PDA

View Full Version : The electronic love of my life

MERRYKISSMASS2U
09-04-2006, 02:00 AM
I am buying this for myself for Christmas : www.imac.com

Holy shit, I went in to Comp USA to buy some CDs and I saw an ipod. I went over to look at the accessories for it, and there -- in the distance -- I saw the most beautiful piece of white plastic I've ever seen in my life -

iMac. I played on it for about an hour, taking funny snapshots of myself, oooing and ahhing at the insanely great UI. Everything is so smooth on the mac. The hardware even smells good! When I stood 2 feet away from it, I couldn't even tell it was on. This machine is so quiet! Where is the huge tower? In the GORGEOUS display! Dear lord, this is a sweet machine.

I am converted. Apple was so smart to release the iPod because I never would have switched if I didn't see the beauty of the ipod. Even the packaging is awesome.

Then I went home and cried because I had to use Windows' clunky interface.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
09-04-2006, 02:05 AM
I'm glad that Steve Jobs has the balls to flat out bash Windows in the new ads.

Look at the fucking disgusting user interface of Windows. Even though I'm getting an x86 mac, Windows will NEVER touch this machine. I would get a MBP, but I don't really like laptops that much. I'm always a little too rough with them (popped keys). Besides, I have a windows laptop that has cool specs.

spanishfly48
09-04-2006, 07:45 PM
i love the mac pro's possible 2TB of hard drives and 16gb of ram. thats insane, especially with double xeon dual core 3Ghz procs.

DrMaddVibe
09-04-2006, 08:19 PM
I take delivery of mine on the 13th!

I got the iMac 20" with every upgrade except for the wireless keyboard and mouse.

flappo
09-05-2006, 02:15 AM
grate choice

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/flappo/rollypicard-1.gif

MERRYKISSMASS2U
09-05-2006, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by spanishfly48
i love the mac pro's possible 2TB of hard drives and 16gb of ram. thats insane, especially with double xeon dual core 3Ghz procs.

I hope you're not buying your ram and hdd space from apple! ($$$)

Originally posted by flappo
grate choice

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/flappo/rollypicard-1.gif

It was no longer a choice. It is necessary.

I'm going a macbook for a loved one's 60th bday.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
09-05-2006, 02:34 AM
Fuck Christmas, I'm buying my mac mid october (I'm waiting for september 12th).

VAN HLN CA
09-06-2006, 03:20 PM
Good thing you waited

24"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is here bumped 50% faster tears are fallin.....

bastardog
09-06-2006, 03:33 PM
macs are for fags

DrMaddVibe
09-06-2006, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by van hln CA
Good thing you waited

24"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is here bumped 50% faster tears are fallin.....

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wo/0.RSLID?mco=C1B6232E&nclm=iMac

The speed is the same on the 20" and 24".

flappo
09-06-2006, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by bastardog
macs are for fags

idiot

VAN HLN CA
09-06-2006, 04:08 PM
Dr, I meant from last lineup of iMacs

flappo
09-06-2006, 04:14 PM
here's a present for bastardork

http://download.windowsvista.com/preview/rc1/en/download.htm

one big fucking virus waiting to happen !

bastardog
09-06-2006, 05:36 PM
ja!
I don't have anything against macs but you can't modify them as easy as a normal PC.
But yes.........their OS is better by far than Windows
Microshit and Bill Gay is the only problem with PC's

Flappo, thanks for the virus.....

FORD
09-06-2006, 06:47 PM
How do the Mac's stay cool with everything built into the same housing as the LCD display?

That, and expandability are my concerns with the mac, whether it's these machines or the Mac Mini. Of course the Mac Pro is built into a more traditional tower, has 4 drive bays and probably all the room you need for whatever cooling system your imagination and pocketbook can afford. But then the initial cost of the machine is still so much more than the equivalent PC.

If there's truly a bit of an upsurge in the Mac market for the time being, then I'd love to see the "Mac clones" make a comeback.

DrMaddVibe
09-06-2006, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by FORD
How do the Mac's stay cool with everything built into the same housing as the LCD display?

Haven't heard about this being an issue since its release. There was a setback that pushed back its debut and that was due to heat issues.

That, and expandability are my concerns with the mac, whether it's these machines or the Mac Mini. Of course the Mac Pro is built into a more traditional tower, has 4 drive bays and probably all the room you need for whatever cooling system your imagination and pocketbook can afford. But then the initial cost of the machine is still so much more than the equivalent PC.

What are you going to upgrade? Memory, hard drive and video card...thats it. With the USB ports you'd have infinite storage. The MacPro is a server that can be used like a pc. That would be like buying a top fuel dragster and putting it only on a dirt jogging track.

If there's truly a bit of an upsurge in the Mac market for the time being, then I'd love to see the "Mac clones" make a comeback.

Apple is swimming upstream against a powerful flow, there's no room for remoras here.

If you can afford it, then get it.

blonddgirl777
09-06-2006, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by MERRYKISSMASS2U
... I am converted...

Wellcome!

But be careful with the I Mac... it used to be that you couldn't add up on it (lack of space).
I wanted that in the begining because of it's look but had to go with a tower.
For drawing and artworks, I have a big screen... but my next purchase will be a flat one. They still are pretty expensive...

