PDA

View Full Version : Whitney Houston files for divorce

Little Texan
09-14-2006, 02:55 AM
Whitney Wants Out

by Sarah Hall
Sep 13, 2006, 1:35 PM PT

Being Mrs. Bobby Brown no longer appeals to Whitney Houston.

The "So Emotional" singer has filed for divorce from her husband of 14 years, her rep, Nancy Seltzer, confirmed to E! News.

Houston filed the paperwork on Friday in Orange County, California, Seltzer told People magazine. She explained that the filing was technically for a legal separation, but that Houston is referring to it as divorce, as that is her intent.

However, Brown's attorney, Phaedra Parks, emphasized that the split had not yet reached that stage.

"It is a legal separation. It is not a divorce or a divorce petition," Parks told the Associated Press.

Court proceedings in the split are expected to begin next month. As yet, there's no word on custody arrangements for the couple's 13-year-old daughter, Bobbi Kristina.

It's certainly not the first bump in the road for Brown, 37, and Houston, 43, whose tumultuous union has been well chronicled both in the press and on camera since they wed on June 18, 1992.

In between stints in jail for Brown and rehab for Houston, the couple's marriage endured a trial separation, rumors of infidelity, drug addiction, domestic abuse and various encounters with the law.

In December 2003, police were called to the couple's Georgia home after Brown allegedly struck Houston during a heated argument.

Though the twosome tried to handle the matter privately, Brown was ordered to stand trial for battery.

Then came the duo's bizarre TV turn on the Bravo reality series Being Bobby Brown, which provided viewers with far more than they needed to know about Brown and Houston's bathroom habits, but failed to demystify the inner workings of their marriage.

In January, reports surfaced once again that the pair were on the verge of divorce, despite Brown's adamant denials.

"We're here and we're gonna be together for a long time, so people can expect us to stay together," the R&B singer told People magazine at the time. "I'm with my wife for the duration--and that's life."

A few months later, Brown's sister made headlines when she told the National Enquirer that the marriage was suffering because Houston was addicted to crack and provided photos of what she said was her sister-in-law's bathroom, littered with apparent drug residue and garbage.

However, Brown again defended his Grammy-winning wife, telling People he was "happily married."

"We are going to stand for each other for as long we live," he said. "I adore that woman. She helps me see God. I look in her eyes and I see God."

Apparently, Brown's eyes don't hold the same allure for Houston.

In recent months, the "I Will Always Love You" singer has made attempts to polish her public image.

On Tuesday, she made a rare appearance at the Ella Awards with her cousin, Dionne Warwick, and longtime mentor Clive Davis.

Houston is also working on a new album, her first since 2002's Just Whitney.

As for Brown, he reunited with New Edition in July for a performance at the Essence Musical Festival that received mixed reviews and plans to mount a full-scale New Edition tour in 2008.

Link (http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,20006,00.html)

binnie
09-14-2006, 03:32 AM
Probably means that she'll be on the comeback trail!

fryingdutchman
09-14-2006, 04:54 AM
Smartest thing she's done in 14 years.

Bobby Brown is a worthless piece of shit.

SparkieD
09-14-2006, 08:01 AM
Whitney Houston - Kiss my Ass!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bcmw0ufHoBo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bcmw0ufHoBo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

thome
09-14-2006, 08:08 AM
He was holding out on her one night and that's what cha get when you mess with Whitneys Crack..

She will withdraw the petition as soon as Bobby makes the run to the crack house, nothing to see here....

Just a lil lovers crack spat ,nothing to see here...

binnie
09-14-2006, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by thome

She will withdraw the petition as soon as Bobby makes the run to the crack house, nothing to see here....

Something tells me you may be right.....

thome
09-14-2006, 09:14 AM
Rick James " Cocain is a terrible drug."

thome, "Detoxing is a terrible hell."

OWN YOUR ADDICTIONS!!!

Fight the Power!

binnie
09-14-2006, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by thome
Rick James " Cocain is a terrible drug."

thome, "Detoxing is a terrible hell."

OWN YOUR ADDICTIONS!!!

Ha Ha!!

Welcome to the 12 step programe!

Fight the Power!

CROWBAR
09-14-2006, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by fryingdutchman
Smartest thing she's done in 14 years.

Bobby Brown is a worthless piece of shit.

ABSOLUTELY BRO!

Bobby Brown did nothing but hang on her coat tail and take a free ride, courtesy of Whitney. He totally took advantage of that songbird! That nigga exposed her to crack, got her hooked, broken family, etc.

well, you know the story. Killing him is too good.

BITEYOASS
09-15-2006, 12:19 AM
I had this weird dream a few months ago, after leaving the Georgie Dome after a Falcons game I see 2 homeless Brothas. One is playing "Every little step I take" on a harmonica and the other one is Bobby Brown dancing around to the music and holding a bottle of whiskey at the same time. Does this sound like a prophecy? :D

Nitro Express
09-16-2006, 01:25 AM
If whitney still has her voice and cleans up her act and has a good management team behind her she can come back. Bobby on the other hand is dated and left back in the 80's.

Diamondjimi
09-16-2006, 01:47 AM
1st rule for sobriety !?

DIVORCE YOUR FUCKIN DEALER !!!