PDA

View Full Version : Coffee or Beer?

MAPRamone
09-02-2006, 09:19 AM
If someone came and put a gun to your head and said:"Either give up coffee or give up beer or i'll shoot you", which would you give up. Now i've been known to drink copious amounts of beer from time to time, but in a tight spot, i could just about live without beer. No fucking way could i live without coffee! Sad but true.:(

MAPRamone
09-02-2006, 09:25 AM
Oops i meant to post in the Non VH forum. Could a mod please move this?

franksters
09-02-2006, 10:57 AM
i'm coffee man too!

frets5150
09-02-2006, 11:38 AM
Coffee cause I don't drink it :D :gulp:

BITEYOASS
09-02-2006, 11:39 AM
Well the Alcohol will be easy to quit since I'm no longer in the USMC, and everyone knows that alcohol and the naval service go hand in hand. Since I've been working the graveyard shift at UPS, coffee has become a neccesity.

ThrillsNSpills
09-02-2006, 12:48 PM
Caffienated Beer !!

For that wide awake caffienated buzz that will make you able to consume more. You'll talk faster and say more off the wall things !
Think of it. You can be drunk and yet you can drive because you'll be wide awake.

sadaist
09-02-2006, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
Caffienated Beer !!

For that wide awake caffienated buzz that will make you able to consume more. You'll talk faster and say more off the wall things !
Think of it. You can be drunk and yet you can drive because you'll be wide awake.

You watch too much Drew Carey. I'd give up coffee. Drink Cokes for my caffeine.

MAPRamone
09-02-2006, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by sadaist
You watch too much Drew Carey. I'd give up coffee. Drink Cokes for my caffeine.
OK... But which would you rather give up, caffeine or alcohol?

Ozzy Fudd
09-02-2006, 05:10 PM
lets see......:rolleyes: :guzzle: i guess.lol, and i will move this for ya.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
09-02-2006, 05:22 PM
Green tea!

FORD
09-02-2006, 05:24 PM
I've given up coffee almost entirely, and don't drink nearly as much beer as I used to. But when I drink either, it's gotta be quality stuff. If I had to live without one or the other forever, I'd pick coffee, because I'm used to getting caffeine from other sources. Beer remains my favorite form of alcohol, and probably always will. Just on a smaller scale than when I was in my 20's. :gulp:

And as for caffeinated beer, Drew Carey didn't invent that shit, Red Hook Brewery did......

http://www.mylifeisbeer.com/beer/bottles/autopics/382.jpg

ThrillsNSpills
09-02-2006, 06:08 PM
Well I'm shocked, because I just said that as a joke. I've never actually sat through an entire episode of Drew Carey, to be honest.
I actually drink beer rarely, but I love that Dunkin Donuts coffee.
Toasted almond. Truth be told, I should be taking calcium suppliments the size of softballs. Beer would go if I had to choose but I still love it, even if it's very rarely.

MAX
09-02-2006, 06:25 PM
Fuck coffee!!! Especially that Mango/Passionfruit vomit that I recenly saw at 7-11. :uck: Sorry DG. ;)

I need these in my fridge like alll the time. :D

http://www.rickscafejamaica.com/write/image/red_stripe_bottles.jpg

Dr. Will
09-02-2006, 06:38 PM
At the end of the day,

Beer? Sure, it can quench your thirst on those too hot days, but the overt and introverted properties of beer aren't pleasing in the least. Bad aftertaste, and takes to much to get you to where you need to go. Now, using beer to get a girl in bed, is a different story.

Coffee? Horrible for the complexion and for the urinary tract, and of course, the caffeine is more addictive than alcohol will ever be. Not big on drinks of dependency that don't have a connection to getting laid.

Choose neither, and USE BEER AS A WEAPON.

Trust me,

;)

Eyes of the Night
09-02-2006, 07:16 PM
Yo MAP ...

I quit drinking a year ago ... but I do need my coffee in the afternoon ...

So I give up alchohol ...

Va Beach VH Fan
09-02-2006, 08:14 PM
There is absolutely no way I'm giving up coffee, and basically the only way I'm giving up beer is with a gun to my head, so I guess I just answered your question... :D

CROWBAR
09-02-2006, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Eyes
Yo MAP ...

