PDA

View Full Version : College Football Gameday: September 16, 2006

POJO_Risin
09-16-2006, 08:04 AM
Well...

we have some match-ups a-rolling today...

choose your favorite...and shoot the shit...

looking forward to Notre Dame and Michigan turning into a scoreless tie...

EbDawson
09-16-2006, 11:02 AM
Lee Corso said LSU will beat Auburn.

True freshman Matt Stafford starting for Georgia. Normally, I don't follow Georgia real close but i will give this one a look to check out Stafford.

VHdamaco
09-16-2006, 02:41 PM
matt gottfried (or mike) the guy calling the iowa and iowa state game has got to be high as shit right now...

he just unveiled his current top 10...

had FSU 2 and louisville 3rd...

i guess thats why he's just a colo commentator along with some chick and not anyone real important on ESPN...

POJO_Risin
09-16-2006, 02:54 PM
lmfao...

FLORIDA STATE #2?

LOUISVILLE #3?

If Louisville still had Bush...I firmly believe you could rank them top ten...chance for top 5...without him top 10...

that is fucking ridiculous...

POJO_Risin
09-16-2006, 02:56 PM
I'm not watching it...but noticed that Cincy was only down 13-7 to OSU...

not sure quarter or half...

POJO_Risin
09-16-2006, 02:58 PM
nevermind about the OSU game...just looked and it's 34-7...

Cincy WAS up in that game though...7-3...lmfao...

POJO_Risin
09-16-2006, 03:08 PM
Rating and calling the 7 ranked games of the day...

http://images.sportsline.com/images/collegefootball/logos/TXTECH.gifvs.http://images.sportsline.com/images/collegefootball/logos/TCU.gif

I could really care a less about this game...the fringe of the conference...and 2 teams that are probably a bit overrated when it's all said and done...

I'm going to call an upset in this one...and say Texas Tech wins...ending TCU's nation-longest winning streak...

Why?

No fucking clue...

POJO_Risin
09-16-2006, 03:13 PM

http://images.sportsline.com/images/collegefootball/logos/NE.gif vs. http://images.sportsline.com/images/collegefootball/logos/USC.gif

Well...Nebraska is a trendy pick...but they are playing on the west coast...and their west coast offense will look old. USC will run away with this one...showing everyone that Nebraska is a long way from the team they were...

POJO_Risin
09-16-2006, 03:16 PM

http://images.sportsline.com/images/collegefootball/logos/MIA.gif vs. http://images.sportsline.com/images/collegefootball/logos/LOU.gif

Miami just isn't Miami right now...but they could answer some questions by beating Louisville at Louisville...

I think Louisville takes the next step in their development...and lays one on Miami today...

POJO_Risin
09-16-2006, 03:18 PM
Top 3 in a few...

POJO_Risin
09-16-2006, 03:59 PM

http://images.sportsline.com/images/collegefootball/logos/OK.gif vs. http://images.sportsline.com/images/collegefootball/logos/OR.gif

Well...I can't see Oregon winning this game...so I'm going with Peterson and Oklahoma...

POJO_Risin
09-16-2006, 04:07 PM

http://images.sportsline.com/images/collegefootball/logos/MI.gif vs. http://images.sportsline.com/images/collegefootball/logos/ND.gif

Michigan sucks...Notre Dame in a landslide...

blow-out city...and Carr becomes a lame duck...

POJO_Risin
09-16-2006, 04:10 PM

http://images.sportsline.com/images/collegefootball/logos/LSU.gif vs. http://images.sportsline.com/images/collegefootball/logos/AUB.gif

Just a gut call...but LSU wins this one in an upset of the 2 best SEC teams...

POJO_Risin
09-16-2006, 04:13 PM
Oklahoma down 10 early to Oregon...

7-7 Notre Dame and Mich...

Miami up 7-0...

LSU and Auburn scoreless...

POJO_Risin
09-16-2006, 04:15 PM
Michigan...14-7 on Notre Dame...bomb from Henne and that guy was fucking wide open...

I take that back...13-7...blocked extra point...

POJO_Risin
09-16-2006, 04:31 PM
WTF???????

We all know that Youngtown State is a Div I-AA juggernaut created by Jim Tressel...

however...

YSU only down 3-0 to Penn State in the 2nd quarter...

perhaps Notre Dame's blowout win last week wasn't that good...

VHdamaco
09-16-2006, 04:43 PM
michigan tanning that irish ass by 20 in the middle of the 2nd quarter...

weis is gonna shit on his team during halftime...

POJO_Risin
09-16-2006, 04:45 PM
Damn...the scored again...

I had the blowout right...just the wrong team...OUCH...

inexcusable...

Wow...this will open up some eyes on Michigan's side of the ball...

early yet...but wow...

POJO_Risin
09-16-2006, 05:26 PM
PSU finally waking up from last week's drubbing...

up 20-0...

POJO_Risin
09-16-2006, 07:28 PM
Wow did Oklahoma get fucking screwed...

those calls were unfuckingbelievable...Oregon is not better than Oklahoma...

and 2 calls cost Oklahoma...

fucking horseshit calls...

of course...that being said...the D still should have stepped up...

ALinChainz
09-16-2006, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
Damn...the scored again...

I had the blowout right...just the wrong team...OUCH...

inexcusable...

Wow...this will open up some eyes on Michigan's side of the ball...

early yet...but wow...

Thought Michigan would get blownout?

Dude ...

POJO_Risin
09-16-2006, 07:41 PM
Did I really?

Nah...but I did think...more than likely...just like you...

that they'd probably lose.

It was certainly a surprise...

a comedy of errors for Notre Dame...

and a damn fine game by the shittiest team in the country...

POJO_Risin
09-16-2006, 07:43 PM
Did you see the end of the Okie game?

Not a big Okie fan...but wow did they get the fucking shaft...

and wow did their Defense stop playing...

ALinChainz
09-16-2006, 07:48 PM
I did see that, and OU still had a shot, a blocked FG ...

man ...

POJO_Risin
09-16-2006, 08:04 PM
It does make you wonder if the NCAA is teaching lessons...wow...

that onsides kick call was absolutely horrendous...

VHdamaco
09-16-2006, 08:30 PM
anyone else see that kid break his leg?

fuck that was a shitty way to go

Unchainme
09-16-2006, 11:07 PM
CLEMSON WINS! CLEMSON WINS!!

C-L-E-M-S-OOOOOOO-N!

Beats the No. 9 team in the country..A serious contender for the ACC title..

Brett
09-16-2006, 11:39 PM
SC played pretty ordinary on offense tonight, Nebraska just blows moose balls. Can't help but chuckle at the DB who said they were going to beat USC. The only thing he beat was his meat as Dwayne Jarrett torched him for 136 yards and 2 TD's.

Anyway I'm finding out that um it's hard to replace Reggie Bush and Lendale White. John David Booty has looked very good however. Just doing what Leinart did, make plays, don't turn it over.

How about those Fightin' Irish today? :)

BrownSound1
09-17-2006, 12:12 AM
No kidding Brett. ND got a royal ass whipping.

USC hasn't replaced Reggie Bush because they're trying to drum up some rent money for the next player. :D I'm confident they'll find someone though. In all seriousness the offense looks more like a complete unit as opposed to three superstars and some good players.

Close one in Knoxville.... This might be the beginning of the end for Fulmer.

rustoffa
09-17-2006, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Unchainme
CLEMSON WINS! CLEMSON WINS!!

C-L-E-M-S-OOOOOOO-N!

Beats the No. 9 team in the country..A serious contender for the ACC title..

Halleylooya! Time for Clemson to get back in the SEC. Terry didn't cry, and Danny Ford never gave a flying fuck about sunglasses.

BrownSound1
09-17-2006, 12:56 AM
Clemson has never been a member of the SEC.

POJO_Risin
09-17-2006, 01:12 AM
He is correct...no Clemson ever in the SEC...

Clemson over FSU isn't a surprise...

FSU is over-rated...

and the ACC sucks ass this year...

EbDawson
09-17-2006, 02:12 AM
Did you see the end of the Okie game?

Not a big Okie fan...but wow did they get the fucking shaft...

and wow did their Defense stop playing...

Most of the talking heads had OU's defense as one of the best, maybe the best in the country this year. Guess they were wrong. Too bad.:D :D

EbDawson
09-17-2006, 02:13 AM
Lee Corso said Cal will beat USC if they don't play any better than they did today. :lol:

VHdamaco
09-17-2006, 02:15 AM
Lee Corso apparently forgot about the ass whipping that fucking TENNESSEE put on Cal...

Brett
09-17-2006, 02:22 AM
He said that? I missed that. Corso's a dipshit, and Cal is a joke. They were supposed to play USC tough last year and got dominated at home. SC has had 2 fucking games together, it's an almost entirely new offense and they still are getting it done. Everyone's been too spoiled by what they've done the last 3 or 4 years offensively.

Florida St. and Miami both suck balls and have for a couple years now.

POJO_Risin
09-17-2006, 03:12 AM
Florida State for longer than that...

Miami hasn't been the same since they folded to Ohio State's D in 2002...

