PDA

View Full Version : The media keeps missing the boat on Iraq

BigBadBrian
09-09-2006, 06:27 AM
The media keeps missing the boat on Iraq
By Mike Gallagher
Thursday, September 7, 2006

Liberals like to pretend that there isn’t a media bias when it comes to the coverage of the Bush Administration or the war. Despite the fact that newsrooms are filled with dyed-in-the-wool liberals, there’s a preposterous attempt to portray the mainstream press as fair and objective.

Well, this week’s news cycle has delivered proof that the liberal media bias is not only present, it’s overwhelming.

Most Americans probably believe that Iraq taking control of its military command is a big deal. Maj. Gen. William Caldwell, a U.S. military spokesman, called the takeover “gigantic.” In fact, it could be argued that the news about Iraq finally taking control of its armed forces command is one of the biggest and most successful examples of the progress that is being made in Iraq since the war began.

So what was the big story during this particular news cycle? It wasn’t the Iraq one. Evidently, the arrest of Paris Hilton for allegedly driving drunk is the gigantic story that America needs to hear.

In the all-time list of irrelevant stories, I’ve got to believe that the drunk driving arrest of some publicity-craving hotel heiress in Hollywood has to make the top ten. I can’t be the only person who couldn’t care less about the exploits of Paris Hilton.

But Iraq taking control of its military command? That’s about as big as it gets. Democrats keep harping about a timeline for our troops and many war critics want us to pull out immediately. If Iraq is now taking over its own military command, that is one giant step towards the day when we can finally leave that country altogether, right?

So go ahead and try to find the news media coverage of this historic event. Most newspapers buried it between the obituaries and the classified ads. USA Today saw fit to put the story on page 11A. The broadcast news media thought the Miami investigative reporter getting punched out and the stupid Paris Hilton story deserved much greater coverage.

And when the media did report on the military command takeover, the story was framed, as always, by reports of car bombings and mortar attacks. It’s as if the writers and reporters were saying, in hushed tones, “Well, Iraq took control of its armed forces command today BUT (changing over to a bellowing yell) MORE BLOODSHED TOOK PLACE WITH DRIVE-BY SHOOTINGS AND A CAR BOMBING!!!”

It’s really disgusting to witness this distortion of the truth in Iraq. Talk to just about any returning soldier, or one home on leave, and you’ll hear tale after tale of amazing progress being made in Iraq. Often, that same soldier will express complete amazement at the way the media has twisted and manipulated the facts to suit their agenda.

And the agenda is simply astonishing. The mainstream press hates President Bush so much that it’s actually hoping we’ll fail in Iraq. After all, there’s an election a few weeks away, right? There are Democrats that need to be elected, a House and Senate that is within reach for the Dems. Why worry about national security when the political stakes are so high?

It’s amusing to watch Bush critics struggle with the reason why there have been no terror attacks on American soil since September 11, 2001. I posed that question to the liberal radio listeners in my audience the other day and their answers were downright hysterical. “We’ve just been lucky”, said one caller. “You’re a liar, Gallagher, what about the anthrax scare?” asked another. And perhaps the best one of all: “George Bush has a secret deal with the terrorists to wait until after he leaves office until they hit us again.”

With that kind of blind ignorance, it’s no wonder the news media keeps trying to fool the American people into believing that the war is a total failure.

This week, history was made in Iraq. You can look it up. You’ll just have to look real hard.

Link (http://www.townhall.com/columnists/MikeGallagher/2006/09/07/the_media_keeps_missing_the_boat_on_iraq)

BigBadBrian
09-09-2006, 06:29 AM
Can anyone here in their right mind doubt the facts of this article.

I think not.

Mainstream Media (MSM) = LIBERAL

PS - except FoxNews, which is fair and balanced. :D

Ellyllions
09-09-2006, 09:57 AM
I heard an interview with a retired Navy SEAL yesterday while I was driving. Interesting stuff...

He was talking about how torture didn't work with this enemy when trying to get information. He said that he had one prisoner actually take his shirt off to show them the scars from being captured by the Iranians during the Iraq/Iran war. He said that the man was riddled with deep scars and that the guy kept saying, "What can you do to me that is worse than this? Worse than what I've already endured? I'm not talking."

He went on to explain that because most of them had already been tortured repeatedly whether by an enemy or their own superior officers, actual physical torture wouldn't work. He said that what they have to do is psychologically outsmart them. Make them uncomfortable and then pit them against each other...and obviously, that takes a lot of time. More time than torture would, but it's the only thing that works.