I quit drinking a year ago ... but I do need my coffee in the afternoon ...

So I give up alchohol ...

Really? Coffee in the afternoon? Disgusting! Strictly a morning beverage or maybe if you pull graveyard work shift. If it's a 100 degrees outside, coffee is the last thing on my mind!

Take the java but you ain't getting my barley dammit!

Ally_Kat
09-02-2006, 09:02 PM
I would totally give up Coffee. I'm a Chai hound anyway. More of a kick and tastes 10 times better.

Ally_Kat
09-02-2006, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Will

Beer? Sure, it can quench your thirst on those too hot days, but the overt and introverted properties of beer aren't pleasing in the least. Bad aftertaste, and takes to much to get you to where you need to go.

You obviously are not drinking the right beer for you.

BITEYOASS
09-03-2006, 12:14 AM
Hell back when I use to drink, beer helped me fall asleep, being the noise sensitive insomniac that I was.

BITEYOASS
09-03-2006, 12:17 AM
And when I did get depressed, I rode my bicycle or drive off to the desert just to get the fuck away from everyone.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
09-03-2006, 12:28 AM
The best way to fall asleep is to jerk off.

BITEYOASS
09-03-2006, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by MERRYKISSMASS2U

That's what I did after I stopped drinking, in order to fall asleep.

blonddgirl777
09-03-2006, 01:41 AM

Masturbation is a very good way to relax and unwind...

But when it's time to wake up, rise and shine... COFFEE (preferably espresso) is absolutely mandatory!

blonddgirl777
09-03-2006, 01:43 AM
Green tea!

EEEeeeeeewwwwwwwww!
But hey, it's good for ya...

blonddgirl777
09-03-2006, 01:45 AM
Irish Coffee or Coffee/Kalua or Coffee/Bailey's or Coffee/Brandy or Coffee/Amaretto etc...

Now THAT's a drink!

MAX
09-03-2006, 01:46 AM

I suppose so when you're only a teen, like yourself. However, a good old fashioned fuck is much better.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
09-03-2006, 01:51 AM
=
Originally posted by MAX
I suppose so when you're only a teen, like yourself. However, a good old fashioned fuck is much better.

A fuck don't tire me. Stupid fucks like you do.

Originally posted by blonddgirl777
EEEeeeeeewwwwwwwww!
But hey, it's good for ya...

I don't like the nasty shit you brew yourself! I like Arizona/Nestea green tea. Still, some people don't even like that.

Dan
09-03-2006, 02:56 AM
Coffee.Take away Beer from me and you are going to get kicked in the Balls.:)

FORD
09-03-2006, 03:43 AM

I don't like the nasty shit you brew yourself! I like Arizona/Nestea green tea. Still, some people don't even like that.

Who wants high fructose corn syrup in their tea? Yuck.

Arizona had a line of lo-carb green teas a few years ago that were pretty good, if you can deal with artificial sweeteners.

Otherwise your better off either brewing your own, and adding raw honey or cane sugar.

Or alternativey, you can get a quality bottled tea like Honest tea (http://honesttea.com/page.php?id=69) Pure organic goodness, no manmade poisons.

NightProwler
09-03-2006, 03:59 AM
Never trust a junkie.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
09-03-2006, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Who wants high fructose corn syrup in their tea? Yuck.

Arizona had a line of lo-carb green teas a few years ago that were pretty good, if you can deal with artificial sweeteners.

Otherwise your better off either brewing your own, and adding raw honey or cane sugar.

Or alternativey, you can get a quality bottled tea like Honest tea (http://honesttea.com/page.php?id=69) Pure organic goodness, no manmade poisons.

Thanks! I'll check it out. By "brew your own nasty shit tea" I meant the kind in Japanese restaurants. The sushi joints I've been to serve a cup of hot water and a bag of the nastiest tea (weak) imaginable.

MAX
09-03-2006, 08:13 PM
A fuck don't tire me. Stupid fucks like you do.

