PDA

View Full Version : Hey, Hollywood, what about liberal anti-Semitism?

BigBadBrian
08-10-2006, 10:59 AM
Hey, Hollywood, what about liberal anti-Semitism?

Assume, for the sake of argument, that Mel Gibson's drunken anti-Semitic tirade makes him an unrequited, unrepentant Jew-hater.

Barbara Walters, co-host of the "The View," denounced Gibson. The woman who once called brutal dictator Fidel Castro "sexy" announced that she refuses to see another Mel Gibson film. One powerful, well-known Hollywood agent urged Hollywood to "shun" Gibson. A major producer, in an anti-Gibson paid newspaper ad, said, "When I was making movies, there was something called a 'morals' clause in actors [sic] contracts. Doesn't that still exist?" One rabbi told me that Gibson's rant -- that "Jews cause all the wars" -- appears to have been "thought out."

Actor-director Mel Gibson laughs during a news conference in Seattle, Wash., in this Thursday, May 18, 1995 file photo. (AP Photo/Dave Weaver) Thought out?

Do Gibson's critics truly believe that a sober Gibson thinks "Jews cause all wars"? All of them? Remember, Gibson starred and directed "Braveheart," an Oscar-winning film about a war between the Scots and the British. Does a sober Mel Gibson believe that Jews caused that one? What about America's Revolutionary War? Or England's Civil War, or America's War Between the States, or the Peloponnesian War, or . . . ?

The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) denounced former Sen. Fritz Hollings, D-S.C., who opposed the Iraq war. Hollings blamed the war on Israel, stating, "With Iraq no threat, why invade a sovereign country? The answer: President Bush's policy to secure Israel. . . . [S]preading democracy in the Mideast to secure Israel would take the Jewish vote from the Democrats." The ADL's Abraham Foxman said, "This is reminiscent of age-old, anti-Semitic canards about a Jewish conspiracy to control and manipulate government."

Tell me, Hollywood, why does "documentarian" Michael Moore get a pass? Moore, speaking to an audience in Liverpool, England, denounced the war in Iraq, arguing that America entered into it because of "the oil companies, Israel, Halliburton." Weren't former Sen. Hollings and Moore making the same point -- that Israel exerts undue influence over America's politicians, forcing America into a war for Israel's national security, rather than our own? When Hollings says it, the ADL denounced it as a slur. But when Moore -- represented by a powerful Jewish agent -- says the same thing, nothing.

And what about the entertainment industry's acceptance of Revs. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, despite their anti-Semitic remarks? Jackson, of course, called Jews "Hymie," and New York City "Hymietown" -- while sober -- and initially denied making the slurs. Jackson's friend, the anti-Semitic Minister Louis Farrakhan, threatened the life of the reporter who "outed" Jackson, and publicly warned Jews not to harm Jackson. Despite pleas to do so, Jackson to this day refuses to condemn Farrakhan, a man who once called Judaism a "gutter religion." CNN later awarded Jackson a television show called "Both Sides with Jesse Jackson." Not bad.

Sharpton referred to Jews as "diamond merchants" during an uprising in the Crown Heights area of New York, and said, "If the Jews want to get it on, tell them to pin their yarmulkes back and come over to my house." William Morris, one of Hollywood's most powerful agencies, began representing Sharpton in 2004, and almost immediately landed him a hosting gig for a cable network reality show called "I Hate My Job." TV One now airs Sharpton's show "Sharp Talk," and some Hollywood trade papers recently reported on plans for Sharpton to play himself in a CBS sitcom called "Al in the Family."

Gibson's father deserves denunciation as a Holocaust-denier. But what about Holocaust trivializers?

Actor David Clennon, star of CBS's "The Agency," in condemning President Bush and his administration, said, " . . . I'm not comparing Bush to Adolf Hitler -- because George Bush, for one thing, is not as smart as Adolf Hitler. And secondly, George Bush has much more power than Adolf Hitler ever had." So Clennon compares Bush to a man who slaughtered 6 million Jews and 5 million others, and sparked a war that led to worldwide casualties estimated at over 50 million! No outcry.

And what about Hollywood's anti-Christian and anti-Catholic fare? Media Research Center's Brent Bozell quotes "Da Vinci Code" actor Ian McKellen, who accused the Catholic Church of "misleading us all this time." McKellen also said, "the Bible should have a disclaimer in the front saying this is fiction." Citing many examples, Bozell asks what about Comedy Central's "Merry F*ing Christmas" special, that called the Christmas story "bull[bleep]"? Or the "Rescue Me" character who has visions of Jesus and Mary Magdalene, including one of himself having sex with Mary Magdalene, when Jesus catches him and tries to kill him with a shotgun? Bozell finds the very same people castigating Gibson missing-in-action while Hollywood ridicules Christians. "The examples of anti-Christian, anti-Catholic bigotry in Hollywood are seemingly endless," writes Bozell. "Each and every one is uglier, more mean-spirited than anything Mel Gibson said."

