PDA

View Full Version : Route of All Evil-Crue/Smith

VAN HLN CA
09-05-2006, 11:13 AM
Here we go sicko's- the beast is in motion and the ride will not be forgotten. Even if your not into Motley youll love them for the show your gonna get. On Carnival of Sins they had cool pyro, smoke and flames, this time they have flamethrower guns so they can take aim-trust me its a first.
This is the first time since GnR that Aerosmith might have a worn out crowd because the Crue should not be opening and in all fairness from what Ive seen the stage has enough of its own personality to say you couldnt tell otherwise. Only thing certain is be on time to see it unveil.

Sure Aerosmith is gonna be cool too because word has it they dig back into the vaults. Hopefully its mostly pre-PermVacation.

This is gonna be Fall Rock like none other and hopefully we can hear some reviews late tonight. Enjoy, Red FUCKIN Hot!!!!!!!!

DrMaddVibe
09-05-2006, 11:24 AM
Rammstein does this with deft precision.

twonabomber
09-05-2006, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by van hln CA

This is the first time since GnR that Aerosmith might have a worn out crowd

a worn out crowd for a worn out band...

DrMaddVibe
09-05-2006, 03:58 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vp9z-9RdwwM"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vp9z-9RdwwM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3ZH-Mz9tjn8"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3ZH-Mz9tjn8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ydg5Uf-f2zU"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ydg5Uf-f2zU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/crB5HCl5VJQ"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/crB5HCl5VJQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

sadaist
09-05-2006, 04:31 PM
HA! That guy was completely on fire the whole song. And James Hetfield cries when just his forearm catches fire for about 8 seconds.

VAN HLN CA
09-05-2006, 04:43 PM
Ramstein did it 20 years after Sixx lit himself on fire without any metal jacket so its safe to say self induced combustion was pre-Sprockets.

When I see a flame gun go off I wanna see it with T&A and R&R not industrial lads dripping in hair goop.

Each his own but Columbus isnt too far from Cleveland to show you a good time and realize theres no worn sounds around.

binnie
09-05-2006, 04:56 PM
I hope they bring the tour here, Aerosmith hasn't toured here for years....

Big Fat Sammy
09-05-2006, 05:19 PM
I heard that last time Aerosmith was here in C-Bus, they played a new song and dropped a big banner behind the stage that said "HONKIN ON BOBO" and instructions on how to order it.

Honkin On Bobo..LOL

ODShowtime
09-05-2006, 10:31 PM
Aerosmith still kicks ass live whether you like it or not.

binnie
09-06-2006, 03:32 AM
There last few DVD's have been awesome!

sadaist
09-06-2006, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
Aerosmith still kicks ass live whether you like it or not.

If you mean kicking a dead donkey, you are right on the money. I've seen them once and it was the worst concert I have ever been to. And I've been to som bad ones. Boring as all shit. It was Janie's Got A Gun for 2 hours.

I'd like to go back in time and see them before the "Done With Mirrors" album. They have never been the same since that debacle.

VAN HLN CA
09-06-2006, 04:26 AM
WEB-ONLY CONCERT REVIEW
Veterans Aerosmith, Motley Crue frolick in rock-star excess
By Aaron Beck
The Columbus Dispatch
Wednesday, September 6, 2006 2:53 AM

ADAM CAIRNS | DISPATCH
Motley Crue drummer Tommy Lee salutes the crowd.
Tommy Lee and Joe Perry always have stood out in bands with no shortage of colorful personas.
Based on their performances and presences last night in Germain Amphitheater, the 43-year-old Motley Crue drummer and 55-year-old Aerosmith guitarist now are their long-lived group's stars.

On opening night of the hard-rock acts' 33-city "Route of All Evil" tour, Lee — a shirtless, illustrated man in command via headset microphone — and Perry — bare-chested and in full-on guitar-god mode on stage and on the 70-foot catwalk into the lower pavilion — provided many boosts during 150 minutes of hits.

Each band, which was coming off lengthy breaks from the road, played 75 or so minutes and neither played new songs. Aerosmith fired on all cylinders, delivering reinvigorated '70s chestnuts (Sweet Emotion; Draw the Line; Mama Kin; Walk This Way; Dream On) and enlivened its post-drugs and drink/MTV-friendly fare (Rag Doll; Cryin'; F.I.N.E.).

Motley Crue culled from its '80s heyday (Too Fast For Love; Live Wire; Shout at the Devil; Kickstart My Heart) and latter-day catalog (Primal Scream and Sick Love Song). Along the way the quartet shook loose first-night cobwebs.

For Motley Crue, the "Evil" trek is scaled-back production from its blockbuster Carnival of Sins tour, which last brought the band to central Ohio in March 2005.

Yes, last night there was a mock slaughter of a rooster by writhing lasses wearing strategically-placed white cloth. Yes, there were flaming wrought-iron bird cages — abeit underused flaming wrought-iron bird cages. Yes, during Girls, Girls, Girls Vince Neil rode a chopper on stage.

