PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Fantasy Football 2006 Draft Review

WARF
08-27-2006, 04:19 PM
PHI SLAMMA FLAMMA

Quarterbacks- (Starter) Jake Delhomme (Backup) Ben Roethlisberger

Steve Smith and Meshawn are one of the best WR Tandem's in the league... Delhomme should put up another solid season with his numbers gettin' a boost.... Big Ben the superbowl winning Quarterback sounds more like a strong fantasy QB than what's shown statistically... needless to say he's still a very strong backup for fantasy football... we'll have to wait and see if Santonio Holmes can avoid jail for the rest of the season... but I expect only a minor increase in stats in the Pittsburgh Run orientated offense.

Grade: A -

Running Backs - Jordan, Edge, J. Jones, Dominic Rhodes

Until the Jets drafted him... The only Lamont I ever heard of was the BIG DUMMY from Sanford & Son... yeah the name doesn't sound threatening... but he finished 6th overall in points due to his recieving skills.... he's more like the upscale Garner.... Edge is gonna have another solid year.... same with Jones... and Dominic Rhodes is good 4th back as long as he's the man in Indy.... as it looks like Addel is gonna need another year before he gets a shot.

Grade: B

Wide Recievers - Chad Johnson, McCardell, Bennett, Jurevicius, Porter

Okay Johnson is a stud no doubt... and Bennett is decent... but McCardell and Jurevicius are borderline Waiver Wire fodder... Jerry Porter is perhaps the best #2 reciever in the league.... but Aaron Brooks is on the hot seat... and without a stable QB for Moss to fair well... I highly doubt Porter is gonna repeat last years numbers... If Aaron keeps his job this year... he's gotta be prepared to get sacked a billion times from Oaklands miserable O-Line!

Grade: C

Tight End - Shockey, Franks

Shockey is a top 3 TE with Manning at helm... Franks is an adequte TE to fill in the bye week...

Grade: A

Kickers - Jay Feely, Olindo Mare

Jay Feely finished 2nd in overall points last year... Mare is a washed up piece of shit.... but like I said before... will only get one week as a starter.

Grade : A -

Defense

Giants and Bengals

Giants finished 2nd overall last year in points.... the Bengals were 24th... but are improving rapidly...

Grade : B +

Overall : B

Possible Playoff contender... with a couple questions at WR... and Dominic Rhodes... can he get the job done in Indy?

WARF
08-27-2006, 04:53 PM
The Avon Lady

Quarterbacks : Culpepper & Carr

Culpepper was main player I wanted to get in this draft... I missed him... so I got revenge by drafting Hines Ward instead... lol... Anyways.. Culpepper is gonna have a big year... Look for Chambers to have a monster season... David Carr is a fucking bum... I don't really understand the logic in that one... unless Pojo wants a CLEAR starter.

Grade : A (Because Carr wouldn't play at all)

Running Backs: LT, dAVIS, Morency, Taylor
I still think LT is the best back in the league... but I have a couple major problems with lineup... two texans RB's... and Chester Taylor ability to be an every down back... so anyways... Pojo essentially will have only 3 Starting running backs... and two on the by week... one of these backs need to step up in houston... and when that is clear... pojo will need luck with one more RB.

Grade : C

Wide Recievers: Walker, TO, Burelson, Jones, Branch

I'd like to call this a turd amongst gems... TO is TO... biggest asshole off the field... but come sunday... he's a must have.... Javon Walker was a steal in the this draft.... Jones was another sleeper who could break out... and Branch is a stud... who has no team right now... Id like to see him in Philly to help McNabb... which brings me to the turd...
Nate Burelson....he shit the bed last year... and proved he will never be a #1 target... only Michael Clayton was more disapointing last year.

Grade: B +

Tight Ends : McMichael & Hilton

McMichael is a stud who finally has a QB... Hilton should be fine under Drew Brees...

Grade: A -

Defense - Seahawks & Falcons

Grade : B +

Kickers - Tynes & Longwell
Tynes was a top 5 last year.... Longwell is irrelevant...

Grade: B +

Overall: B +

Pojo is gonna make a run for the division title... my only problem is thw two Houston RB picks.

POJO_Risin
08-27-2006, 05:09 PM
alright WARF...I'm going to start with your team...

I'll do a couple more...

POJO_Risin
08-27-2006, 05:26 PM
WARF's Jetisoned...

Quarterbacks

Bledsoe, IMO, is the most overrated QB of the bunch, and am not sure how long he lasts...but...while he's in there...has TO and Glenn...one of the great tandems. Two good RB's and Two good TE's make Dallas a devastating offense...even if Bledsoe is the slowest, stubborn cunt in the league. Leftwich may not be the best QB on the team with Garrard behind him, but last year he was a sleeper, and he does have some weapons there. The most interesting thing of this duo would be to watch them in a sprint. Talk about constipation. Decent upside, but not the most solid of QB's.

