PDA

View Full Version : Alice Cooper At The Ryman

Hardrock69
10-01-2006, 02:13 AM
Just got back....man he kicked the fucking shit out of everybody. Set was 95 minutes long including encores. He opened for the Stones in Louisville just last night.

Anyway, Alice's opening band was called Crash Kelly from Toronto. Apparently their current album was produced by Gilby Clarke.

They are like a good-time commercial street rock band. Harmless.....some interesting songs, but rather generic.

Alice kicked ass. Did not do Cold Ethyl, or Dead Babies, but did his major hits, and also The Ballad Of Dwight Frye.

Much fun.
The title track from his current album "Dirty Diamonds" kicked my fucking ass.

He fucking rules. Still.

'Nuff Said.

http://www.alicecooper.com/gallery/images/a0017.jpg

DrMaddVibe
10-01-2006, 07:28 AM
Alice was my 1st concert back in '71! I had nightmares for months afterwards. Glad to hear you had a good time and that he still brings the goods.

ELVIS
10-01-2006, 11:12 AM
Dirty Diamonds sucks shit...

Matt White
10-01-2006, 11:40 AM
"The Ballad Of Dwight Frye"

BRILLIANT

Just watched that history of METAL again on VH1 classic...Rob Zombie saying "EVERYBODY stole from ALICE COOPER" was cool....

Kinda like ACE FREHELY saying that if KISS goes into the RRHOF before ALICE...he wasn't showing up...
"There'd be no KISS without ALICE COOPER."

jharp84
10-01-2006, 01:20 PM
Agree with Elvis! Dirty diamonds is disapointing! Should have done LAst temptation part 2 for the "garage band vibe! However just got Live at MOnteux 2005 and it is KILLER!!!! IF youre an alice fan get this it comes with a bonus cd as well!!!

Hardrock69
10-02-2006, 09:12 AM
I think the title track Dirty Diamonds kicks fucking ass. It did live anyway. One of the highlights of the show.

But then, I have only heard one other track (because he played both songs live) "Woman Of Mass Distraction", and it was so-so.

Hey if anyone runs across photos online from this show, please let me know.

diamondD
10-03-2006, 02:49 PM
No Cold Ethyl?

How were the props? Last time I saw him was in the summertime with the Scorps and he did the guillotine and a couple of other things, but mostly it was about the music.

Hardrock69
10-03-2006, 08:52 PM
Probably the same show.

Guillotine...frankenstein...some goobers in masques and a hot chick or two dancing around....

diamondD
10-03-2006, 10:13 PM
Actually I meant summertime a few years ago, but aside for the new songs, I'm sure it was pretty much the same classic rock staples show.

Does anyone get Alic Cooper At Night, his syndicated radio show? They play it in the evening shift here and he's really not that bad of a deejay. He's definitely got some cool stories to tell.

blueturk
10-03-2006, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69

...Alice kicked ass. Did not do Cold Ethyl, or Dead Babies, but did his major hits...

Did he do "You And Me" or "How You Gonna See Me Now"? Or maybe "I Never Cry"? I know I'll catch all kinds of shit, but Alice Cooper invented selling out. The transformation from anti-hero to Hollywood Square during the '70's was pathetic. It was almost as bad as the end of CVH.....

Hardrock69
10-04-2006, 01:56 AM
Yeah he did I'll Never Cry...

philouze
10-05-2006, 09:58 AM
Alice kicks ass big time.
I just disagree with his political ideas. I don't like Right-Wing. Maybe should he get a Right Wig ! nah, kiddin'..
Saw the Coop' in 2001 in Paris. Huge show, huge artist, yep, nuff said.

Oh, btw, the original AC Group is reuniting for a show.. Can't remember where or when, just search the news by yourself... but it's fuckin Official.

Mr Badguy
10-05-2006, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by blueturk
Did he do "You And Me" or "How You Gonna See Me Now"? Or maybe "I Never Cry"? I know I'll catch all kinds of shit, but Alice Cooper invented selling out. The transformation from anti-hero to Hollywood Square during the '70's was pathetic. It was almost as bad as the end of CVH.....

The problem with Alice doing ballads (ugh, I hate that expression) is that he`s so damn good at them.

He delivers them so much better than Steven Tyler and the other culprits.

"Only women bleed", "How you gonna see me now", "I never cry" etc.: cheesy? Yes, but not so much that you`d throw up, unlike Bon Jovi, Aerosmith or Van Hagar.

Mr Badguy
10-05-2006, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by philouze
Oh, btw, the original AC Group is reuniting for a show.. Can't remember where or when, just search the news by yourself... but it's fuckin Official.

Yeah, I heard that too.

With Mick Mashbir subbing for Glen Buxton (RIP).

I wouldn`t mind a reunion of the Wagner/Hunter "Welcome to my nightmare" band.

Got a bootleg from the LA Forum in `75 and it smokes.

blueturk
10-06-2006, 09:44 PM
Where did you guys hear this?

Mr Badguy
10-07-2006, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by blueturk
Where did you guys hear this?

I read it in a magazine interview with Neal Smith.

It wasn`t yesterday, it was a few months ago.

Alice (the man) holds all the cards, though.

Mr. Vengeance
10-07-2006, 11:40 AM
I cannot see any of them wanting to have anything to do with Michael Bruce, considering he became a drug addicted thief, and essentially has blamed Alice for his career failure since the original band split. If it was for one show, I'd be interested in seeing a dvd of it, just to see how they sound, but I wouldn't expect anything to come from it.

FantasyMan
02-17-2007, 01:40 PM
Hi folks. I just joined and saw this thread. I know I'm coming into this a few months too late but better late than never.

Would like to make a couple of comments...

Damon Johnson, who is Alice's current lead guitarist, took over Glen's spot at the reunion this past December at Alice Cooper's Christmas Pudding charity event. All reviews have been 100% with some even saying the band sounded ever better this time around than before. Michael has cleaned up his act and playing and apparently patched things up with everyone a long time ago.

If any of you know your history, than you'll know that Mike, Dennis, Neal continued on as "The Billion Dollar Babies" after the original band split. They reunited at the Chiller Convention in October, possibly as a warm up show for the reunion and if you want to check out some awesome video of the guys, watch it here:

http://www.sickthingsuk.co.uk/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=2;t=1240;st=0

Shaun Ponsonby
02-17-2007, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy
"Only women bleed", "How you gonna see me now", "I never cry" etc.: cheesy? Yes, but not so much that you`d throw up, unlike Bon Jovi, Aerosmith or Van Hagar.

Thats because most of them are not aboot love. "Only Women Bleed" and "Take It Like A Woman" (from "Brutal Planet") are both aboot domestic abuse.

"How Are You Gonna See Me Now" is aboot him coming out of rehab.

He doesn't sing songs like "Why Can't This Be Dave?"

In fact, I'm finding it hard to think of a song he's done with the word "love" in the title, other than "Be My Lover".

Shaun Ponsonby
02-17-2007, 02:12 PM
...and Muscle of Love

Shaun Ponsonby
02-17-2007, 02:13 PM
I Love The Dead doesn't count

katie
02-18-2007, 08:18 PM
Alice Cooper = Legend!

The original band did a low key gig at The resturant that Alice owns back in 99' i have a DVD of it somewhere.

Katie