PDA

View Full Version : School Shooting In Montreal

PHOENIX
09-13-2006, 07:34 PM
MONTREAL, Quebec (CNN) -- A gunman was killed by police and 20 students were wounded after a Wednesday shooting at Dawson College in downtown Montreal, police said.

Another student -- a woman in her 20s -- died later, Radio Canada quoted Montreal Police Chief Yvan Delorme as saying.

Initial reports indicated that as many as four people, including two gunmen, had been killed, but Delorme told CNN that only the single gunman was killed. Police were looking for other possible suspects, he said.

Delorme would not comment on a motive, but said the shootings were not hate crimes or terror-related. (Watch students flee the scene -- 1:38)

Three of the critically wounded were in operating rooms Wednesday afternoon, and three others were awaiting operations, a Montreal General Hospital spokeswoman said. Two other critically wounded victims were in the emergency room, she said.

All surgeries should be completed by Wednesday evening, she said.

The spokeswoman said at least 14 victims had been brought to area hospitals. Eleven patients were transported to Montreal General and four or five more had been taken to two other area hospitals to ease the burden on Montreal General, she said.

Among the wounds being treated were gunshots to the head, abdomen, chest, arms and legs, she said. (Watch witnesses describe escaping through pools of blood -- 3:44)

Police cordoned off the 12-acre campus after the incident and searched a nearby shopping mall for suspects, a police spokesman said.

A SWAT team was in the college because "we believe there might be other suspects inside the Dawson College," a Montreal police spokesman told reporters.

Police were using search dogs in a door-to-door search for the gunman or gunmen Wednesday afternoon, another spokesman said.

The shots were randomly fired in the cafeteria and atrium, and students said they didn't think anyone was targeted, said reporter Genevieve Beauchemin with the television station CFCF. Students told Beauchemin that at least one of the gunmen was dressed in black.

'He had no emotion'
A student told Global News in Montreal that one of the shooters was in his early 20s and was wearing a trench coat.

"He was saying nothing, just shooting. He told people to get away, and that was it," the student said.

Another student, Daniel Mightley, 21, said the shooting began outside the college. Mightley said he was heading to lunch when he saw one of the shooters to his right. The gunman, who was wearing a black trench coat and had a mohawk, fired a shot and "everybody just ran inside," he said.

"I saw his face and he had no emotion in his face whatsoever," Mightley said. "He was walking very slowly toward us and just shooting."

Mightley said he saw at least one person get shot.

Police had not yet determined how many people were shot, said Sgt. Giuseppe Boccardi.

"My understanding, at this moment, is that most of the students have exited the college grounds," Boccardi said.

Video showed students streaming from the campus after the midday shootings.

"People were literally running for their lives," said Beauchemin, describing what the students told her was a "stampede."

Emergency personnel and police, in bulletproof vests, wheeled people on two stretchers to ambulances. Boccardi said he couldn't provide a description of the victims.

A first-year student who didn't give her name said she saw one victim who had been shot in the leg being helped across the street, and another who had been shot in the stomach lying on the sidewalk.

"We were just sitting in class, and we were listening to the teacher and we heard guns going off," the student said. "We looked outside and everyone was screaming and crying and there were people that got shot that were running away.

"And then our teacher left, and he came back and said the gunmen were inside and we had to leave."

Dawson College will be closed until Monday, Radio Canada reported.

The college has 7,000 day students and 3,000 night students, according to the Dawson Web site.

In Canada, students as young as 16 can attend colleges, which generally serve as bridges between high schools and universities.

This is not the first shooting at a Montreal college. About 17 years ago, Marc Lepine opened fire at Ecole Polytechnique. Fourteen female students were killed in the December 1989 shooting before Lepine killed himself.

Lepine left behind a three-page letter blaming feminists for his not being able to get into the school.

Nitro Express
09-13-2006, 08:01 PM
Sounds like the typical suicidal teach them a lesson psyco shit. Thank God most people feel they are accountable in some kind of afterlife, it's the ones who feel noting who are the dangerouse motherfuckers.

binnie
09-14-2006, 06:19 AM
Sad, just sad really....

WACF
09-14-2006, 10:59 AM
Just a twisted fuck....

http://www.canada.com/saskatoonstarphoenix/story.html?id=7e2294f1-d29e-459b-8909-b5b38d3e7063&k=54541

Dark picture of suspect in Montreal shootings emerges

His name was Kimveer Gill, alias Trench, and he was a Goth, part of a subculture that takes its cues from Gothic literature and horror movies.

