PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't the Arab League

Ellyllions
08-20-2006, 01:17 PM
I'm not gonna pretend to be any kind of expert on what I'm about to post, but I am going to say it exactly as I'm seeing it in hopes to be enlightened by the rest of you.

Is it just me or is there some serious discriminatory practices taking place against the Arab/Muslims by the French government?

They were involved in the Oil for Food scandal (what ever happened with investigating that anyway), then shortly after that there was an "uprising" in France by Muslim people who said that they were being discriminated against in the workplace. There was also reports that the French kept the Muslims in their country in areas and wouldn't facilitate the integration of the Muslims into the greater French society.

Only to turn around and not only change their stance on the latest UN Resolution to stop violence between Israel and Hezbollah in favor of the Arab League's demands for the acceptance of the Resolution. To add insult to injury, they'd suggested that they'd supply troops to a UN Peace keeping force but when the Resolution was accepted decided to only send provisions and medicinal supplies.

What the world? Do the Arab League not realize that the French are only using them for their Oil or am I missing the whole picture altogether?

Seshmeister
08-20-2006, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Ellyllions
Is it just me or is there some serious discriminatory practices
taking place against the Arab/Muslims by the French government?

They were involved in the Oil for Food scandal (what ever happened with investigating that anyway), then shortly after that there was an "uprising" in France by Muslim people who said that they were being discriminated against in the workplace. There was also reports that the French kept the Muslims in their country in areas and wouldn't facilitate the integration of the Muslims into the greater French society.

Only to turn around and not only change their stance on the latest UN Resolution to stop violence between Israel and Hezbollah in favor of the Arab League's demands for the acceptance of the Resolution. To add insult to injury, they'd suggested that they'd supply troops to a UN Peace keeping force but when the Resolution was accepted decided to only send provisions and medicinal supplies.

What the world? Do the Arab League not realize that the French are only using them for their Oil or am I missing the whole picture altogether?

Call me a cynic but I think quite a lot of governments got caught with their hands in the cookie jar not least the US so it will probably just get swept under the carpet. If a multinational had paid for someone to suck Clintons dick it would never had gone so far.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HrdFFCnYtbk"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HrdFFCnYtbk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Big companies own our governments so since they have a lot to lose I would be stunned if anything comes of the Oil for Food 'investigation'.

France as I understand it lost billions when Saddam's regime was collapsed but then again she lost a hell of a lot less than the US and even the UK have now spent trying to conquer it.

Cheers!

:gulp: