PDA

View Full Version : Lieber-ation Thread!!

Satan
08-08-2006, 09:01 PM
As of 8:58 PM EST

U.S. Senate - - Dem Primary
106 of 748 Precincts Reporting - 14.17%
Name Party Votes Pct
Lamont, Ned 25,969 57.79%
Lieberman, Joe 18,968 42.21%

Looks good so far. Stay tuned.....

LoungeMachine
08-08-2006, 09:15 PM
Karma's a bitch, Joey.

Satan
08-08-2006, 09:17 PM
9:15 EST

189 of 748 Precincts Reporting - 25.27%
Name Party Votes Pct
Lamont, Ned Dem 40,934 55.09
Lieberman, Joe (i) Dem 33,375 44.91

Satan
08-08-2006, 09:27 PM
9:27 EST

287 of 748 Precincts Reporting - 38.37%
Name Party Votes Pct
Lamont, Ned Dem 61,449 53.62
Lieberman, Joe (i) Dem 53,159 46.38

Satan
08-08-2006, 09:41 PM
9:40 EST

Oh shit, things are tightening up. Hope that some honest people are watching the polls....

404 of 748 Precincts Reporting - 54.01%
Name Party Votes Pct
Lamont, Ned Dem 74,396 51.98
Lieberman, Joe (i) Dem 68,718 48.02

Hardrock69
08-08-2006, 10:02 PM
Hmmm close race...

Satan
08-08-2006, 10:04 PM
Lamont lead holding, thank Hell......

551 of 748 Precincts Reporting - 73.66%
Name Party Votes Pct
Lamont, Ned Dem 103,145 51.73
Lieberman, Joe (i) Dem 96,235 48.27

Satan
08-08-2006, 10:22 PM
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/3215/08081905080ng2.jpg

Satan
08-08-2006, 10:31 PM
10:29 PM EST

625 of 748 Precincts Reporting - 83.56%
Name Party Votes Pct
Lamont, Ned Dem 120,616 51.88
Lieberman, Joe (i) Dem 111,887 48.12

Nobody is "calling" it yet, but it's not likely Holy Joe could make up the deficit at this point.

Seems that this may be a good night for the Demoncratic party :)

LoungeMachine
08-08-2006, 10:48 PM
3 names to remember.

Diebold
Blackwell
Harris

That's all I'm saying.....

Satan
08-08-2006, 11:00 PM
11:00 EST

706 of 748 Precincts Reporting - 94.39%
Name Party Votes Pct
Lamont, Ned Dem 136,353 51.73
Lieberman, Joe (i) Dem 127,249 48.27

Satan
08-08-2006, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
3 names to remember.

Diebold
Blackwell
Harris

That's all I'm saying.....

Connecticut is still a Dieboldless state, fortunate for them. Not sure how corrupt their Secretary of State is, or whether it's a partisan appointee as opposed to elected official (i.e.Sam Reed)

LoungeMachine
08-08-2006, 11:08 PM
My point being 3,000 Lamont votes could "disappear" overnight.

Wouldn't be the first time.....

Satan
08-08-2006, 11:17 PM
Joe just gave his half-assed concession speech, and then said he was running as an "independent".

THEN he had the nerve to ask for UNITY.

And Tom Carper, Vice Lunatic of the DLC has already endorsed Liberman running as an "independent".

Fuck every last one of those DLC fascist PNAC blowing bastards in the ass.

Let Joe's defeat serve as notice to the rest of you.

The true Demoncrats are taking our country back, so GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE WAY!!

http://www.blogjones.com/Images/sore.loserman.jpg

Satan
08-08-2006, 11:25 PM
http://bushspeaks.com/img/bush-lite-lieberman.jpg

Switch84
08-09-2006, 02:27 AM
By Susan Page, USA TODAY
Six years after he was cheered as the Democrats' choice for vice president, Connecticut Sen. Joe Lieberman on Tuesday was denied his party's nomination for a fourth term in a bitter primary challenge that turned into a referendum on the Iraq war.
ANALYSIS: Lieberman weakened from start

Challenger Ned Lamont, 52, a millionaire businessman who was unknown to nine of 10 Democrats in the state just three months ago, tapped anti-war sentiment and the support of liberal Internet bloggers to unseat one of the nation's most prominent Democrats.