POJO_Risin
09-17-2006, 03:14 AM
Corso picked Texas last week...the pandering homo...

Brett
09-17-2006, 04:31 AM
Oh I agree it just seems like the last few years both programs have just looked like TOTAL shit.

BTW I have to say watching that broadcast tonight was basically a 3 1/2 hour Nebraska bashfest. Even I was like..."all right already they're not good, we know that, let it alone."

EbDawson
09-17-2006, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by Brett
He said that? I missed that. Corso's a dipshit.

Well the host on that show was giving SC props, saying who on their schedule can beat them. Corso said, if they don't play any better, Cal will. Corso's funny to watch, you know like what stupid shit is he gonna say next. That other guy, Herbstreet or whatever, is pretty cool but basically he just picks opposite of Corso so he's almost always right.

EbDawson
09-17-2006, 08:41 AM
A couple of other games that interested me:

Texas A&M - 28 Army - 24

Bobby Ross has the Knights playing pretty good, they may give Navy, who killed Stanford, a run for the commander's cup this year. Game ended with Army on the A&M 3 yard line as time ran out. Would have been great to see the damn aggies go down to Army.

TCU - 12 Texas Tech - 3

3 points by Mike Leach's juggernaut offense? Who woulda thunk it.

SMU - 45 Sam Houston State - 14

Only looked at the box score here to see if Rhett Bomar, the punk that got kicked out of OU, was in it. He wasn't. But I'm sure he's selling alot of cars at the local Ford dealership.

:D

POJO_Risin
09-17-2006, 11:37 AM
Was Bomar allowed to play?

He didn't have to sit out at all?

POJO_Risin
09-17-2006, 11:40 AM
Do you all remember when SMU was good?...

with Dickerson and Craig James in the same backfield...

lmfao...

the "Pony Express..."

Of course...a couple of years later...they were banned from having a team...

And ask yourself this...who's the last WHITE NFL RUNNING BACK...to rush for 1,000 yards?

Brett
09-17-2006, 02:16 PM
Shit who's the last white running back who mattered?

Yes I remember the Dickerson years and I was pretty stoked as a little kid when the Rams got him.

Brett
09-17-2006, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by EbDawson
Well the host on that show was giving SC props, saying who on their schedule can beat them. Corso said, if they don't play any better, Cal will. Corso's funny to watch, you know like what stupid shit is he gonna say next. That other guy, Herbstreet or whatever, is pretty cool but basically he just picks opposite of Corso so he's almost always right.

I like Kirk Herbstreit, I think he's one of the better analysts on TV. Actually knows what he's talking about. And Fowler was right, SC's hardest games are at home. They'd have to play poorly on the road to lose a game, and I think they will frankly...maybe one...but I don't see this team going 12-0. But I could be wrong.

POJO_Risin
09-17-2006, 02:42 PM
I like Herbie as well...of course...lmfao...an OSU grad...;)

POJO_Risin
09-17-2006, 02:44 PM
Brett...seriously...who in the Pac 10 is going to beat USC this year?

Cal sucks...

Oregon won yesterday against a good team...but you and I both know that was a gift...that Okie had gained control of that game...and lapsed it...

Oregon State lost to Boise St. (yeah, I know a tough place to play...but they got SLAUGHTERED)...

OF COURSE..UCLA...but you and I both know that's not going to happen...

USC has 1 more game that means something...

Notre Dame...

at home...

Brett
09-17-2006, 02:51 PM
For some reason, one of the dumb road games like Washington St. for example scares me. I don't know why. And maybe Arizona St....and again I don't know why. And yes that's a home game I know. I just feel like they're going to slip up somewhere, and we don't have the same game-changers to make up for mistakes like we've had.

In Leinart's first year, SC slipped up on the road at Cal, and that wasn't a good Cal team. Reggie Bush wasn't Reggie Bush yet, and Lendale White fumbled and cost us the game. I just see that happening at some point this season. If the result of the loss though is winning the next 34 and 2 national titles, I can probably accept it though. :)

POJO_Risin
09-17-2006, 03:19 PM
lmfao...yeah...I suppose so...

more or less...for me...like that loss to Texas last year...

Zwick and Troy Smith were sharing the QB duties...

Smith played well...in getting them the lead...and Zwick...the starter...came in with 1 1/2 minutes left...to take the lead back from Texas with a field goal...

and immediately fumbled...

well...Zwick hasn't started since (he's good...like a Cassel in a lot of ways)

We did also lose to Penn State...but...but the end of the year...in my eyes...I think OSU could have run with USC and Texas...

Their D is the best of the 3...and that O was really buzzing...

rustoffa
09-18-2006, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by BrownSound1
Clemson has never been a member of the SEC.

