PDA

View Full Version : Worst Live Band You've Seen?

binnie
08-31-2006, 08:08 AM
Who sucked major dogs balls?

Worst I've ever seen was Good Charlotte - saw them almost by accident at a festival about three years ago and had no idea who they were.

They couldn't even stay in time, let alone sing in key!

Awful, awful live band.

Followed closely by The Offspring. Saw them open for ACDC about five years ago - their sound was so thin that they came over like a pop band: I was waiting for dance routines!

Ellyllions
08-31-2006, 08:13 AM
Rascal Flatts.

I've only been to two Country Music shows in my whole life. This show was a spur of the moment, nothing else to do, and I like one song by them.

Horrible.

I wasn't sure if it was a Country Show or a New Kids on the Block show.

binnie
08-31-2006, 08:33 AM
Rascal Flatts is an awful name!!

Ellyllions
08-31-2006, 08:36 AM
I will say the place was full of eye-candy for my men though.

If you want to see scantily clad, very pretty women....go to a Rascal Flatts show.

My son was dialing his friends like crazy and taking lots of photos with his phone. LOL! Hubby tried to be coy but I told him..."Go ahead honey, I'm looking too."

Jérôme Frenchise
08-31-2006, 08:49 AM
The worst gig for me was when I saw Nada Surf "top" a festival in the north of France 6 years ago...
What a bunch of dull fags, really!
All I got from them was "nada". :D

VanJay011379
08-31-2006, 09:21 AM
Brides of Destruction (Nikki Sixx from Motley Crue and Tracii Gunns from LA Guns) in 2004.

Noisy and out of key.

Panamark
08-31-2006, 09:34 AM
Im assuming we are talking known bands here....

Im expecting flack for this one...

Motorhead...

At the local Rollerskating rink when I was 16.
The acoustics of the hall definately didnt help.
But that shit was painful.....

I couldnt understand anything, the drums. guitar,
bass, lemmy..... it was loud as fuck and
uninterpretable.....

I *think* they played some tunes I liked from their albums..
But fucked if I could figure it out what they were playing..
Ive heard Sid Vicous live recordings that had better clarity....

I got to talk to Lemmy after this gig, and he Rocked !
Funniest and Friendliest Rock dude Ive ever had the
pleasure to meet...

Matt White
08-31-2006, 09:42 AM
van hagar

I know...sad admission....

TERRIBLE

MONSTERS OF ROCK...EVH was crocked...Spam was ANNOYING as FUCK...

First time I remember spam trying to sing DAVE songs...half the audience walked out....out of a 80,000 seat arena...THE SILVERDOME........

At least METALLICA KICKED ASS

Panamark
08-31-2006, 09:47 AM
Ahhhh..

I saw a good part of Live without a net at some
genetic throwback party...

Thats really bad... Really bad that it was released
as "Van Halen" if it was released as REO Hagarwagon,
it would have been ok (I guess).
But when somebody says watch my live Van Halen video,
and its not Van Halen.. Boy thats a major smash in
the face...

You know, Im wondering if there are Sammy mentality dudes
out there now, who think Guns & Roses are still Guns & Roses ??

binnie
08-31-2006, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
Im assuming we are talking known bands here....

Im expecting flack for this one...

Motorhead...

At the local Rollerskating rink when I was 16.
The acoustics of the hall definately didnt help.
But that shit was painful.....

I couldnt understand anything, the drums. guitar,
bass, lemmy..... it was loud as fuck and
uninterpretable.....

I *think* they played some tunes I liked from their albums..
But fucked if I could figure it out what they were playing..
Ive heard Sid Vicous live recordings that had better clarity....

I got to talk to Lemmy after this gig, and he Rocked !
Funniest and Friendliest Rock dude Ive ever had the
pleasure to meet...