But did Lee and his drum set top previous tours' drum set tricks?

No matter. No one in rock these days seems to have more fun than Lee, part-time star reality-TV hero (Rockstar: Supernova) and in-demand chat-show guest (Friday on Live With Regis & Kelly and Tuesday on The Ellen DeGeneres Show ), and his energy infected the audience.

As columns of fire shot toward the rafters and sparks rained down on wrought-iron set straight out of a Victorian horror story, Lee was an impeccable timekeeper and simply ferocious behind a set of drums atop of pedestal of fake bones and skulls. His greatest contribution, however, was imploring the audience to "go (expletive) crazy, you (expletives)!" until smile after smile stretched across his face.

He most likely had more fun than 45-year-old singer Neil. When Neil wasn't singing pieces of syllables from lyrics in a dry, nasal yelp, he was gesturing and shooting exasperated looks at roadies for various untold reasons.

He probably even had a laugh at bassist Nikki Sixx's expense when the 47-year-old post-apocalyptic biker character caught his moon boot on something on the stage, slipped and performed an involuntary and perfect backward summersault, recovered and then smashed his guitar to conclude Kickstart My Heart.

Lee — heck, most in attendance — surely had more fun than guitarist Mick Mars, whose every move requires much concentration. Mars, 55, takes his sir name from the Roman god of war but some day mortals will know him as the Hoosier-born god of rock-star longevity.

A long-time sufferer of a degenerative bone disease , the skeletal Mars moved like a 98-pound scarecrow. The guitar in Mars' hands seemed to be attached to his belt as he stiffly cranked out the familiar riffs.

As for Steven Tyler, still the main face of Aerosmith, he sounded strong all night even if his pants these days might do well with some pleats. The 58-year-old, whose throat ailment derailed his band's tour in February, was his former self, though, scatting his banshee scat, blowing a bit of harmonica and, in general, singing with force and projection.

Still, it was Perry, channeling Jimmy Page, Keith Richards and Peter Green (literally when he sang and played Fleetwood Mac's Stop Messin' Around) between multiple wardrobe and six-string changes, who commanded the most attention.

The guitarist, dedicating Stop Messin' Around to bassist Tom Hamilton, who is recovering from throat cancer treatment, raced all night about a stage accentuated with the occasional laser light show. Perry was all over the place, shoulder-length locks blowing in the wind, his head toward heaven and eyes closed during many a Les Paul solo.

During Sweet Emotion the guy even managed a Thermin solo. Talk about fun, a Theremin manipulated by a shirtless dude in leather pants center stage, a fellow born in 1950? That's some top-drawer Tuesday-night fu

binnie
09-06-2006, 10:03 AM
Great review!!

Cheers for posting!

ODShowtime
09-06-2006, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by sadaist
If you mean kicking a dead donkey, you are right on the money. I've seen them once and it was the worst concert I have ever been to. And I've been to som bad ones. Boring as all shit. It was Janie's Got A Gun for 2 hours.

I'd like to go back in time and see them before the "Done With Mirrors" album. They have never been the same since that debacle.

I'll admit they kicked WAY MORE ass... on a good night... back in the 70s than now. But I saw them in 2006 and they opened with Helter Skelter. It was badass. And they played Seasons of Wither. Just Fuckin' badass. And hot lezzies made out in front of us all night.

Now that they're sober, they have more good nights.

Pink, Cryin' and Amazing all have their uses, you gotta piss and get beer at some point.

BALLYJUNKIE
09-06-2006, 08:03 PM
did the starter of this thread say "motley crue should not be opening ? aerosmith is way bigger than motley crue !!!.... they endured longer and musician wise much better than motley crue ..............let me tell you something about motley crue .... way overated ,if you want to compare them with the other 80s rock bands that came out around the same time .....the main reason motley crue became so popular in the early 80s way the explosion of mtv ...... thier image was perfect for the mtv generation of the 80"s .........dokken ,y-n-t ,even ratt were much better than motley crue ...... vince niel ........below average singer .... mick mars .... can you think of 1 great guitar solo this guy has ever played ?.... nikki sixx .... the main songwriter ,but average bass player ......... and tommy lee .-way overated .... flashy drummer yes ..... but some fools put him in the bonham ,moon level ,not even close ...... that being said ,i like motley crue ,ive seen them several times .... buy way overrated .

VAN HLN CA
09-07-2006, 03:49 AM
Regarding entertainment-Motley is more of a show than good tunes Aerosmith can sing. Aero=better songwriting, Motley=hellraising.
When most people see a concert they want to be blown away not lulled to sleep.

Never said anything about who the better singer is or what band has a booth in HOF because I dont give a fuck.

This is a showcase of two types of music both great R&R bands I could care less which ones bigger but if size is all that matters then maybe you should stay home.