http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8879280584361243887&q=smartcard&hl=en

franksters
09-14-2006, 05:53 PM
pretty cool! makes you think...

Jérôme Frenchise
09-14-2006, 07:37 PM
It's a really, really great short film!
Maybe we're heading towards this...

On a lighter note, I got rid of my cell phone 3 years ago, because of an invading girlfriend I had broken up with, and also because it pissed me off that I could be bothered any time when I was out anywhere. Just as it pisses me when I'm with folks who will consider where they are, who they're with and what they're there for, unimportant as soon as their cell phone rings.
Dammit! When you are somewhere in company, you're there and that's all, aren't you? :mad:

This film makes you wonder, that's right. As far as I'm concerned, it's more about how we're more and more assisted in more and more aspects of life. We're being led to less and less thought, less and less free will, and the guy in the beginning of the film is almost a vegetable...
It's the perspective of that race for making everything automatic, pre-meditated, pre-chewed, ready-made... Making citizens always more easily manipulated: they can't count anymore, can't read and analyse anymore, can't take directions anymore, can't think by themselves anymore, then won't question the way they're governed. That's where we're heading, and we've already gone a long way.

Jérôme Frenchise
08-08-2013, 11:16 AM
Damn, I searched for this short movie now and then over the last couple of years, but could never find it because I had forgotten its title...
So glad I can see it again at last - had to scroll "a few" pages in Non.

Coyote's link of that time no longer works, so here it is again, "Smart Card":

Coyote
08-11-2013, 08:40 AM
Bumpity-bop!