PDA

View Full Version : Jon Benet Ramsey murderer caught

Steve Savicki
08-16-2006, 06:07 PM
http://amw.com/captures/brief.cfm?id=40146

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060816/ap_on_re_us/jonbenet_ramsey

I guess it wasn't Jon and Patsy after all.

sadaist
08-16-2006, 06:17 PM
Alleged murderer.

Ally_Kat
08-16-2006, 06:35 PM
KILLER CAPTURED?

WASHINGTON (1010 WINS) -- A man suspected in the slaying of 6-year-old beauty queen JonBenet Ramsey nearly a decade ago was arrested Wednesday in Thailand, the district attorney said in the long-awaited breakthrough in one of the nation's most lurid unsolved murder cases.

District Attorney Mary Lacey said the arrest followed several months of work. She disclosed no details about the suspect before a news conference scheduled for Thursday.

CBS reported that he is a 41-year-old second-grade teacher and will be brought back to the United States this weekend. Federal officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the man was already being held in Bangkok on unrelated sex charges.

Ramsey family attorney Lin Wood said in Atlanta that the arrest was vindication for JonBenet's parents, John and Patsy Ramsey, who came under suspicion in the slaying.

Wood said the Ramseys learned about the suspect a least a month before Patsy Ramsey's death June 24 after a long battle with ovarian cancer.

``It's been a very long 10 years, and I'm just sorry Patsy isn't here for me to hug her neck,'' the attorney said.

Wood said that he had been told that the suspect once lived in Conyers, Ga., outside of Atlanta. He would not comment on whether the Ramseys knew him, and he said he knew nothing else about the man. The Ramseys lived in Georgia up until 1991; they moved back to Atlanta after their daughter's death.

JonBenet was found beaten and strangled in the basement of the family's home in Boulder on Dec. 26, 1996. Patsy Ramsey reported finding a ransom note demanding $118,000 for her daughter.

The image of blonde-haired little JonBenet in child beauty contests has haunted TV talk shows for years afterward, helping feed myriad theories about her killer.

Investigators said at one point that JonBenet's parents were under an ``umbrella of suspicion'' in the slaying. But the Ramseys insisted an intruder killed their daughter, and no one was ever charged.

In the months after the slaying, Patsy Ramsey went before the cameras, vigorously defending herself and her husband, chastising the media and blasting local law enforcement as incompetent.

In a statement Wednesday, John Ramsey said: ``Patsy was aware that authorities were close to making an arrest in the case and had she lived to see this day, would no doubt have been as pleased as I am with today's development almost 10 years after our daughter's murder.''

In 2003, a federal judge in Atlanta concluded that the evidence she reviewed suggested an intruder killed JonBenet. That opinion came with the judge's decision to dismiss a libel and slander lawsuit against the Ramseys by a freelance journalist, whom the Ramseys had named as a suspect in their daughter's murder. The Boulder district attorney at the time said she agreed with the judge's declaration.

Wood said Wednesday's arrest further vindicated his clients.

``I am sure there were still doubts in the minds of individuals whose thinking had been poisoned against this family because of the years of false accusations,'' Wood said.

``Today is additional vindication of the family, but I think that knowledgeable individuals familiar with the evidence in the case have known for many years that this family was falsely accused, that they were innocent and that what they lived through in the last 10 years was an American tragedy.''

Wood said he and the Ramseys ``have been totally amazed and impressed with the professionalism of law enforcement'' under Lacey's direction. Lacey became district attorney in 2001.

Law enforcement officials from Boulder were flying to Bangkok to present Thai authorities with documents in the slaying, officials in Washington said. They asked to remain anonymous pending an announcement in Colorado.

KUSA-TV of Denver, citing no sources, reported that the suspect has confessed to certain elements of the crime.

The_KiD
08-16-2006, 07:49 PM
If he truly is guilty, what a peice of shit..

Anyone who could do that to a child derserves the worst punishment imaginable..

Disgusting..

KiD

Va Beach VH Fan
08-16-2006, 09:50 PM
Bangkok most definitely was right up this guy's alley, if true....