He said that the media used the word torture because it conjures up bloody brutal images that incites emotions and keep their ratings high. He said that it was totally unfair because when that image trickled down to other countries and opinions... the image rests on the American Soldiers currently posted in those countries. So all of a sudden the American Soldier who might not even be privvy to the news reports becomes a brutal irresponsible torturer making them a larger target.

We have become so desensitized to brutality that when we're channel surfing we only stop if we see/hear something violent. But even though we're drawn to it like flies we want to bitch about what someone else might be doing in the name of brutality even to the point of sensationalizing our own just to have a voice.

Mark my words, in 10 years we'll be looking to the National Enquirer or the Weekly World News in grocery stores for valuable trustworthy news.

Nickdfresh
09-09-2006, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian

I think not.

PS - except FoxNews, which is fair and balanced. :D

The facts of the article? Which were?

Um idiot, the mainstream media DID carry a story about this, in which they presented the fact that the Iraqi Army is unable to provide for they're own logistics, so they're essentially still clinging on to our forces and are under American command.

Sorry Brie, there are far more reasons to be dubious of the Iraqi Army/Police than there are reasons to be optimistic about them.

DEMON CUNT
09-09-2006, 11:50 AM
THE SPAM MASTER STRIKES AGAIN!

http://digital-lifestyles.info/copy_images/january-spam-lg1.jpg

You all will notice BigBland's use of the "liberal media" myth. Here the liberal tag is given to anyone who chooses to report on anything that does not go along with the "offical story" as designated by the administration.

BigBland reminds again us that he is an empty headed partisan wackoff who often confuses opinion for fact.

Warham
09-09-2006, 03:13 PM
This is not spam. He put up the article, then had his own comment afterwards.

DEMON CUNT
09-09-2006, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Warham
This is not spam. He put up the article, then had his own comment afterwards.

Right, and those weapons of mass destruction are still hidden away somewehre.

Nickdfresh
09-09-2006, 03:19 PM
Actually, it is Spam, because it's premise is full of shit and it is devoid of actual facts and examples.

Nitro Express
09-09-2006, 03:21 PM
Iraq, Al Quaida, Hezbolla, Iran or whoever will never destroy the United States. We will destroy ourselves. What I find alarming is the divide in this country and the lack of trust. Here we were attacked but the lack of trust does not pull us together. The United States is more divided than ever and divided we fall. We probably will split up the country along partison lines because we sure as hell aren't getting along or trusting as citizens.

Warham
09-09-2006, 03:23 PM
It's an article by Mike Gallagher, who's as big a name on radio as any of AA's 'hosts', yet their crap is flug all over this forum like a monkey throwing poop across a cage.

I have no problem with it.

Warham
09-09-2006, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
Right, and those weapons of mass destruction are still hidden away somewehre.

Probably in Syria somewhere. What's your point?

Ellyllions
09-09-2006, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
Iraq, Al Quaida, Hezbolla, Iran or whoever will never destroy the United States. We will destroy ourselves. What I find alarming is the divide in this country and the lack of trust. Here we were attacked but the lack of trust does not pull us together. The United States is more divided than ever and divided we fall. We probably will split up the country along partison lines because we sure as hell aren't getting along or trusting as citizens.

THIS, I agree with.

DEMON CUNT
09-09-2006, 04:09 PM

That you will believe whatever Sean Hannity, etc. tells you.

This is probably due to a lack of a positive male role model during the crucial years of your early emotional development. You seek a daddy to protect you and explain everything to you.

This would also explain your bizzare devotion to the Bush/Cheney regime.

Tell me about your father.

Ellyllions
09-09-2006, 04:27 PM
Ah-HAH!

Dr. Phil! Cautcha!

How long did you think you could hide? But the user name? Does that express some deep-seated resentment against women? I'm sure your wife won't mind if you wear her panties once in a while. It's ok, you have to trust sometime babe.....

: )

BigBadBrian
09-09-2006, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Ellyllions
THIS, I agree with.

I don't....not in a million years.

This country has more moral fiber and courage than you give it credit for.

Nickdfresh
09-09-2006, 06:05 PM
It's an article by Mike Gallagher, who's as big a name on radio as any of AA's 'hosts', yet their crap is flug all over this forum like a monkey throwing poop across a cage.

I have no problem with it.

Great, another "over-the-top" idiot with a broadcasting degree delves into issues far above his little grasp on reality.

BigBadBrian
09-09-2006, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Great, another "over-the-top" idiot with a broadcasting degree delves into issues far above his little grasp on reality.

Who? That Malloy character?

Nickdfresh
09-09-2006, 06:15 PM
Who? That Malloy character?

