PDA

View Full Version : Whitesnake Live...In The Shadow of the Blues

Shaun Ponsonby
08-23-2006, 12:27 PM
Steamhammer/SPV are proud to announce the signing of one of the greatest and most acclaimed hard rock acts of all time. November 3, 2006 in Germany and November 6, 2006 in Europe will see the arrival of Whitesnake's new double live album, Live ... In The Shadow Of The Blues, capturing for posterity the infectious enthusiasm that the band surrounding vocalist David Coverdale has presented all over Europe during this year's festival season. For thirty years, Whitesnake have been among the most influential representatives of their genre, having produced numerous rock music classics such as 'Here I Go Again', 'Is This Love', 'In The Still Of The Night', 'Fool For Your Loving', 'Ain't No Love In The Heart Of The City' or 'Walking In The Shadows Of The Blues'.

Live ... In The Shadow Of The Blues includes almost all the remarkable hits from Whitesnake's career, as well as two timeless Deep Purple classics in 'Burn' and 'Stormbringer'. Coverdale was the frontman of the legendary British act between 1973 and 1976, making a significant contribution to numerous Purple highlights during this era. Live ... In The Shadow Of The Blues also includes four previously unreleased tracks in 'Ready To Rock', 'If You Want Me (I'll Come Running)', 'All I Want Is You' and 'Dog', eagerly awaited by all Whitesnake fans. The strictly limited version of the double album will be available in a top-quality digipack, featuring a number of surprises, among them the bonus track, 'Crying In The Rain', including a haunting drum solo by drum legend, Tommy Aldridge.

Connoisseurs consider the current Whitesnake line-up one of the technically most accomplished in the band's history. The two outstanding guitar players Doug Aldrich and Reb Beach , continue the long tradition of excellent guitarists that has always distinguished Whitesnake. The exceptional drummer, Tommy Aldridge, has been with the group for over twenty years, and bassist Uriah Duffy and keyboarder Timothy Drury are two world-class musicians who complement the line-up perfectly.

For more information, please visit www.spv.de

TRACKLISTING of
"Live...In The Shadow Of The Blues"

CD 1
1) Bad Boys
2) Slide It In
3) Slow An' Easy
4) Love Ain't No Stranger
5) Judgement Day
6) Is This Love
7) Blues For Mylene
8) Snake Dance
9) Crying In The Rain
10) Ain't No Love In The Heart Of The City
11) Fool For Your Loving
12) Here I Go Again
13) Still Of The Night

CD 2
1) Burn - Stormbringer - Burn
2) Give Me All Your Love Tonight
3) Walking In The Shadow Of The Blues
4) The Deeper The Love
5) Ready An` Willing
6) Don`t Break My Heart Again
7) Take Me With You
8) Ready To Rock (new studio recording)
9) If You Want Me - I'll Come Running (new studio recording)
10) All I Want Is You (new studio recording)
11) Dog (new studio recording)

Bonustrack (Limited Edition):
12) 'Crying In The Rain' (extended version with Tommy's Drum Solo)

binnie
08-23-2006, 12:33 PM
Sounds good to me!!!

Especially on the strength of the reviews that they have had on this tour.....

Mr Badguy
08-23-2006, 01:52 PM
What the hell is a "haunting drum solo"?

If it`s anything like the one Tommy`s been playing for the past 30 years, then it probably means that it turns the auditorium into a ghost town while everyone heads to the bar.

Soul Reaper
08-23-2006, 02:07 PM
I was wondering what a haunting drum solo is too....

looks good....those new songs look typically cheesy (judging by the titles)....

Shaun Ponsonby
08-23-2006, 02:20 PM
"Ready To Rock" seemed like quite a good song when they played it live, but the title is a bit cliche. I've always thought you should stay clear of putting "Rock" or "Rock 'n' roll" in song titles.

But, then, Coverdale is a bit cliche anyway.

Shaun Ponsonby
08-23-2006, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy
What the hell is a "haunting drum solo"?

If it`s anything like the one Tommy`s been playing for the past 30 years, then it probably means that it turns the auditorium into a ghost town while everyone heads to the bar.

HA! I was aboot to make a similar comment, but I guess I should leave it now.

binnie
08-23-2006, 03:31 PM
Whitesnake are one of those bands that can pull off cliche's IMO.

I mean "Slide it In", come on!!

Wallyg
08-23-2006, 03:37 PM
Without John Sykes what's the point? It always took two guitarists to replace him and Whitesnake hasn't written a good song since he left.

binnie
08-23-2006, 03:39 PM
Well they might just surprise us......

Tiki-Tom
08-23-2006, 11:21 PM
As i was saying back in the "singers...' thread, they still sound excellent live. Once again I say check out In the Still of the Night: Live 2004 (DVD/CD) if in doubt. Coverdale's still in top form.

Shaun Ponsonby
08-24-2006, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Wallyg
Without John Sykes what's the point? It always took two guitarists to replace him and Whitesnake hasn't written a good song since he left.

Well, considering the band was around aboot a decade before John Sykes came along, I think there is a lot of point.

Sugar-Dave
08-28-2006, 07:25 AM
Fucking brilliant band, saw them live on this tour at the Sheffield City Hall and they were brilliant
..... also excellent when i saw them in Manchester on the still of ther night tour

Coverdale has one of the greatest voices going and has done well to sustain it

Ready To Rock seemed decent live as well