Been there several times, that place is wild....

VAN HLN CA
08-17-2006, 08:31 AM
Well if this is fact I was so wrong thinking mom and Dad were the ones. The note was FBI'd to be Patsey Ramsey!?!?

Shocking twist.
Another fn Westerfield freak

Steve Savicki
08-17-2006, 10:00 AM
It is:

http://www.yahoo.com/s/370593

The killer admits he was in love with her.

Hardrock69
08-17-2006, 01:22 PM
Sez he drugged her and then had sex with her.

That motherfucker deserves WORSE than death.

Death would be too good for this cocksucker.

When he is found gulity, I oughta write a letter to the Colorado Attorney General begging to be allowed to torture his ass.....though I doubt I actually will get around to it.

It is the thought that counts....that goddamnable fuck!!!
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Figs
08-17-2006, 02:08 PM
Said he drugged her, but she had no drugs in her system...
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/jonbenet1.html

Ex-wife also said he was in Alabama when she was killed....
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20060817/D8JI8FBG0.html

Maybe he's a different kind of sicko...

Steve Savicki
08-17-2006, 02:38 PM
At this point, I believe all they will do is match DNA samples from JonBenet to see if they match the suspect's.

Fairwrning
08-17-2006, 05:57 PM
Wow..I am really not sure what to think about this...the guy is a proven pedephile....but did he really do this crime??
How does this case go 10 years as a cold case and suddenly..POW..we have a confession and this guy being paraded around..
Could it be he just wants the media?? Is it possible for someonte to be so sick that they would confess to something like this if they didn't do it??
This is really pretty amazing stuff..

Ally_Kat
08-17-2006, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Fairwrning

Could it be he just wants the media?? Is it possible for someonte to be so sick that they would confess to something like this if they didn't do it??

I don't know how serious they would take it if there was nothing to connect him to it. But we shall see what will happen.

Ally_Kat
08-17-2006, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Figs
Said he drugged her, but she had no drugs in her system...
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/jonbenet1.html

What about chloroform? It breaks up rather quickly, I don't think it shows up on drug tests, and we all have a certain amount of it already within us.

sadaist
08-17-2006, 08:51 PM
Guess what bands cd was in his car?

Buster Hymen and the Youngbloods

jhale667
08-17-2006, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
Sez he drugged her and then had sex with her.

That motherfucker deserves WORSE than death.

Death would be too good for this cocksucker.

When he is found gulity, I oughta write a letter to the Colorado Attorney General begging to be allowed to torture his ass.....though I doubt I actually will get around to it.

It is the thought that counts....that goddamnable fuck!!!
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I agree. I heard on the news this morning he used a TAZER on her too...a tazer on a fucking six-year old....what kind of sick fuck .....? :mad:

Somebody at work today was like "I hope he gets the death penalty"...I told them I thought that would be far too merciful. :anger:

VHdamaco
08-18-2006, 12:33 AM
i still believe that patsy and jon had something to do with it...

the way that whole thing went about at first, theres no way a random guy in fucking BANGKOK takes the hit...

god already smote patsy for helping kill her child...

Vinnie Velvet
08-18-2006, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by sadaist

That's not very funny.

binnie
08-18-2006, 09:20 AM
I saw an interview where he said that her death was an accident. How the fuck do you strangle someone by accident?

Will he be indicted over to the USA for trial?

And if so will it be in a state with the Death Penalty?

I actually don't want him to die - I want him to suffer and live in fear in the Big House for the rest of his life.

And if it turns out that he is a hoaxer, who has claiming to have done something he hasn't, then he deserves and good kicking for putting that girls dad (her mom is dead) through even more hell.....

Hardrock69
08-18-2006, 10:13 AM
I saw something somewhere that he was being charged with some kind of sex crime in Thailand....maybe he is confessing to this crime solely so he will be extradited to the US and won't have to do any jail time in Thailand....like Garry Glitter is doing in Vietnam....

I have to laugh about Gary Glitter.....

binnie
08-18-2006, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69

I have to laugh about Gary Glitter.....

"I'm the leader, I'm the leader, I'm the man who put the bang in gang!"

