PDA

View Full Version : Iron Maiden: A Matter of Life and Death

redfire
09-27-2006, 12:18 AM
I got the new Maiden cd, and it is excellent. It's instantly more memorable than the past 2 albums with Bruce, and obviously the ones with Blaze. If you're an Iron Maiden fan, pick this up. It's not a waste of your $15.

A lot of times, we bitch and moan about music out today, and this is best total album I've bought in a long time. Only Megadeth's last album and Marty Friedman's last 2 albums (Music for Speeding and Elixir) stand up to this album in terms of a complete album.

Almost all of the songs are more than 5 minutes. The album by and large feels like a concept album, not like Seventh Son, but just in overal tone and flow. If you like excellent musicianship and song writing, check this album out.

Up the Irons.

.... where's Spanish Doc when you need him???

redfire
09-27-2006, 01:04 AM
By the way, I'm a dumbass, Marty Friedman's latest album is Loudspeaker, not Elixir. Elixir is the first song off the album. That's why you don't post stuff while you're in bed....

MERRYKISSMASS2U
09-27-2006, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by redfire
By the way, I'm a dumbass, Marty Friedman's latest album is Loudspeaker, not Elixir. Elixir is the first song off the album. That's why you don't post stuff while you're in bed....

Oooh, downloading that!

Friedman's awesome ;)

Thanks for the notification and the dupe thread!

MERRYKISSMASS2U
09-27-2006, 01:21 AM
And the double post!

/sarcasm

Mr Badguy
09-27-2006, 03:54 AM
All "A matter of life and death" topics should be discussed here:

www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39764

I`m closing this.

Just trying to keep the place tidy.

:D