PDA

View Full Version : SuperNOva Rockstar-over b4 starting!!!

binnie
08-30-2006, 07:17 AM
I can't see that been true.

Tommy clearly likes Lucas, but I'm not too sure about Newsted, who is on his case big time.

also, the point about him "fitting in" well on the road seems like bullshit. On the behind the scenes show when they were doing interviews, Lucas was the housemate that the others claimed was the most difficult to live with, and Newsted was there to see all of that, plus see Lucas sulk at an interviewer.

He clearly wasn't happy and stated that interviews were "all about the representation" of the band.

Magni or Ry blow Lucas away anyway (as far as the guys go), but Supernova has to pick one of the chicks, they are way better this season.

Ellyllions
08-30-2006, 07:24 AM
Well, no matter what Navarro says, last year's show "Elvis" (JD) was the sure win from the moment INXS started ragging on him.

Once he was announced as the winner it all made sense. It's a reality show and there has to be drama to keep the audience involved. JD was serving that drama up in mass porportions throughout the show. One day he sang awful, one day he went to a clinic without practicing, one day he spouted off at the mouth, etc. etc. etc...

The band kept saying that they wanted a fresh start, and yet JD could sound just like Hutchence when he wanted to...so when he was announced the winner...I felt we'd all been duped.

I despise Navarro, and Lee...so to say I haven't watched this run is a given. But mark my words, the underdog will be the winner. The very one you have been thinking should've gone home a long time ago will end up being the front person for this conglomeration.

And then they'll release that one song that I heard in the previews and the Georgia Satellites will sue them for stealing a guitar riff.

binnie
08-30-2006, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Ellyllions

And then they'll release that one song that I heard in the previews and the Georgia Satellites will sue them for stealing a guitar riff.

Ha Ha!!!!

That's just clicked in my head now you've said it!

It's actually a pretty decent show, way better than it looks on paper.

I don't think that anyone is under the illusion that this is a long term thing.....

(except maybe Gilby Clarke, who needs a job)

Ellyllions
08-30-2006, 09:03 AM
I could stomach the fingerless glove wearing prince-wannabe Navarro last season. But two shows with Lee was all I could stand of this season.

Navarro is such a cretin.

Douglas T.
08-30-2006, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Ellyllions

That's a spin off of the Hooligans riff!
Lukas will not even be in the last three!

Mr. Vengeance
08-30-2006, 11:33 AM
Fucking reality TV drivel....

Tommy should worry about Crue. Gilby worry about whatever he's going to do. Jason should be trying to find a guitarist for the band he's been in FOR YEARS NOW, Canada's own Voivod, seeing as how they just put out an album and if they want to tour they'll need to replace dead member Denis D'Amour.

Stupid Supernova crap......

DlocRoth
08-30-2006, 12:19 PM
If it's about drama, give it to the hag with the tats....

She can sing.

sadaist
09-01-2006, 12:55 AM
Navarro totally contradicts himself.

"the band can throw out whoever they want for whatever reason they want. They can also save whoever they want. Hell, they don't even need reasons!"

Then he ends with:

"Tonight is the night, if ever there was one, to VOTE!!!"

Uh, why? You just said the band can do whatever they want regardless of my vote. By the way, would you mind if I ask Carmen out?

binnie
09-01-2006, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by sadaist

By the way, would you mind if I ask Carmen out?

You'd have to beat me too it!

binnie
09-01-2006, 04:07 AM
I am enjoying the show, but I'm not taking the band seriously.

Tommy Lee is an awesome drummer, no question about that.

Gilby is average at best - he can play with feeling when he wants to, and has some great groove. But he has limited technique.

It's a TV show, not a band.