However, Lieberman vowed to run as an independent against Lamont in the general election.

"I am, of course, disappointed by the results, but I am not discouraged," Lieberman told supporters as he conceded at a Hartford hotel just after 11 p.m. He said "the old politics of political partisanship won today" and declared: "For the sake of our state, our country and my party, I cannot and will not let that result go unchallenged."

A few minutes later in Meriden, Lamont decried that U.S. troops were "stuck in a civil war in Iraq" and said it was "high time we bring them home to a hero's welcome." The crowd chanted: "Bring them home."

Lamont's margin of victory — a lead of about 10,000 votes — was a bit narrower than predicted by statewide polls over the past week.

In a final dispute, Lieberman accused Lamont's supporters of crashing his campaign website on Tuesday and demanded a criminal investigation by state and federal authorities. The senator said he didn't have proof who was responsible but said it was safe to assume that "it wasn't any casual observer."

Lamont denied his campaign was involved and called the accusation "another scurrilous charge."

Lieberman's ouster was a sign of the Democratic voters' anger over the war and their impatience with elected officials who haven't confronted Bush with what they see as sufficient force.

In the past half-century, the only other such prominent senator to lose his party's nomination was J. William Fulbright, chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee and a leading critic of the Vietnam War. He was defeated in the 1974 Arkansas Democratic primary by then-governor Dale Bumpers.

Posted 8/9/2006 12:15 AM ET
Updated 8/9/2006 12:35 AM ET

Satan
08-09-2006, 05:00 AM
Wednesday, August 9th, 2006

It's All About Who You Sleep With ... a Cautionary Note from Michael Moore

Friends,

Let the resounding defeat of Senator Joe Lieberman send a cold shiver down the spine of every Democrat who supported the invasion of Iraq and who continues to support, in any way, this senseless, immoral, unwinnable war. Make no mistake about it: We, the majority of Americans, want this war ended -- and we will actively work to defeat each and every one of you who does not support an immediate end to this war.

Nearly every Democrat set to run for president in 2008 is responsible for this war. They voted for it or they supported it. That single, stupid decision has cost us 2,592 American lives and tens of thousands of Iraqi lives. Lieberman and Company made a colossal mistake -- and we are going to make sure they pay for that mistake. Payback time started last night.

I realize that there are those like Kerry and Edwards who have now changed their position and are strongly anti-war. Perhaps that switch will be enough for some to support them. For others, like me -- while I'm glad they've seen the light -- their massive error in judgment is, sadly, proof that they are not fit for the job. They sided with Bush, and for that, they may never enter the promised land.

To Hillary, our first best hope for a woman to become president, I cannot for the life of me figure out why you continue to support Bush and his war. I'm sure someone has advised you that a woman can't be elected unless she proves she can kick ass just as crazy as any man. I'm here to tell you that you will never make it through the Democratic primaries unless you start now by strongly opposing the war. It is your only hope. You and Joe have been Bush's biggest Democratic supporters of the war. Last night's voter revolt took place just a few miles from your home in Chappaqua. Did you hear the noise? Can you read the writing on the wall?

To every Democratic Senator and Congressman who continues to back Bush's War, allow me to inform you that your days in elective office are now numbered. Myself and tens of millions of citizens are going to work hard to actively remove you from any position of power.

If you don't believe us, give Joe a call.

Yours,
Michael Moore
mmflint@aol.com
www.michaelmoore.com

P.S. Republicans -- sorry to leave you out of this letter. It's just that our side has a little housecleaning to do. We'll take care of you this November.

ULTRAMAN VH
08-09-2006, 06:22 AM
Oh boy, just what we need, a far left run Government. How about a 3rd party independent to shake things up a bit. The Left and the Right really don't give a frogs fat ass about the middle class. As a matter of fact they have inserted a huge drinking straw into the middle class and are sucking us dry. Actions speak louder than words and both have proven they want big Government.

DrMaddVibe
08-09-2006, 07:29 AM
So...Karma is defined as eating your own?

Where's Mr.Ketchup?