Makes me laugh too.....

blonddgirl777
08-18-2006, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by VHdamaco

Everything is possible... How would we know for sure?

And speaking of children beauty queens;

I find it very invasive when parents dress-up, make-up and have their young girl "all done up" to look like "Playboy" models... posing, blowing kisses etc...

I have a friend who had a daughter. Her dream was for her to become a ballet dancer and/or a beauty queen. She started to verbally abuse her around age 5, telling her to "tuck-in her stomach", not eat so much carbs., keep her head straight etc... because she would have "no future" and all kinds of B.S...

I told my friend to stop it, to let the child be a child and not to do (or say) anything that would break her self-confidence, to just make sure she doesn't turn into an anorexic etc... etc...

That "friend" wouldn't listen to me (or anyonelse) so I slowly decided to avoid her... now we haven't seen each other for over 4 years.

I hear the little girl is rather chunky now, plays ball in a team and is not interested in all that beauty judging crap...
Good for her!

I just can't stand those "pushy obsessive Moms" (and Dads)...
They always appear to me as being twisted bitches that would do (or say) just about anything to get their ways!

With that said, I got to follow a little bit of the Ramsey's case (living in the States at the time, it was impossible to avoid)... and still I can't make an opinion on those parents.

binnie
08-18-2006, 11:04 AM
Yeah, there is soething a little over-the-top about parents who are too pushy about anything.

Being obsessive about anything isn't conducive to happiness....

Fairwrning
08-18-2006, 11:09 AM
I agree..I don't understand what would motivate a parent to dress up their 5-6 yr old to look like they are 20...let the kid be a kid..I find it a bit disturbing actually..it just isn't natural to put all that makeup and glitter on a kid that age..

blonddgirl777
08-18-2006, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Fairwrning
...I find it a bit disturbing actually..it just isn't natural to put all that makeup and glitter on a kid that age..

I find it soooo very disturbing, I get mad and change the channel (that's if I don't want to throw the remote at the Mom's face when she talks)!

blonddgirl777
08-18-2006, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by binnie
Yeah, there is soething a little over-the-top about parents who are too pushy about anything.

Being obsessive about anything isn't conducive to happiness....

It's good to encourage them into DOING SOMETHING (phisically and mentally healthy, that is...) but everything in moderation and at THEIR own pace!

binnie
08-18-2006, 11:20 AM
Why do some parents try and live out their dreams through their kids?

Just sad really.....

Fairwrning
08-18-2006, 11:29 AM
I do have some doubts about the mother..recently saw the videotapes of the Boulder police interviewing her and basically saying that they could scientifically link her to the death..and maybe she was just spent or in shock..but her reaction wasn't "defiant" enough to me..
If I were in that situation and that fuckin cop told me some shit like that...You would have to pull me off that bastard..how fuckin dare you acuse me of killing my own kid!!

blonddgirl777
08-18-2006, 11:30 AM
Why do some parents try and live out their dreams through their kids?

Just sad really.....

Canada... the land of Hockey;

You should see how overly agressive some Dads can be with their little boys!
Then, we try to teach our kids to stay out of violence...

binnie
08-18-2006, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by blonddgirl777
Canada... the land of Hockey;

You should see how overly agressive some Dads can be with their little boys!
Then, we try to teach our kids to stay out of violence...

Yeah we have the same here with Football, Rugby etc

And Moms with dancing, ballet, musical intruments, horse-riding etc etc.

For some people, having kids is a sign that they've given up their own lives and want to ruin someone elses!

blonddgirl777
08-18-2006, 11:44 AM
... For some people, having kids is a sign that they've given up their own lives and want to ruin someone elses!

Or "live thrue" someonelse's...
Really, why can't THEY find something to validate themselves?

ELVIS
08-18-2006, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
That's not very funny.

But funny nonetheless...

BTW, I don't think this fool killed her...

He wasn't even in the same state...

FORD
08-18-2006, 12:17 PM
The DNA will show whether this guy did it or not, but the parents are shitbags regardless. I believe they knew all along a lot more than they were saying.

