PDA

View Full Version : Ga. Team Wins L.L. World Series!!!

rustoffa
08-28-2006, 07:34 PM
Ga. Team Wins L.L. World Series

The team from Columbus, Ga., has won the Little
League World Series, beating Kawaguchi City, Japan, 2-1.

Kyle Carter strikes out 11!!

Fairwrning
08-28-2006, 07:45 PM
Wait a sec..they moved the game time up??..It was supposed to start at 8

Fairwrning
08-28-2006, 07:47 PM
What an upset ..no shit??
Japan was lookin unbeatable..and had their best pitcher scheduled to start

Va Beach VH Fan
08-28-2006, 08:00 PM
Wow, just saw the highlights...

That's pretty surprising, I saw both of those teams play last Saturday...

GA didn't impress me too much, obviously a very good Little League Team, but Japan was outstanding fundamentally...

Looked from the highlights that the Japanese were unnaturally swinging at some bad balls as well...

Oh well, congrats to the Georgia boys....

Fairwrning
08-28-2006, 08:03 PM
Just now showing the game on ESPN2...

Fairwrning
08-28-2006, 08:09 PM
That was pretty cool..leadoff hitter for Japan..takes the first pitch..then steps out..looks at the 3rd base coach and nods with a grin like.."damn, this kid throws fast"...

Fairwrning
08-28-2006, 08:11 PM
Kyle Carter is solid..this kid will make the bigs

Va Beach VH Fan
08-28-2006, 09:03 PM
Well, he might....

But remember, there's a big transition between Little League and Senior League...

45 foot mound versus 60 foot mound...

60 foot basepaths versus 90 foot bases...

Bigger bats on more talented kids....

My son is moving up to Junior League this fall, I'm looking forward to seeing him adjust....

rustoffa
08-28-2006, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Fairwrning
Kyle Carter is solid..this kid will make the bigs

Sorry for the spoiler. Pretty nasty stuff in the 5th....unbelievable.

Fairwrning
08-28-2006, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
Well, he might....

But remember, there's a big transition between Little League and Senior League...

45 foot mound versus 60 foot mound...

60 foot basepaths versus 90 foot bases...

Bigger bats on more talented kids....

My son is moving up to Junior League this fall, I'm looking forward to seeing him adjust....

You will be surprised how easy it will be for him..I thought the same with my son..

Fairwrning
08-28-2006, 09:34 PM
I mean, as far as the field size...My son was decent but he got discouraged when he got cut from the HS team and quit playing..

Fairwrning
08-28-2006, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa
Sorry for the spoiler. Pretty nasty stuff in the 5th....unbelievable.

yeah..that kinda sucked..lmao

Fairwrning
08-28-2006, 09:45 PM
Fuck..now we are bringing back memories..I was a damn good ball player..shortstop..started for every team I played on thru sandlot, middle school and High School...went to a city school that got NO attention in baseball..didnt have the grades or drive to pursue college ( or money for that matter)..so I went straight to work after graduation..to this day..It is probably my biggest regret ...that I never even tried a walk-on somewhere..I remember the Cinn Reds having them fairly close by...
Granted, 1 in a thousand+ ever see the bigs..but I wish I woulda at least tried..
I guess knowing I wouldnt have the 2 kids I have now is the thing that makes it tolerable..
Damn..that was almost a depressing story

Fairwrning
08-28-2006, 09:46 PM
Wow..ALL..I mean ALL..the Japanese kids are in tears here with the game on the line..

Fairwrning
08-28-2006, 09:47 PM
I mean BALLING..

madraoul
08-28-2006, 10:35 PM
Sorry, but I just started following this. Great job kids! It's good to see the good guys win every once in a while. Hopefully, Kyle Carter is kicking back and having a few brews and listening to classic VH. I doubt if he even gets carded.

What's up with the 6 foot 8 guy? All I could think about was being in Little League and throwing up and in high hard ones at his friggin huge melon.

rustoffa
08-28-2006, 10:40 PM
I mean BALLING..

Noone could make the translation...probably the cummulative effect of 5 southern-drawl innings.

"jes calm down....git out dere and bring it home now..."

Fucking killer.

Va Beach VH Fan
08-29-2006, 05:34 PM
Fuck..now we are bringing back memories..I was a damn good ball player..shortstop..started for every team I played on thru sandlot, middle school and High School...went to a city school that got NO attention in baseball..didnt have the grades or drive to pursue college ( or money for that matter)..so I went straight to work after graduation..to this day..It is probably my biggest regret ...that I never even tried a walk-on somewhere..I remember the Cinn Reds having them fairly close by...
Granted, 1 in a thousand+ ever see the bigs..but I wish I woulda at least tried..
I guess knowing I wouldnt have the 2 kids I have now is the thing that makes it tolerable..
Damn..that was almost a depressing story

Pretty much my situation as well...

All-Star pitcher/outfielder from 8 to 19, before I went in the Navy in '83....

In PA, from time to time they would hold "open tryouts", which technically meant anyone could attend, but really they only wanted the kids that they invited...

I had a few of those, of course the Pirates' one being the most memorable to me...

Chuck Tanner was there, he had me take some swings as a lefty, he said I had a real good swing....

Basically, all of the tryouts would check your speed from home to first, outfielders would check their arms from center to home, and then they had a scrimmage... They always said, "we can teach you to hit if we need to"...

I kick myself in the ass all the time bro...

I didn't pursue college at all, our family didn't have the cash for it, and I didn't get any scholarship offers....

But if I would have known the big leagues need for lefty pitchers, I probably would have given it more of a shot..

Oh well, such is life...

Fairwrning
08-30-2006, 06:34 PM
Good story Va...and I can see where they would tend to overlook somebody that didnt have an invite...I like the "teach ya to hit.." mentality...that was my weakest point..hitting...did a little pitching and catching and loved catching..fuckin LOVED it..
Anyway..The Carter kid..being a lefty pitcher..has a great shot if he protects that arm..great fundamentals in the field..just a natural ballplayer..

Va Beach VH Fan
08-30-2006, 08:55 PM
Well, I believe they also said that about Danny Almonte, but he went undrafted after 30 rounds in '05....

Fairwrning
08-30-2006, 10:14 PM
What about the kid from Boynton beach,Fl. a coouple years back..cant remember the name..blasted the longest HR i have seen in the LLWS

Fairwrning
08-30-2006, 10:15 PM
Didn't 1 kid years back go 5-5 with 5 HR's..big black kid..talkin 70's

Va Beach VH Fan
08-31-2006, 06:29 PM
Yeah, his fucking name was Lloyd McClendon....

Yeah, that one....