PDA

View Full Version : Another New Maiden Tune

Tiki-Tom
08-10-2006, 06:30 PM
All I can say is...They're baaaccckkkk!

http://www.ironmaiden.com/article.php?section=1&subsection=1&article_type=&article_id=1343

"The opening track on MAIDEN's upcoming album "A Matter of Life and Death", "Different World" is the shortest song on the CD at a mere four minutes.

"It wasn't intentional when we sat down and wrote it, but as soon as it was finished we thought 'THIN LIZZY!'" bassist Steve Harris told Kerrang! magazine. "It's a tribute to them, in a way. Obviously it sounds like MAIDEN, but it just conjured up that THIN LIZZY vibe."

As previously reported, MAIDEN has contributed "Different World", to the Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam video game. The title is the first downhill skateboard racing game based on the wildly popular Tony Hawk franchise and will be released by Activision in the fall for the Wii, Nintendo DS, and Game Boy Advance.

North American residents can pre-order the new IRON MAIDEN CD, "A Matter of Life and Death", as a CD or iPod-friendly digital download for only $9.99 — or $14.99 with a limited-edition t-shirt. Fans purchasing the release will also be able to buy tickets to the band's upcoming October U.S. tour run in advance of the general public on-sale date of August 12."

Love it, but can't make the Thin Lizzy connection.

Tiki-Tom
08-10-2006, 06:39 PM
I listened again...I guess I do hear a hint of Lizzy in there.

mako_kimura
08-10-2006, 10:15 PM
It's got kind of an 80's vibe, what with the chorus. I really liked it. Sounds like the new album has quite a bit of hope

binnie
08-11-2006, 09:28 AM
I really like that - less frills than on the last two records.

That pre-chorus where Bruce drops his voice is kinda cool, not what I was expecting.

the Thin Lizzy connection isn't that apparent outside the duel harmony work.

But, I can't wait for that record, Aug 28th over here.

Tiki-Tom
08-11-2006, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by binnie

But, I can't wait for that record, Aug 28th over here.

No fair !!!:p

Hope its as promising as it sounds so far. They have my expectations up for the first time in ages.