Steve Savicki
08-09-2006, 09:37 AM
Lieberman files to run as independent:

http://www.yahoo.com/s/135781/*http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060809/ap_on_el_se/primary_elections

HARTFORD, Conn. - Sen.
Joe Lieberman's campaign filed the petitions Wednesday morning for him to run for re-election as an independent, hours after he lost the Democratic primary to an anti-war businessman.
ADVERTISEMENT

"I feel we began to get our message across strongly and we're going to keep on going," Lieberman told The Associated Press on Wednesday. "This race is going to be all about who can get more done and who can be a better representative of Connecticut."

Lieberman said his campaign has collected more than 18,000 signatures on its petitions, more than twice the number needed to get on the fall ballot as an independent.

Hours after losing Lieberman said Wednesday that he had to run as an independent for the good of the country and no one could persuade him to drop out.

"I'll always take the calls of friends, but my mind is made up," Lieberman told NBC's "Today" show Wednesday. "I'm going forward. I'm going forward because I'm fed up with all the partisanship in Washington that stops us from getting anything done."

Asked if there was anyone who could call and get him to change his mind, Lieberman replied:

"Respectfully no. I'm committed to this campaign."

Voters in Connecticut on Tuesday rejected Lieberman for political newcomer Ned Lamont in the nation's first major test of the depth of anger over the
Iraq war. Lamont won with 52 percent of the vote, or 146,061 votes, to 48 percent for Lieberman, or 136,042, with 99 percent of precincts reporting.

A jubilant Lamont told supporters: "Tonight we voted for big change." The millionaire owner of a cable television company has held local political offices in Greenwich, Conn., but never at the state level. His campaign focused on Lieberman's support for the war in Iraq and his perceived closeness to
President Bush.

Lieberman conceded the primary but, undaunted, said he would press on.

"For the sake of our state, our country and my party, I cannot and will not let that result stand," Lieberman said.

<center>So now he will have enemies from both of the other political parties? Will he stand a chance?</center>

blueturk
08-09-2006, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by ULTRAMAN VH
Oh boy, just what we need, a far left run Government. How about a 3rd party independent to shake things up a bit. The Left and the Right really don't give a frogs fat ass about the middle class. As a matter of fact they have inserted a huge drinking straw into the middle class and are sucking us dry. Actions speak louder than words and both have proven they want big Government.

Although I agree that neither side really cares about the middle class, a far left run government can't possibly do any worse than the current far right run government. This administration is destined to be remembered as one of the worst run governments in America's history.

"You never know what your history is going to be like until long after you're gone."— George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., May 5, 2006

Satan
08-09-2006, 05:57 PM
Considering we haven't had a "far left" government in this country for decades, I would argue that it's certainly worth a shot. The last 25 years of right wing governments have destroyed the country (including the semi-right winger Clinton, who was good for economic prosperity, but ultimately bad by pushing Poppy's NAFTA)

BigBadBrian
08-09-2006, 06:09 PM
http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/media/photo/2006-08/24702151.jpg

This picture says it all, folks.

Lamont is obviously dirty if these other two slimeballs supported him.

Wonder what they are getting in return?

How much does it take to buy Jesse and Al?

:)

thome
08-09-2006, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Satan
Wednesday, August 9th, 2006
Make no mistake about it: We, the majority of Americans, want this war ended -- and we will actively work to defeat each and every one of you who does not support an immediate end to this war.

Yours,
Michael Moore
mmflint@aol.com
www.michaelmoore.com
-------------

C'Mon Pussy!!!! Any Time Any Place!!!

You, Declaring War on Me, C'Mom!!!

You War Mongering,,, Pacifist!!! Bastard!!!
--------------------------------------------------------
Oh jeez, i crack myself up ...Go Gettum Mikee!!

Moore reminds me of the -Big Pussy- kid at football practice who used to cry cause the shoulder pads were too heavy.Then he would sh!t himself so coach would make him go home.

Lieberman reminds me of the good lightweight player who was always on the C-Team.The wrong team .

Maybe Moore could join Lieberman's fight for popularity in the press..?

The Lightweight and the Cry Baby in 08'!!!!

Together they will get Nothing Done!!