RB's

McGahee, Brown, Parker and Barlow

McGahee is a great back...who unfortunately plays for the shittiest team in the east. Buffalo may be the first team in the league that has a D actually put 11 guys on the line. He'll still get his numbers, but I don't see him as a top 7 or 8 guy that many others do this year. Brown seems to be a bit overrated as well, and hasn't looked good of late. Again, if CPepp and the Dolphs continue to throw well, he'll get his yards, and scores. Parker is a flashy runner...and will rush for 1000 yards. There's just noone else behind him. The question will be durability, and Verron Haynes is pushing for times, so we'll see. Barlow...a starter now...should benefit...but behind the Jets line...not sure how much. Not the greatest backs in the world, however, a decent fantasy bunch. 3 top 20 guys there, and who knows with Barlow.

Grade: B+

WR

Moss, WARD, BEdwards, Troy Williamson and Reche Caldwell

Moss is a stud...but has more competition this year with the rejuvinated smurfs, and my belief that Brunell will end up a limp-dicked QB...Campbell could bring back the #'s though. WARD is automatic...but is beginning to have durability issues. Still, 90 receptions and 10 TD's should be legit...unless Holmes steps out this year. BEdwards may end up his best receiver down the line, if he had a passer behind him, and quit getting hurt. Troy Williamson is a stud int he making...again...Brad Johnson is his QB. Reche Caldwell...well...if Branch goes away...he will be up for the #1 spot...but how many times have you watched the Pats look for #1 and throw to...well...Brown or Watson or Graham? Decent bunch of receivers.

TE

Winslow and Klopfenstein

Winslow is absolutely the biggest sleeper IMO in the entire draft. If he's sound and healthy...he'll be the stop gap for Charlie Frye, and this kid can turn things big. I think he'll have an 80 reception year. as far as Klopf, the WARF Jew...he IS a sleeper...and I think will steal some receptions in St. Louis.

Grade: A-

Defense

Broncos and Chargers

Broncs had a great runstop D last year...and have decent return teams. I don't see them on the upswing, but they'll be good. The Chargers always seem to be overmatched, and I don't see their offense helping them out to much this year.

Kicker

Rackers and Nugent

Rackers is the best there is...and Nugent is an OSU grad with a HUGE leg...and will have plenty of opportunities...

Overall Grade: B

WARF's team is loaded...good depth...a lot depends on the QB's for his WR's and TE's...if they pan out...and his backs find a line...

then WARF COULD be the team to beat...should control the division.

POJO_Risin
08-27-2006, 05:29 PM
I'm doing Guitar Sharks next WARF..not sure who you are working on..but will wait until you post to start

WARF
08-27-2006, 05:37 PM
Last one for today I think...
My next will be the Brauma Bulls...
If I can stay awake...

POJO_Risin
08-27-2006, 05:44 PM
Shark Attack

QB's

Palmer and Vick

Carson is hurt...and I'll hold out final thoughts until tomorrow...but assuming he's 100%...he's the 2nd QB in the league behind Manning. Enough said...the injury possibility...will knock him down a bit...but he's still a top guy. Vick as your backup is outstanding. No, I wouldn't want him as my #1...but as a 2...he could be great in spot starts. Good set of QB's.

RB's

Barber, Addai, Bell and Jacobs

Barber is older...but the read deal. Addai looks good, but will share time with Rhodes whether he should or not. Not great #'s now...but down the line...as good as Edge. Bell...a part of a four headed beast? Even if not...still a lot of runners fighting for that job. Jacobs...goal-line guy and starter if Barber goes down. Can still score if Barber is playing. Decent set of backs, but ??? after Barber.

Grade: C (with upside)

WRs

Donte Stallworth, Boldin, Mike Clayton, Bobby Engram and Isaac Bruce

Stallworth is a sleeper every year. That means he never meets expectations. With a new QB, and Horn about 100 years old...this is a make or break year...just see him going from 4 years of sleeper talk to the garbage heap. Boldin is the stud of this offense. 100 receptions...1300 yards are a sure thing with Denny Green, and he's sick of Fitz getting called the best out there. Clayton was supposed to be a stud last year...fucking cunt that he is...but wasn't. Galloway is the best receiver in Tampa...but I see an upsurge in Clayton. Still a gamble however. Engram is a fucking bum, and would find a way to glue dried on his hands. Bruce is washed up...and will get injured...no matter what Troy says. I see Curtis stepping up there...but Bruce will show flashes...just depends if he's in that week.

TE's

Cooley and Scheffler

Cooley could be the best at this position in Washington. Brunell will look to him often, and with RB trouble...he'll be key in the red zone. Huge numbers this year. Scheffler is a dark horse, and will get some looks, but will only start one game here.

Def

Jaguars and Packers

Jags are tough for sure...will be a great D in this new format, and was rated #1 on my board. Packers? Suck, but who cares...they should be better.

Kickers

Graham and Scobee

Graham is the only mention here...a top 4 guy...quality leg...lots of opportunities...

Guitar has a decent enough team, but he needs a lot to happen with his RB and WR's. With some stud teams in this conference...he'll need the unfortunate misdeeds of others to get in the playoffs.

POJO_Risin
08-27-2006, 05:46 PM
Overall grade: B-

Romeo Delight
08-27-2006, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by WARF
PHI SLAMMA FLAMMA

Wide Recievers - Chad Johnson, McCardell, Bennett, Jurevicius, Porter

but McCardell and Jurevicius are borderline Waiver Wire fodder...

I think McCardel is alot more than that.

Jurevicius sure.

Damn...I should have put that wedding on hold (not mine)

POJO_Risin
08-27-2006, 07:00 PM
McCardell is the #1 guy there...should be fine...

Jurevicious will be fine...

Troy
08-27-2006, 09:05 PM
No matter what I say... Thay cuts deep. ;)

Troy
08-27-2006, 09:06 PM
I can't wait to read the review of my team. Hurry up! ;)

POJO_Risin
08-27-2006, 09:09 PM
alright Troy...

here we go...

Troy
08-27-2006, 09:14 PM
Nice!

Rebel
08-27-2006, 09:16 PM
Happy with my team for the most part, D is gonna be an issue, gonna do the D shuffle like a couple seasons ago. Pretty excited I got Dunn to help with the Dillon issue.

Warf and VA look very tough IMO.

Zoo was fun, I fed a giraffe and he took a swing at me :D

POJO_Risin
08-27-2006, 09:26 PM
The Mudflap...

QB's

Bulger and McNair

Bulger is the real deal...although his line never helps him...if he had a line...he could be a top 2 or 3 QB...but he gets beat up like a baby chimp in a gorilla cage. That being said...he has more weapons than most...and will put up good numbers...for as long as he lasts. McNair gets a rebirth...and may be the toughest Quarterback in the league. He's also out to prove something. He has great backs...if healthy...and is reunited with Mason. You could do worse than these two, although injuries may come into play here. Solid QB's, but the ?? but them down a bit.

RB's

Gore, TJones, RDroughns, Chris Brown

Okay...Frank Gore is riding the hype machine...Barlow is gone...and everyone loves him. As a college fan...I can't get out of my head the knee injuries that cost him 2 years...and made Willis McGahee. Now he's carrying the bulk again...with a line that is terrible, a QB that is getting killed, and no WR's. He may be good...but I have a feeling he's going to get the crap kicked out of him this year. TJones is awesome, but soon enough, Cedric Benson comes back...and doghouse or not...split carries are coming...even if it's only a series a quarter. Droughns is going to be the best back of this bunch IMO. He's got an okay line...and is just damn good...and now doesn't have to worry about his job. Brown? Remember a couple of years ago when he was the sleeper...and went off. Now injury prone, and has Henry and USC boy knocking at the door. Lots of ??? here. Productive maybe?...but still a bit of a shroud over this group.

GRADE: C

WR's

Holt, Smith, Mason, Muhammed and Coles

Holt is awesome, and paired with Bulger is HUGE. Big numbers here again. Smith is the best receiver in the league, and should be MORE OPEN this year. I think the guy is flat out unstoppable if you have any other option. Now Carolina has 2. Look for Smiths TD's to go up, and his yardage...while his catches are down a bit. Smith is still the best their is. Mason will be better than last year as long as McNair is healthy. Another 1000 yard season is in the offing. Muhammed COULD be the guy that surprises again...IF Grossman or Griese can be more consistent than Orton last year. I think he'll be good for a grand. Not sure why. Coles COULD be another 1,000 yard receiver. I DO think the Jets will have a decent QB...just not sure which one yet. Great Corp here...

TE's

LJ Smith and Ben Troupe

Smith is a stud, and a #1 receiver there next to Westbrook. I think he's got a Gates year in the handle...and if I didn't have CPepp...I'd have drafted him. I think Troupe is his equal...just depends on the QB situation. Great TE's here.

Defense

Cowboys and Chiefs

Cowboys should have a quick improved D...and the Chiefs have his boy Hall...Troy Rules?

I didn't pick the chiefs on purpose to see if he would...lmfao...my dumb mistake...

GRADE: A

K

Hanson and Brown

Who cares...Brown should be good...and Hanson indoors...could care a less...lmfao...

Overall?

Troy will contend for his division, and should be where he normally is...at the top. His backs pan out...and he doesn't lose

Overall Grade: B+

Sarge's Little Helper
08-27-2006, 09:26 PM
POJO rules...

his team sucks...

;)

POJO_Risin
08-27-2006, 09:29 PM
Yeah Reb...you dumb fuck...

you were another team trying to fucking draft Koren Robinson...

ALinChainz
08-27-2006, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Troy
I can't wait to read the review of my team. Hurry up! ;)

lol ... yeah!

Hurry up!

Both Pojo and WARF do a helluva a job reviewing the draft.

POJO_Risin
08-27-2006, 09:33 PM
Alright...Al...

Michigan Panthers...

POJO_Risin
08-27-2006, 09:46 PM
Michigan Panthers

QB

Brady and Warner

Brady...4,000 yards if he had a 4 midgets and a dead guy to throw too...which he will have if they let Branch go. Still...is huge. Warner...I think will remain healthy this year...not sure why...and have a HUGE year...IMO...probably the best tandem of QB's in the league.

RB

KJones, RBush, FTaylor, LMaroney

Jones is supposedly set to have a big year...I don't think so. Bush WILL have a big year, no matter what the naysayers say. He will be there 2 out of 4 downs...and have over 100 all purpose yardage a game...easy. Taylor looks good...and if healthy (he won't be), can still produce bigtime. Maroney is the sleeper of the group. Dillon never lasts...and Maroney looks good. If Dillon gets hurt, Al could have the Sleeper good backs of the league. Still, good backs...

