tied to a table and there is a laser headed toward his chicken bag?

DrMaddVibe
08-08-2006, 05:58 PM
I'll keep an eye out for ya, bro!

Naw, really...I'll put you in my prayers.

Douglas T.
08-08-2006, 06:03 PM
^Thanks! Did ya get those pictures developed yet?

DlocRoth
08-08-2006, 06:35 PM
Yo DT! Good luck.

Hey if you decide you don't wanna go through with it use your m.o.

Duck behind a fence, they'll never look for ya there!

Cheers!

Hardrock69
08-08-2006, 09:47 PM
Ok now, we are going to take the long away around to get to your eye.....

http://accordionguy.blogware.com/Photos/2006/04/goldfinger_bond_and_laser.jpg

jhale667
08-08-2006, 09:55 PM
Good luck, DT!

bantonelli
08-09-2006, 01:01 AM
DT...I'll say a prayer for you tonite. We are going to give you the good ole "Driver's ED" Test with ROTH and SPAM pictures and have you decipher who's who......

binnie
08-09-2006, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
When I was 5, a neighborhood kid older than I was tried to tell me I could grab a bumble bee in my hand and it would not sting me. At first I did not believe him, but of course being 5, I was fairly ignorant, and he convinced me to try it anyway.

OWWW!!!! :rolleyes:

Mom put a salve on my hand, while tsk-tsking about "How could you be so stupid?"

So I went out into the back yard to play by myself and seek some self-consolation.
:(

We had a chain link fence, and that same kid came along the alley and began to tease me about it.

So I hopped the fence, and started to use all the kiddie curse words I knew (something like "You are a stupid DUMDUM!!!").
:mad:

So this kid got mad, and he picked up a piece of asphalt about as big as a dinner plate and weighing about 4 or 5 pounds and threw it at me.

I leapt backwards and it fell at my feet.

I picked it up and threw it at him, and it hit him on his forehead, POW!

It was like a horror movie.

The blood poured over his face until he was covered in it. :eek:

He stared at his blood-covered hands in horror and began crying and then shrieked "LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE TO ME!!!" And ran home wailing.

Being the ever resourceful kid I was when trying to escape blame, I ran into the house and said to my Mom "I'm gonna go over to Tommy's house and play!"

Mom said "Ok...just be back in time for supper.".

Tommy lived a block away, and I figured I could escape blame if I was far from the scene of the crime.

I did not even get across the street when I heard my name being called by my then-furious mother.

She was standing on the porch, and ordered me inside. Within 3 minutes, the kid and his mom showed up, with the kid having a bandage on his forehead.

Then the blame-game began:

"He started it!"
"Did not!"
"Did SO!"

I got an ass-whipping by my dad when he got home from work that night.

With a belt.

Now fast-forward 35 years.

I was sitting around one day while visiting my parents, and I realized that being an adult, they would believe my side of the story if I told it to them.

So I asked my Mom if she remembered the incident, and she did not, so I told her what happened.

She then asked me why I was bothering to tell her this story, and I explained that all my life I knew that I was in the right, and I just wanted her to know what really happened, even though she did not remember it.

Try it you guys.....if you ever had an incident in your childhood where you were in the right and your parents did not believe you, if you are now in your 20s, 30s or 40s, and your parents know that now you have no reason to lie to them, tell them what really happened.

Though the kid was too young to realize it, we both got a lesson in Karma that day.

Oh and by the way, DT, are you good at carving canes with a red tip?
:D :cool:

Next time i see my parents, I'm gonna try that!

guwapo_rocker
08-09-2006, 09:19 AM
Best wishes for today Dougie!!

blonddgirl777
08-09-2006, 11:22 PM
Hey Doug,

PLEASE, let us know how it went!

Douglas T.
08-10-2006, 09:29 AM
Well ... as Dr. Kavorkian was firing up his chainsaw to remove this bump from my eye! Lil Mrs. China lady says ... we give this another few days I think it is going away! Kavorkian shuts off chain saw and stomps out of the hut! SooOOoo I get to go another week in my Earkle glasses! I guess the thoughts & prayers are working! THANKS!:cool:

Ozzy Fudd
08-10-2006, 09:58 AM
Good Luck DT.
I got a Old School wound as well, it is in my thigh this asshole kid stabed me there ...back in fourth grade 1960 somethin and i still have a black dot about 1/4 '' where he got me.

binnie
08-10-2006, 10:02 AM
Hey, hope it's all sorted soon!

Douglas T.
08-10-2006, 11:39 AM
You and me both! I'm happy for the last minute second opinion!

blonddgirl777
08-10-2006, 11:46 AM
You and me both! I'm happy for the last minute second opinion!

I'm glad for you!
Hope it all cures itself...

So where is the smily curly guy I used to see to my left? :p

Douglas T.
08-10-2006, 04:10 PM
I stopped using my hair pick with the PEACE sign on the end after I saw that picture in my yearbook! That is how I feel now that I have to wear my goggles for a week. I say goggles because vision is certainly my weakest sense! My glasses are outdated it's been so long since I wore them ... think of HYDE from the 70's show! :cool:

blonddgirl777
08-11-2006, 11:44 AM
... think of HYDE from the 70's show! :cool:

I hear you, but I miss smily/curly...

Douglas T.
08-11-2006, 03:05 PM
^So DO I ... SOOooOO do I! :D

Douglas T.
08-19-2006, 05:44 PM
things have cleared up and we're back to normal for now! as normal as you can exspect anyway! Thanks for the thoughts!

http://www.freakingnews.com/entries/22500/22519-Apiphobia---Fear-of-Bees_w.jpg

Hardrock69
08-21-2006, 09:50 AM
Glad to hear it!!