When have I posted an op-ed by him, douche-rinse?

BigBadBrian
09-09-2006, 06:17 PM
When have I posted an op-ed by him, douche-rinse?

Geez.....you just don't get it, do you? :D

Nickdfresh
09-09-2006, 06:20 PM

Get what?

Go ahead, admit you're just a troll at this point, though clearly you didn't start out as one.

I swear, I'll dump everyone of your shitty op-eds from here on out.

DEMON CUNT
09-09-2006, 06:34 PM

This is what you get from BigBland when he's backed into a corner.

BigBadBrian
09-09-2006, 06:50 PM

Coward. :cool:

BigBadBrian
09-09-2006, 06:52 PM

I guess I pissed you off, huh Buttercup?

:D

Ellyllions
09-09-2006, 06:56 PM
I don't....not in a million years.

This country has more moral fiber and courage than you give it credit for.

I hope to God that I'm wrong. It would be once that I'd be ecstatic to be wrong.

Nickdfresh
09-09-2006, 09:27 PM
I guess I pissed you off, huh Buttercup?

:D

You've merely come out of the closet.

If all you're here to do is "piss off" the people you can no longer debate, it's over BigBitchCryin.

Warham
09-09-2006, 10:01 PM

You listen to AA, don't ya?

Nickdfresh
09-09-2006, 10:10 PM
You listen to AA, don't ya?

Yeah, pretty much only Al Franken though:

(Franken) graduated from The Blake School in 1969, where he was on the school wrestling team. He attended Harvard University and graduated cum laude in 1973 with a Bachelor of Arts in government.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Franken

Warham
09-09-2006, 10:28 PM
Does that mean that all graduates of Harvard are intelligent?

Nickdfresh
09-09-2006, 11:04 PM
No, but it means that he might just know what the fuck he is talking about.

BTW, why don't you research Rush's background for me?

Warham
09-09-2006, 11:08 PM
No, but it means that he might just know what the fuck he is talking about.

BTW, why don't you research Rush's background for me?

Pretty simple...

Born in Missouri.

Dropped out of college.

Married 3 times, I believe. No children.

Has bad hearing, but had a Cochlear implant put in after 2000 sometime.

Worked as a DJ, for the KC Royals in their marketing dept.

Moved to Sacramento. Started local radio show in 1984.

Became syndicated in 1988. Moved to NY, establishing EIB network, with the golden microphone.

Broadcast on over 600 stations in the US.

Makes $20 million+ a year.

Most well-known radio-talk show host in US history, as well as the most popular in US History.

Good enough? It's all from memory.

Seshmeister
09-09-2006, 11:10 PM
Wow!

Great news so all our troops will be coming home in the next month them?

Woo fucking hoo!

Nickdfresh
09-09-2006, 11:16 PM
Pretty simple...

Born in Missouri.

Dropped out of college.

Married 3 times, I believe. No children.

Has bad hearing, but had a Cochlear implant put in after 2000 sometime.

Worked as a DJ, for the KC Royals in their marketing dept.

Moved to Sacramento. Started local radio show in 1984.

Became syndicated in 1988. Moved to NY, establishing EIB network, with the golden microphone.

Broadcast on over 600 stations in the US.

Makes $20 million+ a year.

Most well-known radio-talk show host in US history, as well as the most popular in US History.

Good enough? It's all from memory.

Wow, a college drop out. Very great. BTW, a lot of Nazis got rich, does that validate what they said they believed? Is that your main benchmark for success? Lying to get rich? BTW, being a thrice-divorced drug addict addicted to pain-killers just reeks of fulfillment.

What has he said about drug-addicts and gay-marriage again? LMAO!!

Warham
09-09-2006, 11:18 PM
Wow, a college drop out. Very great. BTW, a lot of Nazis got rich, does that validate what they said they believed? Is that your main benchmark for success? Lying to get rich? BTW, being a thrice-divorced drug addict addicted to pain-killers just reeks of fulfillment.

I dunno, you admire Clinton and look at all the nasty things he did and still does.

:)

By the way, he didn't inhale!

Warham
09-09-2006, 11:19 PM
Don't make fun of college dropouts.

There was a feller named Einstein that comes to mind.

Nickdfresh
09-09-2006, 11:21 PM
I dunno, you admire Clinton and look at all the nasty things he did and still does.

He was also a Rhodes Scholar at Oxford while 'not-inhaling'.

Not a pill-popping freak criticizing others on the radio for being addicts and saying they need to go into concentration camps.

Warham
09-09-2006, 11:23 PM
He was also a Rhodes Scholar at Oxford while 'not-inhaling'.