GRADE: B- only because of part-time status of Maroney, perhaps Taylor and Bush (who could be HUGE if McCallister goes down)

WR's

Roy Williams, Andre Johnson, Antonio Bryant, Vince Jackson and Mike Williams

Roy is a stud with health issues. If healthy...a top 10 guy. Andre...hmmm...could be a breakout year with Kubiak there...I think it will be. Bryant...sucks...to frustrating to comment on. Jackson can get some PT in San Diego...but still think he is more than a year to go. Mike Williams...I was wrong about...I thought he was the real deal...right now...just don't see it. Not thrilled with these receivers. 2 have PT problems, 2 never live up to performance consistently and Roy is injury prone...but in a huge offense.

Grade: C- (sorry Al...there is an upside...but your weak piece)

TE's

Gates and Davis

Gates is the best TE in the game...has QB issues...but hey...TE's are QB saviors...and he will be HUGE...Davis...just a great sleeper. I do believe that he won't have great #'s this year because of SF...but still...a good player...and great TE's...

Def

Dolphins and Bucs

I think the Bucs are back...and the Dolphs...getting a little long in tooth...but a solid D and special teams. Decent D's here.

K

Stover and Dawson

Stover is 100 years old, and Dawson I think is a sleeper to lead the league in scoring. That said...kickers...who cares...

I think Al is a year away...

Overall score: B-

WARF
08-27-2006, 09:46 PM
Brauma Bulls

QB's

Hasselbeck/Simms

Hasselbeck finished 5th overall in points last year... and with his receivers healthy... he should pass for 3500 and 25 td's... Chris Simms is a yawn at backup... although he should have the right weapons if Michael Clayton can rebound from his nightmarish sophmore season.

RB's

Huggies/ DeAngelo Williams/ McAllister / White

LJ is putting up numbers comparable to Priest Holmes a few years ago... He's gonna be a TD machine again this year.... with a ton of yards.. Williams and White both could breakout this year... McAllister is a quality RB but is too injury prone... and isn't a fantasy factor with Reggie Bush stealin' away carries this year.

Grade : B+

WR's

Wayne/Chambers/Jackson/ Wilford/ Booker

The first three are top 10 recievers... Wayne and Jackson have been studs... but Chambers may have the best year of the lot... with Cpep onboard... Chambers for the first time in his career actually has a quality QB, his numbers should go even higher this year 1,500 yds and 10 TD's is a great possibilty... Wilford and Booker are mediocre fill in on the bye weeks... but with the first three this team is dangerous.

TE's

Stevens/Pollard

This is the bulls weakest area of the team. Don't expect an offensive explosion from Stevens who has always been a step back from the elite... Pollard is over the hill and is kinda iffy for even a backup role.

Grade: C-

Kickers

Kasey/ Kaeding

Kasey was a top 5 last year... Kaeding is respectable during the regular season and a choke artist in the post season.

Defense:

Panthers and Patriots

Carolina was ranked 3rd last year in points... Patriots were a major disapointment statistically ranking 31st overall...

Overall: B

This is a tough division anyone can win it. It's gonna come to a matter of which team can avoid injurys... and if the Core of his Wide Recievers stay healthy this team could be dangerous.

Va Beach VH Fan
08-27-2006, 09:47 PM
Hurry up you bastard !!!!

;)

Dave's PA Rental
08-27-2006, 09:50 PM
While I dont expect to get any votes, isnt it a little bit disrespectful that I didnt even get included in the GM poll that you put up Poj? I did such a bad job that I dont even get included with the other owners?

Thanks dude.

Troy
08-27-2006, 09:52 PM
Thanks Poj... I love those reviews.

POJO_Risin
08-27-2006, 09:52 PM
lmfao...I actually just changed it BEFORE I read this you cunt...

but yeah...pretty much...you suck...;)

Va Beach VH Fan
08-27-2006, 09:53 PM
LOL, that's cold.... :D

Dave's PA Rental
08-27-2006, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
LOL, that's cold.... :D

Revenge is best served cold...

ALinChainz
08-27-2006, 09:55 PM
I totally agree ... a year away ... and will need more keepers maybe.

:D

Dave's PA Rental
08-27-2006, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
lmfao...I actually just changed it BEFORE I read this you cunt...

glad I could be an afterthought for ya...

WARF
08-27-2006, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by ALinChainz
I totally agree ... a year away ... and will need more keepers maybe.

:D

You better hope McAllister goes down again this year.

POJO_Risin
08-27-2006, 10:03 PM
alright va...

last one of the night...

Confluence

QB's

Brees and Green

Brees should have an okay year...and Green is a top 10 QB. Both will be consistent, and should provide Va with decent #'s. There are obviously injury issues for Brees, but my bet is Green gets 90% of the looks here...and that should be good enough. Still...no big time receivers holds him back from big #'s.

RB's

Portis, Alexander, Green and Jones

Portis is a stud, and will be healthy soon enough. When he is...Gibbs will make sure he gets his yards...but...now there's TJ Duckett...to steal goalline carries. Alexander? Top 3 overall. Green, I don't know. I like him...but it's been so fucking long since he's been exceedingly effective. I like him...but Gado should take carries. Jones...depends on his health, as well as Taylors, but is probably a non-factor here. I'd grade this group an A...but a big step down because of the injuries.

