PDA

View Full Version : Steven Tyler Getting Beaten Up By Peter Frampton?

Unchainme
08-26-2006, 04:29 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SzKW5Iqxx7A"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SzKW5Iqxx7A" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Eh, He wouldn't be that hard to beat up in the late 70's, considering the fact that He Was really fucked up on drugs and alcohol. You can even Tell in this Clip :D.

Still Very Weird to see, Great Song though, It's from that fucked up Sgt. Peppers movie with The Bee Gees As The Beatles..

Aerosmith During The Drug Years Was one of the Greatest Rock Bands Ever IMO (Not The Greatest, Van Halen 78-84 still takes that prize.). Pick up Any album from 1973 to 1980, Great Tunes..

Coyote
08-26-2006, 04:35 PM
WTF? :D

FORD
08-26-2006, 04:47 PM
That movie almost killed Aerosmith's career. It definitely DID kill Frampton's. And only boomer nostalgia keeps the Bee Gees financially solvent. They haven't had any real new hits since that abortion of a movie either.

For the most part, those who have fucked with the Beatles catalog have paid the price for doing so. Look what happenned to Michael Jackson, and all he did was buy the publishing rights.

Unchainme
08-26-2006, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by FORD
That movie almost killed Aerosmith's career.

I disagree with that personally.

Aerosmith had been fighting with each other since they got together in 1970, 1977 was the year that it was really going down hill. When they were recording Draw The line. At The Studio that they were recording the album at, Joe Perry locked himself in a room with a gun, and kept randomly shooting things, Steven and him were constantly fighting over there wives, So there career were basically one Small Incident away from almost being over. This movie didn't seem to have a lot to do with it. It was auctually a Glass of Milk Spilled backstage in Cleveland "World Series of Rock" show, That Broke up Steven and Joe. Further sending tyler into depression and making the crowds less intrested.

That And Van Halen blew there asses off stage in 78-79, With The Joe Perry Less Line Up.

That In My Opinion destroyed them.

I got all this info from The BTM special, Except the Van Halen part, Which I read from accounts...

VAN HLN CA
08-26-2006, 08:07 PM
damn forgot this mess of a double album but Come Together was great and got me in teen trouble;

I stole that cassette becuae my folks said i couldnt have it while on vacation in Oregon. My LAPD Detective dad found it when i was out one night. Came in says whered you get this? i found it where did you find it? Outside the Gemco......led to full criminal interegation until i broke ...had to write apology to the store and some other shit, was 14 i think-for the record it wasnt worth it-sucked except for Come Together, had to have that song. My 1st single speaker boombox which played nonstop VHII, Cheap Trick Budokon and Nugent Weekend Warriors the only 3 I had and my g/f was gonna be mine when i got home with this prized music...thanks Dad!!!!

Mr. Vengeance
08-26-2006, 09:50 PM
Widely considered one of the worst movies ever made.

DrMaddVibe
08-26-2006, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
Widely considered one of the worst movies ever made.

*cough* Ishtar *cough*....a-a-a- Gigli -choo!

Douglas T.
08-26-2006, 11:38 PM
I remember riding my bike 4 miles to see this movie when it came out!

Diamondjimi
08-28-2006, 10:03 PM
Absolute shite !

What makes this more cheesier is the fact that you could hear the sound of their "scuffling" and footsteps over the music. LOL !

binnie
08-29-2006, 03:35 AM
I want some of those drugs!!!!

blueturk
08-29-2006, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by FORD
That movie almost killed Aerosmith's career. It definitely DID kill Frampton's....

It didn't help Alice Cooper either....

DlocRoth
08-30-2006, 12:22 PM
Did it help anybody at all?

Cast, crew, moviegoers? (both of em)

Unchainme
08-30-2006, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by DlocRoth
Did it help anybody at all?

Cast, crew, moviegoers? (both of em)

Earth Wind, And Fires Cover of "Got To Get You into my Life" was pretty successful its even on their Greatest Hits collection...

Aerosmith's cover of "Come Together" still gets airplay to this day, Also another album that appears on some of their greatest hits CD..

Steve Martin auctually had his Best movie ever after that year. 1979, THE JERK! Fucking great movie..

He still has a career, One could argue that Doing a flick like Cheaper By The Dozen would ruin him, But he still made money off of it...

He's the only besides Aerosmith, And Alice (Hey Stoopid, Poison etc.), that auctually made it//

rustoffa
09-18-2006, 10:34 PM
Get ready to laugh....like, alot.
:D

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ae3l9dF2UNw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ae3l9dF2UNw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Full Bug
09-18-2006, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa
Get ready to laugh....like, alot.

Damm, I want what they were smokin....
Looks like a perfect movie after dropping some acid....

Terry
09-18-2006, 11:26 PM
Man, that movie was a fucking MESS.

Stigwood thought he could do no wrong back then, but this one brought him crashing down to Earth. After this, he had to take what he could get, as hardly anyone would provide backing for him...and the result was...Grease 2.

Does anyone else remember those two guitar players who jumped off of trampolines in the late 1970s - like, that was their calling card - anyway, the make a short (and, typically, leaping) cameo in that Sgt.Pepper movie.

Just too much coke and disposable cash within the music biz/entertainment industry in the late 1970s. Led to all sorts of...stuff:

This movie
Andy Gibb
BJ and the Bear
The Knack
The Village People
Xanadu
Roller Boogie