PDA

View Full Version : Da Bears??

Take 'Em
09-24-2006, 09:51 PM
White Sox going down like a Lake Street Hooker and Da Bears are undefeated? Kind of Spooky...

Any of the faithul out there?

POJO_Risin
09-24-2006, 09:56 PM
The have Seattle next week...should be interesting...

Little Texan
09-25-2006, 01:07 AM
I thought Switch would be all over this by now!

Little Texan
09-25-2006, 01:12 AM
They didn't look too good against the Vikes today, and were lucky to get a turnover that gave them a chance to win the game. If they don't play any better than that next week against the Seahawks, judging by what they did to the Giants today, then they are going to be in for a long day next Sunday.

Take 'Em
10-02-2006, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Little Texan
If they don't play any better than that next week against the Seahawks, judging by what they did to the Giants today, then they are going to be in for a long day next Sunday.

They beat the Seahawks like a "Rented Mule."

I don't know if they are for real yet, but they seem to be in a pretty good spot right now...

Little Texan
10-02-2006, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Takeem5
They beat the Seahawks like a "Rented Mule."

I don't know if they are for real yet, but they seem to be in a pretty good spot right now...

Did they ever! They played really well, and Grossman looks like he's going to be a great quarterback for them if he can stay healthy. They now have the offense to go with that great defense. I think they have what it takes to go to the Super Bowl this year...they are for real.

LoungeMachine
10-02-2006, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
The have Seattle next week...should be interesting...

bummer :cool:

Take 'Em
10-02-2006, 02:48 PM
They might have to bring back Da Coach!!

Little Texan
10-02-2006, 11:16 PM
http://www.thiefsden.net/archives/superfans.jpg

Ditka 200 Seattle Seahawks 0

Ditka Ditka

Da Bears!

:D

Take 'Em
10-03-2006, 07:39 PM
Great stuff man!!!

Anybody have that on video?

Little Texan
10-03-2006, 08:15 PM
I wish I had it on video...I used to laugh my ass off everytime they did that Superfans skit on SNL! I miss the good ole days of SNL, back when it used to actually be FUNNY.

Take 'Em
10-05-2006, 11:17 AM
I found it on youtube, but I don't know how to paste it correctly for this reply. Here is the link at least...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68x-HFAXV9M

Funny crap.

Take 'Em
10-08-2006, 09:54 AM
Can they do it again?

5-0 ?????

Take 'Em
10-08-2006, 07:18 PM
Hell yeah they can.

Rackin' up 40 points along the way didn't hurt their cause either..

POJO_Risin
10-08-2006, 07:22 PM
I have to admit...RIGHT NOW...

they are the best team in football...

best D...and that fucking offense is really clicking right now...

Take 'Em
10-08-2006, 08:14 PM
Everything is clicking for them.

Friggin Kicker set a Bears record for most kicks in a row without missing.

Spooky I tell ya.........

scamper
10-08-2006, 11:32 PM
They're a hell'uv a team. We'll see if Grossman can go the distance.

Take 'Em
10-09-2006, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by scamper
They're a hell'uv a team. We'll see if Grossman can go the distance.

If they don't burn him out/injured and that offensive line stays healthy to give him all the time he has had back there to operate, they may have a good shot.

Take 'Em
10-16-2006, 09:05 AM
Can they do it again?

Breaking the Monday night curse?

Could it be true?

Monsters of the Midway?

Holy crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4moreyears
10-17-2006, 01:42 AM
fuck yaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Warham
10-17-2006, 07:44 AM
Arizona will never be a winner. It's been set in stone since the First Day.

Take 'Em
10-17-2006, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by 4moreyears
fuck yaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn right man..

Only Da Bears (bound by destiny) could play that poorly, only racking up 3 offensive unit points, and still win a Monday night game. Hence, breaking the curse and propelling them towards

Da Superbowl !!!!!!!

scamper
10-17-2006, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Warham
Arizona will never be a winner. It's been set in stone since the First Day.

"Dennis Green" a crappy coach in Minn, a crappy coach in ARI

scamper
10-17-2006, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by scamper
"Dennis Green" a crappy coach in Minn, a crappy coach in ARI

Good GM though

Va Beach VH Fan
10-17-2006, 07:35 PM
It certainly seems as if the Bears are having one of those "teams of destiny" years, so I won't try to rain on your guys' parade...

But allow me to just point one thing out...