Grade: B+ (Alexander gives this a plus...as he's worth 2 backs in some weeks)

WR's

Galloway, Smith, Lloyd, Toomer and Clayton

Galloway is a stud. People just don't realize it. Big time numbers. Smith is the #1 in Denver, although Walker is there...but still...I think Smith is the guy, and should have good #'s. Age is a factor. Lloyd is a good sleeper here...and opposite Moss...will score a bunch of points. Toomer, on the back side of a good career. Clayton, on the other side of Mason, and with a better QB...could explode this year. Not the best group in the league...with only 1 stud, but certainly, good receivers here.

Grade: B-

TE's

Miller and Clark

Wow...great group here...and he'll see days where both start. Miller will have 10 TD's this year...and Clark will have those tantalizing days with 140 yards receiving...and 10 catches...

super TE's...

Def

Redskins and Bills

Redskins are a solid group...who will be nasty...and should have great numbers. The Bills? Well...they suck...but only 1 game start should suffice...

K

Vand and the drunk

WHO CARES ABOUT KICKERS...good numbers for Colts boy...and not so much for Seb...

POJO_Risin
08-27-2006, 10:04 PM
Va's overall score...

playoff slot...not the division I don't think...and...

Score: B+

POJO_Risin
08-27-2006, 10:05 PM
It's a strong division...really going to come down to a game or 2 between all four teams...

Va Beach VH Fan
08-27-2006, 10:05 PM
Fair enough....

POJO_Risin
08-27-2006, 10:08 PM
Holy Christ...dude...you just quoted fucking Shakespeare in a fucking Football thread...

I'm about to take you out of the fucking poll again...

unless, of course...you are quoting Khan, in which case...you are fine...

and all you fucks that are voting for yourselves...are fucking queer...

POJO_Risin
08-27-2006, 10:09 PM
WARF...if you actually think McCallister being healthy keeps Bush from being a top 15 back...you are kidding yourself...

WARF
08-27-2006, 10:12 PM
Bush is gonna have Ronnie Brown numbers from last year.... with Deuce playing the Ricky Williams role.

Bush may be a top 15... but barely.

WARF
08-27-2006, 10:14 PM
Worst Pick in the draft?

5th Round Vince Young by the jungle studs. (Actually first round)

He would have been available in rounds 10-12

POJO_Risin
08-27-2006, 10:15 PM
Bush is WAY better than Ronnie Brown...and you'll see Bush at flanker on short slants...Brown can't do that...

Bush will average 100 yards receiving and rushing a week...combined...

he can do far...far more...

and will...

Dave's PA Rental
08-27-2006, 10:16 PM
Who is this Shakespeare person?

POJO_Risin
08-27-2006, 10:16 PM
I think Vince would have been around post 12...but just me...

and my final word until you retort...lmfao...on Bush and McCallister...

you'll see Bush and he in split back sets...with one or the other the decoy...

Brown and Williams never did that...

POJO_Risin
08-27-2006, 10:18 PM
fucking educators...

Dave's PA Rental
08-27-2006, 10:21 PM
Dear Warf...

This is a keeper league, right?

Whatever, dude. I thought this was for shits and giggles, but apparently we are all just supposed to buy a Fantasy Football magazine and fill out the template in the back...

WARF
08-27-2006, 10:22 PM
What do you think both backs stats will be?
Both Recieving/Rushing and TD's?

Dave's PA Rental
08-27-2006, 10:31 PM
I cant believe Pojo took Culpepper...big guy with a torn up knee, playing on slower grass, in September heat and December slop...

If it makes you feel any better Warf, I had Hines Ward as my original top pick. He went quick. I also wanted Lee Evans and knew he would be around in later rounds.

I have a good QB

I have two good RB's

I picked Young for down the road, trade bait during the second half maybe.

Still there in the 12th round? I doubt it.

Dave's PA Rental
08-27-2006, 10:32 PM
I fucking love my team. LOVE.

POJO_Risin
08-27-2006, 10:38 PM
Damn Rental...lmfao...

IT IS for kicks and giggles...you aren't new here...

lmfao...

I can't believe I took CPepp...either...

had I have known though...the way that the draft is going to go...I would have waited until the next round to take a QB...

Make no mistakes...I like my team...DON'T THINK I'll even make a play for the division...

but...with a good move or two during the year...

should make a run at a wildcard slot...

RIP AWAY ON MY TEAM...

it builds character...

POJO_Risin
08-27-2006, 10:39 PM
I LOVE YOUR TEAM TOO!!!

LOVE!!!!

WARF
08-27-2006, 10:43 PM
Don't get me wrong, Vince Young will be great...

But I promise you, Young would have been around for another 5 rounds minimal... but it's no big deal... Personally I would have tried to pick up a stud RB or WR... and take a chance that Young would be around in the laster rounds... don't forget... Eli Manning... was taken at the end of the draft... most QB's don't even breakout until their 3rd year... but like I said I think Young is gonna be a star in this league.

DlocRoth
08-27-2006, 10:46 PM
Oh oh!!!

