PDA

View Full Version : "Rocky Balboa"

stringfelowhawk
09-06-2006, 05:57 PM
I know I'll be mocked for this but let me say in advance, "You can kiss both cheeks of my ass!" cause after watching the trailer I'm interested where as when I first heard about it I was totally thinking, "Oh my GOD, not another one Please?". I hope it does well. I remember a few years ago one tv station did a greatest movie soundtrack moments list and left "Rocky's" theme song off. It pissed me off as they started counting down the top 10 I was totally expecting to hear that iconic beat of "Gonna Fly Now" and was sorely disappointed then furious. Whats up with that shit? I don't remember the list but I do remember thinking alot of it was recent. Be honest now, who hasn't started humming that song at one point or another to psych themselves up for something? That or "Eye of The Tiger"? They can put that song from "The Bodyguard" or that Elton John song from "Lion King" on there but not "Gonna Fly Now"?

Anyways, I'll include the link for those who are interested. It looks like it will better than the shit stain that Tommy Morrison contributed to.

http://video.msn.com/v/us/movies.htm?g=F7F4AC8D-F1CA-49F8-B809-F017B280F6CD&f=msnmovies&fg=copy

ULTRAMAN VH
09-06-2006, 07:41 PM
Gotta admit after seeing the trailer, my interest is peeked also. Stallone is 60 years old and the dude is shredded. I could only wish to look like that when I am sixty. The theme music for Rocky is great stuff. My favorite is Rocky 2 when Adriene tells him to win and the music begins with Rocky training like a fucking animal to prepare for the fight. Classic movie scene.

Bob_R
09-06-2006, 08:18 PM
Where's Adrianne (sp?) :p

Mr. Vengeance
09-06-2006, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by EVH FANATIC
Where's Adrianne (sp?) :p

Seems to me she'd died and left poor Rock a widower in this one.

In other words, she didn't want to have anything to do with this film.

Terry
09-06-2006, 11:06 PM
It'd be nice if the movie turned out well, and gave Sly either a high note to go out on or sparked a new chapter to his career...

I mean, fuck, the dude has made some of my all-time fave flicks:

Rocky
Rocky 2
Nighthawks
F.I.S.T
Rocky 3
Cobra
First Blood
Rambo: First Blood Part 2
Copland

To see his career wind down to a whimper, doing poop like Assassins and Driven, was unacceptable.

But the chances that the new Rocky is gonna be any good? Longshot at best, but just the novelty of making a sequel 15+ years after the last Rocky flick will probably be enough to get me to see it, no matter how bad the buzz on it is.

POJO_Risin
09-06-2006, 11:32 PM
If I remember right...

the movie starts with her death...

I think...

It's a fucking Rocky movie...suck or not...I'm fucking going...

binnie
09-07-2006, 03:56 AM
I'l watch it when it hits the cinema.

I'm not expecting a movie masterpiece, just a Rocky film.

Can't be worse than the last one!

Jérôme Frenchise
09-07-2006, 02:54 PM
In a muppet show on a froggie TV channel, they've used Sylvester's face for more than 15 years. Either to incarnate the ultimate Yankee general, finance big boss, CIA leader, OCDE shark, etc...
Stallone has dozens and dozens of muppets there. Every character speaks with the voice in "Rocky" or "Rambo", it's kickass! :D
Every time the character is as cynical as can be.
One day Sylvester came to the TV show and he showed so much humor about it (here I say, congrats MISTER Stallone), I mean, his face multiplied for so many delirious sketches that underline the American control over geopolitical and economical issues of the planet... :p

http://aubonsketch.ifrance.com/humoristes/guignols/guignols104sylvestre.jpg

Jérôme Frenchise
09-07-2006, 03:07 PM
"Major Sylvester" with "Double U"...
Sorry, can't help it! :D

http://img424.imageshack.us/img424/8683/bushsylvestreguignolsjd9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

knuckleboner
09-11-2006, 11:15 PM
from what i've heard of the movie, it's the only way to end the series, unless you completely ignore rocky 5. rocky 5 was a horrid ending. and a poor decision to make. i mean, rocky ended the cold war. you can't top that. he changed. i changed. we ALL changed.

that said, if you sully the rocky name with 5; broke, brain damaged, etc., then the only way out is to go the george foreman route and have 1 aging fighter get 1 big payday, win or lose. (and anybody who thinks rocky 6 doesn't end the same way as rocky 1 doesn't know sly.)

that said, although i've never watched rocky 5 all the way through, i've seen enough parts on cable to be disgusted. and enough to want to see it righted.

so yeah, if adriene's gotta be dead, i might as well be the guy to stand up and start the overly awkward, "rock-ee, rock-ee" clap...

binnie
09-12-2006, 02:56 AM
Is it true that Mr. T turned down the chance to be in this film?

Soul Reaper
09-12-2006, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
"Major Sylvester" with "Double U"...
Sorry, can't help it! :D

http://img424.imageshack.us/img424/8683/bushsylvestreguignolsjd9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

is that Spitting Image?

Jérôme Frenchise
09-12-2006, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Soul Reaper
is that Spitting Image?

No, it's from a show called "Les Guignols" on French TV (Canal+).
All muppets are made of latex.

Dave's Bitch
09-12-2006, 07:12 PM
i think the new Rocky movie looks awesome

DavidLeeNatra
09-12-2006, 08:45 PM
I'm with pojo...it's rocky...I'll watch it...

and "gonna fly now" is my all time favorite work out-music...when I was training for the semi marathon I always put it after 2/3 of the running time on my mp3 player...to get some extra motivation for the last leg...works just perfekt...music starts you pull your shoulders a bit higher and you feel like punching the shit of the next motherfucker trying to pass you over while running...

Terry
09-12-2006, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by knuckleboner
from what i've heard of the movie, it's the only way to end the series, unless you completely ignore rocky 5. rocky 5 was a horrid ending. and a poor decision to make. i mean, rocky ended the cold war. you can't top that. he changed. i changed. we ALL changed.

that said, if you sully the rocky name with 5; broke, brain damaged, etc., then the only way out is to go the george foreman route and have 1 aging fighter get 1 big payday, win or lose. (and anybody who thinks rocky 6 doesn't end the same way as rocky 1 doesn't know sly.)

that said, although i've never watched rocky 5 all the way through, i've seen enough parts on cable to be disgusted. and enough to want to see it righted.

so yeah, if adriene's gotta be dead, i might as well be the guy to stand up and start the overly awkward, "rock-ee, rock-ee" clap...

Kinda liked Rocky 5 myself, if only because it took the series back to where it all started and the character back to his roots: poor, dumb as a box of rocks (although Rock was pretty much a dumbass for the whole run of the series, but he seemed even more so in 5 - suppose brain damage will do that to you), living in a working-class neighborhood, back at Mickey's old gym. Wasn't really on a par with the rest of the series in terms of menacing opponents (Tommy Gunn was a pretty weak character), and the 'Rocky's kid' subplot was time-wasting, but wouldn't say the thing as a whole sucked....

But agreed Rocky 5 was a pretty weak way for the whole thing to end - let's hope Sly has something good cooking up with this new one.