PDA

View Full Version : "That's the biggest fucking jar of Hoppe's I've ever seen."

rustoffa
09-29-2006, 01:23 AM
I'm kind of psyched about opening day this year...anyone else?

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/2807/bdxd9.jpg

Little Texan
09-29-2006, 02:17 AM
Not me, as I'm usually working on opening day.

Take 'Em
09-29-2006, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa
I'm kind of psyched about opening day this year...anyone else?

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/2807/bdxd9.jpg

Not my brand on opening day.

I go by, "If it flies it dies" during the season

Good luck to you however brother..

rustoffa
09-30-2006, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Takeem5
Not my brand on opening day.

I go by, "If it flies it dies" during the season

Good luck to you however brother..

I hear ya.

Opening day is for dipshits with tree stands, and I did my dadgummest to convey that sentiment with the ridiculous picture. Fat motherfuckers with Marlins....trophy seeking ass clowns. All the stupid fucking Browning stickers....Realtree party cuntstumes? Whatever happened to scouting water with ajacent hardwoods...in late August?

Take 'Em
09-30-2006, 08:45 AM
I have enjoyed fishing and bird hunting my whole life. I catch and release while fishing, and only take my limit or less of birds (enough to enjoy a game lunch on a tailgate in a North Dakota bean field).

Sometimes I even just like to watch em fly and let one of my buddies shoot, so I can work my dog on tough retrieves in beautiful country.

I hate f-ing "Game Hogs".....

Nitro Express
09-30-2006, 08:27 PM
I look at all the Cabelas stores and Sportsman's Warehouse stores and look at all the gear people by. You know most of it doesn't even get used.

The funnest day of hunting I ever had was in Mexico on a Jaguire hunt and we used two liter pop bottles on string for canteens and old Czech VZ-75 Mausers for rifles that were real beaters. No fancy gear and we had a blast.

The best fishing I ever had was down in Alabama just using a bamboo pole, no real, and jerking the fish out of the river.

We have all sorts of fancy fly fishing around here and reels that cost $1,000 and Gortex this and that. Who buys that stuff are rich investment bankers from NYC and the buy the gear, do a little fishing and spend most the time in the bar. Then they go back home and brag that the fished the Snake River.

Nitro Express
09-30-2006, 08:31 PM
I have bison in my freezer. Elk and deer or ok. I like bottled venison. But I just buy my meat on a Indian Reservation now.

Hunting here means cold and rainy weather and lots of work. I guess I have gotten my fill of it. I would just rather go shoot steel targets and clay pigeons now.

I never tire of seeing how fast I can clear a table of targets. I can do that all day long.

Dr. Love
09-30-2006, 09:34 PM
That's the second biggest Monkey head I've ever seen!

rustoffa
09-30-2006, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Takeem5
I have enjoyed fishing and bird hunting my whole life. I catch and release while fishing, and only take my limit or less of birds (enough to enjoy a game lunch on a tailgate in a North Dakota bean field).

Sometimes I even just like to watch em fly and let one of my buddies shoot, so I can work my dog on tough retrieves in beautiful country.

Take a trip to the Altamaha. More specifically, the old Champney river rice patties. Ponds 1 & 2 are just as good as 3, but 3 is heavily localized.

http://www.georgiawildlife.com/content/displaycontent.asp?txtDocument=97&txtPage=13

Matt White
10-01-2006, 11:44 AM
Opening day for BOW season in MICHIGAN today...............

blonddgirl777
10-01-2006, 08:44 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo!!!!!!!! :( :( :(

Matt White
10-01-2006, 09:19 PM
Yes yes and yes.........

Venison stew!!!

blonddgirl777
10-01-2006, 10:08 PM
My Mom. has this country house at the lake and when summer begins, we like to watch the new offspring of ducks, swimming and following their mothers in a row... they are so cute!
I only want to tell them "go south NOW... they will kill you all!"
In early fall when hunting season starts, at around 5:00 A.M., we can hear the gun shots... I feel sad...

I like Babmie, he is a lovely and armless creature...

BUT as much as I love animals and I am a vegetarian, I totally understand that humans are on top of the food chain and we must feed ourselves.

I have nothing against hunters as long as their catchs end up in someone's plate (just not mine).

What I totally despise, are the ones who will just kill for "the rack" over their mantle, to use a skull as an ashtray, to eat testicles for fertility, fur, etc... leaving the biggert part of the animal to nothing.

As a matter of fact, capturing wild animals for show & tell like in zoos and circus is the worst thing that can happen to them, along with animal testings...

Anyway,
Have a Good Hunting Season!

blonddgirl777
10-01-2006, 10:17 PM
Anyone planning to come up to Canada for hunting?
The northern part of this huge country is apparently hunter's paradise!

Every year, thousands of Americans get their ass over here to spend a lot of money on that hobby...

rustoffa
10-01-2006, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
Yes yes and yes.........

Venison stew!!!

Tenderloins & eggs!!

Backstrap BBQ!!!

Chili!!!!
:killer:

Nitro Express
10-02-2006, 03:57 AM
You know what's ironic is I brought a shotgun up to Alberta and the Canadian Customs at the border warned me to make sure I got a special form from the US Customs or the US would confiscate my gun. Sure enough, comming back home I caught shit from US Customs and I had the right form they never told me about and I had to walk back over the border to get.

So kudos to Canada! The Custom officers kept my gun from getting confiscated.

Nitro Express
10-02-2006, 04:00 AM
My doctor has two stuffed polar bears in his living room him and his wife bagged in Canada. Get them while you still can because the polar ice melt is going to make them extinct. When the ones in the zoos die off we will only have the taxidermed ones left.

blonddgirl777
10-02-2006, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
My doctor has two stuffed polar bears in his living room him and his wife bagged in Canada. Get them while you still can because the polar ice melt is going to make them extinct. When the ones in the zoos die off we will only have the taxidermed ones left.

NOOOOOOoooooooo!!!!!!! :( :( :(

My cousin (a hunter) says that bears in general are kinda hard to catch but the meat is worth all the efforts...

I hope that "good" doctor made good use of those 2 bears?

I love baby polar bears... my fantasy would be to own a never growing one as a pet! :D

Take 'Em
10-02-2006, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by rustoffa
Tenderloins & eggs!!

Backstrap BBQ!!!

Chili!!!!
:killer:

Mushu Teriyaki Mallards and Pheasant pot pies for me!!

"Whack em & Stack em"