Fire Woman
Rise
Peace Dog
Wildflower
Love Removal Machine
=============
Nirvana
She Sells Sanctuary

This was a great night out considering The Cult aren`t promoting a record at the moment.

Ian Astbury looked like Jim Morrison with curly hair and a beard.

Billy Duffy was way more active than I`ve ever seen him, even talking to the crowd several times.

It was a good band with Chris Wyse playing bass and a new drummer.

They said they were going to play "Horse nation" but they started another song and never played it.

It was really loud and my ears are still ringing.

Check `em out if you get the chance.

Jérôme Frenchise
09-27-2006, 01:00 PM
Cheers!

I just hope they'll play in Paris or Zurich. I've always dug their music, though Astbury, whose voice is amazing on the records, often sucks donkey balls on stage (I can tell by the boots I've got and "Music Without Fear", their DVD).

So, did he reach those higher notes this time? ;)

I won't miss them if they come to Europe. I'll check on their official site right now. :cool:

BadAxe
09-27-2006, 01:06 PM
The Cult.... one of the best under rated rock bands!!!
I will be seeing them for the 7th time at the hard rock in Orlando Nov.

Jérôme Frenchise
09-27-2006, 01:12 PM
Orlando, USA... Damn, they hit England, Scotland, Ireland and Belgium (one date only) and that's it. :(

Mr Badguy
09-27-2006, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
So, did he reach those higher notes this time? ;)

Well, you know Ian.

Lyrics and melodies are often changed "on the fly" while the music remains the same but the enthusiasm of the performance covered any mistakes or rustyness.

They looked genuinely pleased to be playing, unlike the last time I saw them in` 94 when they were touring "The Cult" album which was a shitty, ragged gig.

I hope they make a new album as I really enjoyed "Beyond good and evil".

Jérôme Frenchise
09-27-2006, 02:35 PM
:)

During the 2001 tour, the music was really, really good.
But there was that fucking attitude of Ian's, that looked ridiculous. Fortunately, Billy Duffy played extremely well (and so did the bass player, B. Morrison if I remember well).

Originally posted by Mr Badguy
I hope they make a new album as I really enjoyed "Beyond good and evil".

So do I. The Cult are one of the very, very few bands whose albums I long for. It must be more or less ready for release - I don't know, it only smells like it. :cool:

diamondD
09-27-2006, 03:36 PM
I'm glad he's back where he belongs instead of that stupid fake Doors crap.

Beyond Good and Evil was a return to form, but I wonder if losing Matt Sorum now will affect them any...

Soul Reaper
09-27-2006, 04:29 PM
excellent....

Sonic Temple was a classic album....I recommend everyone who likes rock music to listen to it.....

sadaist
09-27-2006, 04:32 PM
Saw them in 90 or 91. One of the great live bands out there. Had 2nd row and they opened with a kick ass version of "New York City". Also one of the few bands that the rockers, jocks, mods, etc... all seemed to like. Lot's of fine women at that show as well.

Tiki-Tom
09-27-2006, 10:06 PM
Ian's back where he belongs. I hope he stays there. The Cult brings back some great memories. Time for a new disc.

Hardrock69
09-27-2006, 11:21 PM
I saw them in Gnashville on the 2001 Tour. First time I ever saw them. They played a song off their (then) new album that kicked my ass!!!
:cool:

binnie
09-28-2006, 04:21 AM
I was in too minds about going to see them, but after reading this thread I will do my best to make it.

Dig all of their records, but felt that they might be passed it.

Obviously I was wrong!

Jérôme Frenchise
09-28-2006, 05:56 AM
The opening and the first minute of "Lil Devil". Chicago, 03/17 this year.
Makes me feel like seeing them too. :cool:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fe-sEk3WG3A"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fe-sEk3WG3A" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Last Tuesday in Birmingham.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kncSkyXcfVQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kncSkyXcfVQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>