PDA

View Full Version : Bin Laden Dead? French Intell Report Says

Nickdfresh
09-23-2006, 08:08 AM
France to probe bin Laden death report leak
Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:36 AM EDT

By Anna Willard

PARIS (Reuters) - France's Defense Ministry said on Saturday it could not confirm a newspaper report quoting French secret services as saying al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden had died but would launch an inquiry into the leak of secret papers.

The Defense Ministry issued the statement after the French regional newspaper L'Est Republicain said Saudi Arabia was convinced bin Laden had died of typhoid in Pakistan last month.

"The information published this morning in the L'Est Republicain newspaper relating to the supposed death of Osama bin Laden cannot be confirmed," the Defense Ministry said.

"The Defense Minister (Michele Alliot-Marie) has asked that an inquiry be carried out to determine the origin of the leak that can be punished by criminal charges."

A U.S. intelligence official told Reuters the report should be treated with caution and a senior Pakistan government official said Islamabad had not received any information from any foreign government that would corroborate the story.

The Saudi Arabian Interior Ministry spokesman was not available for comment and a Western diplomat in Riyadh said the diplomatic community had no such information.

"If anyone was in the picture, I doubt it would be Saudi intelligence. Even if Saudi Arabia had information, they'd pass it on to the United States, not France. It doesn't ring true," the diplomat said.

RELIABLE SOURCE

The French newspaper printed what it said was a copy of the report dated September 21 and said it was passed on to President Jacques Chirac and Prime Minister Dominique de Villepin on the same day.

"According to a usually reliable source, the Saudi services are now convinced that Osama bin Laden is dead," the document said.

"The information gathered by the Saudis indicates that the head of al Qaeda was a victim while he was in Pakistan on August 23, 2006, of a very serious case of typhoid which led to a partial paralysis of his internal organs."

The report, which was stamped with a "confidential defense" label and the initials of the French secret service, said Saudi Arabia first heard the information on September 4 and that it was waiting for more details before making an official announcement.

The U.S. intelligence official, who declined to be named, said bin Laden had long been rumored to be suffering from kidney ailments and is reported to have received dialysis.

"We have believed him to be in declining health for some time and there have been other rumors of his demise."

He said bin Laden had "minimal operational involvement at this time" in al Qaeda.

Saudi-born bin Laden was based in Afghanistan until the Taliban government there was overthrown by U.S.-backed forces in 2001. Since then, U.S. and Pakistani officials have regularly said they believe he is hiding somewhere on the rugged border between Afghanistan and Pakistan.

His last videotaped message released was in late 2004, but several low quality audio tapes have been released this year.

Senior U.S. intelligence figures have said bin Laden remains a significant inspirational figure but his death or capture could have a substantial impact in the war on terrorism.

They note, however, that the death of al Qaeda's leader in Iraq, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, in June, has failed to lead to any letup in the violence there.

(Additional reporting by Islamabad bureau, Mark Trevelyan and Andrew Hammond in Riyadh)

� Reuters 2006 (http://ca.today.reuters.com/news/NewsArticle.aspx?type=topNews&storyID=2006-09-23T103402Z_01_L23801953_RTRIDST_0_NEWS-SECURITY-BINLADEN-FRANCE-COL.XML). All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content, including by caching, framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters. Reuters and the Reuters sphere logo are registered trademarks and trademarks of the Reuters group of companies around the world.

DrMaddVibe
09-23-2006, 09:16 AM
I'd sooooo like this report to be true!

Ellyllions
09-23-2006, 09:21 AM
We'll never know the truth.

My beliefs?
1) If there is ever confirmation of his death no matter how, the US Government either wouldn't release it, or deny it because the world would expect an immediate withdrawal from Afghanistan and quite possibly Iraq. Typically when the enemy's leader is gone, the war is supposed to stop, right?

2) Bin Laden's followers would deny it on all accounts for fear of the entire organization imploding on itself in confusion.

But then again, (pure speculation ahead) this could be why there has been such a push to define torture....

The_KiD
09-23-2006, 09:26 AM
That would be great news but unfortunately, his followers are much bigger than him at this point..