You don't have what one would call a strong schedule....

Sep 10 @Green Bay Won 26-0
Sep 17 Detroit Won 34-7
Sep 24 @Minnesota
Oct 1 Seattle Won 37-6
Oct 8 Buffalo Won 40-7
Oct 16 @Arizona Won 24-23
Week 7 BYE
Oct 29 San Francisco 1:00pm
Nov 5 Miami 1:00pm
Nov 12 @N.Y. Giants 1:00pm
Nov 19 @N.Y. Jets 1:00pm
Nov 26 @New England 1:00pm
Dec 3 Minnesota 1:00pm
Dec 11 @St. Louis 8:30pm
Dec 17 Tampa Bay 1:00pm
Dec 24 @Detroit 1:00pm
Dec 31 Green Bay

Even Seattle, without Hutchinson on the line and now without Alexander, is nowhere near the Super Bowl team they were last year...

But, having said all that, you'll easily get at least one home playoff game with that cake schedule....

I wouldn't even doubt that Chicago can make the Superbowl....

But I can name six teams in the AFC that would whip the Bears' ass if they made it that far....

Good luck !!!! :D

Take 'Em
10-17-2006, 09:32 PM
May very well be true. However, I really wouldn't care if they had 3 girls high school teams and the Vienna Boys Choir & Football club coming up in their schedule.

We have not had a Football season in Chicago in a long time, and as long as Da Bears make the playoffs and beat up on the Fucking
Cheeseheads one more time, this town will go wild.

scamper
10-19-2006, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
It certainly seems as if the Bears are having one of those "teams of destiny" years, so I won't try to rain on your guys' parade...

But allow me to just point one thing out...

You don't have what one would call a strong schedule....

Sep 10 @Green Bay Won 26-0
Sep 17 Detroit Won 34-7
Sep 24 @Minnesota
Oct 1 Seattle Won 37-6
Oct 8 Buffalo Won 40-7
Oct 16 @Arizona Won 24-23
Week 7 BYE
Oct 29 San Francisco 1:00pm
Nov 5 Miami 1:00pm
Nov 12 @N.Y. Giants 1:00pm
Nov 19 @N.Y. Jets 1:00pm
Nov 26 @New England 1:00pm
Dec 3 Minnesota 1:00pm
Dec 11 @St. Louis 8:30pm
Dec 17 Tampa Bay 1:00pm
Dec 24 @Detroit 1:00pm
Dec 31 Green Bay

Even Seattle, without Hutchinson on the line and now without Alexander, is nowhere near the Super Bowl team they were last year...

But, having said all that, you'll easily get at least one home playoff game with that cake schedule....

I wouldn't even doubt that Chicago can make the Superbowl....

But I can name six teams in the AFC that would whip the Bears' ass if they made it that far....

Good luck !!!! :D

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2006-10-17-roundup_x.htm

Notebook: Early results give NFC edge on AFC

The NFC is starting to assert itself during an early-season conference call for change.

The AFC has won seven of the last nine Super Bowls, including three in a row. But the NFC leads the AFC 13-8 in interconference play this season, including a 4-2 advantage in Week 6.

Possible reasons why:

Former San Diego Chargers quarterback Drew Brees left the AFC and signed with the NFC's New Orleans Saints, where he's emerged as an MVP candidate. New coaches Sean Payton of the Saints (5-1) and Scott Linehan of the St. Louis Rams (4-2) are off to impressive starts. The unbeaten Chicago Bears are arguably the most complete team, and the NFC East is football's fiercest division.

Five of the top six rushers —Tiki Barber, Steven Jackson, Frank Gore, Warrick Dunn and Julius Jones— are NFC backs. Of course, these things can be cyclical, and the trend could reverse itself by January.

Va Beach VH Fan
10-19-2006, 06:50 PM
Aaaah, more talk from those supposed "experts", huh ???

Switch84
10-27-2006, 04:39 PM
I thought Switch would be all over this by now!

:D :D :D I was...at a Chicago Bears fansite (2 actually, plus the team's official site). I know how much some of you choke on the Hater-aid where DA BEARS are concerned, so I spend my Bears time with fellow Bears fans at BEARS SITES!

Thank you.

Va Beach VH Fan
10-27-2006, 06:05 PM
Nah, not that at all...

You play the schedule that you're given...

It's not the Bears' fault that they've got a bunch of shitty teams on their schedule....