Yeah, just an old UGA joke. The Danny Ford shit still applies!

BrownSound1
09-18-2006, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by rustoffa
Yeah, just an old UGA joke. The Danny Ford shit still applies!

I got ya bro. :D

UGA's QB looks like he'll be badass in a year or two.

redfire
09-18-2006, 12:26 PM
Wow did Oklahoma get fucking screwed...

those calls were unfuckingbelievable...Oregon is not better than Oklahoma...

and 2 calls cost Oklahoma...

fucking horseshit calls...

of course...that being said...the D still should have stepped up...

Prevent Defense only prevents one thing...

A fucking win...

Dude, HOP and I were sitting there watching that, and I couldn't have been shocked. I literally almost broke my remote control.

redfire
09-18-2006, 12:29 PM

No cause he went down, in terms of D-II or I-AA, whatever. He's a fag.

DLR kicks ass
09-18-2006, 12:37 PM
How about a little love for my Louisville Cardinals.. Enough Said...

ODShowtime
09-18-2006, 07:58 PM
All I have to say, I don't care WHO it was, I'm glad someone put the schmackdown on Notre Dame.

POJO_Risin
09-19-2006, 12:28 AM
Well...Oklahoma is asking for the game to be fucking dumped completely...lmfao...

and that the fucking officials are suspended or fired...

what up Red...

I hate Okie...but they got fucked...

Brett
09-19-2006, 12:37 AM
Yeah and now assholes are threatening the lives of the family of the replay official. Jesus Christ, all right already. There were bad calls, the replay guy blew it...life goes on. Fuck there was less whining over Reggie Bush pushing Matt Leinart into the end zone.

Yes they got fucked, but oh well man, shitty calls happen all the time. Yeah replay is supposed to fix it but it didn't this time.

POJO_Risin
09-19-2006, 12:45 AM
It takes all kinds...

lord knows my teams have been on both ends of bullshit calls...

life goes on...

bottom line...you are up 14 or 13 with a couple of minutes to go...and you lose...

you have noone to blame but yourself...

Brett
09-19-2006, 02:36 AM
Totally. Choklahoma put themselves in that position, and if you have to rely on the officials to make calls to save a game, then you're in for trouble. And shit like that can happen. I also didn't know that the officials don't get to freeze frame like the NFL guys can.

You have a 13 point lead with 3 minutes left, and you lose, you have no one to blame but yourself. Make plays and there's not the officials can do about it. It shouldn't have come down to a stupid on-side kick.

I've been on the other side of awful calls as a fan too, just have to suck it up. I happen to hate instant replay, I think it slows the game down, and fuck it ain't even working.

houseofpain
09-19-2006, 11:00 AM
Just to weigh in here on Oklahalen...

Yes, don't let yourself get in that posiiton. The first 8 minutes of the game, and the last 4 minutes of the game, the defense might as well have raised their skirts at the Oregon offense. We play four quarters worth of football and we're not even having this conversation.

Second: The official in the booth by his own admission knew his call was wrong when he made it. The official on the field didn't even repeat the same thing the replay official told him. The replay official didn't get to look at the ball before the 10 yard necessary before the kicking team can recover because of the pac-10 production crew. So all he could see was the ball hitting Malcom Kelly. So don't give him the entire play. Because if he had been given the entire play, he would have seen that the ball touched Paysinger. Then the ball was picked up off the ground by Allen Patrick. The official on the field is signaling Oregon ball, and Patrick is standing two feet away from him holding the ball.

Three: We got the ball twice inside the ten, and walked out with 6 points. You can't comce away with 14 points in that situation, you don't deserve to win.

And the officiating crew wearing lime green and highlighter yellow have been suspended by the Pac-10 for the entire season. That is the only thing I like about the PAC-10 right now. Sorry Brett, and POJO you're goign to love this...I hope Ohio State goes Steve Freaking Spurrier on your Trojenz in the Nat'l Championship.

houseofpain
09-19-2006, 11:06 AM

Here's a funny for you. I'm at the OU Washington game. Washignton has a player named Bomar. Everytime the guy made a tackle, and they announced "Tackle by Bomar" the entire stadium booed. It was too funny.

Brett
09-19-2006, 12:31 PM
Unless something's changed, the officials were supsended for one week, not the whole season.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt=Aj_zZv.Cl4fY6mP62HUYjwkcvrYF?slug=ap-oklahoma-replay&prov=ap&type=lgns

So you're saying SC's getting to the national championship??!??!? Cool!! Because I certainly have my doubts. I still sense some bitter feelings over 2004 however. LOL

redfire
09-19-2006, 09:03 PM
The replay guy is trying to make people feel bad for him. I'm not saying he isn't getting death threats, but there was more than just one angle on the replay. ESPN is suppose to come out with that story, either tomorrow, or on Gameday next week. The PAC-10 said he had an ample amount of replay to decide on.