Do me, do me!!

God, that was gay.....

ALinChainz
08-27-2006, 10:50 PM
The thing about Vince Young is ...like him or not ... he is going to play.

The owner wants him in there and the word out of Tennessee the way I understand it is that they will begin easing him in a few plays a game, and then soon taking over sometime this season.

He will run for some TDs and yards which should make up some of the lack of passing stats. being in there is half the battle.

Is he ready? I doubt it.

Is he a good pick in a keeper league? Sure.

I would have taken him, not sure when, just as I had Leinart lined up to and he went.

Would have taken C-Pep as well.

Use to play in so many leagues that I nearly had every starter on a team somewhere. When the NFL scored, I scored.

I'LL DRAFT THE WHOLE DAMN NFL IF I CAN! :D

WARF
08-27-2006, 10:50 PM
"Do you think you can do-ew-ew me"
Bel Biv Devoe

POJO_Risin
08-27-2006, 10:51 PM
Personally?...the worst pick of the draft was #1...

I mean...who in the fuck picks Kevin Brown #1

Jesus Christ...

Kevin Brown...I mean...what a fucking moron...

;)

POJO_Risin
08-27-2006, 10:53 PM
Did I just say Kevin Brown?

lmfao...

now...the fucking former starter for the Marlins and the Dodgers is playing running back...

christ...I've been up to fucking long...

WARF
08-27-2006, 10:54 PM
Kevin Jones lmao!!

Sometimes I think Al's loyality to Detriot teams.... keeps him out of the playoffs sometimes. LOL

Atleast he gave up on Charles Rogers. lol

POJO_Risin
08-27-2006, 10:54 PM
KEVIN FUCKING JONES...MOTHERFUCKERS...

fuck it...

Personally...I'd have gone Papali far before Young...

or perhaps Vince Vaughn...he was good in dodgeball...

WARF
08-27-2006, 10:55 PM
Atleast you didn't say Kwame Brown!

ALinChainz
08-27-2006, 10:55 PM
lmfao ...

ALinChainz
08-27-2006, 10:56 PM
I saw a LION ... he was standing alone ...

I drafted him.

WARF
08-27-2006, 11:03 PM
Detriot is loaded with Recievers...
But is Mike Williams gonne be a third down reciever?

ALinChainz
08-27-2006, 11:05 PM
He and Rogers both on the bubble if you can believe it.

They are being put through the ringer ... having to earn any playing time ... the coddling bullshit ... good or bad .. is over.

Romeo Delight
08-27-2006, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Dave's PA Rental
I cant believe Pojo took Culpepper...big guy with a torn up knee, playing on slower grass, in September heat and December slop...

I wanted him, but I didn't want my personal biases to affect the draft.

He will have a career year I think. Chambers too.

Fairwrning
08-28-2006, 06:26 AM
WOW..I am actually shocked at WARF's review of my team..just figured I would get ripped for the D'angelo Williams pick that early..
I took ALOT of chances..Williams/Mcallister/White..
I could be loaded(with some injuries to certain starters)..or I will be in the same boat as last year..time will tell

Fairwrning
08-28-2006, 06:27 AM
Haven't really looked at all rosters yet..but I will when I get home tonight..

POJO_Risin
08-28-2006, 01:33 PM
wrning...all in all, I think your team is much better at the start of this year than last year...

still a lot of ????...but less IMO...than last year...

Williams was to early IMO...but...if Foster goes down...you'll again get my vote as GM of the year from a draft perspective. If Bush gets hurt (and I don't know why I think that...but I do), than McCallister is a top 10 guy.

White WILL be the goalline guy there...and IMO...is their best back...

you COULD have the best backs by the END of the year...which is key...

POJO_Risin
08-28-2006, 01:35 PM
Williams is a great back...but we must not forget...as shifty as he is...he IS undersized...but strong...

I'm not convinced that he can handle it as the main guy...but could...COULD...be very good behind that line...

As for CPepp...

I think he's a round 1 guy this year...but a gamble nonetheless...

we shall see.

I would love to have a GREAT QB....

POJO_Risin
08-28-2006, 01:38 PM
My problem this year is I don't like taking a QB until the 6th round...have done it every year...and usually you can get the 4th or 5th best QB there...or close to there...

this year...there were something like 10 guys kept...so I decided on McNabb...until that fucker Vonntreal took him...lmfao...

so I centered on CPepp and Delhomme. Delhomme can be frustrating...as he can throw for 350 on week...but have 3 INT's...or a fumble...

then follow it up with a dud.

So I went with the guy that would have gone in the first 2 rounds last year.

Guitar Shark
08-28-2006, 02:20 PM
My B- team is gonna stomp all over you fuckers!!

POJO_Risin
08-28-2006, 02:30 PM
Oh shit...I need to fill that fucking league...lmfao...

POJO_Risin
08-28-2006, 04:10 PM
Alright...time for the Jungle Studs...

POJO_Risin
08-28-2006, 04:26 PM
Jungle Studs

QB

Eli Manning, Vince Young

The ONLY reason why I question the Vince Young pick is because Eli Manning is perhaps one of the four or 5 best keepers in the league...potentially. He's going to start all but one game this year for the Studs...and that's good enough for me. As much as Rental is confident that Young will start by week 5...of that I'm not so sure. Will he start this season? Yes. By week 5? Possibly. Volek can be good though, so it could be a 2nd half of the year kind of thing. Either way, Manning is a stud with a bunch of weapons...and he WILL get better every year.

RB's

Westbrook, SJax, Benson and Norwood

Westbrook is a fantasy stud. And if he's healthy...he's a top 5 back because of his receptions and the #1 target in Philly. He isn't very durable however. SJax is a virtual Edge clone...but much more of a Dickerson, upright runner. Jax ISN'T Dickerson, and he has some injury issues as well...but now...I think Jax is the unquestioned focus of the O...so a big season is in the offing. Benson was a HUGE steal post 10. I was planning on taking him the same round...but he beat me to him. Benson WILL be the starter by week 8, and maybe even week 5. Norwood is nearly a Dunn clone...and Dunn has a penchant for breaking down. Could be a starter by year's end.

Backs: B (although if Benson starts, this gets an upgrade)

WR's

Moulds, Evans, Brown, Bradley, CWilson

Okay, I'm not crazy about your receivers. Moulds is washed up, but will be a good target for Carr as a possession guy. With Andre J there, that's where most of the looks are though, and they also nabbed Jeb Putzier. Evans is a bona fide stud in the making...just doesn't have the offense behind him yet...is probably a year or 2 away. Brown will get a look in Philly, but it's so hard to say there what's going to happen with WR's. I suspect they'll be looking to LJ and Westbrook or Moats most often. Bradley? I don't like Bears' receivers. Griese could change that...but Grossman is Grossly overrated. Finally, CedWilson...really coming on for Pittsburgh, but should be usurped as the #2 by mid season if Holmes stops raping and pillaging Pittsburgh. Of course...WARD is injury prone...so that may not make a difference...although Hinsey does play through...a lot has to happen for this group to be consistently effective.

Grade: D

TE's

Alex Smith, Ben Watson

I knew he'd take Watson...who would be better than Gates if NE didn't spread the ball around...or have Dan Graham. If Branch does go elsewhere...I think you can add 2-4 catches a game to Watson, and he becomes another TE superstar. Smith is similar...and would probably be a TD machine, if Alstott would retire for fuck's sake. Good TE's.

Def:

Bears and Colts

Both are top 5 units, and Rental is locked and loaded this year. Sneakiest position of them all right here....

K

Elam, Gramatica

I HATE KICKERS!!! Gramatica is gone in NE...isn't he? Elam is one of the best...just need a bye week kicker...

Overall Team Grade: B-

If the receivers are better than I think...Va and Troy will have someone runnin' with them. Of course...I believe both WC's came from this division, so maybe it won't matter.

DlocRoth
08-28-2006, 05:51 PM
Cmon....dontcha want to shit all over my team?
:)

Rebel
08-28-2006, 07:26 PM
I'm pretty pumped, I like my team, outside of the D issues, I kinda fucked up the prerank on that end, just praying Dunn holds up all year to make up for Dillon. If they both were to have big years with Rudi, that would be really great. Got a stud WR, and a bunch of good ones, very deep going into the season for the first time, I usualy have to build those up oer the year. I think Heap may the the #1 TE if McNair holds up, he's like a manchild, even with Boller out there. Don't forget Gump of course lol :D

Rebel
08-28-2006, 07:29 PM
Not very deep at RB though, gotta have either Dillon or Dunn hold up and have good seasons, or one have a big first half and the other a good second, something like that. Could bite me.

Brad Johnson is on my team, jesus lol. He's consistent, just cant stand him, get sick of those 3yd passes.

D will be an issue the whole way, gonna have to look at week to week matchups on that.

I like my kickers, my prerank musta did that and sacrificed my D.

Dave's PA Rental
08-28-2006, 07:45 PM
Jungle Studs

TE's

Alex Smith, Ben Watson

I knew he'd take Watson...

I couldnt wait to get Watson...;) (hey, at least I didnt snag him with my first pick...)

Dave's PA Rental
08-28-2006, 07:47 PM
By the way, I give myself a C- for overall draft grade, because I needed WR's, and I seriously gambled on my WR picks.

Vince Young will get me a another stud RB by seasons end. Maybe from you, Poj. ;)

Va Beach VH Fan
08-28-2006, 08:08 PM
I'll give ya Greg Jones from Jacksonville....

Von Halen
08-28-2006, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Rebel
Not very deep at RB though, gotta have either Dillon or Dunn hold up and have good seasons, or one have a big first half and the other a good second, something like that. Could bite me.

Dunn is way to inconsistent.

POJO_Risin
08-28-2006, 10:21 PM
Dunn's inconsistencies are the offense...not him...

if he doesn't split time with Norwood...he'll be fine...

Fairwrning
08-28-2006, 10:34 PM
who is winning the poll..I cant see it..I havent voted

Von Halen
08-28-2006, 10:45 PM
Dunn's inconsistencies are the offense...not him...

if he doesn't split time with Norwood...he'll be fine...

Whatever the problem is, he has inconsistent numbers from week to week.