Thailand is well known for allowing child prostitution, so it's not so strange that a kiddie diddler would be found there.

ELVIS
08-18-2006, 12:50 PM
True, true...

binnie
08-18-2006, 01:23 PM

I shouldn't laugh, but I am.....

Steve Savicki
08-18-2006, 01:56 PM
The parents were not cooperating with police, that was verified.

Who are Buster Hymen and the Youngbloods?

sadaist
08-18-2006, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki
The parents were not cooperating with police, that was verified.

Who are Buster Hymen and the Youngbloods?

It was actually a team name for the Over-The-Line tournament in San Diego. Just a bunch of drunks that gather on the beach for 2 weekends every year and play OTL. Half the fun is the names the teams have. I remember the Peckerheads. Each player had a dildo glued to their hat.

Ally_Kat
08-19-2006, 01:41 AM

I have a friend who had a daughter. Her dream was for her to become a ballet dancer and/or a beauty queen. She started to verbally abuse her around age 5, telling her to "tuck-in her stomach", not eat so much carbs., keep her head straight etc... because she would have "no future" and all kinds of B.S...

I told my friend to stop it, to let the child be a child and not to do (or say) anything that would break her self-confidence, to just make sure she doesn't turn into an anorexic etc... etc...

That "friend" wouldn't listen to me (or anyonelse) so I slowly decided to avoid her... now we haven't seen each other for over 4 years.

I hear the little girl is rather chunky now, plays ball in a team and is not interested in all that beauty judging crap...
Good for her!

See, the thing with kids who are treated like that is that they either go one of two ways. They either develop the eating disorder and are sickening thin or they lose willpower and end up with a little tummy.

I know someone who is feeding their one kid the bare minimum over fears of the kid being fat. Too skinny. I mean, there's not even muscle on the arms and legs and a visible ribcage. I mean, I know a very in thing now is to be so thin you can count your ribs under your boobs, but I think in a child that it is just not right.

When this child grows up and starts going to high school where there's no supervision or permission and food available...I bet that kid is going to go overboard hording the food that is a "no-no" in the house.

Nitro Express
08-19-2006, 01:54 AM
Anyone who harms a child should have some hard hitting ******s go midevil on their ass with a pair of pliers and a blowtorch.

VAN HLN CA
08-19-2006, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by VHdamaco

the way that whole thing went about at first, theres no way a random guy in fucking BANGKOK takes the hit...

god already smote patsy for helping kill her child...

paid to take the fall???? Maybe John Ramsey is about to be exposed for some other angle or Patsey link so they sought out this freak.
Hes way to eager to incriminate himself, and if DNA isnt there its a cover up without question-Bangcok bullshit.

Would you allow that guy round your children-dont fuckin think so.
he was teaching children, 2nd day on the job, hired because not a background check issue. Forgive my naiveness but Nightline showed guys like this go there to have NAMBLA fiestas and sex with kids is OK????

Seriously a country where you can be shot for stealing doesnt care about child rape-im missing something hopefully

blonddgirl777
08-19-2006, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
...I know a very in thing now is to be so thin you can count your ribs under your boobs, but I think in a child that it is just not right....

That kind of thinness is not right for anyone's health but when it is imposed on kids... it's like screwing their lives from the very start!

And we do, live in the land of plenty...

blonddgirl777
08-19-2006, 02:23 PM
...I hear the little girl is rather chunky now, plays ball in a team and is not interested in all that beauty judging crap...
Good for her!...

What I really meant by "chunky" was that she is more on the healthy, muscular side rather than "ballet material" where they actually "punish" the girls for taking a few pounds...

But what is mostly interesting is that she is turning into a sports and intellectual type of girl, rather than a superficial barbie wannabe like my ex-friend is, and would have want her to be.

VHdamaco
08-21-2006, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by van hln CA
paid to take the fall???? Maybe John Ramsey is about to be exposed for some other angle or Patsey link so they sought out this freak.
Hes way to eager to incriminate himself, and if DNA isnt there its a cover up without question-Bangcok bullshit.