VAN HLN CA
09-07-2006, 02:51 AM
The 24" has 250 gig hardrive, might work for you now

MERRYKISSMASS2U
09-07-2006, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by van hln CA
The 24" has 250 gig hardrive, might work for you now

Although I have the money to do it, 2000 dollars for my first mac is a little steep. Plus, I am buying a macbook for a present.

Even if I still get the 20 inch, the machine has been heavily upgraded.

512mb ram to 1024.
2mb cache to four.

DrMaddVibe
09-19-2006, 08:24 PM
I'm surfing on my new machine! Woo-fuckin'-hoo!!!!

MERRYKISSMASS2U
09-20-2006, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
I'm surfing on my new machine! Woo-fuckin'-hoo!!!!

Awesome! Which mac did you get? I'm getting mine in November (I want to see if there will be updates).

It will be interesting to see if there are minor updates.

DrMaddVibe
09-21-2006, 09:54 AM
Awesome! Which mac did you get? I'm getting mine in November (I want to see if there will be updates).

It will be interesting to see if there are minor updates.

Post # 4 bro...so far I'm loving it!

The 20" is plenty big...I saw the 24" at the store...it wasn't worth the 500.00 extra to me...If I was back doing CAD/CAM work again, maybe.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
09-21-2006, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by bastardog
macs are for fags

Cállate your uninformed ass.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
09-21-2006, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
Post # 4 bro...so far I'm loving it!

The 20" is plenty big...I saw the 24" at the store...it wasn't worth the 500.00 extra to me...If I was back doing CAD/CAM work again, maybe.

For someone using a 15 inch crt, I need to have a MAJOR upgrade.

Originally posted by blonddgirl777
Wellcome!

But be careful with the I Mac... it used to be that you couldn't add up on it (lack of space).
I wanted that in the begining because of it's look but had to go with a tower.
For drawing and artworks, I have a big screen... but my next purchase will be a flat one. They still are pretty expensive...

Upgradability is not THAT important to me. If I never needed upgrading, I would probably just upgrade the ram or hdd space. I don´t want to get a tower because the screen in one is just too much of a good deal to pass up. Plus, I´ve never really owned a mac (a piece of shit System 7 way back), so I don't want to spend a ton of money on a tower I really wouldn't take advantage of.

flappo
09-22-2006, 01:35 PM
this thread makes me a happy flappy

:)

CROWBAR
09-22-2006, 06:57 PM
and here we were, thinking you were referring to your love of a vibrator up your arse!:D

MERRYKISSMASS2U
09-23-2006, 11:11 AM
Nope. Just you, I'm afraid.

CROWBAR
09-23-2006, 08:09 PM
Nope. Just you, I'm afraid.

Not so, dillweed

mxmastoyuubitch:D

MERRYKISSMASS2U
09-24-2006, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by CROWBAR
Not so, dillweed

mxmastoyuubitch:D

Who lied to you and told you that you were funny?

Originally posted by flappo
here's a present for bastardork

http://download.windowsvista.com/preview/rc1/en/download.htm

one big fucking virus waiting to happen !

It's funny how Vista was "built from the ground up", yet it's the same rehashed shit they've always released.

DrMaddVibe
09-24-2006, 03:24 PM
No, this one has more holes!!!!

Instead of calling it Vista, they should've called it Swiss Cheese!

DEMON CUNT
09-24-2006, 04:19 PM
I bought a 15.4" MacBook Pro a few months ago and it fuckin' screams!

At work I use a DELL with XP and the dang thing hangs so much I just want to smash it to bits.

Apple is the way to go.

Nitro Express
09-24-2006, 05:51 PM
My Mac Book never overheats or locks up. Ever. I had one application lock it up and all I had to do was go into the Finder and Force Quit the bitch. It was Adobe and not OSX that was the problem. It finds any peripheral I plug in to it.

I bought an Imac for my office and couldn't be happier.

With Apple you are guarenteed good hardware and software. For what they bundle with their computers, they are a bargain actually; especially, the laptops.

Sure you can buy certain PC's cheaper but what kind of drives, chassis, and other components are you dealing with? For me I would rather spend more $$$$ for quality than to have my data fucked by delayed esd or a crashed drive. Not to mention the endless security software needed to patch all of Windows orfices.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
09-24-2006, 11:40 PM
Demon, I would have decided to get a MBP, but I already have a laptop.

It's hard to juggle the computers I have already ;(

DEMON CUNT
10-14-2006, 03:05 AM
Demon, I would have decided to get a MBP, but I already have a laptop.

It's hard to juggle the computers I have already ;(

I understand. We have 7 computers in the house. 3 PCs (don't work) and 4 MACs (all work).

My first MAC was a 1st Gen. Titanum and it still runs flawlessly. I cut portions of an award winning documentary on it.

I haven't purchased a PC since 1998.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
10-14-2006, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
I understand. We have 7 computers in the house. 3 PCs (don't work) and 4 MACs (all work).

My first MAC was a 1st Gen. Titanum and it still runs flawlessly. I cut portions of an award winning documentary on it.

I haven't purchased a PC since 1998.

If those machines all connect to the Internet, you actually have seven <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAC_address">MACs</a>.

In my house, I have my workstation, a notebook, an old pc, a sempron based machine, an ok dell notebook, and two laptops that need to be repaired.