PDA

View Full Version : THIS is for all you goobers who like HEAVY MUFAKKING GUITAR ROCK!!!!!

MERRYKISSMASS2U
10-04-2006, 02:16 AM
Too industrial/techno-ish for my tastes.

The song "Moskau" was interesting because they sung partly in Russian. They also have covered Ария's Штиль (Schtil is how the Germans spell it, I believe)

DrMaddVibe
10-04-2006, 06:51 AM
Saw them years ago at a club in Detroit!

They freaking rock!

Ellyllions
10-04-2006, 08:07 AM
When I first heard "Du Hast" and "Engel", I was blown away.

But I've found that they delve too far into the costume stuff for me.

I guess I'm just too old to have an imagination. But I won't deplete their musical validity. Rammstein is a good band.

Little Texan
10-04-2006, 03:53 PM
I like Rammstein, all except for the fact I can't understand a fucking word of what they're singing! (Not German literate)

DavidLeeNatra
10-04-2006, 05:17 PM
saw them last summer in front of 15.000 people...I have seen KI$$ on the reunion tour...and they look like a club-gig against what rammstein was firing in the air...

Hardrock69
10-04-2006, 09:14 PM
I can say "Ich spreche sie Deutsch nicht" and that is about it.

However, I have learned the lyrics to a lot of their songs...without having a clue what the lyrics mean! LOL!

Yes they are kinda extreme.....but then, I have always been addicted to bands that appear to be having a nuclear meltdown either on stage or in the studio.

Rammstein sounds JUST AS KICKASS LIVE as they do in the studio.

How many times have you all been victimized by shitty soundmen?

Your fave band comes to town, and you SO look forward to hearing them play songs off of your fave album. And the studio track sounds marvelous.

But at the gig, they sound like FUCKING SHIT!
:mad:

Rammstein is not like that.

That is something that blew my fucking mind.

This is not like "Kiss Alive" where it was fixed in the studio. (SEE NOTE AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST).

THEY ARE THE REAL FUCKING THING!!!!!

So their immense POWAH and FIRE and superior songwriting and their ABSOLUTELY KICKASS PRODUCTION ON THEIR STUDIO ALBUMS won me over years ago.

In fact, the very first time I ever heard or saw them, was in 1999. I had been reading about them, and even though they were not getting a lot of press, wherever they went and whenever they were written about, they were given radioactive kickass reviews.

So I went to the local video store and lo and behold I found a copy of Live Aus Berlin.

I watched that tape 7 times in the first 2 days I had it.

THey have blown my mind on a level not felt since the days of CVH in the late 70s.

Van Halen fucked my head up like that.

So did Judas Priest.

Rammstein has done it again.

So anyhoo.....ever since I discovered them I have bought every album theyhave released, and collected as much bootleg video as I could.

Granted they are not for everybody.

If you have only seen Live Aus Berlin on DVD....go find someone who has the VHS and then watch it.

There is a special surpise not on the DVD.

Actually, it has a "special purpose".
:D

Or you can just watch it on Youtube.

:cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMO8ACRzGg4

HR69 NOTE: Youtube has a 13-part lecture by famed engineer Eddie Kramer, answering questions about the music industry, about his work with Led Zep, Hendrix, The Stones, The Beatles, etc.

Someone asked him about Kiss: Alive and he said that the only thing on that album that was original was Peter Criss's vocals and the drum tracks.

EVERYTHING ELSE was replaced in the studio.

Eddie even said that he had 3 or 4 seperate tracks of just audience noise, so if he wanted the audience to make a bunch of noise, applause, etc., he would just reach over and bump up a fader.

I had always heard it was "fixed" in the studio, but until he said that I had no idea that 90% of the album was NOT live.

Amazing....

:rolleyes: