PDA

View Full Version : But seriously...

DR CHIP
08-10-2006, 11:12 PM
I love the American spirit and the ability for all of us to have completely different viewpoints, but yet still be Americans. Yes, I realize that many Americans want to mold others into their own image (liberal and conservative alike), but honest dialogue not proselytism is what America is all about.

BUT, there are times when we need to put aside differing opinions and unite on the things that make America great and together make sure that our children and their children HAVE an America. Now is a time like this....

Ladies and gentleman, we are in a war against radical Islamic fundamentalism and being passive and hoping we can all talk about it and hold hands while singing Kum-by-ya just doesn't cut it. If today's events don't make you realize we are in a war then you are naive.

We better wake up. We better make sure that we are prepared, but sadly we are not. Our media has convinced us that taking the war to the terrorists is misguided, that we can honestly let the corrupt UN work on peaceful solutions, and that if we just get out of the Middle East all things will work out. You are living in a fantasy world if you believe this. You are living in the world of those who let Hitler rise to power and then wondered how he was able to do what he did. The radical Islamic fundamentalists want to control the world - your world.

I completely understand having government cynisism and questioning everything, but this is beyond questioning. Folks, we better wake up or one day we are going to get out of bed and the United States will no longer be the United States - I for one will do everything within my power to fight for freedom.

Don't say the Doc didn't tell you so........

Peace

Seshmeister
08-10-2006, 11:46 PM
Is the UN more corrupt and fucked up than the US or UK governments?

Does taking the war to the terrorists just create more terrorists?

LoungeMachine
08-11-2006, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by DR CHIP

Ladies and gentleman, we are in a war against radical Islamic fundamentalism

Really Sean?

What evidence do you have to support this?

Who is "we"

Define your "war"

Aren't you basically saying the SAME thing THEY are?

Note for Note, no less.

"Our" "war" is against those who trample upon our Constitutional Rights right here at home, first .

Well done, Mr. DittoHead :rolleyes:

diamondD
08-11-2006, 06:57 AM
Just go ahead and start waving your white flag now Lounge. ;)

LoungeMachine
08-11-2006, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by diamondD
Just go ahead and start waving your white flag now Lounge. ;)

No shit.

The Bill of Rights means nothing to this admin.

:(

knuckleboner
08-11-2006, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
Does taking the war to the terrorists just create more terrorists?

sesh is right.

when we attack people in iraq, are we pissing off other people who have their opinion that the U.S. is out for domination reinforced?

it's a fine line, mind you. i think afghanistan was a legit war.

but, dr. chip, i don't think it's such a clear line that our actions should still not be up for debate.