You obviously have a wonderful economy with words junior. I look forward to your next syllable with GREAT eagerness... http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/teufel/devil-smiley-095.gif

MERRYKISSMASS2U
09-03-2006, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by MAX
You obviously have a wonderful economy with words junior. I look forward to your next syllable with GREAT eagerness... http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/teufel/devil-smiley-095.gif

Which vocabulary are we speaking of? The one I have in Russian, Spanish, or English?

MERRYKISSMASS2U
09-03-2006, 08:19 PM
I meant "A fuck <b>doesn't</b>..."

I was extremely tired when posting that.

MAX
09-03-2006, 08:20 PM
Which vocabulary are we speaking of? The one I have in Russian, Spanish, or English?

Well and for starters, whichever one you don't cuntinue to massacre by ending your sentences with a preposition.

Dr. Will
09-03-2006, 08:20 PM
end of the day,

when it's all said and done,

those that can clap out syllables are winners in my book.

TRUST ME,

Janelle does ;)

MAX
09-03-2006, 08:21 PM
end of the day,

when it's all said and done,

those that can clap out syllables are winners in my book.

TRUST ME,

Janelle does ;)

So does Boogie. lmao

MERRYKISSMASS2U
09-03-2006, 08:22 PM
Well and for starters?

Dude, stop nitpicking me and I'll stop doing it to you.

Dr. Will
09-03-2006, 08:23 PM
Especially now that boogie is running the show!

end of the day,

it's not about the best English, but the best take!

C'MON, YOU CAN TRUST ME!

Dr. Will
09-03-2006, 08:24 PM
I don't have a choice,

Boogie has HoH

MERRYKISSMASS2U
09-03-2006, 08:25 PM
TRUST ME!

I'm not trusting you. Please shut the fuck up.

Dr. Will
09-03-2006, 08:27 PM
and with Janelle and Erika on the block, and that whore Janelle winning the PoV, I've gotta watch my back, because I'm going up.

Of course, Janelle loves me.

At the end of the day, the full on Showmance will carry the day.

Trust Me,

and Coffee and Beer suck!

become addicted to pussy

Dr. Will
09-03-2006, 08:29 PM
end of the day MerryKissMyAss2U,

you are a genuine poster, with genuine thoughts that are taken for granted here at the Army. It hurts me, that it hurts you.

You, by far, are one of the best posters in the history of this site.

TRUST ME bro,

I've got your back.

YOU ARE PART OF CHILL TOWN!

MAX
09-03-2006, 08:41 PM
and with Janelle and Erika on the block, and that whore Janelle winning the PoV, I've gotta watch my back, because I'm going up.

Of course, Janelle loves me.

At the end of the day, the full on Showmance will carry the day.

Trust Me,

and Coffee and Beer suck!

become addicted to pussy

Damnit!!! The fucking show doesn't even start here for another half an hour!!! You've SPOILED IT!!! :mad:

MERRYKISSMASS2U
09-03-2006, 08:41 PM
end of the day MerryKissMyAss2U,

you are a genuine poster, with genuine thoughts that are taken for granted here at the Army. It hurts me, that it hurts you.

You, by far, are one of the best posters in the history of this site.

TRUST ME bro,

I've got your back.

YOU ARE PART OF CHILL TOWN!

You are full of it.

TRUST ME

MAX
09-03-2006, 08:44 PM
Well and for starters?

Dude, stop nitpicking me and I'll stop doing it to you.

Just incase you haven't noticed or I dunno what forum you've been reading since you signed up? However, nobody EVER gives me any ultimatums. Well, excluding a certain and well endowed female poster around here. :)

MAX
09-03-2006, 08:45 PM
You are full of it.

TRUST ME

Dude, you have no idea as to with whom you're even speaking. You'll be the next one going home if you don't STFU. lmao

MERRYKISSMASS2U
09-03-2006, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by MAX
However, nobody EVER gives me any ultimatums.

I believe I just did.

Originally posted by MAX
Dude, you have no idea as to with whom you're even speaking. You'll be the next one going home if you don't STFU. lmao

He's obviously someone important because of his huge avatar. I don't care if I get banned, and I don't care who the fuck it is.

Dr. Will
09-03-2006, 08:50 PM
I haven't seen the show, it doesn't come on for another 15 minutes.