We'll see when the playoffs start to see how far they go...

Take 'Em
10-29-2006, 08:34 PM
The East coast road trip they have will be the test this year.

Then the friggin Cheeseheads!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take 'Em
11-05-2006, 10:05 AM
The Bears need another win before heading out East. Unfortunately the weather in Chicago looks more like Golf instead of Football. Could have used the 23 degrees from the other day to help make things tougher on the "Warm weather team."

Predictions?

Switch84
11-06-2006, 05:21 AM
:mad: :o Fucking TURNOVERSAURUS REX, man!! And what the fuck is up with Justin Gage dropping shit like a suspect running from the cops? With the exception of Brian Urlacher, the 'D' didn't show up.

Damn it, I NEVER expected them to go undefeated (that's bullshit, anyway and unnecessary to win the SB), but I didn't expect them to take an opponent for granted.

Any Given Sunday, bitches!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Take 'Em
11-06-2006, 11:49 AM
I think there is only one thing to do now.....

Call Ditka!!!

Switch84
11-08-2006, 12:18 PM
I think there is only one thing to do now.....

Call Ditka!!!

DA COACH!!!! Hell yeah, because he wouldn't hesitate to make Grossman ride the wood, baby! And the "Grossman Groupies" at Bears' sites sicken me with their 'Oh, Rex can't be pulled now! It'll hurt his confidence as a learning QB.' Fuck that shit...I've seen Jim Mora take Michael Vick out when he's struggling and put in Matt Schaub! If Atlanta can do that to their 130 million dollar man, why can't Coach Lovie put in Griese?

Motherfuckas need to realize that WINNING is more important than some chokemaster QB's 'feelings'.

Jack68
11-11-2006, 10:34 PM
Giants 23
Bears 13

Switch84
11-12-2006, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Jack68
Giants 23
Bears 13

:rolleyes: Wrong! Drink that Giants Kool-aid all ya want, those boys' streak ends TONIGHT. Grossman's not going to give this game away, baby. It might be a low score game, so I'm upping the ante a bit with my predictions. Then again, we beat a much-better-than-the-Giants Seattle by 31 points so who knows? Nothing's in stone in the NFL, baby!

DA BEARS 30
Giants 20

Little Texan
11-13-2006, 03:03 AM
Bears didn't look too good in the first half, but they sure opened up a can on the Giants in the second half!

Little Texan
11-13-2006, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by Switch84
DA BEARS 30
Giants 20

Good call! You got the Giants score right, and were only off 8 points on the Bears score!

Switch84
11-13-2006, 02:32 PM
Good call! You got the Giants score right, and were only off 8 points on the Bears score!

:D :D :D Holy SHIT, I was close! I don't think Vegas got the score that close, hahaha! I had to work last night/this morning, so I didn't get to see the game past halftime.

Good thing I recorded it!

Switch84
11-13-2006, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Jack68
Giants 23
Bears 13

BEARS-38!!

Giants....
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j110/UrlsGrrl54/owned.jpg

Take 'Em
11-15-2006, 08:44 PM
You guys thing Da Bears have another 100+ yard missed field goal return left in them this year?

UnFuckin believable...

redblkwht
11-20-2006, 12:48 AM
If they beat NE next week, ill start believing..

Switch84
11-22-2006, 02:41 PM
You guys thing Da Bears have another 100+ yard missed field goal return left in them this year?

UnFuckin believable...

:D :D :D And yet ANOTHER Urlacher interception, wooo hooo! "Overrated" my ass! 11 tackles (5 solo) and an INT?

The man's a BEAST and I love it!

Switch84
11-22-2006, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by redblkwht
If they beat NE next week, ill start believing..

:D Nevermind, Red Dear. Da Bears don't need your 'belief'. I like that they're under the radar and not attention whorish like the super-hyped teams. They're quietly getting the job done and that suits this Bearaholic just fine.

No bandwagoners needed or wanted in Chicago.

redblkwht
11-22-2006, 09:12 PM
not a bandwagoner just a realist..

howd you like your boy getting smoked in New York?

I bet you dig his long dreds too..lol:baaa:

Joe Mannix
11-25-2006, 01:04 AM
CBS wrote:
The story: No one is more thankful this weekend than Chicago. First, the Bears end a three-game road swing. Second, they're finished with quality opponents. After Sunday they don't play a club with a winning record, which means I'll see you in Chicago for the NFC playoffs.

