PDA

View Full Version : 1st Bush breakout run

VAN HLN CA
08-12-2006, 08:47 PM
Wow, this is gonna make for some new winning ways for Saints. That was beauty!

today NFL is coming out of the cave....Culpepper in Miami has the missing piece filled for them to contend.

A new stadium and heart should make for a Cardinal emmergence.

Another balanced season ahead with no safe bets for SB.

POJO_Risin
08-12-2006, 08:49 PM
I didn't see it...I was busy watching DeAngelo Williams running around the Bills like Jim Brown (mostly on outlet passes that is)...but man...that kid can explode...

VAN HLN CA
08-12-2006, 09:02 PM
try the NFLNET station. It's bouncing all live games so your seeing it all unfold. Called 'No Huddle' been on all afternoon from Card/Steelers through to Pack/Bolts runs till 1AM EST looks like its only in HD.

If this is on every week well see the best plays in a great format, perfect if your wating to see 5 games at a time.

ALinChainz
08-12-2006, 11:15 PM
I'm seeing it, NFL Network.

I would NOT go as far as calling it "Barry-like", he reversed field and used some wheels and had a damn good game.

VAN HLN CA
08-13-2006, 01:09 AM
Shit looks like Favre is gonna die a Marino death by pushing it 1 season too far. Hes benched for Aaron Rodgers by week 3 or Injured before.
Love both Favre & Marino but hated seeing 13 go out that way. At least Brett got a ring if he dies painfully.

Charger QB circus seems like its finally a hit in Rivers. Never liked Brees, teams cant throw away 3 years to develop anymore. He never had the heart of raw leadership. How many QB's have filtered through S.D. in last decade? Vick/Manning>Leaf/Brees

Va Beach VH Fan
08-13-2006, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by ALinChainz
I'm seeing it, NFL Network.

I would NOT go as far as calling it "Barry-like", he reversed field and used some wheels and had a damn good game.

Concur....

He looks good though....

I also see that Vince Young got a big scare, he's OK though, just a sprained ankle....

EbDawson
08-13-2006, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by van hln CA
Charger QB circus seems like its finally a hit in Rivers. Never liked Brees, teams cant throw away 3 years to develop anymore. He never had the heart of raw leadership. How many QB's have filtered through S.D. in last decade? Vick/Manning>Leaf/Brees

Vick? Manning? They didn't play in SD. Eli was a charger only on paper for a few minutes. Brees was run out of town here. But at the end of the day it's a business. Now all Rivers has to do is take them to a playoff win. Whens the last time Schmuckenheimer's won one?

ALinChainz
08-13-2006, 12:08 PM
I like Rivers. A coach's kid, and nice quick release and pretty good size.

The thing about the Chargers is that besides Gates, no receivers. McCardell's best years are long gone. Boston screwed them, he could have been a monster with his head on straight.

They have a fairly solid defense now, they need to shore up that OL and get some receivers that make the defenses adjust and take notice.

The Chargers aren't far away in my opinion.

ALinChainz
08-13-2006, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
Concur....

He looks good though....

I also see that Vince Young got a big scare, he's OK though, just a sprained ankle....

The breeze that came from the South was the collective sigh of relief in Titan Town.

ALinChainz
08-13-2006, 12:13 PM
And were I the Saints and rebuilding, I would now turn my attention to that OL.

Brees is going to need protection, but I don't see him around in 2 years time. His deal calls for a monster roster bonus next season and a QB of the future is going to have to be groomed sooner than later.

Bush is going to need blockers. I would put everything else on hold until I had monsters up front.

POJO_Risin
08-13-2006, 05:32 PM
Brees...he's a good qb...no real arm strength...but anyone that says he's not a general on the field doesn't know football. He's very similar to Flutie in that he can generate plays...not so much with his feet, but certainly with his savvy.

He is a lot like Pennington...

and perhaps...now...more like him than he wants.

It's amazing to me that NO would shell out the cash for him.