As for threats, anyone who does that is an idiot and has no life. But don't blame the state of Oklahoma. How many people get pissed off when someone generalizes a statement about someone sucking? How many gay arguments did you have to endure about one person saying Dave was gay, or Sam was gay, and the respective fans go apeshit? Oklahoma has moved on. Some idiots out there haven't.

And the President of OU...

I fucking said that was the dumbest thing to say when I heard that announcement. The National media is making OU's case for them. They didn't have to do shit about this. I work on campaigns, and the one thing that kills public perception and opinion is a thing called foot-in-mouth disease. The fact of the matter is this. Bob Stoops in his weekly press conference addressed this for the last time saying, he takes responsibiltiy for giving up a 13 point lead with 2 minutes left.

But know this, if teams didn't break down and fuck up, then no one would ever lose. Woulda, shoulda, coulda. If my aunt had a package, she'd be my uncle. Things get fucked up sometimes, but in life, much the less in football, things don't go like you plan them to. OU played a prevent defense (and that only prevents a win) and tried to cover the receivers like they were walking on broken glass. So don't tell me, they should have played better or whatever. Teams should always play better. What happened to OU is anything like what happened one Sunday with the Eagles and Giants. The refs made the wrong choice on a clear call.

Now, in case you actually don't know. I'm one of the few rapid OU fans that have moved on. And actually I moved on late Saturday night. It's in the books. Game over. Though, in my heart of hearts, I wish USC would beat the fuck out Oregon... That's would shut the door on the issue for me.

redfire
09-19-2006, 09:08 PM
So you're saying SC's getting to the national championship??!??!? Cool!! Because I certainly have my doubts. I still sense some bitter feelings over 2004 however. LOL

Personally, I think SC will get to the National Title game. The rest of the conference blows. It's second best team is one that should have lost to a subpar OU team at home. So SC should roll through the PAC-10. And Notre Dame is overrated every year, and SC dominates them every year.

As for '04, I personally hate everyone from SC, that is until they make to the NFL and play for my favorite teams, ie Palmer and Leinart. :)

EbDawson
09-20-2006, 03:28 AM

SHSU is 1-AA so you don't have to sit out a year. He wasn't in the box score even for an attempt so I figure he hasn't been cleared officially by the NCAA which he has to be, or he's being red-shirted by the coaching staff.

EbDawson
09-20-2006, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by houseofpain

The replay official didn't get to look at the ball before the 10 yard necessary before the kicking team can recover because of the pac-10 production crew. So all he could see was the ball hitting Malcom Kelly. So don't give him the entire play. Because if he had been given the entire play, he would have seen that the ball touched Paysinger.

Why can't the crew in the booth have the same view that the audience has. It's not like the technology isn't available. Why even have replay if they're not gonna see the whole play. Stupid.

EbDawson
09-20-2006, 03:42 AM
.who's the last WHITE NFL RUNNING BACK...to rush for 1,000 yards?

Ed Podalak? Hell if I know.

Brett
09-20-2006, 03:44 AM
The answer probably IS Craig James.

EbDawson
09-20-2006, 03:59 AM
The answer probably IS Craig James.

Oh, OK. Trick question.

houseofpain
09-20-2006, 11:31 AM
Why can't the crew in the booth have the same view that the audience has. It's not like the technology isn't available. Why even have replay if they're not gonna see the whole play. Stupid.

Hey its not rocket surgery. I have a satelite. Direct TV. Those things pick up everything. If you have problems getting the view from your production crew, I'd say ABC and Dan Fouts let the whole country know how the play should have been called. Penalty for violating the "first touching" rule on a kickoff. Penalty for kick receiving interference (because Malcom Kelly as a receiver has a right to go get the ball unimpeded from the kicking team even inside that 10 yards. If he signals fair catch, we're not having this conversation either). Recovery on the play by Allen Patrick, number 23 University of Oklahoma. So if your production crew can't get the video, in the future, put aa satelite on the side of the press box, and feed the replay the 17 different shots that ABC gave the whole country.