Well atleast you got to meet Lemmy even though the gig sucked!!

mako_kimura
08-31-2006, 05:43 PM
Worst band I've ever seen was probably Atreyu at Ozzfest recently. The guitarists had their amps way too fucking loud and the singer damn near lost his voice from screaming so much. Because of that, the drummer (who usually sings the chorus) had to take over, and he whines. Plus the bass was non existent and Dan's guitar went out of tune twice

Mr. Vengeance
08-31-2006, 06:17 PM
Poison.

As far as unknown bands, in 1984, VH, for some reason had a rockabilly band called The Velcros open for them at the Montreal Forum. We booed those losers off the stage within minutes.

blonddgirl777
08-31-2006, 06:21 PM
The Sisters Of Mercy... by far.
People where booing, cursing them out, throwing stuff at them etc...
Pretty abusive!

Eyes of the Night
08-31-2006, 07:36 PM
Whomever opened for VH in 95':o ... at the Gorge in George, Washington ...

DlocRoth
08-31-2006, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
van hagar

TERRIBLE

First time I remember spam trying to sing DAVE songs...half the audience walked out....out of a 80,000 seat arena...THE SILVERDOME........

Nail. Head.:monekyr:

Va Beach VH Fan
08-31-2006, 09:11 PM
Well, out of fairness, I'll exclude any opening bands....

I'd have to say Deep Purple...

Outside of "Smoke on the Water", it blew goats....

Terry
08-31-2006, 09:47 PM
KISS in 1985, on the Asylum tour. Tickets and ride to the show were free, so I went. Pretty much knew all the songs on the setlist, so it wasn't a case of just not being familiar with the tunes either.

It was a Sunday night, weather outside was shitty, 10,000 + arena was about half-full at best. Black And Blue opened with an uninspiring set. KISS weren't any better. Gene had the stage presence of a sack of shit, minus the sack; came off like he was bored by the whole thing. Paul Stanley sounded okay, vocally. The guitars sounded like shit. The standout was Eric Carr, who seriously rocked live, and had one of the largest drumsets onstage I've ever seen: pretty much Spinal Tap in its proportions.

The one standout moment of suckitude of that shitty show was when KISS encored with "Won't Get Fooled Again". Stanley and Kulick had worked out the synth parts on their guitars, but since their guitars sounded like shit anyway (just WAY too much high-end EQ), it just made the whole thing sound godawful.

binnie
09-01-2006, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by blonddgirl777
The Sisters Of Mercy... by far.
People where booing, cursing them out, throwing stuff at them etc...
Pretty abusive!

I can imagine that would have been awful......

LoungeMachine
09-01-2006, 10:41 AM
Led Zep and/or The Stones.

Both in the old King Dome.

Zep was around 76-77, I was 14 i think.

Stones were 79 or 80.

Both terrible shows from both performance and sound standpoints.

[and opening acts shouldnt count, that's like bitching about the trailers they show before the movie]

Diamondjimi
09-01-2006, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Eyes
Whomever opened for VH in 95':o ... at the Gorge in George, Washington ...

95 ?!!!!

You paid $$$ to see Van Hagar ?
Worst show I've seen (and subsequently walked out of )... Black Label Society - Stronger than Death tour in Toronto. The sound was fuckin mush. Zakbag Nugent , downtuned to B making horsey squeals and spitting up in the air and wearing it was enough to bail . I could'nt dissern one song from other. It all sounded the same .
The dudes a one trick pony who also thinks his band is a biker gang ...LOL !
We split after 6 tunes and headed for the nearest tittie bar.........:boobs: :boobs: :boobs:

Seshmeister
09-01-2006, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by binnie
I can imagine that would have been awful......

I'm not a fan but was dragged by the ex Goth SM to see them a few years back(Barrowlands) and actually quite enjoyed it. Wandering about the foyer and bars it was quite like being in a vampire movie...

Wouldn't have been much fun sober though...

Nickdfresh
09-01-2006, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
van hagar

TERRIBLE

Ditto unfortunately. Ed was a wobbly fucking mannequin that flubbed quite a bit as I recall in Buffalo's then Rich Stadium, too. And Sam was a bitchy tool. Dokken really was pretty bad also. Don barely moved and seemed annoyed that he had to sing that day.

They did indeed.

blueturk
09-01-2006, 08:35 PM
I saw Black Sabbath on the "Mob Rules" tour in Charlotte and they sucked. Terrible sound, and R.J. Dio had zero stage presence....

fe_lung
09-01-2006, 10:53 PM
The only show I've ever walked out of was Dave Matthews back in '96. Absolutely sucked - the opener (soul coughing) blew 'em off the stage.

Otherwise - I've seen some suck concerts. White Lion/Pink Cream 69 was pretty awful. I managed to see Warrant 3 times by no fault of my own - they sucked each and every time. Accidentally saw Poison who sucked ass. Gave away my tickets to Smashing Pumpkins so I was spared that torture. Queenseryche opened up for Metallica when I saw 'em - they suck ass ('ryche, not Metallica)

FORD
09-01-2006, 11:14 PM

What cracks me up are the sheep who think Eddie "is" Van Halen, but who also think Ax-hole "is" Guns n Roses.

How the Hell do you reconcile those two positions?

As for the worst live band I've ever seen - other than Van Hagar - it would have to be Third Eye Blind, who opened for the Stones on their 1997 Bridges to Babylon tour.

I damn near fell asleep in the Kingdome surrounded by 50,000 or so people, that's how boring those fucking idiots were. You would think a band whose one and only hit was about meth addiction could keep a crowd alive. Hell, even Smash mouth was better when they opened for U2 three weeks later, and I swear they were lip syncing.

BruinJer
09-01-2006, 11:39 PM
NILE.... They sucked buffalo ass!

http://www.rockdetector.com/assets/img/artists/6379.jpg

diamondsgirl
09-02-2006, 12:29 AM
I saw The Cars back in the day and nearly fell asleep! http://planetsmilies.net/33.gif

Matt White
09-02-2006, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Ditto unfortunately. Ed was a wobbly fucking mannequin that flubbed quite a bit as I recall in Buffalo's then Rich Stadium, too. And Sam was a bitchy tool. Dokken really was pretty bad also. Don barely moved and seemed annoyed that he had to sing that day.

They did indeed.

:D And the Scorps...with the choreographed stage moves...OI VEY!!!

Missed Kingdom Clone on purpose....

Always dug Lynch..though DOKKEN were a c-level band.......

Yup...the MetalliKats made the day worthwhile....

DrMaddVibe
09-04-2006, 12:53 PM
Pearl Jam and Bruce Springsteen...like a root canal without drugs!

Coyote
09-04-2006, 01:40 PM

Ask my friend (ex-bandmate). He's one of the few people still waiting for "Chinese Democracy". He also would've gone all the way to Poland to see G'n'R, if there wouldn't have been a date in Helsinki this summer.

MAPRamone
09-04-2006, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by fe_lung
Smashing Pumpkins

Never saw them live, but i've seen footage of them live and could not believe how bad they were. Just stood there and couldn't even play their own fucking songs!

Soul Reaper
09-04-2006, 02:37 PM
Oasis and all these indie bands around now....

I see them on TV and they just stand there....and sound out of tune....and they don't seem to care that they're shit....

supposed to be rebellious.....apparently...

binnie
09-05-2006, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by MAPRamone
Never saw them live, but i've seen footage of them live and could not believe how bad they were. Just stood there and couldn't even play their own fucking songs!

I actually saw the Pumpkins when they were falling out - they sucked big time.

But they were also quite comical. Billy Corgan keot trying to talk to the crowd between songs and James Iha just did loads of feedback to drwon him out - handbags at dawn....

blonddgirl777
09-05-2006, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by MAPRamone

Hell they suck on records... a live show must be sooooo abusive!

Eyes of the Night
09-05-2006, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by diamondjimi
95 ?!!!!

You paid $$$ to see Van Hagar ?

It's all about Eddie right!?;) ...

Smoked a phat bowl in the 23rd row during his solo ... all I had of Roth was in my boots seeing how I was 8 when they broke up ...

MERRYKISSMASS2U
09-06-2006, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
Poison.

I saw them on a KISS tour. Damn they sucked.

binnie
09-06-2006, 04:03 AM
Is it me or did CC Deville lay down some of the worst guitar solo's ever??

MERRYKISSMASS2U
09-06-2006, 04:05 AM
I didn't pay attention... I was just counting down the time until KISS came on.

stringfelowhawk
09-06-2006, 02:11 PM
Hoobastunk opening for Velvet Revolver on that initial tour in Va Bch.

The only song you could understand was that cheesy ass VH1 ballad they had out at the time. The rest were just screams like every other fucking emo P.O.S. band trying to be the "thing" to take the place of that pussy "indie" band wave that happened last with all the "The's" in their names. Can't stand anything nowadays. When I say "screams" I mean that. There were no lyrics discernable just a bunch of off key screams that you couldn't tell whether or not they started as words and de-evolved or what.

FUCKING PATHETIC!!!!!!

Douglas T.
09-06-2006, 03:02 PM
Yeah I'll have to go with that clown and his band that opened for DAVE a few years back! What's his name again ... POODLEHEAD!

fe_lung
09-06-2006, 06:43 PM
Is it me or did CC Deville lay down some of the worst guitar solo's ever??

When I saw them he fell during his solo and then hopped around shaking his hand for a couple of minutes. Highlight of the evening!

franksters
09-06-2006, 06:48 PM
The smashing pumpkin,

People were leaving half way in the concert... they were putting me in a coma.

danielc
09-18-2006, 10:34 PM
Poison with the exception of Rikki Rokket. Also Motley Crue. They had the chick from "Hole" playing drums. Megadeth opened for them and I got to see how awesome they sound live; or it could've been Motley was so bad. But I'm a Megadeth fan either way. Another band that I haven't seen in person live but on video is Guns and Roses. I think they suck as far a musicianship...wrote some good songs but don't have great "chops". Also, CC did a solo and it was basically a rendition of "Spanish Fly". It was pretty shaky.

DLRDUDE
10-21-2006, 11:20 AM
Has to be Megadeth without a doubt. I won't throw the whole band under the bus and to be fair I didn't see the show in person but had the PPV of Woodstock and Dave Mustain was like a fucking zombie. The music was good but his stage presence just sucked. Thank God Metallica was the real show, they rocked

Last_Child
10-21-2006, 11:25 AM
I went before the bad band went on yesterday.

I just came for the opening act.
Headliners were a fucking useless hardcore band with the nice name of JR Ewing.

Full Bug
10-21-2006, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Terry
KISS in 1985, on the Asylum tour. Tickets and ride to the show were free, so I went. Pretty much knew all the songs on the setlist, so it wasn't a case of just not being familiar with the tunes either.

It was a Sunday night, weather outside was shitty, 10,000 + arena was about half-full at best. Black And Blue opened with an uninspiring set. KISS weren't any better. Gene had the stage presence of a sack of shit, minus the sack; came off like he was bored by the whole thing. Paul Stanley sounded okay, vocally. The guitars sounded like shit. The standout was Eric Carr, who seriously rocked live, and had one of the largest drumsets onstage I've ever seen: pretty much Spinal Tap in its proportions.

The one standout moment of suckitude of that shitty show was when KISS encored with "Won't Get Fooled Again". Stanley and Kulick had worked out the synth parts on their guitars, but since their guitars sounded like shit anyway (just WAY too much high-end EQ), it just made the whole thing sound godawful.
I was unlucky enough to have seen them on the 'Crazy Nights' tour, man did they suck, worst concert I have ever been to, and I have been to lots back in the day....Ted Nugent opening blew them off the stage...

Jack68
10-21-2006, 06:04 PM
Boston ,whatever tour the amanda song was on.I left it was excruciating.Close second was jimmy Paige @ the ritz in nyc in the late 80s.He was so smacked out they should of just thrown a towel over his head and carted him off.shows you how bad boston was.

Tiki-Tom
10-22-2006, 12:06 AM
We saw Cheap Trick in '97. They were awesome, but their opener, some poor excuse of a band called Flip, sucked beyond imagination. You had to see them to fathom just how ungodly awful they were. Their singer looked like a cross between the singer for Prodigy and Billy Idol. And then there was the bassist, a guy whose name was "Cherry Forever." He had on tights and a furry dress that would scare off a drag queen.

They sounded even worse than they looked!

MERRYKISSMASS2U
10-22-2006, 12:14 AM
Lamb of God.....

I was just waiting for them to shut their fake asses up so that Megadeth could kill them.

Gigantour would have been so much better without them.

SparkieD
10-22-2006, 01:48 AM
The Verve Pipe opened for Kiss in '96. I cannot express how utterly horrible it was to endure that shit!

binnie
10-25-2006, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by MERRYKISSMASS2U
Lamb of God.....

I was just waiting for them to shut their fake asses up so that Megadeth could kill them.

Gigantour would have been so much better without them.

really? That surprises me 'cos their new record is really strong...

MERRYKISSMASS2U
10-25-2006, 06:23 AM
really? That surprises me 'cos their new record is really strong...

I <h1>really</h1> hate those vocals.

Lame of God sucks.

binnie
10-25-2006, 06:30 AM
I forgot you can't get on with cookie monster vocals!

Whilst I agree that most bands with them could do so much more if they tried singing, Lamb of God's new record is great.

Maybe not for everyone though....

MERRYKISSMASS2U
10-25-2006, 10:50 PM
I've come up with this philosophy:

If you can do it yourself, don't pay for it.

I can scream into a mic and write unintelligible lyrics. Thus, I'm not into that shit.

VanJay011379
10-27-2006, 07:54 PM
I have to mention another band. I may get flack for this as I constantly hear about how good they are live but I have to say it.

King's X in 2005. Every song was the same slow, dragging riff over and over again. I liked the CD "Gretched Goes To Nebraska" but it just came off as the same song over and over live.

sadaist
10-28-2006, 03:06 AM
For me it would have to be Boston. Scored some free tickets and thought what the hell. They have a few catchy tunes.

UGH!!!!

They just stood there & played. No movement, no special lighting, boring plain stage, and the music sounded like it was being played right off of the cd. Very talented recording band, but extremely lame live.

theicecreamman
10-28-2006, 01:15 PM
The worst live band i saw was Godsmack when they opened for Metallica. The guitarsit idea of a guitar solo was holiding his guitar in fornt of the amp and creating feed back for 3 min. The music sucked too. everyone was sitting down except for 5 people.

mako_kimura
10-28-2006, 01:53 PM
I change my input, the worst I've ever seen was Amon Amarth. There this dumb-ass band who think their a bunch of fucking vikings. They were co-headlining with Children of Bodom, and I couldn't wait for those dicks to get off stage. Bodom blew em away

binnie
10-30-2006, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by theicecreamman
The worst live band i saw was Godsmack when they opened for Metallica. The guitarsit idea of a guitar solo was holiding his guitar in fornt of the amp and creating feed back for 3 min. The music sucked too. everyone was sitting down except for 5 people.

That sounds like it really sucked....

Atomic_Rob
11-03-2006, 07:32 PM
Charlatans Supporting Oasis at Finsbury Park in 2002. It pissed down all fuckin day then they came on and nearly put me in a coma.

Coyote
11-03-2006, 08:47 PM
Saw these guys last week... Waay too arrogant and way too much piss in their heads. Plus, they played like shit

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2xiCWy8_dNk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2xiCWy8_dNk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

LoungeMachine
11-04-2006, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by MERRYKISSMASS2U

I can scream into a mic and write unintelligible lyrics. Thus, I'm not into that shit.

Said the guy with the Dave Mustaine Avatar :D

binnie
11-07-2006, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Said the guy with the Dave Mustaine Avatar :D

Ha Ha!