Would you allow that guy round your children-dont fuckin think so.
he was teaching children, 2nd day on the job, hired because not a background check issue. Forgive my naiveness but Nightline showed guys like this go there to have NAMBLA fiestas and sex with kids is OK????

Seriously a country where you can be shot for stealing doesnt care about child rape-im missing something hopefully

i never mentioned about him being paid to take the fall, i just said how does some random pedophile take the blame (or in this case seem to relish the "fact" that he did the job)...

fuck no i wouldn't allow him near my kids if i had any; and if he got near them, he'd be getting his ass handed to him and probably wouldn't htink twice about snapping his neck...

that is odd where the lawmakers heads are in regards to kids, fuck it, i don't live there...

Little Texan
08-25-2006, 10:17 PM
I'm increasingly of the opinion that this dude didn't kill JBR...just some attention whore sick fuck getting his rocks off from all the attention he's getting. Speaking of sick fucks, I've always found it very disturbing since this whole thing began that a mother would even put make-up on a five year old child, much less dress her up like a cheap whore!

sadaist
08-28-2006, 05:40 PM
Alleged murderer.

Originally posted: 08-16-2006 at 03:17 PM

TOLD YA!!! THE PARENTS DID IT.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
08-28-2006, 06:16 PM
Wake me when they find the real guys.

PumpedUpMidget
08-28-2006, 06:18 PM
NOT---haha--this publicity seeking homosexual struck out, and here's to all of the idiots who got sucked in thinking it was him

PumpedUpMidget
08-28-2006, 06:20 PM
Rumour has it that they DID find his DNA in Ryan Monahan's rectal area....

blonddgirl777
08-28-2006, 06:49 PM
... THE PARENTS DID IT.

That's what I always tought but hey, it's just an opinion...
After all... I didn't do the investigation!

The mother DID look and act weird though... but it doesn'y mean she was a murderer...
Maybe she got consumed by guilt and remorse? :confused:

Douglas T.
08-28-2006, 07:06 PM
Did I hear right he was in trouble over seas for a crime and claimed to kill JBR to get himself to America and away from prosececution over there?

Brett
08-28-2006, 07:29 PM
The parents did it, obviously.

This guy was never believable, just seemed like a typical crackpot kiddie porn loser.

blonddgirl777
08-28-2006, 07:40 PM
I have a feeling that this case will fall in the cracks... just like the O.J. one...

Fairwrning
08-28-2006, 07:50 PM
No..they have to release or charge this guy with a crime..either way..he is dead inside of a year

Mr. Vengeance
08-28-2006, 07:50 PM
Daddy Ramsey was heard yelling "OH FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

fryingdutchman
08-28-2006, 10:08 PM
Charges dropped today...

Back to the drawing board, boys.

Next time don't rush to judgement just to beat everyone else to the punch on starting a thread, Savicki.

Prosecutors Drop Case in Ramsey Slaying
By JON SARCHE, Associated Press Writer
2 hours ago

BOULDER, Colo. - Prosecutors abruptly dropped their case Monday against John Mark Karr in the slaying of JonBenet Ramsey, saying DNA tests failed to put him at the crime scene despite his insistence he sexually assaulted and strangled the 6-year-old beauty queen.

Just a week and a half after Karr's arrest in Thailand was seen as a remarkable break in the sensational, decade-old case, prosecutors suggested in court papers that he was just a man with a twisted fascination with JonBenet who confessed to a crime he didn't commit.

"The people would not be able to establish that Mr. Karr committed this crime despite his repeated insistence that he did," District Attorney Mary Lacy said in court papers.

The 41-year-old schoolteacher will be kept in jail in Boulder until he can be sent to Sonoma County, Calif., to face child pornography charges dating to 2001.

The district attorney vowed to keep pursuing leads in JonBenet's death: "This case is not closed."

Karr was never formally charged in the slaying. In court papers, Lacy defended the decision to arrest him and bring him back to the United States for further investigation, saying he might have otherwise fled and may have been targeting children in Thailand as well.

Lacy said Karr emerged as a suspect in April after he spent several years exchanging e-mails and later telephone calls with a University of Colorado journalism professor who had produced documentaries on the Ramsey case.