The Bears are one of the more interesting teams we've seen in a long time. They're 9-1 and have the league's most formidable defense, yet no one east of Lake Shore Drive really trusts these guys. The reason is Rex Grossman, a quarterback who looks good one week and shaky the next. OK, so you don't need Joe Montana to reach the Super Bowl. Miami got there with David Woodley, for crying out loud.

But you do need someone who doesn't screw up, which is where Grossman gets in trouble. OK, so he's 9-1, and that's all that matters. But the Bears play in a weak division and aren't challenged except when they step out of it. Which is why this game matters. Let's face it: Chicago wins its division in a walk and nails down the home-field advantage early. So the Bears don't really need to win this game. But it would sure help if they played well or Grossman excelled because New England is their last legitimate test before January.

One Of NFL's Weakest Schedules is the Bears.

EbDawson
11-25-2006, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Joe Mannix
After Sunday they don't play a club with a winning record, which means I'll see you in Chicago for the NFC playoffs.

Well like it or not, road to the Super Bowl in the NFC is going thru Soldier Field. Bears are the only team I can think of where when you play them, one of your main goals is for your offense to outscore their defense/special teams.

EbDawson
11-25-2006, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Switch84

No bandwagoners needed or wanted in Chicago.

Well if you're gonna crown 'em, crown 'em. But they are who we thought they were.

:lol:

EbDawson
11-29-2006, 04:58 AM
Brian Griese anyone?

redblkwht
11-29-2006, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by EbDawson
Brian Griese anyone? Nah, remember
this is really Rex's rookie season if you really think about it.
he hasnt played a full season.
this is the reason why im holding back, his learning curve has me puzzled, the game plan they give him has too many long throws. hed be so much more efficient in more short pass. it seems like its run or the long ball. IMO they should roll him out more.

Benson should be gettiing more carries too, or put them both in the backfield together.
ala payton/anderson.

They need to adjust the gameplan, teams have our offense figured out. been since the cardinal game.

Lovie needs to step it up a notch.

EbDawson
11-30-2006, 03:41 AM
Fine. At the moment, he appears to be the weak link in the Bear's machine. Playoffs will still go thru Soldier Field though. Bears shouldn't drop another game.

redblkwht
12-01-2006, 12:47 AM
Fine. At the moment, he appears to be the weak link in the Bear's machine. Playoffs will still go thru Soldier Field though. Bears shouldn't drop another game.
I agree, but the gameplan needs a cleanup otherwise were
gonna get smoked in the playoffs either by the cowboys and dont count out carolina or
Seattle at FULL strength.

Id rank us in the NFC top 3, but
they need to stop rex's happy
feet & give him more options.

Take 'Em
12-03-2006, 07:32 PM
Guess Da Bears still don't need an offense to win.....

svrwthr
12-03-2006, 10:06 PM
Packer fan here and I watched the Bear game instead. Damn that was a good game. total excitement. And nope, they did not need an offense today.

Congrats on taking the NFC central.

Little Texan
12-04-2006, 12:15 AM
Grossman has looked like shit the past several games! 6-19 for 34 yards and 3 interceptions in today's game? :eek: That's horrible! Against the NFL's 31st ranked pass defense, no less!

EbDawson
12-04-2006, 03:12 PM
Bears are incredible. QB has a 1.3 rating and they still win. Defense and special teams score TD each. Then again this isn't going get them to the SB. Sooner or later they're gonna have to throw the ball.

Take 'Em
12-08-2006, 09:24 AM
Sooner or later they're gonna have to throw the ball.

As long as they can throw it to the opposing defender within his own 20 yard line, and let the Bears Defense have a chance at scoring, they should be fine.....

EbDawson
12-09-2006, 03:35 AM
Bears DT Tommie Harris lost for remainder of year with hamstring injury. Ouch.

Take 'Em
12-18-2006, 03:16 PM
Road to the Superbowl going through Chicago!!!!!!!

Ugly 4th quarter yesterday, but still seeming to get the job done.

BEARS!!!!!

EbDawson
12-18-2006, 10:42 PM
Congrats to the Bears (but they did come awful close letting one of the worst teams in the NFC beat em at home). Still, they're home for the playoffs and that's a huge plus.

Switch84
12-30-2006, 08:36 AM
Congrats to the Bears (but they did come awful close letting one of the worst teams in the NFC beat em at home). Still, they're home for the playoffs and that's a huge plus.