Moral to the story? Hollywood hates anti-Semitism -- that is, if you're white, male, Christian and conservative. But when it comes to anti-Christian put-downs and black anti-Semitism, Hollywood gives two thumbs up.
Link (http://www.townhall.com/Columnists/LarryElder/2006/08/10/hey,_hollywood,_what_about_liberal_anti-semitism)

BigBadBrian
08-10-2006, 11:01 AM
Think what you want about Mel Gibson, I don't really give a damn. What he said was disgusting.

However, the actions of these liberal, over-paid morons is also astounding.

LoungeMachine
08-10-2006, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Think what you want about Mel Gibson, I don't really give a damn. What he said was disgusting.

However, the actions of these liberal, over-paid morons is also astounding.

Over-paid?

In a free-market capitalist society, there is no such thing.

Why do you hate America, Brie?

You a Commie now? ;)

It's what the market will bear. And when you go see "Passion of The Christ" for the 12th time, and buy your cross nail jewelry, you become part of it.

:D

DEMON CUNT
08-10-2006, 08:33 PM
SPAM!

Didn't BigBland (R - Liar) pledge to stop posting these gay OP-ED pieces?

http://www.spinstartshere.com/ButtfuckedBoyd.jpg

Seshmeister
08-10-2006, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Hey, Hollywood, what about liberal anti-Semitism?

Assume, for the sake of argument, that Mel Gibson's drunken anti-Semitic tirade makes him an unrequited, unrepentant Jew-hater.

Barbara Walters, co-host of the "The View," denounced Gibson. The woman who once called brutal dictator Fidel Castro "sexy" announced that she refuses to see another Mel Gibson film. One powerful, well-known Hollywood agent urged Hollywood to "shun" Gibson. A major producer, in an anti-Gibson paid newspaper ad, said, "When I was making movies, there was something called a 'morals' clause in actors [sic] contracts. Doesn't that still exist?" One rabbi told me that Gibson's rant -- that "Jews cause all the wars" -- appears to have been "thought out."

Actor-director Mel Gibson laughs during a news conference in Seattle, Wash., in this Thursday, May 18, 1995 file photo. (AP Photo/Dave Weaver) Thought out?

Do Gibson's critics truly believe that a sober Gibson thinks "Jews cause all wars"? All of them? Remember, Gibson starred and directed "Braveheart," an Oscar-winning film about a war between the Scots and the British. Does a sober Mel Gibson believe that Jews caused that one? What about America's Revolutionary War? Or England's Civil War, or America's War Between the States, or the Peloponnesian War, or . . . ?

The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) denounced former Sen. Fritz Hollings, D-S.C., who opposed the Iraq war. Hollings blamed the war on Israel, stating, "With Iraq no threat, why invade a sovereign country? The answer: President Bush's policy to secure Israel. . . . [S]preading democracy in the Mideast to secure Israel would take the Jewish vote from the Democrats." The ADL's Abraham Foxman said, "This is reminiscent of age-old, anti-Semitic canards about a Jewish conspiracy to control and manipulate government."

Tell me, Hollywood, why does "documentarian" Michael Moore get a pass? Moore, speaking to an audience in Liverpool, England, denounced the war in Iraq, arguing that America entered into it because of "the oil companies, Israel, Halliburton." Weren't former Sen. Hollings and Moore making the same point -- that Israel exerts undue influence over America's politicians, forcing America into a war for Israel's national security, rather than our own? When Hollings says it, the ADL denounced it as a slur. But when Moore -- represented by a powerful Jewish agent -- says the same thing, nothing.

And what about the entertainment industry's acceptance of Revs. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, despite their anti-Semitic remarks? Jackson, of course, called Jews "Hymie," and New York City "Hymietown" -- while sober -- and initially denied making the slurs. Jackson's friend, the anti-Semitic Minister Louis Farrakhan, threatened the life of the reporter who "outed" Jackson, and publicly warned Jews not to harm Jackson. Despite pleas to do so, Jackson to this day refuses to condemn Farrakhan, a man who once called Judaism a "gutter religion." CNN later awarded Jackson a television show called "Both Sides with Jesse Jackson." Not bad.

Sharpton referred to Jews as "diamond merchants" during an uprising in the Crown Heights area of New York, and said, "If the Jews want to get it on, tell them to pin their yarmulkes back and come over to my house." William Morris, one of Hollywood's most powerful agencies, began representing Sharpton in 2004, and almost immediately landed him a hosting gig for a cable network reality show called "I Hate My Job." TV One now airs Sharpton's show "Sharp Talk," and some Hollywood trade papers recently reported on plans for Sharpton to play himself in a CBS sitcom called "Al in the Family."

Gibson's father deserves denunciation as a Holocaust-denier. But what about Holocaust trivializers?

