PDA

View Full Version : Gojira!!!

ULTRAMAN VH
09-07-2006, 08:02 AM
Well, finally after a long wait, fans can finally see the original japanese version of Gojira (AKA) GODZILLA!!! 40 minutes of footage were cut from the original film due to the topic of nuclear proliferation. As usual, hollyweird felt the need to dumb down the movie for American audiences and made it politically correct with added footage of Raymond Burr cast as a reporter investigating the reports of a huge creature roaming in the villages of Japan. Any atomic bomb references were left on the cutting room floor. The two dvd set will contain the remastered uncut original and the dumbed down U.S. version with Perry Mason. It will be interesting to compare the two different versions. The original carried a serious tone on the horrors of nuclear weapons, while the latter was edited to become science fiction entertainment.
This Godzilla film is the cream of the crop, while future incarnations of The King Of Monsters became campy and rediculous.

thome
09-07-2006, 08:25 AM
But isn't, The Bridges of Madison County a Movie..?

Isn't -Co zirrah-! a non-movie, in the snooty bitch of hollywierds mind.?

any addition to the crazy wacked out aproach to Movie makeing gets my vote.

Ho!!! Co-Zirrah!!!......... as fine a statement as any Movie Quote..

Hardrock69
09-07-2006, 09:45 AM
You said it wrong.

You are supposed to go:

"GOJIRA!!! AIEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!"
:eek:

Dr. Will
09-07-2006, 07:40 PM
At the end of the day,

it doesn't get any better than the original cut Godzilla.

It's what makes movies, movies!

Trust ME!

As far as the campy-side of the redux,

when it's all said and done, nothing wrong with that either.

Coyote
09-08-2006, 03:46 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MVKySmZ-nPk"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MVKySmZ-nPk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

ULTRAMAN VH
09-08-2006, 06:24 AM
Coyote, nice montage\tribute to The King Of Monsters!!!!

thome
09-08-2006, 06:53 AM
I never get bored with the Japanese Godzilla, Mothra, Megazord, creature,flicks. I feel the same about Ray Harryhousens (sp) Claymation flicks,50's and sixties Sci Fi, It's all to great!

And i rememmber UltraMan being on in the afternoons, Great Show!

I believe UltraMan tangled with Godzilla once ..?

ULTRAMAN VH
09-08-2006, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by thome
I never get bored with the Japanese Godzilla, Mothra, Megazord, creature,flicks. I feel the same about Ray Harryhousens (sp) Claymation flicks,50's and sixties Sci Fi, It's all to great!

And i rememmber UltraMan being on in the afternoons, Great Show!

I believe UltraMan tangled with Godzilla once ..?

That is correct sir, and I stomped his reptilian ass!! Just kidding. Actually the creators of Ultraman revamped an old Godzilla costume by adding a wing of some sort around the monsters neck to make Godzilla look like another creature. Well it didn't fool anybody and seconds into the fight scene Ultraman rips the wing off and it becomes Godzilla V.S. Ultraman. This was actually a pretty cool episode. With the advancements in special affects it would be neat to see a rematch between these to sci fi giants ala modern day CGI.

thome
09-08-2006, 07:38 AM
Rite On, The Godzilla 2000 or whatever it was with Mathew Broderic was a let down, a ok Movie, but Godzilla looked like a big Saltwater Galapagos Iguana, WTF!

I reallly thouht when i first heard about it they would stay with the Original themes of the Japanese Godzilla and have some great CGI.

I bet the Japanese Film Industry wouldn't give Hollywood the image Rites or some thing..?

I would pay the bucks to see a real good New Co-Zirra! Movie as long
as it was done in Japan .

ULTRAMAN VH
09-08-2006, 07:58 AM
Japanese movie makers have been updating Godzilla movies recently and can be purchased on DVD. I would recommend Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla (2002). The effects are top notch for guys running around in rubber suits. Amazon has many of these recently made flicks available for purchase.

thome
09-08-2006, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by ULTRAMAN VH
The effects are top notch for guys running around in rubber suits..

Ahhhhh.............Friday Night at thomesville, USA!

Sorry officer, i didn't realize the curtains were open, oops!:D

Coyote
09-08-2006, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by ULTRAMAN VH
Coyote, nice montage\tribute to The King Of Monsters!!!!

Don't I wish it was mine... :D