According to court papers, Karr told the professor he accidentally killed JonBenet during sex and that he tasted her blood after he injured her vaginally. But the Denver crime lab conducted DNA tests last Friday on a cheek swab taken from Karr and were unable to connect him to the crime.

"This information is critical because ... if Mr. Karr's account of his sexual involvement with the victim were accurate, it would have been highly likely that his saliva would have been mixed with the blood in the underwear," Lacy said in court papers.

She also said authorities found no evidence Karr was in Boulder at the time of the slaying. She said Karr's family provided "strong circumstantial support" for their belief that he was with them in Georgia, celebrating the Christmas holidays. JonBenet was found beaten and strangled at her Boulder home on Dec. 26, 1996.

Defense attorney Seth Temin expressed outrage that Karr was even arrested.

"We're deeply distressed by the fact that they took this man and dragged him here from Bangkok, Thailand, with no forensic evidence confirming the allegations against him and no independent factors leading to a presumption he did anything wrong," Temin said.

In an interview Monday with MSNBC, Gary Harris, who had been spokesman for the Karr family, said he knew the DNA would not match.

Karr has been "obsessed with this case for a long time. He may have some personality problems, but he's not a killer," Harris said. "He obsesses. He wanted to be a rock star one time. ... He's a dreamer. He's the kind of guy who wants to be famous."

Earlier this month, Ramsey family attorney Lin Wood pronounced Karr's arrest vindication for JonBenet's parents, John and Patsy Ramsey, who had long been suspected in the killing.

On Monday, the attorney said: "From day one, John Ramsey publicly stated that he did not want the public or the media to jump to judgment. He did not want the public or the media to engage in speculation, that he wanted the justice system to take its course."

Wood said he still has great confidence in the district attorney. Patsy Ramsey died of cancer in June.

JonBenet Ramsey's aunt, Pamela Paugh, said she was disappointed there won't be a prosecution of someone in the case, but added: "I think our justice system worked as it was supposed to."

"We asked the DA to do her thing. She did it," said Paugh, who is Patsy Ramsey's sister. "My disappointment came about the end of December 1996 when we didn't have the killer then. We've had 9 1/2 years of disappointment and waiting."

Nate Karr, John Karr's brother, said he was elated by the news. "We're just going to be celebrating with family," he said.

Scott Robinson, a Denver attorney who has followed the case from the beginning, said prosecutors may now be back at square one in the JonBenet case. He said Karr may be charged with lying about his role in the case.

"Seems to me there should be some criminal consequences," he said. "He has cost the taxpayers an enormous amount of money."

Karr was arrested in Petaluma, Calif., in 2001 on charges of possessing child pornography but fled before he could be tried. Colorado authorities said that after the Boulder case against Karr was dropped, California officials asked that he be turned over to them for prosecution.

In court papers, prosecutors said Karr began exchanging e-mails with professor Michael Tracey in 2002, signing them "D" and later "Daxis." The meaning of "Daxis" was not immediately clear.

At first, Karr seemed to be just someone with an intense interest in the case, but he soon claimed responsibility for the crime, and provided more and more detail about that night, according to court papers. He claimed that he accidentally killed JonBenet during sexual activity that included temporarily asphyxiating her, prosecutors said.

He began telling his story in hopes of being included a book Tracey was planning to publish, according to the court papers.

Authorities eventually traced his calls and identified Daxis as Karr, prosecutors said.

The district attorney said there was no way to take a cheek swab from Karr without alerting him that he was under investigation, and that would have created an "unacceptable risk that he would flee."

Also, Karr was about to start a teaching job in Thailand, and in his correspondence began to describe an interest in several girls "in much the same terms that he had described his interest in JonBenet," Lacy said in court papers. Authorities confirmed he was involved with at least one of the girls, Lacy said.

Fairwrning
08-28-2006, 10:31 PM
Twisted fuck...let the death watch begin...

Nickdfresh
08-28-2006, 10:49 PM
This whole affair is one of bullshit. And shame on the fucking media that reported on the guy's every move like he was Elvis!