PDA

View Full Version : Bush Flip-Flops on Iraq......Again

LoungeMachine
08-22-2006, 02:37 PM
WASHINGTON - After more than three years of prosecuting the war in Iraq as a matter of fighting the "global war on terror," President George W. Bush faces the challenge of defending the war in his party's struggle for control of Congress this fall.

The president waged an impassioned and sometimes heated defense of the war in a news conference yesterday. But he acknowledged his frustration at times with the progress of the Iraqi security force even as he insisted on the importance of maintaining the U.S. military mission "until the job is done."

"We're not leaving so long as I'm the president," he said. "That would be a huge mistake."

Okay, FIRST he says we're not leaving until the mission is accomplis.....completed.

We'll stand down when they stand up.........

NOW, he says we're NOT LEAVING WHILE HE'S PRESIDENT.

So......which is it?

Hasn't he just admitted defeat?

Hasn't he just admitted we can't leave while he's in office???????

Didn't he just embolden the terrorists by telling them they can blow us up for the next 2 years? Guaranteed.

Didn't he just give an "artificial timeline" ?

Isn't he bascially telling our TROOPS........NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU FIGHT, NO MATTER HOW MANY BATTLES YOU WIN....WE WILL NOT LEAVE WHILE I AM PRESIDENT.

:confused:

Guitar Shark
08-22-2006, 04:01 PM
I don't know that I would take his statement that literally.

It's probably along the same lines of "as long as you're under my roof, you'll obey my rules" and such.

Warham
08-22-2006, 04:18 PM
You need to learn the definition of flip-flopping, for one thing.

Watching some John Kerry debate performances should help you get started.

Nickdfresh
08-22-2006, 04:41 PM
Any specific examples of that War?

Warham
08-22-2006, 04:43 PM
LOL!

Nick, such a jokester!

FORD
08-22-2006, 04:53 PM
As opposed to Chimpy's debate performances which all looked pretty much like this.....

http://www.radicalhippie.com/images/Moron/monkey_face.jpg

Nickdfresh
08-22-2006, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Warham
LOL!

Nick, such a jokester!

I'll take that as a "no."

LoungeMachine
08-22-2006, 05:18 PM

First, Bush said we'd stand down when they stand up.

Then he said we have a "stategy for victory", which he has yet to articulate to anyone.

Now he says we'll be there after he's gone.

First we were leaving when the job was done [whaterthefuck that is] now we certainly WONT be leaving until Bush is out of office.

Flip-Flop WarPIG.

But semantic aside. Isn't it funny you still can't accept the reality of our defeat.

We lost the day Bremer set foot on Iraqi soil, and it's been becoming more obvious to the world with each passing day and death.

I'm really sorry you're too stupid and blind to see it.

LoungeMachine
08-22-2006, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Any specific examples of that War?

:crickets chirping:

blueturk
08-22-2006, 05:27 PM

You need to learn the definition of a presidential moron. Maybe these Bush debate performances will help get you started.

"I hear there's rumors on the Internets that we're going to have a draft." --George W. Bush, second presidential debate, St. Louis, Mo., Oct. 8, 2004

"The truth of that matter is, if you listen carefully, Saddam would still be in power if he were the president of the United States, and the world would be a lot better off." --George W. Bush, second presidential debate, St. Louis, Mo., Oct. 8, 2004

"When a drug comes in from Canada, I wanna make sure it cures ya, not kill ya... I've got an obligation to make sure our government does everything we can to protect you. And one -- my worry is that it looks like it's from Canada, and it might be from a third world." --George W. Bush, second presidential debate, St. Louis, Mo., Oct. 8, 2004

"We all thought there was weapons there, Robin. My opponent thought there was weapons there." --George W. Bush, second presidential debate, St. Louis, Mo., Oct. 8, 2004

"Let me see where to start here. First, the National Journal named Senator Kennedy the most liberal senator of all." --George W. Bush, referring to Sen. Kerry, second presidential debate, St. Louis, Mo., Oct. 8, 2004

"I own a timber company? That's news to me. Need some wood?" --George W. Bush, second presidential debate, St. Louis, Mo., Oct. 8, 2004

"Another example would be the Dred Scott case, which is where judges, years ago, said that the Constitution allowed slavery because of personal property rights. That's a personal opinion. That's not what the constitution says. The constitution of the United States says we're all -- you know, it doesn't say that. It doesn't speak to the equality of America." --George W. Bush, second presidential debate, St. Louis, Mo., Oct. 8, 2004