I still think there was a bunch more to the Bush deal than meets the eye. I find it intensely odd that NO...who many had Leinart locked...or Young...

ends up spending to much on Brees...when they were taking a QB in the draft...

THEN...

ends up with Bush to boot...

very strange.

They need a better line...but it's not horrible...

but I agree...

their D isn't bad...and they could be good.

I still think people are overlooking Deuce as well...

that 1-2 punch could be incredible...

and if they are in the same backfield...with Horn and Stallworth...

and that TE of theirs...

WHO DO YOU FUCKING COVER IN A PASSING SITUATION?

Va Beach VH Fan
08-13-2006, 05:36 PM
Doubleteam Horn....

Stallworth has arguably been a bust ever since he came out of college....

POJO_Risin
08-13-2006, 05:54 PM
Double Horn...

and you have Bush and McCallister both coming out of the backfield...with one less safety-valve...

and has Stallworth been a bust?...or has Aaron Brooks been a bust?

VAN HLN CA
08-13-2006, 07:26 PM
Brees is capable now from the years SD gave him to gain his expreience. The first couple seasons he was far from being any franchise QB but they were in transition, learning from Flutie was great for him but until 04 season playoff run didnt show consistancy. Last year you knew Rivers was where they were heading before any trade. The fact they drafted him was another Brees cloud to weather. They only really gave him true reins for 2 seasons so sure he might be great elsewwhere.

The thing about the Chargers is they are the only team in SoCal right now and the locals are primarily bandwagon fans which are intolerable. I have never liked them but while I was living there a few years back was going to try and start fresh when they had the chance to land Vick. Was excited to see him evolve and said Fuck It season seats, try and go with it.
Day before they announced they were going to pass on this one. So so did I on my seats, turned out there was a high percentage of cancelations after another annual Charger Fumble.
Shottenheimer was wrong choice for them because hes never got his teams over the hump has he?
Every year since they stole Miami's SuperBowl spot has been in a downward spiral and the QB point was to point out thaey are always the team in draft day drivers seat from BadMoves. In all fairness Brees should bear no comparison to Leaf fiasco, was trying to illustrate the QB's rvolvolving in or by. Manning refusing to play for them was the perfect way to sum it up.

Grew up with the Rams and when they abondoned ship left LA NFL-free-hope for a new team in LA by 08 season.

Va Beach VH Fan
08-13-2006, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
Double Horn...

and you have Bush and McCallister both coming out of the backfield...with one less safety-valve...

and has Stallworth been a bust?...or has Aaron Brooks been a bust?

OK, I'll clarify...

Stallworth, Mccallister, and Brooks have been busts.... ;)

POJO_Risin
08-13-2006, 08:59 PM
McCallister?...

because of an injury...when he still will be good...

and was more than good beforehand...

I more question their shitty line...and shitty coaching than anything else...

but calling McCallister a bust just isn't correct...especially when you consider he was a late first round pick...

lmfao...

He's been a starter 4 of his 5 years...only played 5 games last year...

and has 4500 yards rushing, and 1500 receiving...

bust indeed...

;)

Va Beach VH Fan
08-13-2006, 09:12 PM
He's had the one good year a couple of years ago, what was it, around 1600 yards or so....

I don't know, he just has never impressed me that much....

The question is now, is he out of a job ??

POJO_Risin
08-13-2006, 09:31 PM
He had 1300 in his first year as a starter...

1600 that year...

and 1,000 2 years ago...with no line...and hurt most of the time...

POJO_Risin
08-13-2006, 09:33 PM
No doubt, he is SHARING the job...

you can't sit a guy making that kind of money...

they just signed him to a huge deal...

you'll see them sharing the backfield...I'm sure...

with Bush motioning to the slot...on occasion...

redblkwht
08-13-2006, 11:01 PM
I think hes gonna be fragile IMO..

Id bet the house Lendale has a better career..just my opinion.

EbDawson
08-14-2006, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by redblkwht

Id bet the house Lendale has a better career..just my opinion.

As long as he keeps his spitting to a minimum.