Actor David Clennon, star of CBS's "The Agency," in condemning President Bush and his administration, said, " . . . I'm not comparing Bush to Adolf Hitler -- because George Bush, for one thing, is not as smart as Adolf Hitler. And secondly, George Bush has much more power than Adolf Hitler ever had." So Clennon compares Bush to a man who slaughtered 6 million Jews and 5 million others, and sparked a war that led to worldwide casualties estimated at over 50 million! No outcry.

And what about Hollywood's anti-Christian and anti-Catholic fare? Media Research Center's Brent Bozell quotes "Da Vinci Code" actor Ian McKellen, who accused the Catholic Church of "misleading us all this time." McKellen also said, "the Bible should have a disclaimer in the front saying this is fiction." Citing many examples, Bozell asks what about Comedy Central's "Merry F*ing Christmas" special, that called the Christmas story "bull[bleep]"? Or the "Rescue Me" character who has visions of Jesus and Mary Magdalene, including one of himself having sex with Mary Magdalene, when Jesus catches him and tries to kill him with a shotgun? Bozell finds the very same people castigating Gibson missing-in-action while Hollywood ridicules Christians. "The examples of anti-Christian, anti-Catholic bigotry in Hollywood are seemingly endless," writes Bozell. "Each and every one is uglier, more mean-spirited than anything Mel Gibson said."

Moral to the story? Hollywood hates anti-Semitism -- that is, if you're white, male, Christian and conservative. But when it comes to anti-Christian put-downs and black anti-Semitism, Hollywood gives two thumbs up.
Link (http://www.townhall.com/Columnists/LarryElder/2006/08/10/hey,_hollywood,_what_about_liberal_anti-semitism)

This has to be one of the most stupid posts I've ever seen and I've seen some dumb ones over the years.

Jesus.

1) Maybe Castro is physically sexy I can't comment.

2) Melvyn Gibstein had the equivalent of what less than 4 beers in his system.

3) "Remember, Gibson starred and directed "Braveheart," an Oscar-winning film about a war between the Scots and the British. Does a sober Mel Gibson believe that Jews caused that one?"

This is just so fucking stupid it beggars belief. How in the name of cunt could he have made a film about Scotland v Britain when Britain didn't exist until 400 years later when it became Britain rather than England because Scotland was unified with England?

The mildly drunk Gibstein makes a film years ago that proves he is talking shit so that means he isn't talking shit?

4) Hitler was smarter than Bush but I think an even worse person. So what? He was a vegitarian dog lover too, what's your point caller?

5) THe last paragraph isn't even an argument one way or the other. An actor says the bible is fiction so fucking what?

BBB I think it would be better if you just posted what you think rather than these cut and paste jobs because they are dumber than anything you could come up with.

Cheers!

:gulp:

Nickdfresh
08-12-2006, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister

BBB I think it would be better if you just posted what you think rather than these cut and paste jobs because they are dumber than anything you could come up with.

Cheers!

A-fucking-men! Perhaps Brain lacks confidence in his ability to post his own mind-numbing crap.

But this post hits a new low in the op-ed crap...

Funny how the extreme right keeps defending Gibson because he once made an absurd film about Jesus...

BigBadBrian
08-12-2006, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
A-fucking-men! Perhaps Brain lacks confidence in his ability to post his own mind-numbing crap.

But this post hits a new low in the op-ed crap...

Funny how the extreme right keeps defending Gibson because he once made an absurd film about Jesus...

It got you libs spinning...it did its job.

BTW - I assume you approve of the hypocrites mentioned in this articla and the anti-Semitism they spew?

Hmm?

BigBadBrian
08-12-2006, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Over-paid?

In a free-market capitalist society, there is no such thing.

True enough, but we have plenty of liberal whiners in here always bitching about the salary of corporation Chief Executive Officers.

Wouldn't that fall under the same "free-market capitalist society" ideal?

BigBadBrian
08-12-2006, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister

Cheers!

Sesh, in the future, please post only when you're not drunk.

On second thought, we'd probably never hear from you again.

Carry on.

:)

PlexiBrown
08-12-2006, 07:02 AM
The Bible is mostly fiction. Have you ever read the whole thing? It is not the word of God. It is the word of man. Same thing applies to other so called religous books. Organized religions and politics are the cause of most of the problems on the earth and have been for a long time!

Check out "Conversations With God" by Neale Donald Walsh. After reading it, you probably won't look at religion the same way again. Check it out here

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&isbn=0399153292&itm=6

It is amazing what religions have gotten away with over the centuries and even worse, the amount of people they have suckered into following them and believing the total bullshit they dish out. The biggest scammers of all time!!

BigBadBrian
08-12-2006, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by PlexiBrown
The Bible is mostly fiction. ....

..... The biggest scammers of all time!!

Alrighty then....

We'll just put you in the "Dumbass Intolerant Liberal" category.

Peace.

:)