As far as 2U,

Dude, seriously man, from what I've seen from you in the past day or two of posts, I think that you should be a moderator long before I ever become anything here.

end of the day, I'm going to win a job here, and give it to you.

You are the man.

you can trust me dude,

TRUST ME

Dr. Will
09-03-2006, 08:53 PM
end of the day,

I e-mailed my avatar to someone important, of that you can be sure of.

it's the same size as the pic in the e-mail I sent.

I'll tell you what, you let me know how big you want your avatar, and in a show of support, I'll tell you how and who to send it to to make it the size you want. Brownsound1 perhaps, POJO? Just say the word!

and that will show you, without a doubt, that you are IN CHILLTOWN!

Dr. Will
09-03-2006, 08:54 PM
TRUST ME!

MAX
09-03-2006, 08:55 PM
This is almost funnier than the show itself!!! :D

Dr. Will
09-03-2006, 09:03 PM
Gentlemen, it's been real!

2U, as you know, you are the man. One of the finest posters here at the army.

thank you for sharing with me your wit. I will carry it with me.

Max, as much as I enjoy the tag Dr. Evil, you are welcome to it. Being that I'm NOT evil, and I never liked the fact that they named me after that midget from that Austin Powers movie.

Now the ladies like to call me Dr. Delicious, now that's a different story altogether.

Speaking of which, showmance time.

MAX
09-03-2006, 10:01 PM
Uh Oh!!!

Bro's before Ho's

MAX
09-03-2006, 10:10 PM
He's obviously someone important because of his huge avatar. I don't care if I get banned, and I don't care who the fuck it is.

Of course he's "important" duhhhhh... :rolleyes:

He's a friggin' Dermatologist.

Dr. Will
09-03-2006, 10:25 PM
Dr. 90210 is what it's all about my friend,

and at the end of the day,

when you all have great skin,

thank Dr. Will for leading you down the right path.

Stay out of the sun, don't drink coffee or beer,

have a ton of sex with women,

and be totally honest!

You believe me don't you???

Ally_Kat
09-04-2006, 12:08 AM
The sushi joints I've been to serve a cup of hot water and a bag of the nastiest tea (weak) imaginable.

Then you've must been to some crappy Asian joints. Here the best place to get any version of a tea drink is Chinatown or your local Asian restuarant. The Japanese place by me has killer tea.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
09-04-2006, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
Then you've must been to some crappy Asian joints. Here the best place to get any version of a tea drink is Chinatown or your local Asian restuarant. The Japanese place by me has killer tea.

Not all the places I´ve been too. The really good (expensive) ones have the best of everything. Give me a tuna roll and some green tea pronto!

FORD
09-04-2006, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat

Definitely do not have Thai iced tea with dinner if you want to sleep that night. Some places around here make that shit stronger than anything Starfucks puts out.

coin0perated
09-07-2006, 03:07 PM
Coffee, I don't drink it ever now, and beer is just so god damn fucking good

Jérôme Frenchise
09-07-2006, 03:24 PM
Coffee ISN'T addictive IMO, as I experienced something enlightening a few years ago: I woke on the first morning of my two-month summer holiday and realised there was no more coffee in the cupboard. I thought, well, fuck, but thought I would try to see how it feels not to drink some knowing I had drunk a lot every morning for about 20 years.
And, well, it felt OK, really. I even spent a whole week without coffee for the whole week, and I never missed it at all. I just bought some again after 8 days, only because of the TASTE of it.

Beer... That's another story. Alcohol will be turned into something very close to morphine in your body, something that makes you just as "easy" and "relieved" when it starts flowing in your blood. Highly addictive stuff, of course. So...

I have to say, you can do without coffee as far as addiction, but beer is something very hard to deal without once you are used to having some on a regular basis, however often you drink some.
I would personally send coffee to hell. :cool:

blonddgirl777
09-07-2006, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
... I would personally send coffee to hell. :cool:

NOOOOoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Then, I'm going to hell too! :eek:

I am totally addicted to coffee... the smell is intoxicating and the cafeine rush is mandatory for a decent day!
One can tell just by looking in my eyes, if I've had my mornin' coffee or not...

