PDA

View Full Version : Paramount Fires Tom Cruise...Was it Because he's a Muslim??????

LoungeMachine
08-23-2006, 10:24 AM
Studio Boss: Cruise's Conduct Unacceptable
WEDNESDAY AUGUST 23, 2006 09:25AM EST

By Stephen M. Silverman

Tom Cruise and Paramount Pictures have ended their 14-year professional relationship, with the studio blaming Cruise's recent controversial behavior for the split.

Sumner Redstone, chairman of Paramount Pictures parent company Viacom, told the Wall Street Journal Tuesday that the studio would not renew its contract with Cruise's Cruise/Wagner Productions.

"It's nothing to do with his acting ability, he's a terrific actor," Redstone said. "But we don't think that someone who effectuates creative suicide and costs the company revenue should be on the lot."

Cruise starred in Paramount hits including Mission: Impossible, Top Gun and Days of Thunder, and has based his production company on the Paramount lot since 1992, the Journal reports.

But in the past year, he's made headlines by promoting Scientology, jumping on Oprah Winfrey's couch to declare his love for Katie Holmes and attacking the use of antidepressants for postpartum depression.

"As much as we like him personally, we thought it was wrong to renew his deal," said Redstone. "His recent conduct has not been acceptable to Paramount."

Calling Redstone's announcement "surprising," Cruise's producing partner, Paula Wagner, told the Associated Press, "For some reason, Paramount has chosen to negotiate in the press. … It's not really the most businesslike approach. We've had virtually no dealings with Mr. Redstone."

Cruise's agent, Rick Nicita, told the Journal that Cruise was "offended" by Redstone's remarks. "This was done in an incredibly graceless way," he said.

Wagner told the AP that agents for Cruise/Wagner Productions stopped negotiating with Paramount more than a week ago and had since secured independent financing.

She said she and Cruise had been considering taking their company independent "for a long time. For us, this is a very new and exciting direction. We look forward to working with all the studios."

EbDawson
08-23-2006, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
"But we don't think that someone who effectuates creative suicide and costs the company revenue should be on the lot."

Ouch! Poor Tom. How's he gonna make the mortgage payments.

LoungeMachine
08-23-2006, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by EbDawson
Ouch! Poor Tom. How's he gonna make the mortgage payments.

Allah will watch over him ;)

EbDawson
08-23-2006, 10:45 AM
Allah will watch over him ;)

Allah or L. Ron? :D

LoungeMachine
08-23-2006, 10:54 AM
L. Ron?

You mean he aint Muslim?

wtf?

But the Osmonds are, right?

MAPRamone
08-23-2006, 11:39 AM
L. Ron?

You mean he aint Muslim?

wtf?

I might be wrong, but i think you can be a Christian Scientologist, a Muslim Scientologist, a Hindu Scientologist etc. L. Ron wanted as wide as possible customer base to sell his religion to.

flappo
08-23-2006, 12:23 PM
they probably heard he was coming out of the closet

binnie
08-23-2006, 12:40 PM
Do Paramount think that Tom's movie career is over?

Last time I checked he was a guarenteed big bucks earner......

Controversial behaviour? I don't think so.

Silly, pathetic, but not controversial......

Hardrock69
08-23-2006, 02:14 PM
Bwa HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Fuck that stoopid fucking idiot!!!

And Redstone says he's a terrific actor?

BULLSHIT!!!

He is fucking lame....
:rolleyes:

diamondD
08-23-2006, 02:25 PM
What's muslim got to do with it?

LoungeMachine
08-23-2006, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by diamondD

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39570

:D :D :D

diamondD
08-23-2006, 02:46 PM
Oh ok guess you had to be there...

The_KiD
08-23-2006, 02:52 PM
Serves him right.. He is a fucking idiot.. Does not really matter though, he has made his money.

KiD

binnie
08-23-2006, 03:26 PM
Yeah he must be worth hundreds of millions......

Seshmeister
08-23-2006, 06:10 PM
What this article doesn't mention is that the same day they ditched Cruise, Paramount signed up the South Park guys for a couple of movies.

I don't think Tom is their biggest fan somehow.

Matt White
08-23-2006, 09:39 PM
Yikes......isn't he gay?!?

blonddgirl777
08-23-2006, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
Bwa HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Fuck that stoopid fucking idiot!!!

And Redstone says he's a terrific actor?

BULLSHIT!!!

He is fucking lame....
:rolleyes:

We've seen enough of him and his huge anoying fake smile...

NEXT!

Tiki-Tom
08-24-2006, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by diamondD

Yeah! He worships fucking aliens!

binnie
08-24-2006, 03:35 AM
"Show me the money!! Show me the money!!"

Little Texan
08-25-2006, 09:49 PM
You knew something like this was going to happen with his increasingly bizarre behavior, and the neverending stupid, controversial shit that keeps coming out of his mouth. It's bad for business...Cruise is hurting Paramount by pissing people off and not wanting to see any movies with him in them as a result. He should learn to keep his mouth shut about some things and not speak about everything that comes to his pea-sized mind!