PDA

View Full Version : Tom Cruise: Crazy all these years.....

Matt White
08-15-2006, 02:53 PM
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.tmz.com/media/2006/08/cruise4.jpg
http://www.tmz.com/2006/08/15/top-stories-for-08-15-06

Posted Aug 15th 2006 8:49AM by TMZ Staff
Filed under: Tom and Katie, Features, Let's Get This Party Started

Though the general public is now fully privy to Tom Cruise's penchant for bizarre behavior, the late baseball great Joe DiMaggio may have been one of the first to know.

A report this morning suggests that the actor followed Joltin' Joe all over the place, spooking him and nearly prompting him to call the cops.

In the mid-'90s, when Cruise had already ascended to the top of the Tinseltown heap, he would, according to a source cited by Rush & Molloy, show up unbidden at baseball-signing shows and wait for DiMaggio to appear, and even waited outside a restaurant for him once for three hours. But the famous Yankee once married to Marilyn Monroe wasn't impressed, and instead, according to the source, referred to Cruise as "a short little guy" who scared him a little. "This guy is following me around everywhere I go," said DiMaggio to R&M's source. "Next time, I'm going to call the cops."

Cruise's reps didn't respond to the story, and it's perfectly possible that Tom was trying to get DiMaggio's story made into a film: The "Mission: Impossible" star and father of Suri has been known to go to great lengths to get projects made, like showing up on a motorcycle in the middle of the night at director JJ Abrams' house to convince him to direct "M:I-3."

He's a.....FAR OUT SPACE NUT

binnie
08-15-2006, 03:54 PM
Anyone noticed that Cruise has spent most of his career making exactly the same film?

Allow me to illustrate.

TOP GUN: He's a fighter pilot, pretty good fighter pilot, then he has a crisis of confidence, meets a pretty girl, and becomes a better fighter pilot.

DAYS OF THUNDER: He's a race car driver, pretty good race car driver, then he has a crisis of confidence, meets a pretty girl, and becomes a better race car driver.

JERRY MAGUIRE: He's a sports agent, pretty good sports agent, then he has a crisis of confidence, meets a pretty girl, and becomes a better sports agent.

A FEW GOOD MEN: He's a lawyer, pretty good lawyer, then he has a crisis of confidence, meets a pretty girl, and becomes a better lawyer.

Etc etc.....

m_dixon1984
08-15-2006, 04:01 PM
He's a scientologist, a pretty good scientologist, then he has a crisis of confidence (leaves Nicole), meets a pretty girl (Katie), and becomes the ultimate nut-job scientologist.

Gee it works for other parts of his life too.

M

DlocRoth
08-15-2006, 05:39 PM
I do know this......

Tom Cruise MUST run down a street in every film he does.

Look it up. ;)

CROWBAR
08-16-2006, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by binnie
Anyone noticed that Cruise has spent most of his career making exactly the same film?

Allow me to illustrate.

TOP GUN: He's a fighter pilot, pretty good fighter pilot, then he has a crisis of confidence, meets a pretty girl, and becomes a better fighter pilot.

DAYS OF THUNDER: He's a race car driver, pretty good race car driver, then he has a crisis of confidence, meets a pretty girl, and becomes a better race car driver.

JERRY MAGUIRE: He's a sports agent, pretty good sports agent, then he has a crisis of confidence, meets a pretty girl, and becomes a better sports agent.

A FEW GOOD MEN: He's a lawyer, pretty good lawyer, then he has a crisis of confidence, meets a pretty girl, and becomes a better lawyer.

Etc etc.....

yep! Same thing every movie he's ever made. An actor? Ha!:rolleyes:

binnie
08-16-2006, 03:15 PM
Although when he tries, he can put on a decent performnce - Magnolia?

He was even quite good in Vanilla Sky (although it was piece of shit remake of a great Spanish film)

Seems to me that Holywood has that Cruise formula and uses it to make the big bucks.

BITEYOASS
08-16-2006, 08:30 PM
You know he was the reason for the round limiting device on the M61 vulcan cannon. No BS our Aviation Ordnance instructor told us when they were shooting the clips of the so-called Mig-28 gun's firing, they had Tom fire the trigger, now your only suppose to for a second or less (this is back in the day when more things were done manually and on a pilot's instinct) but dumbfuck Tom got nervous and fired all 2000 rounds, warping all 6 barrels in the process. Another story I heard from someone who's dad was and officer in the navy while they were shooting film on the carrier deck saw cruise in an officers uniform walking like an idiot, cruise expected a salute, but the officer said "I am not saluting no shitbag actor." Anyway, that's all I have for now! :D

binnie
08-17-2006, 04:04 AM
Biteyoass those stories are fantastic!

BITEYOASS
08-17-2006, 10:32 AM
Of course those stories aren't as fun as all the stuff I did on liberty in the USMC pre-9/11. Those were the days! :D