PDA

View Full Version : Iranian President Challenges Bush to a Debate

LoungeMachine
08-29-2006, 10:15 AM
August 29, 2006

ABC News

Iranian President Wants to Debate Bush

President Ahmadinejad of Iran Challenges U.N. Security Council Authority, Wants to Debate Bush

Ahmadinejad defiant, challenges Bush to TV debate
By ALI AKBAR DAREINI

TEHRAN, Iran Aug 29, 2006 (AP)— President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Tuesday challenged the authority of the U.N. Security Council as Iran faces a deadline to halt its uranium enrichment and he called for a televised debate with President Bush on world issues.

The Security Council has given Iran until Thursday to suspend enrichment, a process that can produce either fuel for a reactor or material for weapons.

"The U.S. and Britain are the source of many tensions," Ahmadinejad said at a news conference. "At the Security Council, where they have to protect security, they enjoy the veto right. If anybody confronts them, there is no place to take complaints to."

But Iran has refused any immediate suspension, calling the deadline illegal.

Nickdfresh
08-29-2006, 10:44 AM
It would be like Dumb and Dumber...

FORD
08-29-2006, 11:15 AM
http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/a/-/bush_wood.jpg

"I own a timber company? That's news to me. Anybody need some wood?" - Chimpy, the 2nd 2004 debate

Nickdfresh
08-29-2006, 12:23 PM
I'd still like to see Ahmadinejad finish his interview with Mike Wallace. The shithead kept owning himself in Farsi, and his advisors cut off the interview.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
08-29-2006, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by FORD
http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/a/-/bush_wood.jpg

"I own a timber company? That's news to me. Anybody need some wood?" - Chimpy, the 2nd 2004 debate

Say what you will abut that line, for many undecideds that WON Bush points. It was folksy, and avoided the testiness he exhibited from the first debate.

Oh, and by the way, Kerry's claim was MISTAKEN. Factcheck.org (not .com, as we alll know) had erroneously made that claim the year before, which is where Team Kerry got the info from.

Ford, it would have been funnier had you cited maybe the eloquence of "You Forgot Poland!" or the weird extra-large computer chip/marionette strings that was sticking out of Bush's suit.

LoungeMachine
08-29-2006, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE

Ford, it would have been funnier had you cited maybe the eloquence of "You Forgot Poland!" or the weird extra-large computer chip/marionette strings that was sticking out of Bush's suit.

Notice how much he stumbles over his sentences since KKKarl had to remove Chimp's receiver?

:D

Dr. Love
08-29-2006, 06:46 PM
Nothing I love more than watching idiots try to speak english. Televise this motherfucker.

FORD
08-29-2006, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Love
Nothing I love more than watching idiots try to speak english. Televise this motherfucker.

You mean Ahmadinejad, or Chimpy? ;)

LoungeMachine
08-29-2006, 08:07 PM
Jesus, talk about lobbing softballs.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
08-29-2006, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Jesus, talk about lobbing softballs.

Yeah, I'd like to lob YOUR soft balls, baby....