Not a pill-popping freak criticizing others on the radio for being addicts and saying they need to go into concentration camps.

Bush also got better grades in college than John Kerry, yet you were all saying how much more intelligent Kerry was during the 2004 election cycle.

And Rush made a mistake on the air. I'm sure a liberal talk show host has never erred, right?

Nickdfresh
09-09-2006, 11:26 PM
Bush also got better grades in college than John Kerry, yet you were all saying how much more intelligent Kerry was during the 2004 election cycle.

No, he didn't. They were close, and Kerry did better in the actual gov't subjects that mattered.

And Bush was a "legacy."

And Rush made a mistake on the air. I'm sure a liberal talk show host has never erred, right?

Yeah, apologize for the bitch some more. He's a phony cunt, yet still you listen intently, so you can get your news from an addict-liar.

Warham
09-09-2006, 11:57 PM
No, he didn't. They were close, and Kerry did better in the actual gov't subjects that mattered.

And Bush was a "legacy."

Yeah, apologize for the bitch some more. He's a phony cunt, yet still you listen intently, so you can get your news from an addict-liar.

Kerry's was a percentage point less. I believe Bush received a 77 and Kerry had a 76 in college.

It doesn't matter. It was something the liberals never wanted to mention in 2004 for fear of shattering a misconceived notion that they had JFK Jr running for office.

I don't have to apologize for Limbaugh. I enjoy his program, and I won't drive off the road falling asleep, which would happen if I listened to AA regularly.

blueturk
09-10-2006, 12:00 AM

Clinton Clinton Clinton.....:rolleyes:

Warham
09-10-2006, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by blueturk
Clinton Clinton Clinton.....:rolleyes:

Now that you mention him, didn't he fuck some fat intern once? Maybe he just smoked a few cigars with her...

Nickdfresh
09-10-2006, 12:07 AM
Kerry's was a percentage point less. I believe Bush received a 77 and Kerry had a 76 in college.

It doesn't matter. It was something the liberals never wanted to mention in 2004 for fear of shattering a misconceived notion that they had JFK Jr running for office.

I don't have to apologize for Limbaugh. I enjoy his program, and I won't drive off the road falling asleep, which would happen if I listened to AA regularly.

In which courses? Did Bush get a 98% in Cheerleading, which would have raised his cumulative GPA? I think someone broke down the courses, and found Kerry did pretty well in history and the like, whereas Bush got good marks in Home Ec.

And you don't listen to AA, so how would you know? Give Al a try, even Ford hates him...

Warham
09-10-2006, 12:10 AM
I've listened to AA. It's always good to tune in to hear what the 'other side' has to say.

I've heard bits of Franken (boring), Randi Rhodes (good lord!) and Mike Malloy (funny...not!).

Then there's Ed Schultz...

Nickdfresh
09-10-2006, 12:22 AM
I'm not a Rhandi fan (redundant) and Malloy is only funny at certain times, but I honestly haven't heard him all that much.

And Franken is deadpan and understated. If that's boring to you, than so be it. But he's easily the smartest guy on radio.

And I don't think politics should be about entertainment.

Warham
09-10-2006, 12:24 AM
I really haven't listened enough to Franken to make a very good overall judgement, but what I did hear was boring.

I do believe that if it's not straight news, that it should be entertaining. When it comes down to it, it's all about ratings. The host might believe what he says with all his heart, but if no one is listening, who cares?

Nickdfresh
09-10-2006, 12:28 AM
He's actually very funny, but it's an acquired taste regardless of political beliefs.

He's funny when he doesn't try to do comedic bits, and just makes snide little comments.

You have to listen for a while in any case. But he has some very good guests on.

Warham
09-10-2006, 12:30 AM
What time is he on? I get a weak AA signal up here.

Nickdfresh
09-10-2006, 12:34 AM
12:00-3:00PM, and is repeated at 1:00AM.

sadaist
09-10-2006, 06:16 AM
I love reading these threads that Brian starts. It's enjoyable to watch the liberals on this site slam him for posting "spam", yet not discuss or debate the articles he posts.

Nickdfresh
09-10-2006, 07:05 AM
What's to debate? Find a point, the debate it.

Actually, I refuted the articles main thesis, that "the liberal media" ignored the Iraqi Army transition story, which it clearly did not.

Brian was just too dumb to post an actual news article then (about a week ago) so he had to be spoon-fed his opinion by some lame op-eder.

Seshmeister
09-10-2006, 07:49 AM

LMFAO. You still think that?

sadaist
09-10-2006, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by sadaist
yet not discuss or debate the articles he posts.