Pretty sad... :(

Douglas T.
09-07-2006, 03:41 PM
I like a little brewed tea in my sugar water!

blonddgirl777
09-07-2006, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Douglas T.
I like a little brewed tea in my sugar water!

L.O.L.
You probably sleep well at night?

Jérôme Frenchise
09-07-2006, 04:01 PM
NOOOOoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Then, I'm going to hell too! :eek:

Then I would keep on having coffee, even if I had to get sick with it. ;)

I am totally addicted to coffee... the smell is intoxicating and the cafeine rush is mandatory for a decent day!
One can tell just by looking in my eyes, if I've had my mornin' coffee or not...

Pretty sad... :(

I know you can't stand beer, but anyway both beer and coffee aren't about the same part of day.
Coffee will open it, whereas beer will normally close it.
You sure must be an early riser... Am I wrong? ;)

blonddgirl777
09-07-2006, 04:06 PM
... You sure must be an early riser... Am I wrong? ;)

5:00 AM... rise but not shine (yet)!

I go to bed around Midnight or 1:00 AM... that's probably because I don't have that evening beverage?

Although, red wine can sometimes put me to sleep...
"Le bon vin m'endors mais l'Amour me réveille encore"!

Jérôme Frenchise
09-07-2006, 04:34 PM
5:00 AM... rise but not shine (yet)!

I go to bed around Midnight or 1:00 AM... that's probably because I don't have that evening beverage?

Well, er... in your opinion? :D
Personally, I can't shine with 4 hours' sleep. Safe as far as being off-side. :D

Although, red wine can sometimes put me to sleep...
"Le bon vin m'endors mais l'Amour me réveille encore"!

Words of wisdom. :)

Love will keep me awake, and will even make me feel high for all the following day even with little sleep.
I need a lot of sleep, except when there's a girl in my bed - or I'm in hers, or somebody else's, but it's a different topic. :D

One thing for sure is, contrary to some of my craziest pals (one of them fell asleep for a few hours at one of my dinner parties, and woke up when another buddy told him it was 6:30 am and he had to go too, and he only woke up at the sound of another beer being broken open, and... drank it up without even opening his eyes! :D) I could never drink a beer in the morning. Even at noon I rarely feel like one... It's a night-time beverage as far as I'm concerned. :cool:

Nitro Express
09-07-2006, 06:41 PM
I would thow the hot coffee in their face and bludgeon them with the beer bottle and then shove their gun up their ass.

Nitro Express
09-07-2006, 06:43 PM
I've tried red wine from all over the world but I still love good ol' Louis Jardot Burgondy from France. Yummy! It's not overoaked or too sweet or dry. It's perfect in every way!

blonddgirl777
09-07-2006, 08:48 PM
Well, er... in your opinion? :D
Personally, I can't shine with 4 hours' sleep. Safe as far as being off-side. :D...

I've been living with only 5 hours (or so) of sleep for the past 15 years!
I don't need more...

Douglas T.
09-07-2006, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
I would thow the hot coffee in their face and bludgeon them with the beer bottle and then shove their gun up their ass.

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n137/DTSKYNYRD/fun36.gif

Douglas T.
09-07-2006, 08:59 PM
L.O.L.
You probably sleep well at night?

Actually I keep a balance ... the THC in the weed lowers the white blood cell count causing the muchies then I return them to normal with the sugar!? Problem is after the sugar intake I need to get stoned again! Does that sound right?

blonddgirl777
09-07-2006, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Douglas T.
Actually I keep a balance ... the THC in the weed lowers the white blood cell count causing the muchies then I return them to normal with the sugar!? Problem is after the sugar intake I need to get stoned again! Does that sound right?

I don't know weather it's right or not but that's how it is...
Weed makes me sleepy but I also wake up shortly after (in lack of it).
Alchool does the same effect.

I used to smoke a lot before and it made me lose my apetite completely... I could go for days with eating very little (or not at all!) and drinking coffee!

binnie
09-08-2006, 03:42 AM
I don't drink hot drinks, so giving up coffee would be easy.

Now if I had to give up whisky, then I'd be pissed (pun intended)

Nitro Express
09-08-2006, 03:53 AM
After I pop a few Oxycotin in the morning I feel fine!