As far as everything goes here Brett, let me say, we've known each other a damn long time. For you to come in here, and talk shit about my football team and call them Chokelahoma is pretty bush league considering the way you run your board. I went to OU. I graduated from OU. I have a freaking piece of paper that says I get paid Ou a hell of a lot of money and get to love every part of the University, including the football team. Tell me, did you do the same at SC, or are you just a fan of SC football? After the 2004 debacle? What when you lost to Cal at home and got stuck playing a bad Big 10 team and the AP then decided that it didn't want to participate in the format it had for the previous five years and award you a paper championship? Get yourself two more teams in your joke of a conference, play a championship game like the ACC, Big 12, SEC, Conference USA, MAC, and anyone else. See what it feels like to have to play that extra game before you can qualify for a BCS bowl and then come back to me. Until then, the Pac-10 shall be known as the Pac-1 and the little 9.

redfire
09-20-2006, 11:36 AM
Pony Express baby. Representing all white running backs... wait a minute. There aren't more of them. Good ones at least...

houseofpain
09-20-2006, 11:36 AM
Unless something's changed, the officials were supsended for one week, not the whole season.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt=Aj_zZv.Cl4fY6mP62HUYjwkcvrYF?slug=ap-oklahoma-replay&prov=ap&type=lgns

My bad. Yesterday sports radio said for the season. All the Internet stuff does say one game. Additionally to that, it came out today that Belotti and the Umpire went to high school together. Convenient. I will say, your joke of a conference needs to change its rule about non-conference opponents playing in Pac-1 little 9 venues being officiatied by Pac-1 little 9 officials. 2004, we played Oregon in Norman, and had a Pac-1 little 9 crew. 2003 same with UCLA, and Alabama came and we got an SEC crew.

houseofpain
09-20-2006, 11:38 AM
and yes, President Boren should have kept his Liberal pansy ass mouth shut.

redfire
09-20-2006, 11:47 AM
I'm just ready for it to be over. I feel a lot better about the rest of the season after that game. Not because I expect to get any breaks, but because I didn't know if OU could go up there and take a bitch-slap and spot Oregon 10 and still be in the game. Unfortunately, I've got a wedding this weekend, so I wont be at the game. But I feel better about the Texas game, and whether OU has a legit shot at the Big 12.

And I guess for the record, I should say I think the Big 12 is pretty weak this year. But you know what the difference is? USC, Ohio State, those teams have an intimidation factor to them still. And a lot of the lesser schools in the respective conferences can't smell blood. Whereas, I think a team like Missouri, or Iowa State aren't intimidated by OU anymore. So, what I'm saying is, pretty much all the conferences are down this year. But the Big 12 as a whole isn't afraid of their top teams. And I would say the same thing about most of the SEC.

houseofpain
09-20-2006, 01:07 PM
Dear Lord! I haven't wanted to kick the shit out of Texass as bad as I do right now for about 3 years.

This is hypothetical, extremely hypothetical, but bear me out...
If OU runs the table and wins the South, they win they Big XII, Adrian Peterson wins the Heisman, and the BCS will figure out how to get OU v UO in the Orange Bowl. That happens, Bob Stoops goes Steve Freaking Spurrier on their asses.

and I am officially done with OU v UO.

Three weeks till Texass!

EbDawson
09-20-2006, 01:08 PM
So if your production crew can't get the video, in the future, put aa satelite on the side of the press box, and feed the replay the 17 different shots that ABC gave the whole country.

Then they should do that or just do away with the whole replay thing as it is. Now if it's just stupidity in the booth, that's another story.

houseofpain
09-20-2006, 01:20 PM
Then they should do that or just do away with the whole replay thing as it is. Now if it's just stupidity in the booth, that's another story.
yeah what's the point if you can't get it right? I mean hell, we get wrong calls from the guys on the field all the time. So if they get it wrong, and the booth gets it wrong, why bother wasting our time? I could have eaten dinner Sooner.

POJO_Risin
09-20-2006, 06:13 PM
I've got the solution...

get the Pac 10 ref crew and a Big 12 crew to call 10 plays...

whoever fucks up more...

wins the game for their team...

POJO_Risin
09-20-2006, 06:14 PM
It was Craig James...and I think before him...

John Riggins...

Brett
09-20-2006, 07:59 PM

As far as everything goes here Brett, let me say, we've known each other a damn long time. For you to come in here, and talk shit about my football team and call them Chokelahoma is pretty bush league considering the way you run your board. I went to OU. I graduated from OU. I have a freaking piece of paper that says I get paid Ou a hell of a lot of money and get to love every part of the University, including the football team. Tell me, did you do the same at SC, or are you just a fan of SC football? After the 2004 debacle? What when you lost to Cal at home and got stuck playing a bad Big 10 team and the AP then decided that it didn't want to participate in the format it had for the previous five years and award you a paper championship? Get yourself two more teams in your joke of a conference, play a championship game like the ACC, Big 12, SEC, Conference USA, MAC, and anyone else. See what it feels like to have to play that extra game before you can qualify for a BCS bowl and then come back to me. Until then, the Pac-10 shall be known as the Pac-1 and the little 9.

