PDA

View Full Version : Fascist Nut Daily DUMPS the Republican Party!!

FORD
10-02-2006, 10:20 PM
GOP unworthy of governing
Posted: October 2, 2006
1:00 a.m. Eastern

This column is going to make me very unpopular with Republicans.

I don't care. It must be said.

Following the revelations about Florida Rep. Mark Foley's sexually suggestive e-mails to a 16-year-old congressional page, I have concluded Republicans are unworthy of retaining control of the federal government.

I sincerely regret this is the case.

I would much prefer that there were a real viable alternative to the Democrats, who are not only unworthy, but also unacceptable.

But wishful thinking is not going to protect our country. Wishful thinking is not going to expand freedom, promote justice and restore morality to America.

It's time to recognize the two-party system is just flat broken.

The Foley case is a great illustration.

It's not just what one unfit congressman did. It is how his colleagues, mindful only of defending their own positions of power, reacted.

Over the weekend we learned that Rep. Thomas Reynolds, head of the House Republican election effort, went to House Speaker Dennis Hastert months ago about concerns a fellow GOP lawmaker had sent inappropriate, sexually suggestive messages to the teenage boy.

Hastert's office said aides referred the matter to the proper authorities last fall but they were only told the messages were "over-friendly." In other words, they did no investigating because they didn't want to know the truth. An election was coming, and Republicans were hoping to hold their slim majority in a tough contest this year.

Reynolds, R-N.Y., is now defending himself from Democratic accusations that he did too little. He ought to be defending himself against Republican accusations. Republican incumbents and challengers are the ones who will be hurt by this devastating blow.

Reynolds never bothered to ask to see the messages. Hastert never bothered to ask for them. They turned a blind eye to the news.

Think about this. In 2005, there was still time for the Republicans to clean their own dirty laundry and find a suitable replacement for an unsuitable incumbent. They did not.

Let me also remind you that it is the sworn duty of the House to clean its own house. It should not have been a matter of simply turning over information to the "proper authorities." The Congress of the United States is the proper authority to determine whether any member is unfit to hold office.

Hastert's aides referred the matter to the clerk of the House, and "mindful of the sensitivity of the parent's wishes to protect their child's privacy and believing that they had promptly reported what they knew to the proper authorities," they did not discuss it with others in Hastert's office – including, apparently, their boss.

That's a disgrace. Hastert is a disgrace for setting this kind of tone in his own office. There was obviously a circle-the-wagons mentality at work there.

Get this! After the issue was referred to the clerk, it was passed along to the congressman who oversees the page program, Rep. John Shimkus, R-Ill. Shimkus has said he learned about the e-mail exchange in late 2005 and took immediate action to investigate.

He said Foley told him it was an innocent exchange.Shamus said he warned Foley not to have any more contact with the teenager and to respect other pages.

That was it? That was the result of his investigation? Did he ask to see the e-mail messages? Why did he accept Foley's explanation at face value? Again, the answer is clear. No Republican wanted to jeopardize Foley's seat – which is exactly what they did by not kicking him out of the House in 2005.

Republicans will pay a price for this error. And they should.

Joseph Farah is founder, editor and CEO of WND and a nationally syndicated columnist with Creators Syndicate. His latest book is "Taking America Back." He also edits the weekly online intelligence newsletter Joseph Farah's G2 Bulletin, in which he utilizes his sources developed over 30 years in the news business.

Link (http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=52235)

DrMaddVibe
10-02-2006, 10:27 PM
Oh, how many times have you discredited WND and its founder?

FORD
10-02-2006, 10:50 PM
Even a broken clock is right twice a day. And Joey Farrah Fawcett is right this time. Republicans are incapable of leading this country and unworthy.

And not just because of this kiddie-diddler either.

Nitro Express
10-03-2006, 04:06 AM
It's going to be interesting because many former Republican voters are pissed and feel stabbed in the back by the GOP.

Hell, even my Mormon aunt said she would rather support gay marriage than support the errosion of the Constitution. She said the more she thinks about it, why should gays be as miserable as the rest of us. Let them get married.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
10-03-2006, 07:56 AM
FORD, can't you see what's going on? Republicans are disassociating themselves from the GOP to once more take over the Democratic party. First Charles Barkley, now this wingnut.

Prepare for more taX cuts!!!

Nickdfresh
10-03-2006, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe

And how many times have you read their website and believe everything they say?

EAT MY ASSHOLE
10-03-2006, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe

As i recall, they never "foundered" any WMD... ;)

Nitro Express
10-03-2006, 01:54 PM
The US has always been a two party system for the most part because the other parties just don't have the voters to be any seriouse competition.

What you see overtime is political parties evolve. The Democratic Party used to be the conservative party at one time. Thank's to Bushco pissing the conservative right off, you just might see some conservatives crashing the Democratic party and changing the dynamics of it.

FORD
10-03-2006, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
The US has always been a two party system for the most part because the other parties just don't have the voters to be any seriouse competition.

What you see overtime is political parties evolve. The Democratic Party used to be the conservative party at one time. Thank's to Bushco pissing the conservative right off, you just might see some conservatives crashing the Democratic party and changing the dynamics of it.

Conservatives crashed the Democratic party 20 years ago when the DLC was hatched from the bowels of Hell. But Bill Clinton was the only one of them who was capable of winning an election. Given the fact that the BCE has driven this country to the edge of another 1929, we need another FDR to fix this country. And preferrably without going through another Great Depression first :(

EAT MY ASSHOLE
10-03-2006, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by FORD
And preferrably without going through another Great Depression first :(

Considering the record breaking numbers on the Dow Jones, I'd say the economy is doing very, very well.

FORD
10-03-2006, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
Considering the record breaking numbers on the Dow Jones, I'd say the economy is doing very, very well.

Wall street must be celebrating the impending collapse of the Republican party.

And if the idle rich have turned their back on the GOP, that leaves them with only the trailer park loonies.

Steve Savicki
10-03-2006, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
And how many times have you read their website and believe everything they say?
So are there any political websites you can trust?

DrMaddVibe
10-03-2006, 05:49 PM
Given the fact that the BCE has driven this country to the edge of another 1929, we need another FDR to fix this country.

LMAO!!!!

You can tell who the investors are!

knuckleboner
10-03-2006, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki
So are there any political websites you can trust?

www.davidleeroth.com (http://www.davidleeroth.com)...

EAT MY ASSHOLE
10-03-2006, 08:21 PM
Wall street must be celebrating the impending collapse of the Republican party.

And if the idle rich have turned their back on the GOP, that leaves them with only the trailer park loonies.

No it has to do with the price of oil going down, the sound fiscal policies of our current administration, wise investments like Alaska's much-needed bridge (THANK GOD FOR STEVENS!!!), and the abolishment of the death tax, thank you very much!

ODShowtime
10-06-2006, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
Hell, even my Mormon aunt said she would rather support gay marriage than support the errosion of the Constitution.

It's about god-damn time people wake the fuck up. It's taken some awful things for that to happen.

Katydid
10-07-2006, 05:23 PM
The Democrats are going to have to bring more to the table than that.

Unchainme
10-07-2006, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Katydid

Oh do shut up.

FORD
10-07-2006, 05:35 PM

We already are (http://www.democrats.org/agenda.html)

Hardrock69
10-09-2006, 02:46 PM

Go fuck yourself.
:mad: