PDA

View Full Version : Cathedral chain ...

Eyes of the Night
09-01-2006, 08:04 PM
Lookin' to scratch together this effect ... can anyone tell me what Ed uses? ...

ThrillsNSpills
09-01-2006, 08:18 PM
What delay was it, an Echoplex?

Matt White
09-02-2006, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Eyes
Lookin' to scratch together this effect ... can anyone tell me what Ed uses? ...

I'll put my people on it Eyes.....

Matt White
09-02-2006, 12:14 AM
Let's see...my people where quick tonight....

1.) Chorus...slowest setting...more for the stereo effect...

2.)Delay...approx. .395 milisecond...bet that's helpful....

Basically...set the delay to repeat once...

3.) Using the volume knob (Careful...don't lock that pot up!)...or a volume pedal...swell each note...and kill the volume so you just get the one repeat...kinda of a cello effect...

You'll have to play around with it.....

BrownSound1
09-02-2006, 12:59 AM
The original track was recorded with a Stratocaster straight into the mixing board, and hooked to a Roland Space Echo. Essentially all you really need is a delay set to go "buh bump."

On the volume pot thing...I've NEVER had one freeze from playing this.

Matt White
09-02-2006, 01:04 AM
A bud in Highschool did...I've always used a volume pedal....

Maybe it was his Charvel.....:confused:

Yngwie uses the same effect in the begining of BLACK STAR....

GAR
09-02-2006, 01:59 AM
Only those shitty Alpha pots on cheap import guitars from Asia can lock the wiper on the resistance track if you push down hard enough on the potentiometer shaft and crack the resistor track - that will cause the wiper travel (the middle lug connection) to fuck up. But by that point the pot's ruined anyways.

Real men don't need a pot, they piss in it.

I'd use an analogue chorus, 79 strat, bone stock in black.. any 50 watt Marshall tube head with the presence and gain way down, echoplex, and a Fender spring reverb tank with a Ernie Ball panning pedal to mix it all.

BrownSound1
09-02-2006, 03:55 PM
Fender reverb tanks are sex in a box. Nobody makes a better sounding reverb circuit than Fender.

Eyes of the Night
09-02-2006, 07:07 PM
Awesome replies guys ...

BlimpyCHIMP™
09-21-2006, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by BrownSound1
Nobody makes a better sounding reverb circuit than Fender.

NOBODYS REALLY MAKING A STANDALONE REVERB UNIT BESIDES FENDER IS THAT WHAT YOU MEAN

BC!