What's to debate? Find a point, the debate it.

You can still discuss the article. That's why I offered both options...discuss OR debate. But 2nd grade name calling and mudslinging shouldn't always be your go-to option. That should only be used when you know you are wrong and have nothing left to say about the subtance of the article.

On second thought, reading many of your posts I understand why that is your standard go-to option. Carry on.

BigBadBrian
09-10-2006, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by sadaist
I love reading these threads that Brian starts. It's enjoyable to watch the liberals on this site slam him for posting "spam", yet not discuss or debate the articles he posts.

Indeed.

I offer an opinion on the article I post....the liberals then hurl an insult.

It's the method of operation around here.

:gulp:

Guitar Shark
09-11-2006, 07:59 PM

You're not seriously defending Bush's intelligence level, are you?

ODShowtime
09-11-2006, 08:28 PM
Now that you mention him, didn't he fuck some fat intern once? Maybe he just smoked a few cigars with her...

What a moronic retort. :rolleyes:

WHO GIVES A FUCK YOU MORON????

DEMON CUNT
09-11-2006, 08:29 PM
Indeed.

I offer an opinion on the article I post....the liberals then hurl an insult.

It's the method of operation around here.

Really? So this is all you can offer as far as "an opinion"? Try again, dummy. How about some substance this time?

I think not.

PS - except FoxNews, which is fair and balanced.

That's pretty thin. And this is one of your longer "opinions" presented here.

blueturk
09-11-2006, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark

Now wait a minute! George Sr. paid damn good money for those grades!

"They misunderestimated me." --George W. Bush, Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

"Arbolist … Look up the word. I don't know, maybe I made it up. Anyway, it's an arbo-tree-ist, somebody who knows about trees." —George W. Bush, as quoted in USA Today, Aug. 21, 2001

"Sometimes when I sleep at night I think of (Dr. Seuss's) 'Hop on Pop.'" —George W. Bush, in a speech about childhood education, Washington, D.C., April 2, 2002

knuckleboner
09-11-2006, 11:05 PM
Don't make fun of college dropouts.

There was a feller named Einstein that comes to mind.

(actually, einstein graduated...;))

Warham
09-12-2006, 07:04 AM

Was that the point of my post?

Warham
09-12-2006, 07:05 AM
Really? So this is all you can offer as far as "an opinion"? Try again, dummy. How about some substance this time?

That's pretty thin. And this is one of your longer "opinions" presented here.

Quit attacking Brian and get to work finding something that validates Joe Wilson's claims.

LoungeMachine
09-12-2006, 11:37 AM
Quit attacking Brian and get to work finding something that validates Joe Wilson's claims.

LMMFAO

Yeah, quit attacking Brie, DC......

Or Hammy's gonna get pissed off. :D

Too cute.

LoungeMachine
09-12-2006, 11:38 AM

It must have been, why else would you resort to a Dumsfeldian rhetorical question? :rolleyes:

Besides, you posts rarely have a point. :rolleyes:

Guitar Shark
09-12-2006, 11:47 AM

I'll take that as a no.

Warham
09-12-2006, 02:58 PM
I'll take that as a no.

The point was, and Lounge can't grasp it, is that everybody that was hyping Kerry up as some pseudo-intellectual in the 2004 election.

Guitar Shark
09-12-2006, 04:08 PM
The point was, and Lounge can't grasp it, is that everybody that was hyping Kerry up as some pseudo-intellectual in the 2004 election.

And you use college grades to disprove that claim?

I don't care who had the better grades. It is painfully obvious to any rational person that the 2006 Kerry is brighter than the 2006 Bush.

LoungeMachine
09-12-2006, 05:22 PM
And you use college grades to disprove that claim?

I don't care who had the better grades. It is painfully obvious to any rational person that the 2006 Kerry is brighter than the 2006 Bush.

He's grasping at straws.....

Anything to cling to in hopes of not pinning his future on a complete failure.

BushCO is dead in the water. And he knows it.

Just can't admit it.

DEMON CUNT
09-12-2006, 09:05 PM

Nothing that I provide will cause you change your mind. You are a partisan hack who never strays from the party's message.

You require characters like Wilson in your world so that you have someone to blame and therefore deflect the responsibility from your protective daddy president.

LoungeMachine
09-12-2006, 09:33 PM
Nothing that I provide will cause you change your mind. You are a partisan hack who never strays from the party's message.

You require characters like Wilson in your world so that you have someone to blame and therefore deflect the responsibility from your protective daddy president.

Owned WarPIG.

And didn't even need feces or man ass to do it :D

How many say Ow?

LMMFAO:cool: