PDA

View Full Version : 10 Years Ago Today, Clinton Ended Welfare "As We Knew It"

EAT MY ASSHOLE
08-22-2006, 09:46 AM
Aug. 22, 1996. At the time, Republicans were angry that it didn't do enough to end dependence on government support, three democrats resigned from Clinton's cabinet in protest because they believed the work requirements too harsh. But the soul of a relationship is compromise, and a good, successful compromise is WHERE BOTH PARTIES walk away feeling like the other side got the better deal.

Ten years later, it has proved to be a historic, SUCCESSFUL example of how across the aisle cooperation can help strengthen the country, and how "Third Way Politics" is THE way for this country to discover progress.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
08-22-2006, 10:35 AM
What??? Nothing to say??? Not enough partisan rancor for y'all???

LoungeMachine
08-22-2006, 10:43 AM
Hey, it got WarBOT working..........

FORD
08-22-2006, 11:19 AM
Clinton is the best Republican President since Teddy Roosevelt, and yet they still bitch about him and his cock today.

DEMON CUNT
08-22-2006, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE (R-Dummy)
What??? Nothing to say??? Not enough partisan rancor for y'all???

Don't forget to wipe after you post.

http://www.porcher.ca/french/products/images/faucet_images/acc-toilet-paper-holder.jpg

EAT MY ASSHOLE
08-22-2006, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Hey, it got WarBOT working..........

There we go, that's what I'm looking for. Let the fireworks begin!

EAT MY ASSHOLE
08-22-2006, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Clinton is the best Republican President since Teddy Roosevelt, and yet they still bitch about him and his cock today.

If you want to consider him a Republican, go right ahead. I don't know ANYONE who would have steered trhe country better for those eight years - certainly not George Bush Sr. or Bob Dole.

Just like I would've taken Gore any day - including 9/11 - over the adminsitration we're currently enjoying...

diamondD
08-22-2006, 12:01 PM
Maybe Lounge should change the thread title to suit him to get things rolling...

LoungeMachine
08-22-2006, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by diamondD
Maybe Lounge should change the thread title to suit him to get things rolling...

LMAO

Suggestions?

:D

EAT MY ASSHOLE
08-22-2006, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
LMAO

Suggestions?

:D

may i suggest something about a particlular stained blue dress?

FORD
08-22-2006, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
If you want to consider him a Republican, go right ahead. I don't know ANYONE who would have steered trhe country better for those eight years - certainly not George Bush Sr. or Bob Dole.

Just like I would've taken Gore any day - including 9/11 - over the adminsitration we're currently enjoying...

I would prefer Clinton the Republican over Chimpy the Hitlerian Fascist any day. That does NOT extend to his wife, however. She's gone so far to the right that she might be as bad as monkey man if not worse.

Nickdfresh
08-22-2006, 01:25 PM
Not to defend her too much, but --She's smarter at least. And her rhetoric may in fact be more to the right (or center) than her potential policies would be.

Warham
08-22-2006, 04:28 PM
The best thing Clinton ever did.

No partisan attacks from me on this.

Lounge can't help himself though.

DEMON CUNT
08-22-2006, 07:48 PM
may i suggest something about a particlular stained blue dress?

Yes! Yes, the blowjob! Clinton, blowjob, Clinton, blowjob, Clinton, blowjob.

You are really obsessed with sucking that man's dick. HOW FAGGITY!

Even Nixon wasn't impeached for lying about lying about getting a blowjob.

Douche-sicle.

DEMON CUNT
08-22-2006, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Warham

No partisan attacks from me on this.

PUSSY!

EAT MY ASSHOLE
08-23-2006, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
Yes! Yes, the blowjob! Clinton, blowjob, Clinton, blowjob, Clinton, blowjob.

You are really obsessed with sucking that man's dick. HOW FAGGITY!

Even Nixon wasn't impeached for lying about lying about getting a blowjob.

Douche-sicle.

Wow...ten poiints for inability to spot irony when it's biting him in the ass.

Moron. You're the reason some libs DO wind up believing that the left method sounds nice on peper, but doesn't work in reality.

rucalobe
08-23-2006, 08:13 PM
"If you want to consider him a Republican, go right ahead. I don't know ANYONE who would have steered trhe country better for those eight years - certainly not George Bush Sr. or Bob Dole.

Just like I would've taken Gore any day - including 9/11 - over the adminsitration we're currently enjoying..."

AMEN!!!

Can't wait for November '06 and '08...this country and the world needs a Democrat in the White House...preferably Hillary Clinton.

DEMON CUNT
08-24-2006, 01:09 AM
Wow...ten poiints for inability to spot irony when it's biting him in the ass.

Moron. You're the reason some libs DO wind up believing that the left method sounds nice on peper, but doesn't work in reality.

Please explain the irony you see here.

And that second sentance? Sober up and try again in the morning.

Nickdfresh
08-24-2006, 08:38 AM
**chuckle**

EAT MY ASSHOLE
08-24-2006, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
Please explain the irony you see here.

And that second sentance? Sober up and try again in the morning.

The irony, cunt, was that I would bring up the blue dress as something important. Let's see...let's go through this thread and see the points...I BEGAN the thread COMPLIMENTING an achievement of CLINTON's presidency...I went on to say that for those 8 years I would sooner have had him as the leader of the free world than the republican candidates of the time...I also went on to say that I would sooner have had either of the democrat choices in these past two elections than our current administration. MY NAME IS EAT MY ASSHOLE!!!

So where in there is there ANY indication that I would give a single flying fuck about a blowjob???

You poor dumb fuck. Dummy cons fear you only b/c they can't believe anyone so stupid exists outside of their own circle.

Nickdfresh
08-24-2006, 01:00 PM
Eat my turtle's asshole!

Guitar Shark
08-24-2006, 01:04 PM
Turtles don't have assholes. They have cloacas.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
08-24-2006, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
Turtles don't have assholes. They have cloacas.

Sweet, LOVELY cloacas I might add...

DEMON CUNT
08-27-2006, 01:55 AM
MY NAME IS EAT MY ASSHOLE!!!

You poor dumb fuck. Dummy cons fear you only b/c they can't believe anyone so stupid exists outside of their own circle.

Continue to work on your communication skills.

Focus on clairity and you'll be understood more often and won't seem quite so retarded.

And then suck my balls 'til your lips chap.

Big Train
08-28-2006, 03:07 AM
I'm sort of undecided on this. Anyone know what the unemployment rate was then vs. now? It seems to me like it is kind of a wash.

I agree about the "chronic" part of welfare, that absolutely needed to end in some way. Generations of people should not be on short term assistance.

I tend to agree it was a right step to take , but I also agree it did not go far enough. I give him credit for trying.

At least it got passed which in this "your from that party, well fuck you.." political climate, would be impossible now. The extremists on both sides rule the roost.

If only a third party could come up with someone more credible than Nader, who was ok in my book.

A third party conservative-leaning group would get my vote in a heartbeat.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
09-07-2006, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Big Train
I'm sort of undecided on this. Anyone know what the unemployment rate was then vs. now? It seems to me like it is kind of a wash.

You're kiddng, right? Unemployment is DOWN, greatly. It's one of the things this administartion keeps touting as success of its economic strategy.

(BTW, as far as foregin polcy, I would give W a C-, if. Domestically, FOR WHAT THE ASDMISITRATION HAS ALWAYS SET OUT TO ACHIEVE - a solid B+, maybe even higher.