At 25 years old, the Montrealer yesterday became famous as the man suspected of staging a live-action horror of his own: the shooting of more than a dozen students at Dawson College, one of them fatally, before he himself was shot dead by police.

Identified in news reports today as the shooter, Gill left behind an illustrated profile of himself on Vampire Freaks.com. "His name is Kimveer. You will come to know him as Trench," the 18-page profile begins.

"He is not a people person. He has met a handfull (sic) of people in his life who are decent. But he finds the majority to be worthless, no good, kniving (sic), betraying, lieing (sic), deceptive mother f--ckers. Work sucks. School sucks. Life sucks. What else can I say."

A crude aphorism follows: "Life is a video game, you gotta die sometime."

He then goes on to take a quiz, and the answers he gives to questions like "How f--cked up are you?" prompt this response from the site: "Wait there. We’re coming to get you now. We’ve called the guys in white coats (to) get you, so don’t commit a mass murder before they come."

The next quiz questions asks "How truly depressed are you?" And from his answer, the site concludes: "Suicidally depressed. You are longing to kill yourself, you slit your wrists, not for fun, but because the world isn’t worth living in."

The site records that Gill last logged in four days ago, on Sept. 10 at 4:54 a.m. It says he became a member on the site – one of 595,705 members – on Nov. 14, 2005.

On the site, Gill answered a survey, too, in great detail.

Born: July 9, 1981, in Montreal.

Heritage: Indian.

Goal this year: "Stay alive."

Most missed memory: "Being young."

Been in love? Yes.

Been on drugs in the past month? Yes.

Want to die how? "Like Romeo and Juliet, or in a hail of gunfire."

Number of things I regret: "I regret nothing."

Asked to list his likes, these were some of his responses: Germany, Marilyn Manson, "First-Person Shooters.

Dislikes? There are many, filling two pages. But the first entry, in capital letters, pretty well sums things up:

"The world and everything in it."

Nitro Express
09-14-2006, 11:09 AM
Sounds like some depressed twisted asshole who instead of blaming his brains out at home wanted fame and recognition before he died.

I mean no sane person is going to go into a school and start blaming away. First, it's obviousely wrong to all but the most mind fucked. Plus, you aren't getting out alive. The cops are going to be all over your ass.

A sad growing problem.

I have a psyciatrist friend who says the youth of today are tottaly mind fucked compared to early generations. Lots of self-mutulation and cutting. What scares me, if you are willing to mutulate yourself well, what are you then willing to do to others?

Sadly, it will happen again somewhere else, it's only a matter of time.

FORD
09-14-2006, 11:28 AM
Either the kid should have been on medication, or he was and the medication fucked him up worse.

Depression and the chemical imbalance which causes it are very real things. Unfortunately, the pharmaceutical companies produce shit that makes it worse.

The natural alternative 5-HTP is much better. Raises the serotonin to proper levels with no side effects.

Nitro Express
09-14-2006, 12:34 PM
He probably did have some clinical depression but still, he chose to do what he did. We can't blame Prozac or the lack thereof on all of societies ills.

Mass shootings and killings are nothing new but there seems to be more of them with a shorter time in-between. It seems to be young people doing it to.

What's next? some asshole making a flame thrower in their garage and turning it loose on the school?

Nickdfresh
09-14-2006, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by WACF
Just a twisted fuck....

http://www.canada.com/saskatoonstarphoenix/story.html?id=7e2294f1-d29e-459b-8909-b5b38d3e7063&k=54541

Dark picture of suspect in Montreal shootings emerges

His name was Kimveer Gill, alias Trench, and he was a Goth, part of a subculture that takes its cues from Gothic literature and horror movies.

In other words --he was gay.

Vinnie Velvet
09-14-2006, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh

Not to stereotype gays, but that's always a possibility.

Sexually frustrated? Maybe.

Never got any girls to like him??? Very possible.

Whatever the case, this guy was incredibly disturbed and decided to take out whatver hatred he had brewing on helpless kids.

Fucking moron.

WACF
09-14-2006, 05:24 PM

Don't know...I never got that impression from the article...

Vinnie Velvet
09-14-2006, 05:34 PM
Don't know...I never got that impression from the article...