It will be a beautiful day though when that Foriegn Piece of Filth is confirmed dead..

KiD

Va Beach VH Fan
09-23-2006, 10:35 AM
Well, it is getting close to election day...

First gas prices, then Bin Laden....

Makes perfect sense to me....

LoungeMachine
09-23-2006, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
Well, it is getting close to election day...

First gas prices, then Bin Laden....

Makes perfect sense to me....

Next, Republicans led by Karl Rove are planning on rolling out an initiative to make it a federal offense to listen to anything by Sammy Hagar........

Talk about pandering ;)

scamper
09-23-2006, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
First gas prices

Anyone who is happy about the gas prices now is insane, we are still getting fucked. Anything over a dollar is too much.

WACF
09-23-2006, 11:35 AM
They conditioned us to higher prices.

You fucking bet we are still paying too much...but we see a little drop and we welcome it.
I doubt we will ever get back to where it should be...too much greed to let that happen.

DEMON CUNT
09-23-2006, 03:56 PM
Who? Oh yeah, isn't he the main suspect and "mastermind" of the crime known as 911?

If you voted for Bush, you voted for this!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XArJ4cuGXak"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XArJ4cuGXak" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

blueturk
09-23-2006, 04:45 PM
In all fairness, Dubya never had much time to hunt for bin Laden. He had to try to find the WMD's in Iraq, then try like hell to find a link between Iraq and 9/11, and THEN the poor guy had to try to spread democracy in Iraq! Who the hell could possibly track Osama down with all that shit going on?

"You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror." --George W. Bush, interview with CBS News' Katie Couric, Sept. 6, 2006

FORD
09-23-2006, 04:53 PM
I'm guessing what this really means is that they have run out of material for compiling fake "Osama tapes", so they're going to declare the old bastard dead just before the election, but first they'll just float the idea as a trial balloon to measure the public reaction and blame it on the French, like they do everything else that they can't blame on Clinton's cock.

POJO_Risin
09-23-2006, 04:58 PM
You know...it's hard to figure out why we get fucking nowhere in politics...

I mean...I just can't fucking figure it out...

sadaist
09-23-2006, 06:10 PM
Could it be that this "release" of information is faked. just to try & get Osama to put out a tape confirming he's not dead? Kinda like Dave calling out Eddie in the media a while back.

DEMON CUNT
09-23-2006, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by sadaist
Could it be that this "release" of information is faked. just to try & get Osama to put out a tape confirming he's not dead?

http://www.nationalvanguard.org/images/teaser/inspector_clouseau.jpg

Yeah! I'm pretty sure that is exactly what's going on here.

Dr. Love
09-23-2006, 06:48 PM
French what? I'm sorry did you say French Intelligence?

blueturk
09-23-2006, 08:28 PM
Let's try Pakistani intelligence. If Bush read anything, he would hate reading shit like this.

Laden alive and healthy: Pak intelligence

Amir Mir
Sunday, September 24, 2006 01:33 IST

LAHORE: Pakistani intelligence circles have strongly refuted a French newspaper report claiming that al-Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden had died of typhoid in the country some time between August 23 and September 4 this year.

“Based on the information gleaned from several arrested al-Qaeda and Taliban leaders, we can say with authority that Osama bin Laden, his deputy Ayman Al Zawahiri and the former Taliban chief Mullah Mohammad Omar are very much alive and in good health,” said a senior intelligence official in Rawalpindi.

“We are sure that bin Laden is hiding somewhere between Afghanistan and Pakistan,” he said. “We believe that his deputy sometimes moves back and forth between the two with the help of Mullah Omar and his associates.”

The intelligence official said that even the American intelligence sleuths stationed in Pakistan are convinced that the al-Qaeda leader and his deputy are well and hiding somewhere on the Pak-Afghan border. “And they are trying to hunt him down,” the official said.

He said that had Osama been dead - especially, as recently as August - the news would have been broken by none other than the Pakistan president during his ongoing US visit. General Pervez Musharraf has everything to gain by making the news public. “General Musharraf knows quite well how much the news of Osama’s death would please President Bush at this stage,” the official said.

