PDA

View Full Version : Venezuela plans to export oil to China

ODShowtime
08-23-2006, 10:43 PM
By GILLIAN WONG, Associated Press Writer
Wed Aug 23, 3:48 PM ET

Venezuela plans to export 500,000 barrels of oil a day to China within five years, Venezuela President Hugo Chavez said Wednesday.

Chavez arrived in Beijing earlier in the day at the start of a trip aimed at forging stronger energy ties between the two countries. He plans to sign agreements to boost China's investment in oil-rich Venezuela with joint projects in petroleum, telecommunications, farming and railways.

He also proposed an ambitious target plan under which Venezuela — the world's No. 5 oil exporter — will almost quadruple sales to China, which wants access to Latin American energy supplies to fuel its booming economy.

"Within five years we'll arrive at half a million barrels (a day) to China. We are currently exporting close to 150,000 barrels (a day), and next year we will double that," Chavez said.

"The oil issue is of utmost importance because we are diversifying the petroleum business. We are moving toward a new petroleum model," said Chavez, speaking on Venezuelan state television from China. "It's one step more in a strategic alliance."

The Chinese Foreign Ministry said Chavez was scheduled to meet with President Hu Jintao on Thursday; and with China's No. 2 leader Wu Bangguo and Premier Wen Jiabao on Friday.

The left-leaning Chavez has strengthened ties with Beijing since taking office in 1999. He said last week that he will buy Chinese-made oil tankers and seal an oil exploration deal.

"We're going to sign a series of agreements for another leap in energy cooperation," Chavez said after arriving in Beijing.

The United States is the No. 1 buyer of Venezuelan crude, but Chavez's government has sought to sell more to other countries.

Chavez said his government would create joint ventures with two Chinese state-owned oil companies to produce and export crude from Venezuela's petroleum-rich Orinoco River basin as part of a larger energy cooperation plan.

He said agreements would be signed Thursday with China National Petroleum Corp. and China Petroleum and Chemical Corp.

Chavez said Venezuela's growing relations with China are part of his government's efforts to create a "multipolar" world to counter U.S. hegemony. He accuses Washington of bullying countries like Venezuela to keep them from developing military technology.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060823/ap_on_bi_ge/china_venezuela&printer=1

Strategic alliance huh? So I guess both countries' strategy is to undermine the US economy. That's always good. I'm working in the Industrial Bank of Venezuala building in Miami this week. The place sucks.

Angel
08-24-2006, 08:02 PM
Hmmmm.... we're selling a lot to China for the same reason.

ODShowtime
08-24-2006, 09:51 PM
That's because you and your kind don't realize how much we protect you.

Do you think it's a good idea to help make a counterbalance to our strength in the world?

Do you think it's a good idea to try to destabilize our economy and throw us into a depression so we can be taken over and enslaved?

That'll work out real well for you. We own this continent. You'd be fucked.

Big Train
08-28-2006, 03:00 AM
I've tried this logic with her before...she won't bite. Don't know what you got till it's gone...

FORD
08-28-2006, 03:42 AM
Chimpy isn't even protecting Americans, let alone Canandians.

I don't think this is Venezuela's best move though.

Chavez was willing to sell heating oil cheap to low income Americans before, and he had relief in New Orleans before the US did. If he really wanted to play it smart, he'd increase production of his oil, flood the market, and force those fucking pigs at EXXON, Texaco, Shell, BP, etc to quit inflating the prices.

If CITGO started selling gas at $1.50/gallon next week, the other greedy bastards would follow suit. They wouldn't have a choice. And when the BCE tried to invade Venezuela and accuse Chavez of being a "terraist", even dumbasses like 4morequeers would be able to see through the bullshit.

WACF
08-28-2006, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by FORD

Chavez was willing to sell heating oil cheap to low income Americans before, and he had relief in New Orleans before the US did. If he really wanted to play it smart, he'd increase production of his oil, flood the market, and force those fucking pigs at EXXON, Texaco, Shell, BP, etc to quit inflating the prices.

I would love to see that...

Angel
08-28-2006, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
That's because you and your kind don't realize how much we protect you.

You and your kind don't know how much we sell to you either. We need to diversify so that IF the US goes under financially, we still have trading partners.

LoungeMachine
08-28-2006, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Angel
You and your kind don't know how much we sell to you either. We need to diversify so that IF the US goes under financially, we still have trading partners.

Not if.....

When....

Angel
08-28-2006, 08:20 PM
We own this continent. You'd be fucked.

Keep on believing that....

LoungeMachine
08-28-2006, 08:23 PM

. We own this continent. .

Well, certainly not the mineral rights.

See: Big Oil.

And don't tell that to Mexico, they're coming back for California, Texas, and New Mexico....

And besides, can we really "own" it when we will owe so much to China and Arabia [Saudi, or otherwise?]

I hate to sound like Phil here, but I'm starting to stock up on canned goods.

That light at the end of the tunnel in Jan. '09 is a motherfucking train, bro.

ODShowtime
08-28-2006, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Angel

Yes, I do. And I'm not the one advocating to undermine my friendly neighboring country's economy.

Angel
08-28-2006, 08:55 PM
Yes, I do. And I'm not the one advocating to undermine my friendly neighboring country's economy.

Neither am I, I'm talking about PROTECTING OUR economy. The two are linked so tight, if one goes, the other will be impacted as well.

Angel
08-28-2006, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Not if.....

When....

I was trying to be polite (for a change). ;)

Big Train
08-29-2006, 01:23 AM
Whatever,

1. We ain't going under. You fundamentally fail to understand global economics if you believe that.

2. We are diversifying our energy consumption, a lot faster than anyone thinks. I could tell you about my stocks, but I'd rather you continue to "protect your enemy".

3. You fail logic if you believe the US does not materially support Canada's national security. All evidence contradicts that entirely.

LoungeMachine
08-29-2006, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by Big Train
Whatever,

I could tell you about my stocks, but I'd rather you continue to "protect your enemy".

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Whatever is right.

You talk about your "stocks" in here constantly, like your lousy investments make a fucking bit of difference in this nation's economic picture.

LMMFAO

You are the enemy. The enemy is ignorance.

ODShowtime
08-29-2006, 07:14 AM
Although it would be nice to make some spending cheese off this whole global-strife, rape the environment craze.

Big Train
08-30-2006, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Whatever is right.

You talk about your "stocks" in here constantly, like your lousy investments make a fucking bit of difference in this nation's economic picture.

LMMFAO

You are the enemy. The enemy is ignorance.

I do fuckface when they are relevant to the conversation. My alt energy stocks are making a lot of money right now precisely because of this sort of international unrest.

I'm not saying my particular holdings have any clout on a national level, please show me that I did, right, you can't. But the stocks themselves on a macro level do. Alt energy is the driver of the economy going forward, the only thing which will allow the Fedex's and Roadways of the world to continue to operate and charge a fair fee.

But yes I suppose that is ignorance to you.