Neither did I.

I read one article where it said that he liked "goth girls", according to his blog.

Nitro Express
09-15-2006, 12:01 AM
If he was pissed, wanted to die, and shoot people, we should have sent him to Iraq or Afganistahn. "Hey Kimveer, see those Taliban over there, go for it dude! Rock and Roll!"

RuzDNailz
09-15-2006, 12:45 AM
He was influenced by other school shootings. What's different was he didn't even attend the school at all. It's a really nice facility and in Montreal, you get a lot of that. He had guns in his basement and his parents never took notice? What the fuck is up with that?

He was so into Columbine, that he wanted to emulate it. Well, he fullfilled what he intended to do and that's the real sad thing. People get put down all the time in high school. You don't just go there to attend and learn, you also go there to endure. That's the sad reality of it all. Shit happens and you have to learn how to deal with it in a rational manner.

WACF
09-15-2006, 01:53 AM
I hate our media.

They should of never shown his picture on the news...the ones of him pointing a gun mostly.
They should of just named him...called him a deranged sick fuck and left it at that.

They glorifiy what he did in the eyes of other sick bastards.
Once again they show the pictures of the Columine killers then show him...that is what the cunt wanted I am sure.

All for the sake of news.

Vinnie Velvet
09-18-2006, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by RuzDNailz
He was influenced by other school shootings. What's different was he didn't even attend the school at all. It's a really nice facility and in Montreal, you get a lot of that. He had guns in his basement and his parents never took notice? What the fuck is up with that?

He was so into Columbine, that he wanted to emulate it. Well, he fullfilled what he intended to do and that's the real sad thing. People get put down all the time in high school. You don't just go there to attend and learn, you also go there to endure. That's the sad reality of it all. Shit happens and you have to learn how to deal with it in a rational manner.

I read that there are even other losers out there, like Kimveer, who thought he "missed the mark" by only killing one, whereas in the Colubine shooting, 13 died.

There are more twisted and sick fucks out there, sad as that is.

Nitro Express
09-18-2006, 02:42 PM
I hate our media.

They should of never shown his picture on the news...the ones of him pointing a gun mostly.
They should of just named him...called him a deranged sick fuck and left it at that.

They glorifiy what he did in the eyes of other sick bastards.
Once again they show the pictures of the Columine killers then show him...that is what the cunt wanted I am sure.

All for the sake of news.

Exactly. These sick fucks shoot people they don't even know and they want all the attention they can get because they know they are either going to shoot themselves in the end or the cops are going to do it for them.

The bottom line is they are suicidal and instead of writing a note they use having nothing to lose and their hate to fuel a uphoric murdering rush that ends in big headlines. Instead of being some loser who capped himself in the basement alone, this guy got exactly what he wanted. Fame.

Big Train
09-19-2006, 01:05 AM
Michael Moore told me that kinda thing doesn't happen in Canada.

WACF
09-19-2006, 10:01 AM
Micheal Moore will soon turn it into a right wing conspiricy.

Nickdfresh
09-19-2006, 01:33 PM
Well, at least he wasn't Muslim. God knows how many "Let's fucking gas the Islamofascist" posts in this thread we'd have...

WACF
09-19-2006, 01:39 PM
Well, at least he wasn't Muslim. God knows how many "Let's fucking gas the Islamofascist" posts in this thread we'd have...

Actually...he was Muslim...but that has nothing to do with what he did.

WACF
09-19-2006, 01:44 PM
I should take that back.

I do not know that he was Muslim....I believe his family came from Pakistan or India.
His mother talked about how she tried to arrange a marrage for him to make him happier.

That does not mean they are Muslim.

For sure though this guy had some bad wiring...sad.

Nickdfresh
09-19-2006, 02:05 PM
If his family was from India, than he was more than likely Hindu or Sikh. (Although there's a small possibility he was a Muslim)

RuzDNailz
09-24-2006, 06:23 PM
In the case of him possibly getting an arranged marriage, then he was from India. But in this whole incident, nationality is irrelavent. The sick fuckface got the attention he wanted and that's the bottom line. He isn't going to hurt any more people.

RuzDNailz
09-24-2006, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Big Train
Michael Moore told me that kinda thing doesn't happen in Canada.

Bob Dylan said it best when he sang 'The times they are a changing'.