PDA

View Full Version : Line 6 Amps

fletch
01-06-2004, 11:22 AM
I happened to buy a line 6 flextone III a few weeks ago and I must say...THE AMP IS SICK!!! go to your local store and try one out!! with all the different amp set ups you can use...and the foot controller...I threw away my rack effects and my volume and wah pedals!!! I LOVE THIS AMP!!!:D

pardo
01-06-2004, 11:42 AM
I played one about a year ago and wasn't happy with it. I was in a buddy's rehearsal space and was jamming with drums and bass, so had to turn the sucker up. When I did, it sounded synthetic and plastic. Don't know the year or modell or anything, so not much help there. It did sound decent at lower volumes though. Not tryin to poo poo your new aquisition, just givin you my experience.

I have a POD II and it sounds really good for what it is. Real easy to record with. Digital modelling has come a loooong way and is only getting better.

GAR
01-08-2004, 03:54 AM
PODS and Flextones are just simply FAST to dial into a tone but lack the low end resonance.

I believe the specs on the Emminence stock 12" speakers they use in their combos' have a value of freecone resonance of 98db/110hz which is fine for playing in the house with and linking to multi-track progs on PC such as the AWESOME Saw32, Cool EditPRO or of course Protools.

You fire up a drum n bass loop, or some VH midi's, and just play your nuts off with an easy to dial in setting.

The other upside is they are really light on a bad back which I know you got Fletch. My freind Danny is elderly and loves his Flextone for the significant weight advantage to Marshall half stacks or combos he loves yet can't haul around by himself due to his age.

The main downside I don't like is the low end frequency loss, compared to a big tubed amp and the fact I feel the Line 6 stuff isn't rated in RMS watts because they don't seem as loud side by side.. just my prefs is all.

GAR
01-08-2004, 03:55 AM
I USED to say these things sucked you know, but that was for me.

Since all these other amp modelers come out and alot of people I know or meet using them, I understand their reasons - so for my purpose they're just not for me.

Panamark
02-05-2004, 06:25 AM
Ive got the PODII. Thats a fun toy. Can get some great tones out of it, but something is missing. Its almost like you dont have that feedback control.. I havent tried their Amps at all. I just cant bring myself to changing from Marshall. Love Marshalls ! But the Line6 Pod is a great portable little unit that can turn a standard stereo system into a reasonably good sounding amp (At low volumes) cool for direct recording too.

diamond den™
02-05-2004, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
Ive got the PODII. Thats a fun toy. Can get some great tones out of it, but something is missing. Its almost like you dont have that feedback control.. I havent tried their Amps at all. I just cant bring myself to changing from Marshall. Love Marshalls ! But the Line6 Pod is a great portable little unit that can turn a standard stereo system into a reasonably good sounding amp (At low volumes) cool for direct recording too.

The LINE6 stuff is ok. They sound reasonably good. The thing I hate about them is how they are constructed.

I am too used to using Soldano, fender or Marshalls. With those amps the sound is "THERE" and they have plenty of power at low ands high volumes and the sound don't break up when you crank them.

But for home recording at low volumes and stuff the line6 is good.

I just bought a TC G-Major a couple of weeks ago, it is very good sounding processor for a reasonable amount of money.

:)

BrownSound1
02-06-2004, 05:06 PM
To me modelled amps don't "act" like a real amplifier. They're fine for recording I guess, but I'll take the real thing any day.

Cathedral
02-08-2004, 12:51 AM
Tubes, Baby!
I absolutely am ruined on Solid State amps. If it ain't got tubes in it i won't even think of turning it on.

It's hard to even find effects that you can shut off the pre-amp anymore without buying stomp boxes.

It's not like we all want a modeling rig with no balls...

pongracj
02-11-2004, 10:36 PM
I am currently running a LINE 6 Flextone 60 watt with a Floor Board foot switch. I love the sound of this amp. The one problem I have with it is when I plug my Digitech RP2000 in I need to run it through the send and recieve jack on the back. The one problem with this is when I do this it shuts off all the amp settings.

Anyways other then that I love it...

diamond den™
02-16-2004, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by fletch
I happened to buy a line 6 flextone III a few weeks ago and I must say...THE AMP IS SICK!!! go to your local store and try one out!! with all the different amp set ups you can use...and the foot controller...I threw away my rack effects and my volume and wah pedals!!! I LOVE THIS AMP!!!:D

I was playing through my TC electronics G Major and it blows away any of that LINE6, shit.

pongracj
02-16-2004, 06:41 PM
what a guy you are...

Panamark
02-17-2004, 04:48 AM
I like your setup pongracj, that four track looks pretty cool. Looks like a vintage model. Im not that familiar with the digitech, but doesnt it basically do the same thing as the Line6 processor ? Couldnt you hook it directly in line with the input of the amp ?

Its cool having a bedroom full of guitars and equipment. Im the same, I love waking up and the first thing I see is all that shit.