POJO_Risin
08-28-2006, 10:56 PM
It's because TJ Duckett used to get to many series...change of pace I guess...trying to make sure Dunn last...

if he's got a knock...it's durability...

DlocRoth
08-28-2006, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Fairwrning
who is winning the poll..I cant see it..I havent voted

I always vote for WARF by default....

Just cuz he always implodes. :)

POJO_Risin
08-28-2006, 11:37 PM
I think WARF and Rebs are tied with 2 votes each...

Fairwrning
08-28-2006, 11:37 PM
no..just gave Reb his 3rd

DlocRoth
08-28-2006, 11:38 PM
Really?

When did Reb go into auto draft mode?

12:02? LOL

POJO_Risin
08-28-2006, 11:43 PM
Yep...lmfao...

and of course...there was the Koren Robinson fiasco...

Rebel
08-29-2006, 12:37 AM
Yep...lmfao...

and of course...there was the Koren Robinson fiasco...

sorry bout that, I thought I had put him at the bottom lol. what a loser that guy is.

who's gonna grab George???

Rebel
08-29-2006, 12:39 AM
far as Dunn goes, he'll never be a goaline back, unfortunate for me.

His numbers fluctuate as Vick's play does, which is quite a bit, if they're playing ahead, he usually puts up good stats. I think he was a steal where I got him for sure.

he ain't gonna make a championship, but he sure won't hurt it. Norwood will get some touches, most underrated RB in the draft, even where he went. If it weren't for Bush, I'd say he's the best, even though he played in fuckin Hickville, Cow Country USA (MSU).

Rebel
08-29-2006, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by DlocRoth
Just cuz he always implodes. :)

I always fuckin love his team lol. I remember year before last, he started out something like 0-5, then just blew up, last year was the exact opposite.

I'm looking for him to put it together this year..............maybe ;)

WARF
08-30-2006, 10:54 PM
D's Egg Sandwiches

QB's

Brooks & Farve

Aaron Brooks has the targets in Oakland, no doubt... But it's only a matter of time before he loses the starting the job... and with Jeff George being signed this week... the raiders are gettin' desperate. Brett Farve is way over the hill... he'll have another 3,000 yard season and over 20 td's... but he'll equal that in picks...

Grade: D-

RB's FOSTER/LEWIS/ BARBER/ANDERSON

It's quite possible that all of these running backs won't be starters by mid season. This is the most pathetic group of backs this year. I'd get more into detail... but it will piss off Dameon!

Grade: F

WR- Randy Moss and a bunch of bums

Randy is the only good receiver he has... but he has no QB... so another sub-par season is in store for him. Terry Glenn is a good number two... but TO will take away alot of looks and possible TD's... but Glenn was never a redzone threat. TJ Housh is a decent number 2... I'll take that back he's not a bum... but he is under the shadow of Chad Johnson... he'll get 1,000 with a Healthy Palmer and and about 6 0r 7 TD's. Kevin Curtis is a piece of crap... with terrible hands and mediocre run route... I'd rather have that little black cartoon CURTIS from the sunday comics.

Grade: D+

TE- Putzier/Witten

You know your team is in trouble when the TE's are your highlight... Witten is a top 5 TE... and serious redzone threat... Putizer is good relief for a backup TE.

K- Reed/Bryant

The both fucking suck... end of story

Grade: F

Defense: Pittsburgh/Vikings

Pittsburgh will be dominate this year defensively... Vikes are a top 10 according to ESPN... even though they give up a ton of yards.

Overall: I think Dameon is a fucking cool person, but his team fucking sucks my ass... he needs major wire pickups to have any chance of getting out of last place.

Grade : D

DlocRoth
08-30-2006, 11:10 PM
Thanks WARF!!

See you in the Toilet Bowl this year!!

But you're right. I shouldn't have been playing Grand Theft Auto during the draft....drunk.

I probably shoulda just lit a $20 on fire instead.

WARF
09-01-2006, 09:46 PM
You were playing GTA while drafting? lol
Not good...

DlocRoth
09-01-2006, 09:50 PM
Yeah...fucking Liberty City Stories....

Was playing it Sunday morning....paused it when I got into the draft room at 11:30...

Got bored and turned the bitch back on....

What a moron. LOL

WARF
09-01-2006, 10:45 PM
Did the computer pick for you by accident?

DlocRoth
09-02-2006, 09:45 AM
No, I picked em.

I just wasn't paying enough attention to who was out there.

My head was in my ass....again. LOL

POJO_Risin
09-02-2006, 05:40 PM
DDavis on the IR for the year...wasted motherfucking sleeper...

fuck...

oh shit...wait...that must be my Holtz smokescreen...

Va Beach VH Fan
09-02-2006, 07:43 PM
Tough break Poj....

But if I know you, you've still got more Holtzisms up your sleeve... ;)

POJO_Risin
09-03-2006, 03:17 PM
Attention!

Va Beach won the league last year...

that is all...

Va Beach VH Fan
09-03-2006, 03:40 PM
I keep forgetting that part.... ;)

Fairwrning
09-03-2006, 03:52 PM
Didn't Va. have healthy backs last year;)

POJO_Risin
09-03-2006, 03:53 PM
Yeah...he did...and he will again this year...

the portis deal is gonna be overplayed...