PDA

View Full Version : "Worst" of KISS

Mr. Vengeance
08-16-2006, 04:17 PM
I can't wait to see the wide range of answers on ths one. First all, because KISS is loved by many and hated by many. Secondly because there are so many eras of KISS, where their sound changed. Thirdly because they have a lot of albums. I don't know whether to include the four solo albums....What the hell- go for it.

This is tough......It would be a tossup between Peter's solo album and The Elder...I kinda like some of The Elder so I'm going to say Peter Criss. I really hated that album.

DrMaddVibe
08-16-2006, 07:06 PM
Lick It Up, Animalize, Hot In The Shade...sure they all had that one song, but overall they just didn't rate.

The Elder to me was Kiss being Pink Floyd. It was supposed to be a soundtrack to a movie that never saw the light of day. "Under The Rose", "Dark Light" and "I"...stellar!

The_KiD
08-16-2006, 07:43 PM
I would have to say "Dynasty" and "The Elder" where the end for me. I stop listening and buying KiSS records at that point and got into different things. "Dynasty" was just too disco and "The Elder" was just nonsense to me. I remember giving "The Elder" a first listen and thinking what the fuck is this..

KiD

Mr Badguy
08-16-2006, 07:50 PM
To be fair I`m not going to include anything from the MTV unplugged reunion onward as Kiss stopped being a forward looking band.

"Crazy nights" - I can`t stand the horrible production on that album. And if I never hear Paul Stanley`s histrionic "I`ll fight hell to hold you" again, it`ll be too soon.

Satan
08-16-2006, 07:50 PM
Worst of Kiss - Dynasty and everything after.

Fairwrning
08-16-2006, 07:53 PM
"Let's put the x in sex"

WTF WAS THAT SHIT!!??

Mr. Vengeance
08-16-2006, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Fairwrning
"Let's put the x in sex"

WTF WAS THAT SHIT!!??

I thought it was funny that the people who owned the building they used in the video had a shit fit when they saw what KISS did with their sacred building!

Unchainme
08-16-2006, 08:53 PM
The thing is, Dynasty only had ONE disco song on it, and that completely ruined the record. Sadly, there were auctually some good tunes on theres.

Oh and the worst Solo Record was Paul Stanley, The Best? The Man From Space, ACE MOTHERFUCKING FREHLEY!

Anything after Creatures of The Night, is not worth listening to IMO.

PumpedUpMidget
08-16-2006, 08:55 PM
Didn't mind Dynasty, anything after that (with the exception of Domino)

Mr. Vengeance
08-16-2006, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme
The thing is, Dynasty only had ONE disco song on it, and that completely ruined the record. Sadly, there were auctually some good tunes on theres.

Oh and the worst Solo Record was Paul Stanley, The Best? The Man From Space, ACE MOTHERFUCKING FREHLEY!

Anything after Creatures of The Night, is not worth listening to IMO.

Paul's was my second fave, after Ace. Gene's was pretty bad, but not as bad as Peter.

Terry
08-16-2006, 09:24 PM
Dynasty is decent.

Unmasked is bearable, if forgettable.

The Elder has a bit of a so-bad-it's-good charm.

Creatures Of The Night was solid.

Lick It Up and Animalize I can semi-tolerate.

Asylum, Crazy Nights and Hot In The Shade were the absolute bottom of the barrel for KISS on record. Part of why Revenge sounded so good was because it followed a half decade of utter shite.

Am I the only one who liked Peter Criss's 1978 solo album? Not as good as Ace and Gene's, but way better than pickle-puffin' Paul's.

Thought Psycho Circus was so lame that it made me wonder why KISS even bothered.

PumpedUpMidget
08-16-2006, 09:26 PM
Peter's solo album was not bad, Paul's was the worst.....Happened to catch the VH1 rock honors thing the other night and saw Zombie singing 'God of Thunder' with Ace on guitar, thought it was pretty fucking awesome

Va Beach VH Fan
08-16-2006, 09:39 PM
It's gotta be "I Was Made For Loving You", that was the bottom for me....

I can remember being in clubs when it came out, and being literally embarassed to be a KISS fan....

Ironically, it is during that song that my son and I are in the "Rock The Nation" 2004 tour DVD....

If any of you have that DVD, Paul comes out hanging on the pulley to the small stage, which was right behind us...

He yells "make some noise !!", and the very next shot, the young boy yelling directly into the camera is my son.... I'm the one propping him up on the seat armrests below....

Mr Badguy
08-17-2006, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by Unchainme
Oh and the worst Solo Record was Paul Stanley.

You betcha.

I don`t know why so many people pick that as their favourite of the solo albums, it`s rubbish.

Peter Criss`s record has some brilliant songs on it but you do get some Kiss fans who can`t get in to the fact that Peter gave them something different while Paul served them up the same old dumbed down, cliched crap.

Listen to "Hold me, touch me" then "I can`t stop the rain" and then tell me what is the cheesiest.

binnie
08-17-2006, 03:44 AM
Worst of Kiss?

The Elder - I hate that record....

VAN HLN CA
08-17-2006, 04:39 AM
Two tunes i cant hear without button busting are Crazy Nights but God gave RnR 2 You is by far the worst.

When Paul does the cheesy talkin its just wrong.

Matt White
08-17-2006, 08:19 AM
ANYTHING after LOVE GUN.....

Vinnie Velvet
08-17-2006, 09:57 AM
WORST of KISS?

Albums:

Paul Stanley solo
Gene Simmons solo
Unmasked (some potential -- but a poppy production runied this album)
Animalize (the beginning of utter gayness)
Asylum (shit)
Crazy Nights (shit -- although I did like Reason to Live, mostly because chicks dug it).
Hot in the Shade (the pinnacle of KISS shit)

Its easy for people to say that Peter's solo album and the Elder are KISS' worst.

I totally disagree.

They are so far removed from actually sounding like KISS albums that make them far more interesting than most of the shit non-makeup albums.

The Elder has several very cool songs:

Dark Light
Under the Rose
A World Without Heroes
The Oath
Only You
Escape from the Island
I

binnie
08-17-2006, 12:15 PM
Actaully, Hot in the Shade would be up there as well....

ace diamond
08-17-2006, 05:21 PM
KILLERS

ODShowtime
08-17-2006, 10:09 PM
Pretty much the whole 80s. I don't even want to know how bad some of the deep album cuts were.

even the album covers sucked

ace diamond
08-21-2006, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
Pretty much the whole 80s. I don't even want to know how bad some of the deep album cuts were.

even the album covers sucked

Dude, you are forgetting the one 80's kiss album and cover that not suck
1982's CREATURES OF THE NIGHT

Mr. Vengeance
08-21-2006, 04:24 PM
Oh they didn't all suck. None sucked. Lick it Up was good. Animalize, Asylum, Crazy Nights, even Hot in the Shade had good tunes on them. Really, Creatures was one of my lesser faves from the 80's.

binnie
08-22-2006, 03:55 AM
Lick it Up was good, wuld have been even better if they'd cut one or tow tracks off it.....