PDA

View Full Version : Why the I-pod has ruined music (more)

Mr. Vengeance
09-06-2006, 08:48 PM
The I-Pod has turned people into fans of songs rather than fans of bands. No one buys albums and finds those jems that you never would hear on the radio. And, as a result, record execs only want pop, radio friendly, top 40 acts. Actual bands that play ROCK n ROLL, are a dying breed....

Too many fucking retards doing the I-Pod shuffle out there...

Just my rant for the day. You may resume your normal activities.

Terry
09-06-2006, 08:56 PM
Don't have one, no plans or desire to get one. Have no use for what amounts to a portable, high-tech Walkman. Did give me a chuckle about a year and a half ago to read that people in NYC were getting mugged for their I-Pods, which were easily detectable due to the uniqueness of the headphone cables.

DrMaddVibe
09-06-2006, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
The I-Pod has turned people into fans of songs rather than fans of bands. No one buys albums and finds those jems that you never would hear on the radio. And, as a result, record execs only want pop, radio friendly, top 40 acts. Actual bands that play ROCK n ROLL, are a dying breed....

Too many fucking retards doing the I-Pod shuffle out there...

Just my rant for the day. You may resume your normal activities.

Record executives can't blame the iPod for their mess. It was there years before the 1st one was even created!

They've stifled creativity to the point of extinction.

DeadOrAlive
09-06-2006, 09:21 PM
It's a train wreck. Even much more difficult to sell any EP's or demos as a local band.

VAN HLN CA
09-07-2006, 03:05 AM
DOA, count on ticket sales and merch for your paydays or its hand to mouth for a long time.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
09-27-2006, 11:13 PM
It's iPod.

ODShowtime
09-27-2006, 11:58 PM
The worst are these digital jukeboxes withonly 2 songs from every album. When I stock a jukebox, I want LONG ASS SONGS. I want In Memory of Elizabeth Reed, I want Midnight Rambler live, I want Freee Dird, and I want When the Levee Breaks. Not fucking Rock and Roll and Brown Sugar and other 2 minute songs.

flappo
09-28-2006, 02:10 AM
i'd hardly blame the dire state of rock music on a portable mp3 player introduced in 2001

the rot set in in the early 90's

grunge came along and destroyed the last vestige of imagination and creativity and since then , rap etc has taken over

or as i like to call it Crap

at least we still have our classic rock albums of the 50's , 60's , 70's and 80's

who cares aboot modern shit anways ?

:)