PDA

View Full Version : One Thing I'm sure NeoCons and Libs willl agree on..

Unchainme
10-05-2006, 06:27 AM
Church group won't picket Amish funerals

A Kansas church group that planned to demonstrate at the funerals of five Amish girls killed in an attack on their one-room schoolhouse has dropped the picket plans, a reversal that came hours after Pennsylvania's governor offered the Amish police protection.

Members of the Westboro Baptist Church issued a statement saying a representative will appear on a nationally syndicated radio talk show hosted by Mike Gallagher instead of picketing the funerals.

Gallagher's website indicated the group was offered an hour of airtime in exchange for dropping the planned demonstration.

In preparation for the demonstration, Governor Ed Rendell said that he appealed to the Topeka, Kansas-based group to allow the Amish to conduct their funerals in privacy.

Members of the church group routinely picket military funerals, saying that American servicemen and women are dying overseas because God is displeased that the United States tolerates homosexuals.

In a statement on its website, the church blamed Rendell for the deaths of the Amish children because of comments he made about the Westboro group on national television several months ago.

"They're insane," Rendell responded when asked about the group's statement.

In June, Rendell signed legislation into Pennsylvania law designed to restrict Westboro Baptist Church's picketing by making it a crime to demonstrate within 150 metres of a funeral or memorial service in Pennsylvania.

State police will provide security at the funerals to keep reporters, the public and any potential demonstrators at a "respectful distance" from mourners, said Kate Philips, Rendell's press secretary.

The Federal Aviation Administration also will keep aircraft, such as media helicopters, at least four kilometres away, she said.

The state police may allow a single helicopter in the sky for pool television coverage, if the Amish approve, she said.

"We're trying to look at every possible precaution available with the ultimate goal of allowing these people to mourn as we would want to if this happened to our family," Philips said.

On Monday morning, Charles Carl Roberts IV entered the West Nickel Mines Amish School in Lancaster County and shot 10 girls, killing five.

Roberts killed himself as police stormed the building.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/World/Church-group-wont-picket-Amish-funerals/2006/10/05/1159641422725.html

What a Bunch of scumsuckers. Can't Believe they would auctually try something like this.

Hardrock69
10-05-2006, 08:45 AM
WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE KILL THESE COCKSUCKERS?!?!?!?!?!?!?

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

That apparently is the only way we will be rid of them.....

The Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, KS are the cockroaches of Christianity!

:mad:

DrMaddVibe
10-05-2006, 09:33 AM
That would create martyrs for their cause.

Just ignoring them and calling the cops so they can take care of this is more in order.

FORD
10-05-2006, 09:49 AM
So God "hates" the Amish now too? :confused:

I know I shouldn't waste 30 seconds of brain power trying to analyze Phelps' motives, but I don't get what his angle would be in this one.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
10-05-2006, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE KILL THESE COCKSUCKERS?!?!?!?!?!?!?

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
That would create martyrs for their cause.

Just ignoring them and calling the cops so they can take care of this is more in order.

When MaddVibe is the voice of reason and cool rationality, you know the world has turned upside down and armageddon nears...

LoungeMachine
10-05-2006, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
When MaddVibe is the voice of reason and cool rationality, you know the world has turned upside down and armageddon nears...

I wonder if The Amish know the smooth sounds of Bo Bice?

Guitar Shark
10-05-2006, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine

LMFAO!!

Hardrock69
10-05-2006, 11:00 AM
Be nice if Jesus showed up at the Westboro Baptist Church and struck them all dead after telling them it was time for them to burn in Hell now...
:D

Nickdfresh
10-05-2006, 11:13 AM
Let's all join hands and pray that Jesus kills Fred Phelps by giving him ass-cancer.:)

Jesus Christ
10-05-2006, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
Be nice if Jesus showed up at the Westboro Baptist Church and struck them all dead after telling them it was time for them to burn in Hell now...
:D

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Let's all join hands and pray that Jesus kills Fred Phelps by giving him ass-cancer.:)

You guys really shouldn't tempt Me like this..........

DrMaddVibe
10-05-2006, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine

They'd know Bo, over what was the name of that supposed big name band you claimed to be in?