Intelligence sources pointed out that bin Laden was last seen on a video on the Al Jazeera television channel on January 21, 2006. A recording from Osama, his first message for over a year, was aimed at quashing rumours of his death and warning the Western world that its most wanted man remained a major threat.

Three months later, on April 25, 2006, Osama resurfaced with an audio-taped address. There was nothing new in his message; the real objective was to indicate that he was alive, still the leader of al-Qaeda, and a main player in world politics.

Intelligence officials say that rumours about bin Laden suffering from kidney-related afflictions have been rampant for years. A persistent rumour suggests that bin Laden received treatment for his damaged kidneys at the American Hospital in Dubai in 2001, arriving on July 4 and leaving on July 14.

Among those with him, it is said, was Ayman Zawahiri, who as well as being his personal physician is al-Qaeda’s second-in-command. However, a few days before the 9/11 attacks, bin Laden himself, in a November 2001 interview with a Pakistani paper, denied reports that he had been hospitalised. “My kidneys are all right,” he had said.

As things stand, nobody is certain about bin Laden’s whereabouts. Speculations, however, persist about his state of health, his plans for the future and his control over the supposedly defunct al-Qaeda.

http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?NewsID=1054848

LoungeMachine
09-23-2006, 08:35 PM
Nice, bt...

Please repost this in my PAKI thread :cool:

I think Pakistan is going to be the center of much attention in the coming months....

sadaist
09-23-2006, 09:32 PM
Yeah Demon Cunt, I'm way off on this one.

Could it be that this "release" of information is faked. just to try & get Osama to put out a tape confirming he's not dead? Kinda like Dave calling out Eddie in the media a while back.

Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
http://www.nationalvanguard.org/images/teaser/inspector_clouseau.jpg

Yeah! I'm pretty sure that is exactly what's going on here.

Originally posted by blueturk

A recording from Osama, his first message for over a year, was aimed at quashing rumours of his death and warning the Western world that its most wanted man remained a major threat.

Three months later, on April 25, 2006, Osama resurfaced with an audio-taped address. There was nothing new in his message; the real objective was to indicate that he was alive, still the leader of al-Qaeda, and a main player in world politics.

Seshmeister
09-23-2006, 09:41 PM
It's all irrelevant.

The lie that Cheney told us that Al Queda was like SMERSH with Bin Laden as Blofeld in a hollowed out volcano cave in Afhanistan was a complete lie but who cares you elected him again anyway.

He's served his purpose. Every reliable report I've ever read about him from journalists that met him was that he was a useless cunt. I think he maybe helped arrange some funding for 9-11 but that's about it.

I hope he's dead but there are now 1000s of people desperate to fill his shoes.

sadaist
09-23-2006, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
It's all irrelevant.

The lie that Cheney told us that Al Queda was like SMERSH with Bin Laden as Blofeld in a hollowed out volcano cavein Afhanistan was a complete lie but who cares you elected him again anyway.

I elected him? Dang. I didn't realize my one vote carried so much weight. I'm honored.

sadaist
09-23-2006, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister

I hope he's dead but there are 1000 people desperate to fill his shoes.

Unfortunately, you are 100% correct. If not 10,000.

Seshmeister
09-23-2006, 09:52 PM
I elected him? Dang. I didn't realize my one vote carried so much weight. I'm honored.

Yeah mine didn't work so well either...:)

Nickdfresh
09-24-2006, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Love
French what? I'm sorry did you say French Intelligence?

http://www.moviepoopshoot.com/intrigue/images/2005/february/france5.jpg

Keef
09-24-2006, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by blueturk
In all fairness, Dubya never had much time to hunt for bin Laden. He had to try to find the WMD's in Iraq, then try like hell to find a link between Iraq and 9/11, and THEN the poor guy had to try to spread democracy in Iraq! Who the hell could possibly track Osama down with all that shit going on?

"You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror." --George W. Bush, interview with CBS News' Katie Couric, Sept. 6, 2006

Edit. Nevermind, i got ya:o