:D 13-2 ain't shabby and I'm happy right now WOOO HOOOO!! I wasn't pleased with the New Year's Eve game being bumped to a night game (it fucked up my partying plans), but I'll be watching! I can get drunk at home, baby.

GO, BEARS!!!!! :D :D

EbDawson
01-01-2007, 03:15 AM
I know you had the playoffs wrapped up but doesn't it concern you that Grossman went 2 for 12 with 3 ints.? Supposedly it's some sort of record, not the good kind.

Take 'Em
01-02-2007, 02:38 PM
I know you had the playoffs wrapped up but doesn't it concern you that Grossman went 2 for 12 with 3 ints.? Supposedly it's some sort of record, not the good kind.

Does not concern me at all. He sucked all season and he still sucks now. Defense wins championships and the Bears will need theirs to continue to score for them as they did all season.....

EbDawson
01-04-2007, 03:13 AM
OK but sooner or later you're gonna have to throw the ball to win. It's not just the lack of TDs but the INTs that can kill you.

Take 'Em
01-04-2007, 12:50 PM
That's why we don't let Rex handle or throw the ball ever.
We should quick kick every 2nd down and pin the opposing team back in their zone, with the hopes of a defensive scoring opportunity:D

Take 'Em
01-21-2007, 07:04 PM
Need I say anymore.

Da Fucking Bears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Little Texan
01-21-2007, 11:12 PM
Congratulations

redblkwht
01-22-2007, 02:30 AM
HEY SWITCH, SHOW US YOUR TITS IN CELEBRATION!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigBadBrian
01-23-2007, 07:05 AM
That's why we don't let Rex handle or throw the ball ever.

I don't blame the Bears, considering how he did during the last regular season game where the Packers spanked the Bears good.

That was the real Rex Grossman. :D

Take 'Em
01-23-2007, 11:13 AM
Exactly..

Lesson learned in NFC game:

"Hand the ball to Jones and let him run,run,run,run."

Can't throw an interception that way..

redblkwht
01-23-2007, 12:32 PM
The Last Packer Playoff memory was

4th & 27!!

LMFAO!!

Bretts gone.
Its back to the 80's for
greenbay, your condo will be
next to minnesota Biqueens
now..:D

BigBadBrian
01-23-2007, 02:13 PM

Bretts gone.
Its back to the 80's for
greenbay, your condo will be
next to minnesota Biqueens
now..:D

You better win the Big One this year....it'll be your only chance. You're losing a number of your better players to Free Agency this year. The cap says you can't keep them all. :cool:

jharp84
01-23-2007, 03:58 PM
Last time I checked I was a BEAR FAN!!!

jharp84
01-23-2007, 03:59 PM
BEARS WIN DIS GAME - SACK MANNING!!!!

redblkwht
01-23-2007, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
You better win the Big One this year....it'll be your only chance. You're losing a number of your better players to Free Agency this year. The cap says you can't keep them all. :cool:

regardless, we wont be cellar dwelling..lol

BigBadBrian
02-04-2007, 10:08 PM
regardless, we wont be cellar dwelling..lol

No, you'll be at the middle of the division...cryin' over a season that could've been.

Get a new QB.

redblkwht
02-04-2007, 10:45 PM
No, you'll be at the middle of the division...cryin' over a season that could've been.

Get a new QB.

At least we made the big dance bro, tell Brett the pain is coming in 2007.

Favre next year? ill take my rookie any day, 1st full season makes big game
is a bust?
your fooling no one.

Favre is 5 years past, could
have retired KINDA on top. lmao he's not Jordan bro.
or never will be.

your still back of the bus.

typical cheese head talking smack when your team
isnt shit..ah well, ya better
get used to it alright?

LOL 4TH & 27 BOY!:D

BigBadBrian
02-06-2007, 01:41 PM
At least we made the big dance bro

Yeah, your team was dancing...as the bitch.

redblkwht
02-07-2007, 01:27 AM
Yeah, your team was dancing...& Im Just bitching my team is toast the next 10 years..

:cry:

LOL

Favre was home eating corn
& inflating his wifes boobs..

TAKIN WHISKEY
02-09-2007, 11:48 PM
Gossman? Stick with him or bring in some other competition other than Griese? Insiders are talking about Garcia, Carr, or Plummer. In that order.