PDA

View Full Version : Roger Waters: Dark Side of the Moon Tour

diamondsgirl
09-11-2006, 06:36 PM
I saw this show on Saturday night at the Tweeter Center in Mansfeild and it was a helluva show. Rogers voice sounds mint and he's got Dave Kilminister on guitar. I had never heard David play before and was blown away by his talent. I missed the first few minutes or so of the show, but got to hear over 2 hours of mostly Floyd tunes.

They were playing Mother as we pulled into the parking lot, which was funny because I was playing Mother on my CD at the same time. Anyway, I am not sure what was next because we had to park so fucking far away we completely missed the next song. :(

When we got to our seats Shine On You Crazy Diamond was just starting and it rocked. As you may know, Roger is real big on the use of video during his shows and they did a really nice tribute to Syd Barrett during this tune. Lots of pics of him up on the jumbotron behind the stage, etc. I just love this song and Dave K.'s sound was fantastic. This tune always reminded me of Roth...hmmm....

Then was Have a Cigar and Wish You Were Here back to back. I can not even describe the coolness of these two songs live on a gorgeous summer night under the stars. I really hope he puts out a DVD of this tour. Its really hard to describe.

I'm not a huge fan of The Final Cut, but it sounded decent live. He ended it asking the audience "Are you having a nice time?" just like in the song and the place erupted. After that he played two (or three??) songs that I was not real familiar with. Both were anti-war tunes. One was called Perfect Sense (which is actually two songs, I think...and the second part is an all out Bush Bashing) and the other was Leaving Beruit. The latter tune was the very cool true story of Roger's car breaking down in Lebenon was he was 17 years old and this poor family took him in and treated him kindly, and now he is wondering what happened to them with the war and all. It was quite sad. :(

Anyone who has seen Floyd knows about the Pig. The pig was out that night and was actually set free. That was a wild sight, this big huge pig balloon (like the size of a small car) floating up into space (right toward the moon, btw)with the words "Free At Last" on its belly. On its side it said "Save our bacon...vote Democrat". A man dressed as a butcher (covered with blood) cut the pig free. Like I said...wild. He later went through the crowd posing for photos.

Us and Them was absolutely gorgeous. Ian Ritchie kicked ass on sax.

Then they did the Dark of Side of the Moon album which blew me away. Does that music ever get old? Each song sounding better than the next. He ended with Brain Damage and Eclipse and said goodnight.

And came back with Another Brick in the Wall, Vera Lyn and a very touching rendition of Bring The Boys back Home ( I cried) complete with pics of our soldiers in Iraq.

The highlight of the night (for me) was Comfortably Numb, which he played last. Dave K's guitar was so bluesy and he played so passionately, I never wanted it to end. The outro was not as good as the original because Dave's solo ended and another guitar picked up and I think it broke the flow and killed the moment, so to speak. Both guitars sounded good, but I didn't like the way they did that.

I am sure I am missing some tunes, but you get the gist. If you can catch this show ...do it!!!

The fans ranged in age from teenagers to 60 year olds and most people (myself excluded, this time) were pretty friggin baked. :cool:

The air smelled sweeeeet.

Big Troubles
09-11-2006, 06:41 PM
Ha! The Pig in full effect. :cool: Seen them in Toronto years ago. Wild show. Very stoned too! lol
Sounds like you had a great time and it's nice to know that there is still active rock and roll bands touring.

diamondD
09-11-2006, 07:57 PM
Nice review. I do hope he releases a dvd because he's not coming close enough to me to catch this one.

MAX
09-12-2006, 07:01 AM
Wish You Were Heeya...