PDA

View Full Version : 'Shoot Me First,' Amish Girl Is Said to Ask

Matt White
10-06-2006, 09:37 AM
This, my friends, is the power of FAITH.....

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_a/shoot-me-first-amish-girl-is-said-to/20061005163509990016?ncid=NWS00010000000001

By CHRIS FRANCESCANI, ABCNews.com

Oct. 5, 2006 — The oldest of the five Amish girls shot dead in a Pennsylvania schoolhouse is said to have stepped forward and asked her killer to "Shoot me first," in an apparent effort to buy time for her schoolmates.

http://cdn.news.aol.com/aolnews_photos/0f/00/20061005193109990001 funeral procession makes it way through Nickel Mines, Pa. Funerals for four girls, victims of Monday's one-room Amish schoolhouse shooting, were held Thursday.

Rita Rhoads, a midwife who delivered two of the victims, told ABC News' Law and Justice Unit that she learned of 13-year-old Marian Fisher's plea from Fisher's family.

What's more, Fisher's younger sister, Barbie, who survived the shooting, allegedly asked the gunman, Charles Carl Roberts IV, to "Shoot me second," Rhoads said.

"They were amazing," Rhoads said, "absolutely amazing. There was a tremendous amount of calm and courage in that schoolroom."

"Marian, the oldest one, did ask to be shot first," Rhoads said. "The faith of their fathers really was embedded in them. … How many adults are willing to do that? Not many."

Marian Fisher was buried Thursday, along with Naomi Rose Ebersole, 7, and sisters Mary Liz Miller, 8, and Lena Miller, 7.

http://cdn.news.aol.com/aolnews_photos/08/06/20061005193209990015Hundreds of Amish mourners arrived on foot and in horse-drawn carriages to attend the funerals.

Anna Mae Stoltzfus, 12, is to be buried on Friday.

Rhoads' revelations come as the mystery surrounding the alleged motivation behind Roberts' attack deepens.

Roberts entered West Nickel Mines Amish School on Monday and shot a total of 10 girls before turning the gun on himself.

Rhoads said that before killing himself, Roberts uttered three words — "Pray for me."

Her account of Roberts' final words matched an account attributed to another named source in The New York Times.

"He asked the children to pray for him, and that's kind of interesting because he said he hated God," Rhoads said. "He must have recognized the faith in them, God in them."

Investigators believe Roberts, who brought lubricating jelly and plastic restraints with him, may have been planning to sexually assault the Amish girls.

In notes left behind to his family and a cell-phone call to his wife, Roberts said he was haunted by memories of molesting two young relatives 20 years ago, according to police.

Roberts, a 32-year-old milk truck driver, also said he had dreams of molesting children again.

However, investigators said that the two relatives, who would have been 4 or 5 at the time of the alleged attack, had told them that the abuse never happened.

http://cdn.news.aol.com/aolnews_photos/0f/05/20061005193509990002Residents watch as a funeral procession for one of the victims makes its way through the town.

"Both of them have no recollection of being sexually assaulted by Roberts," state police Trooper Linette Quinn said. "They were absolutely sure they had no contact with Roberts."

Meanwhile, two relatives of Marie Roberts, the killer's wife, told ABC News that she was not yet emotionally prepared to meet with the families of her husband's victims.

"In a couple weeks, she's going to meet with all the families," said Shirley Girvin, Marie Roberts' great-aunt. "That's her intention."

Jacquie Hess, Marie Roberts' aunt, said that she and her father, Lloyd Welk, the widow's grandfather, had met on Tuesday with the Fisher family.

"They told my father there were no hard feelings. There is forgiveness," Hess said.

She added that to this day she still had a hard time believing what Charles Roberts had done.

"I have asked to see his body," she said, "because, I said: 'I do not believe it was him.'"

http://cdn.news.aol.com/aolnews_photos/07/03/20061005193409990001Police sealed off the town where the funerals took place, and a no-fly zone was established overhead.

blonddgirl777
10-06-2006, 09:52 AM
I am not too familiar with the Amish comunity and their lifestyle but I beleive that they are the kind of people who do their thing, without bothering anyonelse... just like the Buddists?

That by itself, should be something the rest of the world follows...

Hardrock69
10-06-2006, 10:04 AM
Cool! THe police sealed off the town!!!

THat goddamnable fuck Rev. Fred Phelps would not have been able to get near the funeral even if he wanted to!!!
YES!!!
:D

I hope that fucking worthless sack of shit who did this is getting butt-raped by Satan right now with a red-hot spiked poker 2 feet in diameter!
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Matt White
10-06-2006, 10:13 AM
Right...the freaks who wanted to "protest" the girls funerals.....

ROLLING STONE had an article...about a year ago....in which some Vietnam vets....who happened to be in motorcycles clubs...were going across the USA...in the middle of the winter....to shield the families of fallen US service men & women from these freaks.........

blonddgirl777
10-06-2006, 10:35 AM
A funeral is a way to express feelings and to get some kind of closure...
It is an important step for the ones who lose their loved ones...

Nobody has the right to, and nothing is to be protested about that...however that funeral is done (unless it involves intruding in other's lives)!

blonddgirl777
10-06-2006, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
... getting butt-raped by Satan right now with a red-hot spiked poker 2 feet in diameter!

Ouch!
L.M.A.O.

Vinnie Velvet
10-10-2006, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
I hope that fucking worthless sack of shit who did this is getting butt-raped by Satan right now with a red-hot spiked poker 2 feet in diameter!

Well put.

SparkieD
10-12-2006, 11:23 PM
This is the kind of crap that makes it so difficult to drop off little ones at school every a.m. It kills me to even leave the school parking lot.

The schools have us parents by the short hairs. Sure, we could home-school, but then the kids miss out on important things like social diversity. Shit, if I had the confidence and patience to do it, I think I could find other ways for my kid to develop her social skills. Beats the shit outta sending her to a place where a moron with a hand-cannon can practically waltz right through the front door.

Nitro Express
10-13-2006, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by blonddgirl777
I am not too familiar with the Amish comunity and their lifestyle but I beleive that they are the kind of people who do their thing, without bothering anyonelse... just like the Buddists?

That by itself, should be something the rest of the world follows...

Exactly. The Amish stick to themselves. Something I wish the Mormons, Muslims, and other religions who think they are God's chosen to take the world over would take to heed.

We used to stop by a Amish community when I was a kid to buy very high quality woolen textile goods like sweaters and blankets. Anything made by the Amish is top, top notch quality.

Nitro Express
10-13-2006, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by Matt White
Right...the freaks who wanted to "protest" the girls funerals.....

ROLLING STONE had an article...about a year ago....in which some Vietnam vets....who happened to be in motorcycles clubs...were going across the USA...in the middle of the winter....to shield the families of fallen US service men & women from these freaks.........

Those freaks are a group of lawyers who assemble as a church of about 25 people. They are experts at exploiting the law to get publicity and to use the most horrid tactics to create a situation where they can sue individuals, police departments, and manicupalities for having their first admendment and other rights infringed. Apparently these people have a lot of money.

One of these days they are going to tick off the wrong people and end up dead. We live in a society that is becoming more and more lawless. Once people no longer fear the law, lawyers are fair game. Those assholes will be the first to get it.

Nitro Express
10-13-2006, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by SparkieD
This is the kind of crap that makes it so difficult to drop off little ones at school every a.m. It kills me to even leave the school parking lot.

The schools have us parents by the short hairs. Sure, we could home-school, but then the kids miss out on important things like social diversity. Shit, if I had the confidence and patience to do it, I think I could find other ways for my kid to develop her social skills. Beats the shit outta sending her to a place where a moron with a hand-cannon can practically waltz right through the front door.

When I lived in Israel the teachers were armed. Schools were juicey targets for the terrorists and in Israel, those in the reserve carry firearms. It seems extreme but everyone is trained to keep the guns chamber empty and the IDF has a very good instinctive firearms training program that reduces accidental shootings by a huge margin.

Maybe that is where we are heading. We used to be able to buy guns mail-order or without any registration or background check. Sure there was crime and always has been but people are way more violent now than they were in the 19th Century. The OK Coral was a big shootout in the day. Huge shootouts happen every week in the US that make the Tombstone, AZ shootout look like nothing.

Katrina showed everyone how incompetant the govt. is and dissolved any illusions that the govt. can protect us. The long gun control argument went out the window when everyone saw New Orleans become a free for all.

We are an armed society and sadly more and more shitheads abuse that right to do horrendouse acts. The only answer I see to the situation is to arm more people so the next time a pencil dick geek pulls such a stunt he catches lead before he has a chance to do anything. We know our schools and kids are a target. If we just continue to talk and do nothing it will happen again.

WARF
10-13-2006, 04:32 AM
Wow. That's messed up.

The killer realized the mistake he made.

But it was too late.

Ozzy Fudd
10-13-2006, 09:58 AM
If for some reason... i'm sent to hell for some of the shit i have done in my life i'm gonna be lookin for this ass hole.