PDA

View Full Version : Funny stuff...

Ellyllions
08-25-2006, 07:58 AM
Had a conversation with a friend of mine yesterday that gave me pause. She's a conspiracy theorist in the best sense of the word. Great friend, I have no qualms with the way she thinks...she's entitled.

But the conversation yesterday was particularly interesting because of how excited she was....She'd just bought a new car. Forget the type, she was excited about her OnStar....

OnStar is a great service if you need it. I find it particularly interesting in all of it's mentioned features, but even moreso for it's features that aren't mentioned. See, it's standard on some vehicles now and you're not obliged to buy into the service. And while the rest of the country is up in arms over wire-tapping and recording of bank transactions....all of those people are forgetting that if you're receiving a signal...................you have to be transmitting one as well. And it doesn't have to be subscribed to in order to transmit your location to the central office, or anyone else who happens to monitor the satellite that houses OnStar. Yeah, your cell phone does it too.

So she raved on and on about how wonderful her OnStar was and while she might not submit to the service after her trial period, she was glad that she had it until I mentioned the "Did you know?"

A while back I was having a chat with a Police Officer friend of mine who'd recently worked an accident that resulted in a fatality. He was a little miffed that he couldn't get a magistrate to grant him a warrant to seize the transmitter box for the offending vehicle. He wanted to have the recording checked to see how fast the vehicle was going when it hit the other car...According to him, the transmitter box inside new vehicles record the details of 45 days of travel at a time.

It's all just kinda funny to me I guess... The things the news reports upset us and get us up in arms. But everyday technology that we're excited about having can be used against even the most squeaky clean Americans....

binnie
08-25-2006, 09:08 AM
Is technology a liberator or another way of controlling?

Big question.

BTW, I like your new picture!!!

Cheeky girl!

LoungeMachine
08-25-2006, 09:09 AM
Interesting.

But please return to your previous avatar.

Thank you.

-Management

LoungeMachine
08-25-2006, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by binnie

Big question.

BTW, I like your new picture!!!

Cheeky girl!

I think she's wearing the same top in both. :confused:

Reminds me of a certain Seinfeld episode. :D

Nickdfresh
08-25-2006, 09:11 AM
I was hesitant to even use EZ-Pass for a while. I still am, but it's so damn convenient.

LoungeMachine
08-25-2006, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
I was hesitant to even use EZ-Pass for a while. I still am, but it's so damn convenient.

Jesus Christ Nick.

Can you stay on topic for once?

Elly's New Av. :mad:

Ellyllions
08-25-2006, 09:59 AM
Good eye Lounge, but it's not the same top. The one in the other av was a pink bar whore top. This one is a nice "mommy-style" white ribbed v-neck Tee.

You're still my boyfriend though..... ; )

Ellyllions
08-25-2006, 10:05 AM

Big question.

Are you a computer nerd Binnie?

Did you know...(this will be a hoot to see the replies) that Microsoft is programmed so that your email (if you use a Microsoft Office product to send and receive) records every single email that you send or receive?

There's a file on your hard drive that's enormous. You can't access it or delete it and eventually it will get so big that it can cause your harddrive to fail because it's keeping a record.

And I'll even go a step further....back before the Iraq war started, Russia needed to relocate some weaponry that might get in the way once the US went in. So the government hired a contractor to move the weaponry.

Guess who owned the company that moved the weapons......

Bill and Melinda Gates
:cool:

Little Texan
08-25-2006, 08:09 PM
I want to see an avatar from Elly that shows the rest of her boobs! Stop feeding us crumbs...show us your tits! :D ;) I also like the other avatar better, but could I suggest a subtle change to it? Like do a Hulk Hogan on that shirt and rip the sucker on off!

FORD
08-25-2006, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
I think she's wearing the same top in both. :confused:

Reminds me of a certain Seinfeld episode. :D

So when do we send Ally into the sauna to get the answers? ;)

blonddgirl777
08-25-2006, 10:11 PM
... please return to your previous avatar....

Don't!
This one is just fine... (I was gonna tell you that I like it).
Although, the other one was cool too... nice boobs! :p (Who was signin' them up?)

FORD
08-25-2006, 10:17 PM
Or we could send Blondgirl into the sauna, with a video camera.... :D

Coyote
08-25-2006, 10:20 PM

Big question.

In the right hands, we'll all be living in Auschwitz.
(Say no to the RFID chips, folks...)

blonddgirl777
08-25-2006, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Or we could send Blondgirl into the sauna, with a video camera.... :D

Yep, I could film everybody swetting around me! :D

blonddgirl777
08-25-2006, 10:22 PM
Uff! :o
I just corrected a spelling mistake up there, BEFORE the autograph police ticketed me!

blonddgirl777
08-25-2006, 10:26 PM
... Seinfeld episode. :D

Can "someone" tell me why Seinfeld is ALWAYS wearing the same jeans (or chinos) and white/new tennis shoes over and over again?