Woah dude, relax I'm just fucking around with you.

The Choklahoma thing is based on the fact that your boys talked a lot of shit before the '05 title game, and then got their asses handed to them. Don't take it so personally, it wasn't meant to be. Feel free to call USC, University of Spoiled Children or worse, I can take it. :)

As far as supporting the USC, which I am not sure why I have to defend that but ok. Besides going there, my parents both went there, all four of my aunts and uncles went there. I have been a football season ticket holder since I graduated in 1993, my parents give money to the school every year, not to mention the $100k tuition they paid for me to go there. Anything else? And yes I love all USC sports.

Talk all the shit out want, doesn't bother me, you're just being silly. For all the shitty teams USC has supposedly beaten, funny how you ignore all the dominating wins against good teams, including your alma mater. Your boys didn't belong in that game, nor the one the year before. The one blemish is a 3-pt loss to Texas, a game that USC was two yards and :20 from winning. How did OU do against Texas last year?

Anyway man, have a good one and stop getting so riled up over nothing.

Oh and BTW, the AP has never dropped a #1 team after they won a bowl game, which is why USC (who was #1 in both polls) got the AP title. They never agreed to the BCS format, they do their voting separate from it. It just has never happened that the #1 team in both polls was left out of the title game.

EbDawson
09-21-2006, 03:18 AM
It was Craig James...and I think before him...

John Riggins...

Riggins, I forgot about that animal. "Loosen up Sandra baby!" :D

EbDawson
09-21-2006, 03:52 AM
This is hypothetical, extremely hypothetical, but bear me out...
If OU runs the table and wins the South, they win they Big XII, Adrian Peterson wins the Heisman, and the BCS will figure out how to get OU v UO in the Orange Bowl.

Quite hypothetical, but you've been beared out.

BTW, the game with Texas is huge but I wouldn't look past Missouri either. They're 3-0 and they've got a fairly weak schedule, as long as they beat T. Tech in Lubbock, they should be undefeated when you play them Oct. 28 at their place. Everybody seems to be penciling in Nebraska as the North champs in the Big 12 title game but Missouri may be there instead. I realize OU's in the south not north but you play them this year, Texas doesn't.

houseofpain
09-21-2006, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by redfire

And I guess for the record, I should say I think the Big 12 is pretty weak this year. But you know what the difference is? USC, Ohio State, those teams have an intimidation factor to them still. And a lot of the lesser schools in the respective conferences can't smell blood. Whereas, I think a team like Missouri, or Iowa State aren't intimidated by OU anymore. So, what I'm saying is, pretty much all the conferences are down this year. But the Big 12 as a whole isn't afraid of their top teams. And I would say the same thing about most of the SEC.

Here's my take, and Brett listen up, cause this one talks about your team, and I think you'll like it. For about 3 1/2-4 years, OU was the bully in college football. They were in contention every year, and dominating most people they played. roll around to 2003, KSU shows the blue print of how to beat OU to the whole country in the Big XII championship. Nick Saban and LSU basiclly used that blueprint to beat the Sooners in the Sugar Bowl in the Nat'l Championship game.

Fast forward to 2004. OU goes to the Cotton Bowl to play Texass in October after pummeling Texass 65-13 in 2003. OU wins that game in a dogfight 12-0. Since that game, OU has not had a big game win (other than the Holiday bowl last year over the Ducks only becasue Oregon was favored and ranked in the top 5). They play USC for the Nat'l Championship, and come out stike first, and expected USC to lay down ands surrender like everybody else did. But you got a coach over there with big game experience, NFL experience, who knows that one quick long drive for a touchdown does not a game make. He convinces his team that it is no big deal they gave up 7 quick, and they strike back. It caught OU on their heels. The thinking is "hey, their not supposed to do that. They are supposed to fold up like a chair." OU didn't know how to respond becausse they hadn't had a boxing match. They would come out all season, hit the big play, either an AD run, or a Jason White strike to Mark Clayton. So they get demolished 55-19 becausse they have not learned how to slug it out. They make two or three really bad plays, and it costs them points, and they don't know how to do what Pete just did, not get excited about giving up points and just play their game. OU lost its swagger in that game. They lost their guts.

Fast forward to 2006. They thought going on the road to Eugen and winning a game you're a six point underdog would get that attitude back. And they don't get it done. Forget the calls, forget the screw job. They have the ball on the two, the ten, and the 7 yard line and come out with 9 points. No way. If they walk out with 21 points, then OU has something to build on and get that attitude back with. But now we have to start over again. The only way they get it back this season is to do 5 things: Beat the hell out of Texass. Beat the hell out of Texass Tech. Beat the hell out of Stoolwater Community College. Win the Big XII Championship. And Peterson has to win the Heisman.

Brett
09-21-2006, 12:11 PM
HOP, well I see you're trying to pay USC a compliment I guess but you're really not. You're trying to tell me a 55-19 loss was because USC wasn't intimdated by Oklahoma like everyone else was? LMAO. OU got dominated in 2004 because USC was a vastly SUPERIOR football team on both sides of the ball, not because Oklahoma couldn't respond. There's a reason why they couldn't, they weren't a better team, and certainly nowhere near the offensive show that USC has been the last 5 years. Anyway it's 3 years ago, who cares.

houseofpain
09-21-2006, 03:02 PM
Actually, I'm not really trying to pay them a compliment. Don't get me wrong, I don't dispute for one minute that USC didn't dominate OU in that game, nor do I dispute that USC was the better team. And it has nothing to do with whether or not OU could respond or didn;t respond or anything like that. I'm am stating that OU lost their attitude with that game right there, (in other words USC demoralized them so maybe it is a compliment) and they can't figure it out now.

What I am doing is comenting on the shape Oklahoma football is in right now, how it got there, and what it needs to do to get back to where it was.

The big problem right now is that we had so many offensive a defensive linemen on the 2003 and 2004 teams that were outstanding players, that none of the big name offensive and defensive lineman would come to Oklahoma. Now we have below par talent at those positions and it is costing us badly. The offensive line sets the attitude for the team, and we don't have any of those nasty guys like Wes Simms, Davin Joseph, or Jamaal Brown anymore. Running the ball is a mindset, and if we didn't have an all galaxy running back. we wouldn't be able to run the ball. Our linebackers are getting taken out of most plays, or out of position because our defensive lineman are too small to plug up the middle. Our safeties couldn't tackle my grandmother (and they're both dead). Recruiting is what is killing us right now.

Brett
09-21-2006, 05:59 PM
Ok I gotcha.

houseofpain
09-22-2006, 11:53 AM
But what is killing us more than anything is the loss of Mike Stoops. I know he hasn't really shaken things up in Arizona, but it hurt when we lost him. You can put a direct correlation between when our secondary started getting turned into burnt toast, and when he left.

Not that Venables and Wright are bad coaches, just a different mindset. In the 3 games we've played so far, you've seen blown assignments and poor tackling from the defense. Venables and Wright clap their hands and say "that's okay boys, you'll get it right next time." Somebody blew an assignment or missed a tackle when Mike Stoops was there, and he pulled them off the field, gave them an earful about what they did wrong, how it hurt the team, and if they wanted to play, they needed to get their head on straight and get in the right position. And inevitabley, after a busted play, you wouldn't see it happen again. Now we bust a play defensively, and we pat them on the back, and they bust another play, and we pat them on the back, and they bust another play, and they are benched. We started the year with Wolfe (a converted RB) and Smith at corner. In the Washington game, Wolfe got benched after he gave up a big long pass (after he blew several in the UAB game). Lendy Holmes comes in, a converted WR, and plays much better. In the Oregon game, Lendy Holmes couldn't find water if he fell out of a boat, so they benched him and brought in Marcus Walker. Walker burned a redshirt late in 2003. Seperated a shoulder in 2004. Did it again last year and had season ending surgery. No Walker is the only true corner of those 3, but he started the season 3 on the depth chart, and hasn't finished a season healthy yet.

I think Bob Stoops needs to take over the defense. He needs to recruit several lock down corners. Chances are Smith is gone to the NFL after next year. We need all kinds of help right now.

houseofpain
09-22-2006, 12:00 PM
funny stuff from Good Ole J.R.
http://oklahoma.scout.com/2/571166.html

Mr. Vengeance
09-23-2006, 09:49 AM
Penn State is going to get bumrushed today.....

Unchainme
09-23-2006, 03:31 PM
Holy shit...It's looking like Purdue just won their first Big Ten Game this year...They looked fucking horrible their first three games...They managed to squeak out three wins at least..But now they look decent...Could be a return to form...Plus They don't play Ohio St. or Michigan this year...

POJO_Risin
09-23-2006, 05:41 PM
Purdue sucks ass...

Unchainme
09-23-2006, 06:01 PM
Purdue sucks ass...

But not as much as Indiana, Illinois, Northworstern and of course The Wolverqueens ;)

POJO_Risin
09-23-2006, 06:35 PM
In a strictly football sense...Purdue sucks ass...