"The enemy understands a free Iraq will be a major defeat in their ideology of hatred. That's why they're fighting so vociferously." --George W. Bush, first presidential debate, Coral Gables, Fla., Sept. 30, 2004

"You know, it's hard work to try to love her as best as I can, knowing full well that the decision I made caused her loved one to be in harm's way." --George W. Bush, first presidential debate, Coral Gables, Fla., Sept. 30, 2004

LoungeMachine
08-22-2006, 05:49 PM
On Monday, President Bush admitted that the Iraq war is "straining the psyche of our country." But he vowed to stay the course. A reporter questioned him about why he opposed withdrawing US troops from Iraq. In his answer, Bush admitted that Iraq had no weapons of mass destruction and had "nothing" to do with 9/11.
AMY GOODMAN: On Monday, Present Bush admitted the Iraq war is "straining the psyche of our country," but he vowed to stay the course. A reporter questioned him about why he opposed withdrawing U.S. troops from Iraq.

REPORTER: A lot of the consequences you mentioned for pulling out seem like maybe they never would have been there if we hadn't gone in. How do you square all of that?

PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH: I square it, because -- imagine a world in which you had Saddam Hussein who had the capacity to make a weapon of mass destruction, who was paying suiciders to kill innocent life, who would -- who had relations with Zarqawi. Imagine what the world would be like with him in power. The idea is to try to help change the Middle East.

Now, look, I didn’t -- part of the reason we went into Iraq was -- the main reason we went into Iraq at the time was we thought he had weapons of mass destruction. It turns out he didn't, but he had the capacity to make weapons of mass destruction. But I also talked about the human suffering in Iraq, and I also talked the need to advance a freedom agenda. And so my question -- my answer to your question is, is that -- imagine a world in which Saddam Hussein was there, stirring up even more trouble in a part of the world that had so much resentment and so much hatred that people came and killed 3,000 of our citizens.

Read More and Listen Online:
http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=06/08/22/1421212

LoungeMachine
08-22-2006, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine

And so my question -- my answer to your question is, is that -- imagine a world in which Saddam Hussein was there, stirring up even more trouble in a part of the world that had so much resentment and so much hatred that people came and killed 3,000 of our citizens.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Nickdfresh
08-22-2006, 05:54 PM
It's almost funny how much time is dedicated to implying a link between Iraq/Hussein to 9/11, then admitting he had nothing to do with it when challenged by a reporter's follow up.

LoungeMachine
08-22-2006, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
It's almost funny how much time is dedicated to implying a link between Iraq/Hussein to 9/11, then admitting he had nothing to do with it when challenged by a reporter's follow up.

LMMFAO

Yet even then, he still can't help but end on the "Saddam 9/11" note.......

imagine a world in which Saddam Hussein was there, stirring up even more trouble in a part of the world that had so much resentment and so much hatred that people came and killed 3,000 of our citizens.
[/B]

He fucking can't help himself, like many other blatant BOTS in here....

LoungeMachine
08-22-2006, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine

imagine a world in which Saddam Hussein was there, stirring up even more trouble in a part of the world that had so much resentment and so much hatred that people came and killed 3,000 of our citizens.

So.......9/11 happened because Saddam was "stirring up shit" in that part of the world?

Really?

It had nothing to do with our being on Saudi soil, and supporting Israel????

Bin Laden LIED to us!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

Now that Saddam's gone, does that mean shit'll settle down now, BushBOTS?

Hardrock69
08-23-2006, 08:43 AM
Here Chimpy finally admits Iraq had "NOTHING" to do with 9/11....

http://thinkprogress.org/2006/08/21/bush-on-911

And a link blueturk posted the other day from NPR:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5685253

ODShowtime
08-23-2006, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by blueturk
"Let me see where to start here. First, the National Journal named Senator Kennedy the most liberal senator of all." --George W. Bush, referring to Sen. Kerry, second presidential debate, St. Louis, Mo., Oct. 8, 2004

Those are my favorite kinds. The ones where gw will say something that starts with a stupid premise, and then screw it up and make it even stupider.

Nickdfresh
08-23-2006, 10:29 PM
Pres. Bush --"We're not leaving so long as I'm the president," he said. "That would be a huge mistake."

Translation: "We're going to keep allowing US troops to be killed, so my Administraion can save face and say we didn't lose it."